Super Smash Bros. 3DS 8 Bit

Thought this was kinda cool.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4876 on: September 11, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
Yeah I like his work a lot. His Electrodome 8-bit mix was excellent.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4877 on: September 11, 2014, 06:38:16 AM
[spoiler]
Looks like I won't be the one to... take you down. :(
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4878 on: September 11, 2014, 06:39:45 AM
According to the Famitsu scans Dedede has a new Final Smash. It seems to start with a super Inhale, then end with him smacking his opponent into oblivion. I'll miss the silliness of The Big Gay Dance, but this seems much more effective of a FS.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #4879 on: September 11, 2014, 06:41:24 AM
Was there any doubt to this one?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4880 on: September 11, 2014, 06:43:29 AM
[spoiler]
Looks like I won't be the one to... take you down. :(
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Siiiiiiiigh... Play time is over  :([/spoiler]

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4881 on: September 11, 2014, 07:08:09 AM
Hey, at least someone else seems to be returning.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4882 on: September 11, 2014, 07:26:44 AM
Hey, at least someone else seems to be returning.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'd rather have Wolf[/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4883 on: September 11, 2014, 08:58:30 AM
[spoiler]Dark Pit confirmed, apparently the guys who got the game early though suck major balls and can't beat him.[/spoiler]

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4884 on: September 11, 2014, 10:45:58 AM
[spoiler]Dark Pit confirmed, apparently the guys who got the game early though suck major balls and can't beat him.[/spoiler]

So far in total, I'll try to sum up what I've seen up to this point:
[spoiler]Three streamers, all Japanese assumedly and not that great at the game.
CHALLENGERS SO FAR (in order): Ness, Falco, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Wario, Lucina (why was an announced character a challenger? Ah well.), Jigglypuff, Bowser Jr., ROB
LEAKED/KNOWN CHALLENGERS LEFT: NONE LEFT, SORRY
COOL STAGES NOTICED: SNES F-Zero track, Magicant with nods to the Mother games in general
OH [parasitic bomb] BOSSES: Master Hand and Crazy Hand, obviously, but they've got new moves, and are deadlier than ever because even on easy difficulties their attacks come out fast. Crazy Hand only appears on a harder difficulty it seems, but there's actually something i'll note in a separate spoiler.

NOTABLE CLASSIC MODE CHANGES: The Kid Icarus: Uprising-style Difficulty Slider you get after selecting your character is definitely more scaleable than before, and things get pretty damn difficult at 9.0. The route system works in that your character moves on their own, but you can slow them down and pick between 2-3 different paths depending on where you are in the map (up until the end of the mode for the final boss, anyway). Trophies and items are occasionally scattered on the routes, and although you see pre-emptive series logos, what the match type and enemies may be are still up to guess. Which route you choose seems to determine what boss you get, possibly along with the difficulty slider too. Rather than choosing your stocks, you get 2 stock per stage - which means they replenish to two, but still means two deaths and that's it on any stage whatsoever. Getting Game Overs seems to cost you overall coins at the end as well as automatically toning the difficulty down by 0.5.

NOTABLE CHALLENGER FACTORS: Dark Pit is a ridiculous clone, I can't even tell what's different from what I've seen of him besides using a staff for his Final Smash and different weapons for some of the specials without any changed animations. Duck Hunt Dog is fanservice galore, he's various Zapper games rolled up into one reference to the point that one of his moves is literally leading a series of Zapper shots meant to be the player trying to shoot him. He even does the laugh as his intro. Dr. Mario has the Down-B Tornado back. Ganondorf's still a swordless buff(ier?) Falcon. Wario seems to have gotten better animations, although I haven't seen his attacks to judge them.[/spoiler]

I'm not even watching these streams anymore, the players keep suiciding and dying. Hamayama in particular just spams Specials like nobody's business and gets his ass wrecked for it.

Extra Special Spoiler breaking down something I saw and you may not want to spoil for yourself (sorry for those who saw what I mentioned before):
[spoiler]Master Core
One of the streamers, gema_yue, went through Classic Mode on difficulty 5.0 with Marth. Earlier they got the encounter with Mii Swordsman. I only saw the Marth run. Right as you go up to the path towards the Master Hand final battle, certain conditions apparently let you take a 'darker' route up towards a fight with Master and Crazy Hands. Big life bar, but it's counted separately so you can kill them individually. However, once one of the Hands were defeated, Crazy Hand teleports out and Master Hand spazzed out before he transformed into a mass of black energy almost resembling the shadow bugs from Brawl, and it's only called 'Master Core'.

It has three phases, the first two either dependent on your character or randomized; in this case, a swarm of swords throwing projectiles and themselves around, followed by a fight with a pitch-black Marth larger than the player. The more damage you do to them, their HP counter blocked by darkness, the more desperate they get but also the weaker they get, metaphorically speaking - the dark Marth got smaller and more normal-sized the more it got hit. Once you break down its forms, the music fades out and it transforms into what's basically an idle Small Ball core that gets a normal hit percentage, doesn't fight back, and keeps going back to the center of the arena until you manage to do enough damage to smash it off the stage.

Presumably, higher difficulties might change this, add more phases, or potentially even have different bosses. No one knows yet. Apparently the mass of swords of the first form were instead a giant, distorted dog for the Mii on the first run. And.. Uhh.. Apparently, he went extra freaky on the only 9.0 run to reach him so far, a Kirby run...

We're talking 'turning into a vaguely humanoid mass of darkness that lifts the Final Destination stage itself and [tornado fang]ing headbutts you' freaky. Even worse, the higher the difficulty, the more phases he gets, so it seems on hard enough difficulties Master Core goes through all three phases before cloning you. And you have to do this all on 2 lives, plus the Hands fight before it. Worse yet, with only 2 stocks per stage and the 0.5 difficult decrease per game over, you [tornado fang] up enough and you don't get a chance at all the forms in one battle. No one's going to know the result of a full perfect 9.0 run for a bit longer.[/spoiler]

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #4885 on: September 11, 2014, 05:38:44 PM
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r16HoG92hs[/spoiler]

0v0 Another main for me~ ~w~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4886 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:34 PM
Umm, to be honest, I think the ESRB leak IS the final roster, unless DLC is confirmed.
[spoiler]If you place Mii Fighter into the roster, Shulk moves into the row above, leaving two nice left of Pac-Man and two spots right of Random. In other words, the symmetry makes sense and the guest characters have their own row. It's similar to the missing corners in Melee's roster, albeit without the Random functionality.

I also find it odd that the ESRB leak would withhold characters, and that leakers are taking so long to unlock anyone outside the ESRB leak.[/spoiler]

Also, does anyone know kanji?
[spoiler]
Rockman's 2nd 3DS track is an 8-bit medley.
I'm trying to find the kanji before 曲.

EDIT: Nvm, found it: 原曲
[/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4887 on: September 11, 2014, 06:36:17 PM
Recall that Allstar mode still had a padlock though.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4888 on: September 11, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
Oh, I totally forgot about the padlock.
Someone (I think Neo Zero from smashboards?) supposedly had insider information hinted something about the ESRB images all being from the same build/save. I can't remember to be honest, and I also don't know how trustworthy that is.

EDIT:
[spoiler]

Seems like I was right. :/[/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4889 on: September 11, 2014, 08:50:14 PM
People who wanted Ridley and Mewtwo.

BTFO. :V

Shame about Ice Climbers, though.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4890 on: September 11, 2014, 09:33:58 PM
Pretty much every single new fighter (non-clone wise) is pretty damn awesome, all things considered. But unfortunately, the ESRB leak was true; that's all of the cast for now unless the DLC crap wasn't just pure bull. Really disappointed that Ice Climbers got cut, presumably with Rosalina essentially taking their place, but not too concerned about Lucas and Wolf themselves. It's moreso the principle that
[spoiler]they were replaced, so to speak, with Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit. Dr. Mario's obviously Mario with the Tornado back, and his Final Smash is Mario's but with pills, so.. Lucina is literally Marth without the blade-tip zoning speciality he has, and no one's found any real significant differences for Dark Pit yet besides his Final Smash - which is mechanically identical to Zelda's/Shiek's. Now I always thought Wolf was a heavy clone, but both he and Lucas were a lot more unique than this.[/spoiler]

I also updated my post above with what info I could gather from last night and today so far.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4891 on: September 11, 2014, 09:37:48 PM
[spoiler]Above everything else, I'm just sad Wolf is gone and Falco remained. Wolf was actually a somewhat different character than Fox, cept for the Final Smash and Reflect.

On the other hand, I'm really happy Dr. Mario is back! XD[/spoiler]

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4892 on: September 11, 2014, 10:26:54 PM
[spoiler]Speaking of Falco, I hope you guys prefer the ground. lol

R.O.B. has a new final smash. He charges his lazer.
IIRC, Dedede sucks the opponent in, does a few spinning heavy hammer swings, then throws a giant bomb.
Lucina's = Marth.
Dr. Mario is Mario Finale with giant pills and a trailing bubbly effect.
DHD is like Blue Falcon, except with Sheriffs shooting the opponent during the cinematic.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the roster, although I still think the CSS looks really bizarre. (Shulk is actually still in the bottom after Mii Fighters are added in). I do feel somewhat underwhelmed by everything else though (recycled stages, playable modes, lack of different costumes). The new stages are really cool. Waiting to see all the custom movesets. I don't think Metal Face is in the 3DS version...
[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4893 on: September 11, 2014, 10:29:23 PM
I'm also still hoping for DLC stuff.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4894 on: September 11, 2014, 10:31:02 PM
As long as said DLC does not include the Chrous Kids.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4895 on: September 11, 2014, 10:37:29 PM
I'm rather happy about the final roster. Aside from lack of Mewtwo, but oh well.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4896 on: September 11, 2014, 10:38:54 PM
Yeah. Was hoping for Mewtwo as well, but otherwise I am extremely satisfied with the roster. They brought back one of my mains, so I'm very happy with that. Plus a lot of the new characters look fun to use as well. I'm hoping for DLC stuff, but if this is it then I'm satisfied.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4897 on: September 11, 2014, 10:47:55 PM
My brother will be happy Game and Watch is there since apparently that's his main.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4898 on: September 11, 2014, 10:48:02 PM
[spoiler]Everything is pretty rad but Dark Pit bothers the [tornado fang] out of me. I'm just having a really hard time seeing any justification to a literal palette swap as another character. Like, he even uses Pit's swords despite the differing weapons in their art. What irks me all the more is that meanwhile Ness has PK Freeze available as a custom move for those that miss Lucas, so what stopped any differences with Dark Pit or even Dr. Mario from existing as that instead? I really don't get it.[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4899 on: September 11, 2014, 10:51:53 PM
[spoiler]I would imagine Dark Pit has some different Stats like maybe he's a better aerial fighter since in Uprising he had unlimted flight for most of the game.  As for Lucas I have no idea, even though I didn't really like the playstyle of the Earthbound characters I think I liked Ness better, but Lucas not being there is a shame, but I predicted he wouldn't and was unfortunately right.[/spoiler]