Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #500 on: February 03, 2010, 01:46:04 AM
DERRR!

Really though, if they figure it out, props to them. Or maybe IT'S A COINCIDENCE! Until you find out in game.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #501 on: February 11, 2010, 01:48:37 PM
Thanks for the scans. :) Honestly, I didn't care enough about Redips to notice that his name was "Spider" backwards until I read Mandi's guide for MMXCM.

Now that this thread is active again, I have a question: Did anyone have/read any theories about Ruby-Spears Megaman? Not season-three related (RS didn't have anything concrete before the show was canceled), maybe?

Posted on: February 03, 2010, 01:57:46 AM
I just remembered something sorta-related (sorry if it was mentioned before): Insisting that Breakman is Blues's REAL title, and that "Protoman" isn't, because the cartoon used it. :(

Dunno how widespread it was, but I did see someone other than Mandi call him "Breakman" at all times.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #502 on: February 11, 2010, 02:37:28 PM
That was just the ravings of whatser name that runes MMHP. (the Breakman thing)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #503 on: February 12, 2010, 12:44:48 AM
Here's one. ZERO'S A GIRL! That was one that I've heard frequently.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: February 12, 2010, 12:49:38 AM
That was just the ravings of whatser name that runes MMHP. (the Breakman thing)

Still, there were others doing it (can't remember if it was just one other person, though).

Presumably, those people didn't read the manual/in-game dialogue; one wise clerk that I once spoke with said that most people didn't realize that Zero was male until X4. That's...sad.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #505 on: February 12, 2010, 12:51:09 AM
No, most of the people who think that just go by his long, girly hair. And boob lights.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #506 on: February 12, 2010, 09:43:26 AM
I blame the manga. Sparkly hair and eyes. XD [/didn't play X-series back then either]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #507 on: February 12, 2010, 07:09:50 PM
I blame the manga. Sparkly hair and eyes. XD [/didn't play X-series back then either]
Manga Zero, [Iwamoto] Was quite bishonen actually.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: February 12, 2010, 07:42:39 PM
So was Iwamoto-X. If I remember correctly, every other fellow in that manga was a bishie.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #509 on: February 12, 2010, 08:10:39 PM
except for that one clown in the first chapter.
And Sigma. He was just plain ugly as sin.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #510 on: February 13, 2010, 12:33:56 PM
Manga Zero, [Iwamoto] Was quite bishonen actually.
Well, when I first saw him that way back, I didn't know bishonen at all, so GIRL was my first thought. XD

AND SIGMA'S AWESOME

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #511 on: February 14, 2010, 12:40:38 AM
UGLY.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #512 on: February 14, 2010, 01:01:44 AM
GODDAMN D:

And for some reason, it makes me remember the "mangas are the official stories" bit. :/

I also remember seeings lots of fan-RMs on Angelfire that were little more than recolours/mishmashes of what MM sprites were available then. (Not much has changed...though I don't remember seeing any ladies) There also seemed to be certain conventions that fan-Reploids followed, like lots of unnecessary details or "Helmets are for squares".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #513 on: February 14, 2010, 02:57:54 AM
I remember that. I remember many many Jpegs too.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #514 on: February 14, 2010, 03:04:49 AM
Was .JPEG the best pic format you could put on the web at the time? (I heard that .BMPs looked better but weren't good for bandwidth) The .JPEGs I saw on those Megaman sites looked absolutely pathetic...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: February 14, 2010, 04:10:56 AM
UGLY.

... He looked awesome in X2. D:

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #516 on: February 15, 2010, 01:57:34 PM
Was .JPEG the best pic format you could put on the web at the time? (I heard that .BMPs looked better but weren't good for bandwidth) The .JPEGs I saw on those Megaman sites looked absolutely pathetic...

BMP are uncompressed and the file size was based on the picture's resolution instead of the amount of colors and data. There are color modes where you could shrink the size even more (and lose colors and quality in the process), but uncompressed full-color BMP will ALWAYS have the same size, as long as every picture has the same resolution.

Back at the time, there were JPEGs, and web-colored GIFs. The wonderful optimized coloring wasn't used effectively until people got access to the more heavy-duty programs. PNG made things better in the end tho~ ^^

That doesn't mean that one should ignore GIF or JPG. They are still great formats to use on the net. If you want your web page, blog or whatever to be accessible to everyone, one should effectively use them more often. Find the right level of compression for both of them, and they will still keep their quality (JPG), their color palette (GIF), and still be small-sized and work perfectly fine on ANY browser (including console and portable ones). ;3

But since more browsers (including the Wii browser) are now supporting PNG (and APNG), it's a good thing to use it now. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: February 15, 2010, 03:24:15 PM
I see. :) I think I might've seen a transparent .PNG or two on Angelfire, but those pages didn't have much else on them, I think.

Speaking of Angelfire--I noticed that a lot of fansites tended to pull the Robot Masters' personalities out of their asses, even with the data CDs from Megaman and Bass Rockman and Forte (Ex: that one site that claimed that Elecman was an evil megalomaniac).

Also found some more interesting things:

http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/o-mega/home.htm Prematurely claims that most everyone in the Classic series is deceased, though they don't use the Cataclysm excuse (or even say why, other than that it's written in X-series-tense).

Most of their quotes come from RS-MM; in Proto's bio, they say that the cartoon might not have been popular had it not been for him. I want to know which mystical planet of glee the author lives on whose inhabitants weren't personally offended by Proto's role in RS-MM. Bizarrely, they claim that Auto was in RS-MM (a shaky claim further "backed" by all his quotes coming from MM7).

http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/bio02/ Ugly yellow-text-on-black-BG bios for some of the bad guys. (The good guys section has nada) They claim that Darkman is the strongest of the "Sentinels".

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/hydra/final/index.html#third Their bios are quite...interesting.

- Megaman was damaged in the capture of the RMs, and had to be rebuilt. He's considered a "Humanoid Defense Mechanism".

- Roll is responsible for Rush's maintenance. Her bio got copy-pasted over Dr. Light's.

- Cutman is Megaman's "most dangerous enemy", and still serves Dr. Wily. So do all the MM1 RMs.

- Gutsman often teams up with Bombman. You know, the guy whose weapon he's weak to.

- Iceman mines oil for Wily in the "frozen wastelands"; he's implied to be quite cruel.

- Bombman is truly a mad bomber--something went wrong during the reprogramming process. The bombs come out of his shoulderpads of doom.

- Fireman likes his targets at close range.

- Elecman is an expert in electronic charges, and "Too many times has Megaman returned home needing shocked systems repaired after going out to apprehend Elecman."

Oh, and in their links page, they state that Nintendo is the sole publisher of Megaman games. :/

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #518 on: February 16, 2010, 05:56:13 AM
Funnily enough, the Bombman/Gutsman and Iceman bios seem consistant with Ariga's representations

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #519 on: February 21, 2010, 02:48:56 AM
Yeah, wasn't thinking of Megamix at the time. I'm starting to think that, back in the old days, it was considered "the story of the games that clearly already have story" like Iwamoto's mangas.

Posted on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:44 PM
Here's something interesting (post #125): Roll's middle name of "Ryan" is fanon, since it came from a fan translation of SvCCF 2. For the longest time, I thought it was just something that was thrown in the original game. :/

Offline RoosterSoul

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #520 on: March 17, 2010, 06:59:17 PM
im not sure if these have been posted yet,but heres the ones i remeber.

Megaman was a middle aged cop who got in a really bad accident and was turned into a android by doctors,And zero and x are cousins.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: March 18, 2010, 06:57:25 PM
Haha, I remember that first one. Not the cop part, but yeah.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #522 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:43 PM
Megaman was a middle aged cop who got in a really bad accident and was turned into a android by doctors

"Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law."
"Dead or alive, you're coming with me!"

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: March 18, 2010, 07:23:58 PM
Heh, one Megaman pirate game (Zook Z) used that plot, minus the middle-aged part.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #524 on: March 18, 2010, 08:32:32 PM

"Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law."
"Dead or alive, you're coming with me!"

ROBOCOP
   VS.
ROCKMAN

FIGHT!