Super Smash Bros. Bitchslap: What Do You Want To See In It?

Jericho · 144333

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: January 06, 2009, 10:24:51 PM
Final Destination is my favorite stage, but I'm no expert at Smash fighting, so what do I know?

Now that I think about it, Dixie would kick ass. She is one of the best character designs in gaming ever, after all.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: January 06, 2009, 11:45:58 PM
i've touched up my character list/movelist. i'll use this post to explain my reasoning for the characters.

- the original 12 have to be there. no exceptions.
- every character in Brawl is still here, cause there's really no reason to ditch anyone.
- those that were in Melee, but not in Brawl are back in some form. the clones are alternate costumes of their originals, and Mewtwo is playable. (i originally had Doc has his own character, but i rejected that idea. its one thing to have two characters named Link. its another to have Mario in two different getups occupying different spaces. i gave Mario a Dr. Mario move in place of FLUDD anyway. i don't want anything specific to one game.)

- Daisy was added for more female representation, and also to bring in some athleticism to the Mario camp.
- Tiny was picked over Dixie as stated on the previous page.
- K Rool is to add another villain to the roster.
- Bowser Jr. is there with his paintbrush, representing for the Yoshi camp. he is basically the same as Baby Bowser. and he's the only Baby that would really work.
- Ashley's there for WarioWare representation.
- Ridley's there because everyone knows he'd be awesome.
- Krystal is to again up the female quotient, as well as to add more diversity to the Starfox camp.
- Jody is there to add more females, and i really liked Ben's ideas for her. so i worked off them.
- Blaziken is there because he's naturally a fighter and would fit in to a fighting game. the Poketeam could use some actual RSE representation as well. and last time i checked, Blaziken was pretty popular.
- Ike stays because he's a lord in 2 games.
- Micaiah is there to add more females and not clutter the game with swordsmen.
- Little Mac is there because he's the most obvious choice.
- Ray is there because lack of Custom Robo is rather surprising.
- Issac represents for Golden Sun, which last time i checked was a big hit. why Ninty isn't continuing with them is baffling.
- Saki is there because Sin and Punishment is really popular now. he's also a natural fit.
- Captain N is there for old school fans. a redesign/update/maturation would be nice to see.
- Mega Man and Simon are there becuase they're likely the biggest 3rd party characters that stand a chance. and if you're going to have Captain N, you should have the rest of the team.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: January 06, 2009, 11:56:42 PM
i've touched up my character list/movelist. i'll use this post to explain my reasoning for the characters.

- Bowser Jr. is there with his paintbrush, representing for the Yoshi camp. he is basically the same as Baby Bowser. and he's the only Baby that would really work.
- Blaziken is there because he's naturally a fighter and would fit in to a fighting game. the Poketeam could use some actual RSE representation as well. and last time i checked, Blaziken was pretty popular.
- Ike stays because he's a lord in 2 games.
- Little Mac is there because he's the most obvious choice.
- Ray is there because lack of Custom Robo is rather surprising.

You are a genius. I was already redoing my list, but your Bowser Jr. idea works waaaay too well. I'mma steal it now. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #153 on: January 07, 2009, 12:02:00 AM
Bowser Jr. is not Baby Bowser, no matter how similar they may look.  If you want Yoshi representation, go for Kamek.

(Naval Piranha would make a cool Adventure Mode boss, too)

- Krystal is to again up the female quotient, as well as to add more diversity to the Starfox camp.
Thank you.  I'm not the biggest Krystal fan (do like, just not nuts), but a staff-user would at least break the Fox-triplet crap.

I still say Zelda's magical A button arsenal is too much up Micaiah's Light Magic alley.  While I realize everyone and their dog will argue with me on popularity grounds, if I were to pick a female non-sword FE character, I'd go with Shiida, Titania, or Lethe.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: January 07, 2009, 12:18:15 AM
I still say Zelda's magical A button arsenal is too much up Micaiah's Light Magic alley.  While I realize everyone and their dog will argue with me on popularity grounds, if I were to pick a female non-sword FE character, I'd go with Shiida, Titania, or Lethe.

Stop reading my mind and posting what I came up with weeks ago. XD

You have NO idea how much I was contemplating putting her into a Smash roster. It'd even make more sense to have Marth & Shiida as the power couple representing Fire Emblem since they're both the series most important firsts (Marth = first Fire Emblem lead, massively popular worldwide at this point thanks to Melee, Brawl and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon DS; Shiida = first truly important female in Fire Emblem, has a good bit of popularity herself, and has gained a good deal more with Shadow Dragon DS. Not to mention, staff user.)

Honestly, that should have happened from Melee so the whole Roy isn't from the same game, "Why was he cut?", and working out a SSB4 roster problems wouldn't be so damn difficult to deal with. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: January 07, 2009, 01:32:13 AM
To be fair, everyone keeps stealing the Daisy tennis spike idea....

Alright, you can have Shiida and I'll take Lethe, deal?

I swear I will never forgive RD's devs for nerfing her.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: January 07, 2009, 01:48:43 AM
To be fair, everyone keeps stealing the Daisy tennis spike idea....

Alright, you can have Shiida and I'll take Lethe, deal?

I swear I will never forgive RD's devs for nerfing her.

Deal. Also, I want to believe that Fire Emblem by SSB4 will be worthy of 3 characters (at least). Thing is, that third spot has fierce competition between:

1.) Ike (I love him in Brawl already, so why change a good thing?)
2.) Hector (Could serve to be the heavy hitter Ike currently is, uses an Axe, and is pretty popular)
3.) Lyn (It's [chameleon sting]ing Lyn. Honestly, I wanted her in Brawl just because there are still no damn eastern style swordsmen/samurai influenced swordsmen in the roster, and that's a crime. Also, girl. XD)
4.) Roy (Because although personally, I prefer the Marth, I know that a fully re-worked Roy would be awesome, that and the fan demand would send him straight to the top of the wanted pile.)

So Hypershell, since you're pretty much the only other FE head doing this, who would you pick? I'll probably do a four set from them for the laughs anyway though. XD

Also, I still haven't gotten Radiant Dawn... Damn you Nintendo World for being out of stock the one time I had money for it! XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: January 07, 2009, 01:51:30 AM
- those that were in Melee, but not in Brawl are back in some form. the clones are alternate costumes of their originals, and Mewtwo is playable. (i originally had Doc has his own character, but i rejected that idea. its one thing to have two characters named Link. its another to have Mario in two different getups occupying different spaces. i gave Mario a Dr. Mario move in place of FLUDD anyway. i don't want anything specific to one game.)

BULL. [parasitic bomb].  Dr. Mario WILL be Playable once more, once I get done with him.  He deserves more than just a Skin Swap, and I'm gonna see to that.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: January 07, 2009, 01:54:40 AM
BULL. [parasitic bomb].  Dr. Mario WILL be Playable once more, once I get done with him.  He deserves more than just a Skin Swap, and I'm gonna see to that.

Honestly, I would have done it myself, but my Mario group was 6 frigging people. XD

Him & Lip would be great representatives of Nintendo's puzzle game heritage though.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: January 07, 2009, 02:04:09 AM

my list, my rules, ho.

however, i will take Shelly's point that Bowser Jr. != Baby Bowser. next revision, i'll stuff him into the Mario category and leave Yoshi all by hisself again.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: January 07, 2009, 02:06:59 AM
Dr. Mario I might excuse as a costume swap if not for Fireballs and FLUDD.  They don't really work for him.
So, what the hell?  6 character slots isn't the end of the world (5 to preserve the oldies + Daisy for me).  Mario IS the company mascot, after all.

Oh yes, and Pichu does NOT work as a Pikachu skin-swap.  The fact that he is smaller, with infinitely cuter vocals and taunts, is the whole freaking appeal.  Like I said, if roster space is a concern then I'd group him with possible Pokemon Trainer picks.

So Hypershell, since you're pretty much the only other FE head doing this, who would you pick? I'll probably do a four set from them for the laughs anyway though. XD
Well, since I'm one of those "sucks to axe anyone" people, I'd probably preserve Marth, Ike, and Roy.  Lethe makes four already.

So far as how to handle Lethe (transforming character is a given), I figure the animal form would hit harder, but fly further when struck (since Laguz tire easily when shifted).  As for moves......need more time there.  Fire Emblem attacks are basically pulled out of a hat, anyway.  But I figure a paralyzing roar should be part of her Final Smash.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: January 07, 2009, 02:10:50 AM
Dr. Mario I might excuse as a costume swap if not for Fireballs and FLUDD.  They don't really work for him.

i ditched FLUDD completely, replacing it with Dr. Mario viruses. and when using the Doc Skin, Mario would throw Megavitamins instead of fireballs.

Oh yes, and Pichu does NOT work as a Pikachu skin-swap.  The fact that he is smaller, with infinitely cuter vocals and taunts, is the whole freaking appeal.

i don't think the size difference is that profound. and what's wrong with skin swaps getting altered voice clips?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: January 07, 2009, 02:16:29 AM
It's enough.  Even if overall height is close, their body proportions are anything but.  There's also the physics differences, weight and speed and all.

Viruses I think would work better as a Final Smash.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: January 07, 2009, 02:23:23 AM
Baby Bowser as an Assist Trophy, perhaps. Keeps Ground-Pounding, doing massive damage to those in direct contact, then causing a shockwave to hit anyone else standing on the platform.

Or, if you really want to break canon and still be awesome, make Bowser Jr.'s Final Smash the same as the last Baby Bowser fight.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: January 07, 2009, 02:31:12 AM
Or, if you really want to break canon and still be awesome, make Bowser Jr.'s Final Smash the same as the last Baby Bowser fight.

ooooh, that's good. can i steal this?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: January 07, 2009, 02:34:16 AM
Him & Lip would be great representatives of Nintendo's puzzle game heritage though.

True, but would it have to be Doc, though?

I say, any or all of the Virii (they could stand to have all 3 playable as a sort of PKMN Trainer style-switch system, maybe) could stand to represent Dr. Mario by themselves, in my opinion. After all, they play a more pivotal part in the games than Doc himself certainly does.

Besides, if there's one thing Smash lacks, it's definitely more "bad guys", or just general "up-to-no-good" scamps to help fill up that roster.

Would be cool, but at the same time wouldn't be necessary, in my opinion. In the games, Jr has a perchance for summoning crap to ruin people's day, so let him snap his fingers and summon something like an Airship Fleet or some iteration of a Giant Mecha (I'm thinking something along the lines of Mario Galaxy) to wreck havoc on the screen for a couple of seconds.

Either that, or he could pull a Mario Kart and throw a LARGE Bowser-style koopa shell on screen.  8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:29 AM
All these recent posts remind me that I should do an AT list sometime as well. XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: January 07, 2009, 02:52:49 AM
ooooh, that's good. can i steal this?

Hey, if you can decide whether or not you want him to breathe huge fireballs at a certain spot, or whether he should just ram everyone on-screen with his colossal size, be my guest.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: January 07, 2009, 02:52:55 AM
You know, it's about time you got here, Ben!  I've been curious what you thought of my Akari & Alice Bitchslap ideas. 

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: January 07, 2009, 02:55:00 AM
As long as this is SSBBitchslap, we really should have Tifa Lockheart and Scarlet.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: January 07, 2009, 02:57:24 AM
As long as this is SSBBitchslap, we really should have Tifa Lockheart and Scarlet.

Put in whoever you want.  LoL, I mean, it's not like Ninty's reading this board and swapping our ideas.  Have fun with it.

I mean, I'm putting in Blues!  XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: January 07, 2009, 03:01:32 AM
LoL, I mean, it's not like Ninty's reading this board and swapping our ideas.

Well, they should. D:

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: January 07, 2009, 03:11:52 AM
You know, it's about time you got here, Ben!  I've been curious what you thought of my Akari & Alice Bitchslap ideas. 

Indeed. Comments would be appreciated on anything I've rambled about as well. XD

Well, they should. D:

I'd be scared. I'd also want full access to the next Dojo! for laughs. XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 07, 2009, 03:19:36 AM

Sorry, been a bit in and out over the last week and some change. Been very busy, plus I some how managed to get under the weather a bit. I'm (mostly) better now.  8D

Any way, I'll get to my comments (or rather "rants/raves") on yours and Sats soon. If not now, hopefully before the night is over...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:02 AM
Speaking of comments, I guess no one here knows much about Boktai since no one commented on my Django D:

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.