Pokemon Generation VII: Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon *Leaks/Spoilers ahead!*

Dr. Wily II · 105990

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Yea, Hakamo-o showed up pretty easy for me too. Finding Jangmo-o is another thing altogether.
I was also half expecting Mareanie and Sableye to be a bit more difficult... But they both appeared on the first call for help. Poor Corsola and Carbink...

Was trying out the Battle Royale as well... DARN.
The RNG-ness of the whole thing is mind-boggling.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
I tried manually setting Hail to get Vanillite and Vanillish. They appeared pretty easily. So I'm done with weather. It's better to just buy a Water Stone for Poliwrath, and I can use my Sun version to get a second King's Rock for Politoed.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Finally became the Alola Champion in Sun, with Decidueye lv70, Incineroar lv69, Primarina lv69, Toucannon lv68, Alolan Raichu lv68, Palossand lv68.

I knew the Tapu Koko fight is forced, so I saved at the Champion room before sitting on the throne.

Sun is going on break as I'm going to focus on grinding my Moon team for the Elite 4.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Those levels... are they overkill or do you actually need them?! Because that's insane.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I think the Final Boss is like 63, but he's tough so it might be needed.  Again this game is not easy, it's up there with Gen 5.

Edit: Nope 58, so yeah that's kind of overkill.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Overkill? Oh no. The final boss still gave me trouble.
Plus I needed the levels to tank Tapu Koko.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
True, I mean I was Late 50's-Early 60's and the entire League was a uphill struggle.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Collected all 100 Zygarde Cores and Cells and assembled my Power Construct Zygarde in Sun.

Was also aiming for a Happiny at Route 1 via SOS in Sun... Instead, I got a Shiny Pikipek. Not complaining.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Got a Galvanize Geodude on Wonder Trade, OMG SO HAPPY NOW.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
BREED AND SPREAD THE LOVE

In Sun... I became the new Buffet Queen. Ok then.

In Moon... Beat the game with Snorlax lv67, Vikavolt lv67, Primarina lv68, Tsareena lv67, Salazzle lv67 and Crabominable lv67. Went without saving prior to catch Tapu Koko... Man, Snorlax wasn't special sponging hard enough lol.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Currently filling my Pokedex. All the grinding has come from Poni Plains and nearby high level stuff. If a Riolu shows up, I let it SOS for Chansey. Only have about 20 or so things to level up. Type: Null is really taking his sweet time getting happy. Did he start at [tornado fang]ing 0 or something? All stone evolutions are done save for Petilil. Waiting on another Sun Stone from Poke Pelago.

Also started doing Island Scans. Evolving/breeding them isn't as big a priority.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Type: Null actually does start at 0 friendship.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Oh. That settles that then. Yuck.

My Pokedex won't actually be complete until I play Sun. I plan to use Primarina, Vikavolt, and Salazzle on my team then, so I'll just beat the game then trade them over to the main Moon version. Not completely sure what else I'd use. Leaning towards Midday Lycanroc, and would like a Steel type and a Dark type.

::edit:: Upon further inspection, Lycanroc's move pool is a bit thin for me. I think a Ground type will suit me better. Mudsdale looks good. My Dark type will be Persian, and my Steel type will be Skarmory, which I'll breed in my Moon version.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Yea, Type: Null. Soothe Bell helps. If you have the hot springs in Poke Pelago, you can leave it in there for short periods of time. Or exploit the Paniola Ranch circle.

Also, apparently I have better luck encountering the very rare Pokemon of a route in my Moon than in my Sun.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
There are also berries that increase friendship at the cost of gained EVs, so spam them before doing any training and BOOM! Max friendship!

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
I had a Friendship Cafe in my Festival Plaza. That was the bulk of his happiness. The rest was 20 something levels while I grinded everything else. And yes he did have the Soothe Bell the entire time. It did evolve earlier today, so all is well.

I forgot to catch a new Lillipup after I traded the first one I caught. So when organizing my boxes, I was stumped when I couldn't find it. Now I only need my Sun version to evolve the rest of my mons, except for Petilil who I'm still waiting for another Sun Stone.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Me in Moon, Poni Grove.
>oh a riolu, must catch
>snorlax used hold back
>riolu 1 hp
>riolu called for help
>CHANSEY
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>catch chansey instead

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Finished the UB post quest, and caught Necrozma in Sun. Only have the Battle Royale and Battle Tree left.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Details of the next Global Mission have been revealed.

We are to use the Island Scan within the QR Scanner to catch or defeat 1,000,000 Pokémon. The mission will run from December 27th 2016 04:00 UTC to January 9th 2017 23:59 UTC.

The rewards are as follows: 2,017 FC if successful, 217 FC if failed.
If your game is linked to a Global Link account, you instead get 4,034 FC if successful, 434 FC if failed.

Sounds doable, since the last mission hit 17 million... Although you technically can only do one Island Scan per day...

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Well guys, I finally got a Pokemon Sun thanks to my older brother as an early birthday gift.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
JOIN USSSSSSSSSS

Also, did anyone managed to SOS a Gengar?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
I tried once with Tapu Koko. Didn't have the patience or resources.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
I tried 3 times, all ended with Haunter using Struggle. Even changed between Haunters.

Guess I'll just trade for one.

Not looking forward to SOS a Politoed either, haha.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
So Pokemon Bank finally has compatibility with the Sun/Moon games. Launch the program, and update it to ver. 1.3 through the eShop. It requires 496 blocks of memory. The PokeMiles and Battle Points system is still intact, so no need to worry about grabbing them for your ORASXY before the update.

Launch the Poke Transporter next, and also update it through the eShop to ver. 1.1. This requires 420 blocks of memory. With this update, you can now transport your Virtual Console Gen1 Pokemon to Sun/Moon. The Pokemon may have their Hidden Abilities, and they will have at least 3 max IVs. These transferred Pokemon will have a Gameboy icon in their profile page, unlike AlolaDex Pokemon that have a clover icon. Do note that any glitched Mew you get in your VC Gen1 games will NOT transfer successfully.

Once everything is updated, when you log into Bank, if you still have your subscription up, Brigdette will give you a Mewnium Z. Give it to a legit Mew with Psychic to unleash its special Z-Move, Genesis Supernova.

Lastly, unrelated to the above, but a new Global Mission is announced, that will start on 31 January 2017 and end on 14 February 2017. The mission is to do trades over the GTS. No other information is known at this point.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Also as a warning, DO NOT do a Trade Evolution with Gen 1 VC Pokemon that results in getting a not Gen 1 Pokemon once you transfer it to Sun or Moon.  Otherwise you won't get it back because it claims it's an illegal Pokemon.  Hopefully Gamefreak addresses this soon.

EDIT: Also there is no National Dex in the game.