rEduce, rEuse, rEcycle -- E3 2017 Extravaganza!

Phi · 20863

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: June 16, 2017, 09:16:37 PM
Now to close things off with based CrowbCat

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-XcWCDfmE[/yt]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #201 on: June 19, 2017, 07:51:41 AM
Can I just say that as hard as I try to not get excited for 3DS games, and as much as it ticks me off to see 3DS games that don't even bother to include 3D (and really, if your game runs on the original, no excuse to not be 3D on the New), that Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions looks crazy fun.

*sighs*  Never did replace my New XL with the busted screen, though...  But holy crap, that Metroid 2 remake.  Zero Mission being my favorite GBA game of all time, I can't very well pass that up.  LOVE their version of the Varia Suit.

New Woolly-ish Yoshi, yay!

Xenoblade 2 looks freaking sweet but I keep expecting to see a redesign of Pyra, just 'cuz...well, Nintendo's not been doing so hot in the localization censorship department over the last few years.

Pokemon announcement felt like an apology for the Direct, given that they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show, not even a logo or an illustration.  I think Nintendo is in an odd spot with trying to support the 3DS, in that the mass market is still eating it up but their core fans are demanding more Switchery.  The lack of backwards compatibility is a sticker there since it means you have to lug around two handhelds, assuming you use the Switch for its Switchness that it was actually built for.

Prime 4 has a logo, which is more than Pokemon can say.

Fire Emblem Warriors, freaking sweet, day one, even if I am ticked that Ike isn't in it.  Tiki amiibo?  SOLD!

Mario + Rabbids, I was on board already, but liking what I see.  Never played X-Com, so this style is new to me.

Mario Odyssey trailer was epic, that was the greatest misdirection I've seen in a very very long time.

The only thing that bugs me is that outside of Rocket League, third parties (most especially Capcom) showed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the Switch.  Whatever happened to Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest XI?  And on Capcom's end, wasn't that whole "we'll use our overpriced SF2 remake to gauge interest" thing supposed to be a mistranslation?  *sighs*  Oh well, more money for me to give to the indies, I suppose.  IntiCreates and Zoink thank you for your sloth.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)