Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I dont want Snes X9.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Yea... I'd rather have another 8-bit megaman game. :)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
In before the never ending debate over X1-3 style or new style....

Dammit Flame. XD

Still though, I stand by the notion of kicking things back to the old mechanics with a nicer or newer coat of paint.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
meh. for a comeback a return to the roots was cool, but now its time to try a new direction. MM10, should be something different. not necessarily 3D, but still something different. something NEW.
as for X9, no Snes graphics. even PSX style is a *maybe* I wouldnt mind playing an Snes X game, I havnt minded for the first 3, and I would mind even less a PSX styled X game, I loved X4-6, but with the way that the X series' story has evolved, making it 16 bits isnt a good Idea, unless capcom is really willing to throw away story for "nostalgia" when 16 bit style X games arnt that nostalgic. X1 is in a category all its own, but I wouldnt find another X game in its style "nostalgic" id find it cheap. cheap and lazy.  Nostalgia is fine, but it doesnt always work in certain situations.
if the DO make an Snes X9. fine, whatever, ill accept it, but  I really hope they dont. since X1, the X series has grown int terms of storyline,  and the gameplay has deepened with it.

Posted on: January 02, 2009, 12:34:28 AM
In before the never ending debate over X1-3 style or new style....

Dammit Flame. XD

what? it was eventually going to be started by someone else anyway!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
i'd prefer Capcom not abandon the X8/MHX style. but it'd play X9 no matter what the visual style, so long as the gameplay is up to snuff.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
i'd prefer Capcom not abandon the X8/MHX style. but it'd play X9 no matter what the visual style, so long as the gameplay is up to snuff.
this.
they had finally gotten it right, all to abandon it now?
DO NOT WANT.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
I miss the times I so far as wanted an X9.

On second thought, I don't.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Well, i don't care about gameplay, graphics or etc, the most important is Storyline, if Capcom decided make SNES, do you think Axl's sprite look like? just like Megaman 9, Bass, who did not appear in Nes style.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Well, i don't care about gameplay, graphics or etc, the most important is Storyline
DIE, MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
1UP: Will we ever be lucky enough to get a Mega Man X9 -- but with Super NES era graphics and music?

HT: It all depends on fans' demand! We might see that day, as long as there is passion!

Well MY demand is BIG.

So get going.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Heh, everybody's so busy with their SNES X9, they completely ignore that the cataclysm got denied once again...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Oi, again with that stupid, pointless discussion. People are gonna [sonic slicer] either way. I'm not even gonna bother tossing my hat in again, since most of you already know my opinion on the matter.

Heh, everybody's so busy with their SNES X9, they completely ignore that the cataclysm got denied once again...
I noticed, but I think that once Inafune said that it wasn't the case, that theory was almost completely wiped out anyways except for stragglers who just refuse to let go (which is a common occurence in basically everything, anyways).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Ignore?
NEVAR.

WWWWRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well MY demand is BIG.

So get going.

...HOW BIG IS IT?

LoL, couldn't help myself.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
I noticed, but I think that once Inafune said that it wasn't the case, that theory was almost completely wiped out anyways except for stragglers who just refuse to let go (which is a common occurence in basically everything, anyways).

It isn't just the cataclysm though, even if there are people that don't want to believe Inafune's statement, this time they said that any notion of them having been killed, not just by Zero, is not official.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Im not changing the inafune metdrop.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Im not changing the inafune metdrop.

My version is better anyway.

>:C

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
You have one?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Oh yeah. now I remember. XD that was awesome. XDXD
well mine takes place at another time. with another noob.

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
meh. for a comeback a return to the roots was cool, but now its time to try a new direction. MM10, should be something different. not necessarily 3D, but still something different. something NEW.
as for X9, no Snes graphics. even PSX style is a *maybe* I wouldnt mind playing an Snes X game, I havnt minded for the first 3, and I would mind even less a PSX styled X game, I loved X4-6, but with the way that the X series' story has evolved, making it 16 bits isnt a good Idea, unless capcom is really willing to throw away story for "nostalgia" when 16 bit style X games arnt that nostalgic. X1 is in a category all its own, but I wouldnt find another X game in its style "nostalgic" id find it cheap. cheap and lazy.  Nostalgia is fine, but it doesnt always work in certain situations.
if the DO make an Snes X9. fine, whatever, ill accept it, but  I really hope they dont. since X1, the X series has grown int terms of storyline,  and the gameplay has deepened with it.

Posted on: January 02, 2009, 12:34:28 AM
what? it was eventually going to be started by someone else anyway!

I think they're taking the whole, "Nostalgia" idea bit much, but I'd rather see MMX9 as 32 bit style and more fast paced like the snes X games. But they should actually "try" to move foward in a new direction with gameplay at least.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile

The cateclysm is over now, we can all rest!  :)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
this.
they had finally gotten it right, all to abandon it now?
DO NOT WANT.

There are so many things not right with the X8/MHX visual style, it's not even funny.

The styling is okay, but clarify what's what! Can't even tell what objects are ground you can stand on, sometimes.
Or even hazards.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Can't even tell what objects are ground you can stand on, sometimes.

So, do you have problems witrh the floor in later X games too? That weird abstract perspective freaks me out.