Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (Wii, PS3, 360, iPhone)

HokutoNoBen · 239708

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 21, 2010, 12:43:38 AM
God damn caterkillers.
Ive gotten so many unfair break aparts. I hit the area im supposed to hit, and then the pieces break apart anyway.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 01:51:08 AM
All this talk about classic you guys have, has reminded me of the old days.
When I used to be active on Polish Sanyk forums, hated on Sonic X with passion, complained about shitty polish dubs, wrote crappy "humorous" fanfiction, discussed old games, discussed retarded topics like "What if Amy was a guy", trolled n00b forums based on Sonic X.... SHIIIT. Good times.
: D

It's hard to believe, I hate Sonic so much now.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 23, 2010, 06:37:25 PM
God damn caterkillers.
Ive gotten so many unfair break aparts. I hit the area im supposed to hit, and then the pieces break apart anyway.

This multiplied by 5 in the Sonic 1 Megamix Hack (Which is amazing, and hard.). Damn Caterkillers are EVERYWHERE, its hard to hit them with a homing attack because it tends to hit the spot where you get hit and not the head. really annoying.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 23, 2010, 08:08:17 PM
This multiplied by 5 in the Sonic 1 Megamix Hack (Which is amazing, and hard.). Damn Caterkillers are EVERYWHERE, its hard to hit them with a homing attack because it tends to hit the spot where you get hit and not the head. really annoying.

To me, I appreciated that. The designers wanted to make sure that, even if you were playing a character who had the Homing attack, you were not meant to rely on it whole sale. Beyond Caterkillers, there were plenty of other opportunities that you could have gotten your ass slammed and jammed by misusing a homing attack, like with all of the extra Eggman Monitors that were strewn about the place.  XD

Truly a shame that a fan game hack does more to "get" what a modern day Sonic game could stand to be, while Sega's own continues to flounder about.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 09:53:04 PM
To me, I appreciated that. The designers wanted to make sure that, even if you were playing a character who had the Homing attack, you were not meant to rely on it whole sale. Beyond Caterkillers, there were plenty of other opportunities that you could have gotten your ass slammed and jammed by misusing a homing attack, like with all of the extra Eggman Monitors that were strewn about the place.  XD

Truly a shame that a fan game hack does more to "get" what a modern day Sonic game could stand to be, while Sega's own continues to flounder about.

My main problem with the damn homing attack in that game is that when I want to get some speed (Sonic) or try to get to a higher area (Shadow) and one of those [tornado fang]ing caterkillers or monitors is on screen, you either have to defeat them or try to avoid them.

But the game is still better than the [parasitic bomb] Sega is trying to sell nowadays.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #80 on: January 23, 2010, 10:14:31 PM
Dear Sega.....PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS BLOODY GAME UP OR I'LL GET THE AXE!

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #81 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:27 PM
I'm still dead set on drawing Big the Cat raping the SEGA logo if it comes to pass as a bad game.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #82 on: January 23, 2010, 10:19:36 PM
I'm still dead set on drawing Big the Cat raping the SEGA logo if it comes to pass as a bad game.
*Jumps on Rad's Boat*,Agreed.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: January 23, 2010, 10:20:39 PM
[tornado fang] you both, Big is the best character. >.>

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #84 on: January 23, 2010, 10:22:06 PM
I didn't say he was a bad character, I know next to nothing about him.
But it's the perfect character to draw raping a logo.

With leather.
and chains.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #85 on: January 23, 2010, 10:22:58 PM
I didn't say he was a bad character, I know next to nothing about him.
But it's the perfect character to draw raping a logo.

With leather.
and chains.
Bondage Anyone?.....Nah just kiddin.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 10:24:37 PM
Is it the big blue guy? I lost track of the Sonic side characters and I don´t know the differnce between fan made and original ones....

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #87 on: January 23, 2010, 10:32:55 PM
He's the big violet cat that came before blaze. Funny thing is, that his stages were influinced from Sega Bass Fishing.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: January 24, 2010, 12:36:56 AM
And he has some kind of mental issues and spends his adventures looking for his frog.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: January 24, 2010, 01:14:05 AM
In the end, the English VA for Big IS voiced by the same man who voiced Duke Nukem. That alone makes him awesome.  8D

Truly though, the likes of Vector, Espio and Big? They could have been characters in OTHER games, but just HAD to be shoe-horned into Sonic mythos, were they are horribly used and/or underutilized.

I mean, some one like Treasure could have made decent games starring Vector and Espio many moons ago. But noooooooo....they just had to be made Sonic series characters.  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 24, 2010, 01:20:10 AM
Vector was cool in Heroes. Before FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:30 AM
Art Contest for more info from Sega.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/27/project-needlemouse-community-challenge-2-new-concept-art-and-a-very-special-reward/

The Needlemouse Challenge: Part II

So, the folks here at SEGA have only one word to comment on the fake concept art above:

Awesome.

In fact, we’d like to see even more of it. So here’s the challenge: we want you guys to create your own concept art based on your favorite Badniks from the original Sonic games. It can be any Badnik from Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, or any other Sonic games of that era. Pick your favorite(s), draw them up concept art style, and send it our way! (Japanese not required!)

The Challenge: Submit over 100 (total) pieces of Concept Art of your favorite oldschool Badniks to SEGA! Show us which enemies you want to see in Project Needlemouse!

The Reward: If the challenge is met, next week we’ll reveal:

* Project Needlemouse’s Actual Name
        * Concept Art from the first Zone
        * A very cool extra bonus…

What to use: Alright! Now that we have your attention, on to the specifics. You can create the concept art in Photoshop, on paper, in Microsoft Paint, via crayon, or using pretty much any worthwhile medium that gets the point across. (Create it from something notably awesome – like, say, Oreos – and you will get a bonus spotlight!) The limit is one piece of concept art per person.

Submitting your concept art: Next, send it our way! You’ve got a few options here, so just pick the one that’s easiest for you.

1. Post it here in a comment! Host it on an external site like Photobucket.com, and then comment here on the Blog with a link to your art.

2. E-mail us! If you’re a little shy about showing off your work to the world, you can also send it to us via e-mail: communityteam@sega.com !

3. PM us! If you’ve got a Forum or SEGA Pass account, you can send a private message to RubyEclipse on the SEGA forums with your art. If you already have a forum account, you’re all set!

If you guys can send in a cumulative total of over 100 pieces of concept art by Monday morning at 10:00 AM, you’re in for a very special treat in the days following. This will be our final community challenge for Project Needlemouse - and it will also be one of the last times we refer to the game by its code name. If you thought the first concept art was cool, then trust us – things are about to get a whole lot more interesting. We will also be updating throughout the week and weekend to let you know how close you are!

Also more info within and a new official concept art.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 08:48:03 AM
I say, try to imagine what some of the other Badniks would have looked like in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and send that in!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 09:51:19 AM
More art contests to get interested in? Geez, I don't know if I should bother.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 10:36:31 AM
(Create it from something notably awesome – like, say, Oreos – and you will get a bonus spotlight!)

Really, Oreos.

Because those are awesome.
It'd be great if someone made something out of them just because they read it on there.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 02:12:36 PM
Honestly, i'm a little worried about them bringing back all these classic badniks.

I'm hoping that they create new ones as well, or the game won't feel as fresh.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 29, 2010, 02:48:10 AM
I will love it, if this turns out to be another rehash, but this time in form of a complete REMAKE of Sonic 1. : D
: /

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: January 29, 2010, 05:40:45 PM
I'm sorry, but what the hell kind of badnik attacks with Oreos?!

AHA, SONIC, I SHALL FEED YOU SO MANY OREOS THAT YOU CANNOT RUN FAST! BWAHAHAHA!

Actually, the badnik wouldn't actually be made of Oreos, but I've got an idea of how he'd work! Expect an Oreo badnik when I get home.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 29, 2010, 06:05:50 PM
You try eating a lot of Oreos without wanting to kill/[parasitic bomb] yourself.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #99 on: January 30, 2010, 03:46:01 AM
I can only eat a few oreos before I wanna puke.
Unless they happen to be the mint ones, I fuckin' love those ones.