The Light Myth: Palutena's Mirror / Kid Icarus Thread

VixyNyan · 59573

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: March 16, 2012, 10:14:12 PM
I think this game utilizes the 3D effect the best, judging from the eShop trailer.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #126 on: March 21, 2012, 03:02:31 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: March 21, 2012, 06:20:22 AM
Animation: Thanatos Rising
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnT-BDlZb4U
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-k-Vkq1hc
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjuBAIk6Dqk

Animation: Medusa's Revenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBdG0Bw-nBY

Animation: Palutena's Revolting Dinner <3 :cookie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARj6v2AEtMk

Thanks for posting these Vixy! I've seen the first four in English, but I haven't seen the Dinner one yet.

Just saw it, pretty damn funny! What is it with the Japanese media with beautiful girls that can't cook or create disaster when they cook? I know that's not true on all accounts, but you do this type of stereotype... though I don't mind.

It was hilarious and Pit saying "Again" cracked me up, poor guy.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:59 AM
Wow, that is ironic. Today, I finally tapped on the Nintendo Video icon and it turns out I was missing video since I got the 3DS in December. I didn't really mind until I saw that I was missing out on the Kid Icarus videos, then I was sad. Thanks Vixy! Now I don't have to go look for it. :D

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #129 on: March 21, 2012, 08:33:47 AM
Thanks for the post, Vix! Very useful.

Also, still lovin' dat boss theme. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #130 on: March 21, 2012, 09:44:06 AM
Gotta say, I love how the humans are actually fighting back.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #131 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:02 PM
Animation: Palutena's Revolting Dinner <3 :cookie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARj6v2AEtMk
That one cracked me up so much. 8)
(I'm gonna be so sad when it's no longer on my Nintendo Video...)

Tomorrow the game releases!  Got my pre-order ready with 3D Classics and all.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: March 22, 2012, 11:38:21 PM
I pre-ordered Kid Icarus Uprising about 2 days ago. So I'm getting the 3D Classics Kid Icarus free, thanks to Amazon's pre-order bonus. If everything goes right, It should arrive tomorrow.

Same here. I hope there's a join game option like MK7.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #133 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:21 PM
Same here. I hope there's a join game option like MK7.

Well since the JOIN GAME option was added in a firmware update and not just exclusive to MK7, I'm sure there will be. Which would be awesome.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 01:04:54 AM
I second that!

Got my pre-order and ready for pick-up!
Also I wish there was a way to save the videos on Nintendo Video, just not the same when some of the videos use the 3DS effect greatly like the Kid Icarus anime ones!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #135 on: March 23, 2012, 02:51:29 AM
Wow. You know what suprised me yesterday? That Uprising was already at one Gamestop at my local mall. Damn, those guys are quick enough to even give me a chance to pre-order. ::)

I might have to buy a new card book when the AR cards come in on my doorstep, and when the booster packs go on sale (by then I might have the game to actually USE them, but they might make nice collector's items).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 06:31:35 PM
OMG THIS GAME IS SO MUCH [tornado fang]ing FUN

Also Pit & Palutena are the best characters to come from Nintendo in ages while also having the best writing to come from Nintendo since Super Paper Mario.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 07:26:05 PM
I came It came. I'll give my first impressions later.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 09:54:04 PM
God, I love this game... *o*

The writing and and voice acting in the game makes this game so much more enjoyable. By the way, what cards did you guys get? I got: Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Twinbellows the Ferocious, crusher Arm, and Stackjaw.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: March 24, 2012, 03:03:45 AM
This game is pretty... well, weird.

First off, this game is no doubt beautiful and vibrant. Terrific and humorous dialog that really immerse you into the story. However, let's state the obvious: the controls. My main issue has been the camera. Whether you're sliding or flicking across the touch screen, I've had multiple problems with aligning myself correctly to my designated path. I feel that the ground battles should have been less close to the character and more "zoomed out" from the battlefield, so you can actually see where you're going if you want to make a quick turn or whatever.

I'm only on Chapter 4, but as of now, I'm pissed at Sakurai for making such an unwieldy control setup. What's more is there is a mother [tornado fang]ing CIRCLE PAD PRO option which could have EASILY remedied this setup. But instead, It's simply the same default controls, but for lefties.

This game is fun as hell, I love it. But the controls make me cringe, and I can play for about 20 minutes at a time before my wrist hurts. Granted, the stand does reduce some pain, but that doesn't fix the terrible controls. Not using the CCP for it's dual [tornado fang]ing analog (right analog for camera, ZR or R for attack) is nuts beyond comprehension.

By the way, what cards did you guys get? I got: Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Twinbellows the Ferocious, crusher Arm, and Stackjaw.

Pit, Palutena, Twinbellows, Medusa, Crusher Arm and Monoeye.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: March 24, 2012, 04:16:10 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #141 on: March 24, 2012, 05:21:07 AM
This game is pretty... well, weird.

First off, this game is no doubt beautiful and vibrant. Terrific and humorous dialog that really immerse you into the story. However, let's state the obvious: the controls. My main issue has been the camera. Whether you're sliding or flicking across the touch screen, I've had multiple problems with aligning myself correctly to my designated path. I feel that the ground battles should have been less close to the character and more "zoomed out" from the battlefield, so you can actually see where you're going if you want to make a quick turn or whatever.

I'm only on Chapter 4, but as of now, I'm pissed at Sakurai for making such an unwieldy control setup. What's more is there is a mother [tornado fang]ing CIRCLE PAD PRO option which could have EASILY remedied this setup. But instead, It's simply the same default controls, but for lefties.

This game is fun as hell, I love it. But the controls make me cringe, and I can play for about 20 minutes at a time before my wrist hurts. Granted, the stand does reduce some pain, but that doesn't fix the terrible controls. Not using the CCP for it's dual [tornado fang]ing analog (right analog for camera, ZR or R for attack) is nuts beyond comprehension.

Pit, Palutena, Twinbellows, Medusa, Crusher Arm and Monoeye.

You know you can pretty much completely customize the controls to your liking, right?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: March 24, 2012, 06:48:24 AM

:o

You know you can pretty much completely customize the controls to your liking, right?

Yes, I know you can customize. It's still just as crappy.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: March 24, 2012, 04:50:53 PM
Anyone besides me notice that the 3D Classics Kid Icarus seems to be off on its SFX/BGM balance?  The music seems too soft to me.  I hate to sound whiny but I hope Nintendo can update that...

Loving Uprising, to be sure.  Breaking only when my battery or my hands demand it so.

We knew that was coming sooner or later.  Not sure I was expecting it from Nintendo Video, though. 8)
(guess it's a safe bet that is either not coming here or at the very least will involve an edited-in swimsuit)

On the cards, got Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Three-Headed Hewdraw, Monoeye, and EZ Cannon.
I'm a little ticked, there was a killer Silver Bow in the weapon shop but I didn't have enough hearts.

And oh yeah, ESRB-less version of IGN's ad background.  Some awesome Medusa art there so I figured it was worth keeping.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: March 24, 2012, 07:29:37 PM
Alright, I love the weapons, just that I seem to suck at fusion. I can raise the weapons stars, but I always seems to lose the attributes that I want to keep like poison +3 or something like that...

ON a side note, I drop my 3DS and now I got 3 cracks on the screen. They are thin, but still damn. I don't have money for repairs right now. Any advice other than suck it up or send it to nintendo?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: March 24, 2012, 07:33:48 PM

Oh Vixy you! ^_^

Anyway I got the: Pit, Palutena, Magnus, Dark Lord Gaol, Mik, and the Crusher Arm AR Cards.

PS: Loving the game by the way! It's totally awesome and I've gotten use to the default controls!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: March 25, 2012, 05:07:14 PM
Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 2 just came up for the U.S.  Nintendo's a bit less uptight than I was expecting. :V

Got a RIDICULOUS set of Jetstream Orbitars from the shop.  4-1/2 Ranged Stars, 1-1/2 Melee, Overall Defense +3, Stamina +3.
Other favorites thus far are a 4-1/2 Ranged Twinbellows Cannon (with Heart bonus and Petrification!) and a 3 Ranged Meteor Bow.

I'm loving this game and the characters simply won't stop being awesome, but there are some stage designs that I don't feel compliment the controls very well, most notably Chapter 10 (I'm up to 17 now so that's well past).  The controls are built more for combat than they are for navigating environmental hazards, and I am NOT saying there's anything wrong with that, but you can sort of tell what levels were and weren't designed to play to those strengths.  The game is not a platformer and your biggest concern should not be to avoid doing a dash attack into a pool of lava.

Alright, I love the weapons, just that I seem to suck at fusion. I can raise the weapons stars, but I always seems to lose the attributes that I want to keep like poison +3 or something like that...
More often than not weapon fusion seems to be a tradeoff.  You can fuse forever and the overall performance of the weapons rarely improves.

Generally I just farm the early levels at high Intensity to get something with high stars, and use Fusion to manipulate the other attributes.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: March 26, 2012, 03:06:35 AM
Generally I just farm the early levels at high Intensity to get something with high stars, and use Fusion to manipulate the other attributes.
I should have thought of that... -AC

Man, eventually I'll finish story mode, but I can't stop whipping people's but in Light vs. Dark. So, when is RPM having it's first official Multiplayer room? :D

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: March 26, 2012, 04:22:23 AM
I don't know, because my game will show up in the mail next week. =w=b

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #149 on: March 26, 2012, 08:07:26 PM
It'll be awhile be before I can get my hands on that as well.  :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.