Aloha AOHA! ALPHA OMEGA HOENN ADVENTURE!

Quickman · 35804

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:33 AM
Seeing as how the old one died a slow and agonizing death (and has taken on quite a funk) and we got a new Hoenn with new stuff on the horizon, I feel it's high time to bury the old Hoenn in a shallow, unmarked grave and go to the new one!

It was a pleasant and sunny afternoon outside of Littleroot Town, and we find the famed Pokemon field researcher Professor Birch out with his team, doing what he does best; studying wild Pokemon in their native habitat.  With him are colleagues Professors Hemlock and Mulberry, their Pokemon lab assistant, and their financial backer as they embark on a a research breakthrough of a lifetime!

Other Trainers and Pokemon Center Nurses have spoken about a new strain of Pokerus, and for the first time, Birch was able to find a wild Pokemon population with a stable infection.  Such a discovery would provide a bounty of new insight into the disease and how it affects wild Pokemon, and how such a virus would further benefit the growth and training of captive Pokemon. 

With his boundless excitement, Birch and his team journeyed out to Route 101 to observe a wild pack of infected Zigzagoon.  The information gleaned from such intense study would be beneficial to his academic and scientific goals, and Birch was eager to get a closer look.

Perhaps, though, he was a bit
too eager.

*Professor Birch snuck through the tall grass toward the back, his camera and sound recorder in hand.  His colleagues watched from a fair distance, with their Hypno lab assistant taking notes and operating additional recording equipment.  Birch's face flushed with excitement as he whispered into his recorder with each careful step.*

"I'm almost to the pack now... I stand about ten feet away from them, and the alpha male has not noticed me... Their scouts have not picked up my scent...  The wind is from the southeast... and blowing in my face... I can smell them, but they can't smell me...  The infected members appear more aggressive than the rest...  We've noticed that they will frequently battle other pack members, but these aren't dominance battles... they fight in order to bite...  We believe that's how the infection is spread--through salivary contact with open wounds...  The outward symptoms we've noticed were a marked increase in aggression, followed by marked fatigue; they tire easily... FLIR camera thermal imaging has also revealed an increase in body temperature..."

*As Birch was concentrating on his recording and sneaking, he didn't notice the Zigzagoon that had flanked him and approached him from behind.  It hung back a few paces and kept in step, sniffing at the ground and watching intently.*

*Several yards away, the rest of his team watched and waited.  Professor Hemlock looked through his binoculars, and then to Mulberry.  He had certainly noticed the Zigzagoon.*

"Think we should tell him?"

*Mulberry shook his head.*

"Nah.  He'll find out, won't he, Mr. P?"

*Mulberry looked over to the team's financial backer with a sly smile.  He then looked to their Hypno assistant, who was seated in a folding chair, with a notebook on his lap and an audio recorder beside him.  In one hand, he held a boom mic.*

*Mulberry glanced up again at Birch and the Zigzagoon, and then returned his gaze to his Hypno.*

"You're in for a treat, Prof."

*The Hypno said something that Mulberry didn't catch.*

*Back in the field, Birch was still recording when he felt a sharp nip on his rear.  He leapt to his feet and whirled around, finding a growling Shiny Zigzagoon.  Its teeth were bared and its fur was sticking out more than usual.  With a snarl, it lunged at Birch.*

*Birch screamed like a little girl and ran around in a circle with the Zigzagoon nipping at his heels.*

"SAKUUUUUURRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!  HEEEELLLLLLLP  MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

*On the sidelines, Hemlock, Mulberry, their Hypno, and the mysterious Mr. P all facepalmed.*

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 06:53:20 AM
(I'll reply to this later, I need to think about how to respond to this
 Also Hypno's aren't really native to Hoenn, most of the time they're isolated in the Johto/Kanto region maybe give him a Kirlia instead? 

Also do we have a premise besides the Pokerus outbreak?)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:55:55 AM
(They got theirs from a Breeder.  He's the mad scientist Hypno I was doodling for Inktober and he has a purpose later.  And yes, there is a premise.  Wily and I were plotting this for a couple days.  When he gets around, he'll hopefully add a bit more.  I was just setting up the initial scene.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:58:03 AM
(Okay I'll just wait a bit to see what Wily is doing.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:41:02 AM
A flashback... 12 months have passed... Team Flora was disbanded when Mt. Chimney erupted after years of dormancy, burying Lavaridge Town, and their headquarters, under layers of ash and lava. No one knew why the volcano suddenly erupted, since Flannery was the only survivor, and she had since moved on into the desert, but leading more of a nomadic life than as a Gym Leader.

The "zombie" epidemic that plagued Fallarbor Town had since been cured, with little sides effects. Victims can vaguely remember what happened, investigations were sketchy at best, and were swiftly abandoned.

As for Dr. Wily II... No one has heard of him since...

Present day...

*head shaking* "I have invested a lot of money into this project, and all I get so far is a native Professor being chased around by a Zigzagoon. A Poochyena, that I can accept. But a Zigzagoon...

The mysterious financial backer, Mr. P. Pretentious, or Mr. P as he preferred to be called, was dressed up like a gentleman, right down to a small tophat sitting atop his head, a monocle on his left eye, a stylish cane that he's slightly leaning on to his left, and holding a bubble pipe in his right hand. He wanted to see first-hand the outfield work, but things have... Dampened.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:51:13 AM
(Let me think about if I actually want to get involved in this one, I just don't know if I want to this time.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 07:55:10 AM
*Birch's shrill girly scream pierced the headphones as the Hypno lab assistant ripped the things off his head and threw them to the ground in pain.  He said something to Mulberry in a slow, disjointed voice.*

*Hemlock just shook his head slowly.*

"God, you could hear him in the next county...  Mulberry, tell your Hypno to stop the tapes."

"He's not deaf.  Tell him yourself."

"I'm not going to argue with you.  We should've left him at the lab, but whatever." *Hemlock looked to the Hypno.* "Stop the tapes."

*The Hypno did as he was told and resumed watching Birch run around in circles.*

*In the field, Birch screamed and tripped over his own sandals.  He sprawled to the ground, dropped his equipment, and kicked one of his sandals at the Zigzagoon.  Scrambling to his feet, he stepped out of the other sandal and ran around barefoot, as the Zigzagoon chased him with a sandal in its mouth.*

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 07:57:19 AM
Taylor walked into Slateport City with her team in tow. Which is quite interesting since she was heading in from the east on the water. As she approached the beach, it became evident that she wasn't walking on water or anything, but merely Surfing atop her Pangoro, Darunia. She walked up the stairs to the nearby lighthouse when suddenly deja vu struck. She felt like she had been there recently and yet... it all seemed different somehow. She shrugged it off and walked to the nearest Pokemon Center to relax. Almost instinctively she rubbed the top of her head as if a wound was once there, though no such wound existed, which she chalked up to the deja vu once again. Whether she'd been there before in some capacity or this was her first time in Hoenn, which she was almost certain it was, she was ready for anything.

(So yeah, same team as the old RP, same names, but different characters despite being basically the same. Also alluding to the old RP a bit just for laughs)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 08:07:42 AM
(Trak's back in Kalos, Quickie and Mewtwo are back at work and school, and the only character I'm using aside from throwaway Professors is the Hypno lab assistant with no name.  I'll get to his brief backstory eventually.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:40 AM
(I'll see how this goes but for now I'm just going to lurk the thread.  Sorry for the inconvenience but I'm just not feeling this, I think I'm PokeRPed out.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 08:15:44 AM
(Joe's moved on and no longer in Hoenn, Dr. Wily II is MIA as stated above along with Hypnoker. I'll only have Mr. P, and the new evil team to replace Flora.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 08:20:16 AM
"So is anyone going to save poor Birch from the scary Zigzagoon? Or should we use him as patient Zero?"

Mr. P removed his monocle, and wiped it gently with a handkerchief.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 09:48:35 AM
*Hemlock and Mulberry considered it for a moment.  It would certainly make studying the strain much easier.  But, alas, their funding was on the line and if their project leader was infected, it could make things worse.  It was bad enough that the unshaven Birch never seemed to dress appropriately for the lab, as flip-flops were not ideal footwear in an environment that could have slippery floors, hazardous materials, and things that could be dropped.  Particularly since due to their Hypno's cerebral palsy, he had a tendency to drop things, which could prove hazardous to Birch's toes and exposed skin.*

*Mulberry looked to the Hypno and nodded to Birch, who still screamed and still ran barefoot in a circle.*

"Go help him out."

*The Hypno let out a frustrated groan, placed his notebook and recording equipment aside, and hauled himself out of his chair.  He hobbled out to the field with a stiff-legged gait, reaching into his lab coat pockets for a Pester Ball.  Once within a decent range, he threw the Pester Ball with his good arm.  The Ball hit the Zigzagoon and it ran away in annoyance, with the sandal still in its mouth.*

*Birch stood there barefoot, leaning forward to catch his breath.*

"Th-thanks... (huff) I thought... I thought I was a goner...!"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 10:26:38 AM
Mr. P placed his monocle back onto his left eye, and sighed.

"Well. That was a waste of a good specimen. Not only was it infected, it was a goddarnit shiny! I thought you Professors know better!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 10:40:39 AM
*Hemlock smacked his forehead.* "I told you we should've left him at the lab!"

"I didn't hear you suggesting anything!" *Mulberry snapped back.*

*Birch was aghast, as the Zigzagoon's coloration was the last thing on his mind when he was trying to keep from being mauled.* "It was a SHINY?!  WHY DIDN'T YOU CATCH IT?!"

*Hypno glowered and emptied his pockets to show that all he was supplied with were Pester Balls.  Leaving the mess for Birch to deal with, he limped back to his chair and sat.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 12:48:20 PM
"Wow. Just wow. Of all the research programs to fund, I had to fund this motley crew. All of you are really exceling in making me doubt my decision."

Mr. P blew into his bubble pipe, and a stream of Bubbles slowly floated out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 03:46:36 PM
After recovering her team, Taylor took out her Pidgeot and flew to Oldale Town to do a bit of relaxing on Route 103 by the water. It always was a favorite place of hers.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 05:03:35 PM
(I need to decide on what happened to Pyro. Maybe he drove the entirety of Team Flora insane and off the cliffs of Lilycove before returning to Lavaridge Gym.)

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 05:05:50 PM
(Perhaps he could do that to those Flora members that managed to evade Looker. As for Lavaridge... It's like Cinnabar Island in Gen2.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 05:07:16 PM
(Also wasn't it established that Flannery was a member of the Elite 4 in this universe?)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 05:30:48 PM
(I most likely forgotten. It HAS been a while since this was revived. Either way, Flannery being the only survivor still makes sense, since she wasn't there when the eruption happened.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 05:32:25 PM
(Yeah that makes sense, maybe she decided to take a break and wander the world like Alder.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 05:40:19 PM
(No point in keeping the previous Pokemon RP stickied anymore. Un-stickied that, and stickied this new RP.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 05:42:44 PM
(Yeah, I think for now I'm going to say Sakura decided to take a vacation to Kalos, and experience the insanity of it.  Probably help Mr. Zoroark go home or something.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 06:16:37 PM
"I think I'm finally getting the hang of these video game things you love so much," The Judge handed his grandson's copy of Pokemon X back to him.

"See, I told you they're not just mindless wastes of time!" His grandson responded, "You can pre-order the next game, if you want."

"Pre.... order? Is that when you order before you order? My, what a paradox!" The Judge rubbed his beard in confusion.

"No grandpa. It just means you reserve your copy before the game officially releases in stores," He corrected him, "Here, let me type in the name for you," he typed in Alpha Sapphire.

"Hmm, ah there's a YouToo video here," The Judge nodded and clicked on it. He tilted his head at one of the comments, "What on earth does 'Flannery fap fap fap' mean?"

His grandson clicked to the previous page, "Ummm, don't worry about that! Let's just pre-order the game."

(So yeah, I'm probably just gonna do random [parasitic bomb] with The Judge. 8D)