Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Kyouya got it right.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
How is that even retro? do I have to star up on my point about "X series retro"? -_-;

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Real X retro would barely provide any storytelling at all. Some dialogue boxes maybe, but no scenes.

You know, there's a part of me that prefers this.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Then listen to that part.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

As much as the story was getting moderately interesting in the series, I can totally agree to this.

Edit - Random thought, newly sprited or redesigned Command Mission variants of the characters for the next X sidescroller. Is this awesome? Y/N

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
sure, why not. though X is really the only variant.. everyone else looks pretty much the same... although,
seeing Zero with THIS design would be so kickass.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
What about taking the more recent designs and spriting them SNES style and making the game play the the first three?

Example of style or something:

(from Sprites INC - it was apparently ripped straight from X8 as alittle bit of fanservice or something)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
(from Sprites INC - it was apparently ripped straight from X8 as alittle bit of fanservice or something)

From the PC version of X8.

It's just a cursor.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Those "sprites" are merely the pointers into which your mouse pointer transforms when it's inside the playing area of the Windows port of the game.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Okay, I get the point, but I still think it'd be an appropriate style if they were to SNES-itize the more modern X designs and such.  :\

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
likewise. also, the sprite itself seems to look more than just the SNES X games 16 bit style, just the artstyle of the sprite

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I honestly don't get why you dislike the SNES sprites that much.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
never said I did.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
If it were to take place after X8, the more detail-picky fans might go fugnuts if he were to have his "original" armor, not the X8 thinner armor (even if Capcom states that he switched back, I bet). If anything, it could just be an upgrade of the original sprites to the newer look. I don't dislike the original sprites, I just don't want to listen to more complaining about "backwards recession" (what with MM9 not having slide and charge) from other groups and such.

... Otherwise, I don't have much of a point to prove here and am not even thinking very straight due to a massive headache. >_<

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I never liked X8's models that much. too long and skinny for me. the ONLY one that actually looks good Is Axl, strangely enough.
also, does anyone else notice that like, a few of his guns are rehashes of his X7 guns? like, the laser gun is his X7 water gun, with its regular shot set as the X8 special weapon...

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
If I was in charge of making X9, I would make it a side-scroller Command Mission, just to no one would have to suffer from bad camera angles.  Both X and Zero would get thier bulky selves back, I agree with everyone else who says thier to skinny.  It works with Axl, but not with those two.

12 animal bosses, break out of the 8 boss theme.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
It isn't just the cataclysm though, even if there are people that don't want to believe Inafune's statement, this time they said that any notion of them having been killed, not just by Zero, is not official.
So WHERE DID EVERYONE GO???

do I have to star up on my point about "X series retro"? -_-;
Yes, so we can shoot it down!

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
So WHERE DID EVERYONE GO???

Keiji Inafune: "We present only the ingredients that imagine."

Yabe: I guess we're entrusting everyone to use their imagination (laughs).

(even if Capcom states that he switched back, I bet).

X and Zero and Axl are back to their old designs in Command Mission. Really it's just an art-wise design change, not a plot-wise design change.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Because the in game Models looked terrible. the redesigns looked cool in the CGI scenes, and aceptable in the artwork, but in game itself, they just didnt look right.
plus I wouldnt have a problem wih Zero if they hadnt destroyed his helmet design.
that Helmet looked VERY imposing. in X8, not so much.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
That helmet made Zero look downright frickin' scary.

In X8 he looks like a goddamn clown.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
That helmet made Zero look downright frickin' scary.

In X8 he looks like a goddamn clown.
someone else understands.
they went a bit too far with the "streamlining" with him. his helmet made him look badass. it was pointy in various directions, and all cool looking, and made him look pretty scary. then his chest and shoulder armor. it was BIG. bulky and big, and the shoulders were rather square, and it made quite an impression when he stood up stright, that large chest and shoulders. in X8, he looks too slim. he doesnt look impressive anymore.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
I don't like the designs SPECIALLY in the CGI scenes to be honest. Maybe it's because of the close-ups but I don't remember X's buster in X7's or CM's looking full of rough edges, nearly all-squared, like in X8's. And to me when everybody is trying to pose badass when Failmeenay is delivering his retarded speech before the final battle it looks plain stupid. I don't know if it's because of the designs or if whoever modelled them couldn't make the poses properly, but still.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Alright, i'll admit CM was a very, *cough*Rough*cough*, game. Despite some interesting stuff, the game just didn't feel like it was trying very hard, especially with the graphics. Then again, I didn't progress much into it after spending half-a-day dealing with that second form of that weird Doctor guy when you're retrieving Cinnamon, with no success.  :( (Brilliant use of the awesome title music, though)

I guess we'll just know what the next X game will be when it's announced, and all we can possibly do is hope that it comes soon.  :)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
To tell the truth, I found X's X8 buster design "interesting"
the CGI scenes were the only place I liked the redesigns.
also, I think Axl's walk in the end looked awkward...
also, am I the only one who would die to see Zeros ponytail smack X when he turnes around in the ending?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Alright, i'll admit CM was a very, *cough*Rough*cough*, game. Despite some interesting stuff, the game just didn't feel like it was trying very hard, especially with the graphics. Then again, I didn't progress much into it after spending half-a-day dealing with that second form of that weird Doctor guy when you're retrieving Cinnamon, with no success.  :( (Brilliant use of the awesome title music, though)

I guess we'll just know what the next X game will be when it's announced, and all we can possibly do is hope that it comes soon.  :)
devfend and attack when the bulknhead opens and reveals the green core. otherwise, your attacks will be wasted. defend in your regular form, then when he uses mad ecstasy (I THINK that was the name...)
go hyper and kick his ass.
yeah, the graphics seemed sorta bad in places, such as how no one has facial expressions. this is the biggest issue with X though. as hes just standing there with no expression, screamin REDIPS! YOU... YOU MAVERICK! which is hillarious to watch. also then theres some of the "forced VAing. lol, RRRREDIPS!