1up interview: Hironobu Takeshita says "whine moar for Mega Man X 9"

Jazz Shaking · 27629

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I gotta say I agree with both HyperSonic and Acid. More so if we're talking about X5 or X8, although the other games bar X7 were no problem.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
all I dont like about it is the redesigns the in game charcters get. mainly X  and Zero in X8. the character redesigns dont look good at all. ESPECIALLY Zero. i mean, they ruined his magnificently imposing helmet. that thing made him look cool, and looked like he would stab your head on each of the 4 spiked tops of his helmet. then theres his ponytail... but other than that, they did really good. I would say improve upon X7, since I actually loved its visual style, but people might rage on how X7 sucked.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I liked the redesigns in X8. But I said that already, many times.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I would be ok witht hem if they didnt look weird ingame... I dont know, but something about the in game models irks me. Axl I liked. hes like, the only exeption. I really liked his redesign and it fits him... And X I can live with. but Zero...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
I seriously don't agree with the skinny redesigns of X8. But hey, to each their own. If they could reuse the mesh models from X7 to make X9, I'd die a happy panda.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I seriously don't agree with the skinny redesigns of X8. But hey, to each their own. If they could reuse the mesh models from X7 to make X9, I'd die a happy panda.
this. oh god ths. if thay made like, an X7 with better gameplay, and concentrated on the 2D segments of the game, theyd be set.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=410.0

I wonder what Inafking would think about this. 

Sprite Sheets of each character, are they worth the headaches?   >BD

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
I guess not but if they play remake it in SNES style than they better carry plenty of Advil. I wish they stuck with designs of X4 where they didn't look so horribly skinny or with the Command Mission designs where they look the same but even more stylish and "modern". Also, if they are going to to put it in 3D be sure to keep the same 2d-ish gameplay that some parts of x7 and X8 possessed.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
I wonder what Inafking would think about this.
Probably "Who the hell are half of these characters?".

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Acid
So, do you have problems witrh the floor in later X games too? That weird abstract perspective freaks me out.

Shining Firefly's Tower of Piza is all the rage!

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Shining Firefly's Tower of Piza is all the rage!
Split Mushroom did it before.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Not at a 45º angle, though... :o

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Boomer Kuwanger had the best Tower Stage. 

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
I'd love to see X9, but I can see why people would have problems with Capcom being old-school for the sake of being old-school. Of course, even if X9 looked and sounded like a SNES game I'd get it in a heart beat.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Excuse me?

Uh, dude...

There is a very obvious difference. The X4 one looks passable at least. X5 just WTFd it.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Those stairways were the extreme case. But even the regular stages had a little angle. I never liked that.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
I do prefer good ol' flat floor as well. :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
If they go retro, make it like a nother X4. that game was great. they REALLY should do anime style Cutscenes again. dont get my wrong, I dug X8's CGi's, but you cant Beat X4's style. Of course, IHX had the anime hand drawn type again, but I always liked X4's style in particular... cant place why.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Because they were the first you saw.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Real X retro would barely provide any storytelling at all. Some dialogue boxes maybe, but no scenes.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
i heard complaining about perspective in X8 and MHX. wuh? i have never experienced such confusion in those games.

X8's designs are a little too thin. but i think everyone looks too fat in Command Mission. MHX got the proportions right.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
i heard complaining about perspective in X8 and MHX. wuh?

These were bearable. But CV:X Chronicles did a better job at getting that retro platforming right.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I liked the X7 models. The XCM models were cool, But X in particular felt too clunky. but then again, he seemingly lost the ability o jump, as shown by the intro scene in Lagrano. the pillar falls and hes like, onoes, I cant get past itz. Zero shadow you go on ahead. he very well could have just jumped over it.

Real X retro would barely provide any storytelling at all. Some dialogue boxes maybe, but no scenes.
It really wouldnt. but what do you mean, by "real X retro"?

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
but what do you mean, by "real X retro"?

X1-3?