Satoryu's One Man (and Woman for the time being) Show

Satoryu · 24495

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
on: November 26, 2008, 05:48:07 AM
i hope the backups for this thread survived...

i'll be posting some of my older stuff here when i get the time. some new stuff too, if you're lucky.

Posted on: November 08, 2008, 07:11:55
for now, i'll link back to my first effort at Youtube Poop.  Sonic Boot.

contrary to what the video description says, this is not my only YTP. i have another one planned out. i just have to piece it together in a new program because Windows Movie Maker is a piece of poop. i'll be working on it this week, hopefully.

Posted on: November 10, 2008, 18:44:10
I'll repost my first real fanfiction here, for those that haven't read it yet. and for those that have, i've touched up a few grammatical errors and inconsistencies.

Mega Man X: The Mist Enigma

i'll probably repost some other things this week, just to keep the thread alive.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:31:17 PM by Sato »

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:57:25 AM
for now, i'll link back to my first effort at Youtube Poop.  Sonic Boot.

contrary to what the video description says, this is not my only YTP. i have another one planned out. i just have to piece it together in a new program because Windows Movie Maker is a piece of poop. i'll be working on it this week, hopefully.
I LOVE the Yugi Rave at the end.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:08:03 AM
i'll link back to one of my Castlevania fanfictions.

Prelude to the Demon Castle War

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 10:49:46 PM
i posted this shortly before the crash. it's a No More Heroes fanfiction. fanscript, rather, as it's a play. it's a prequel to the game.

How I Married a Con Artist

Dusk.  Living room.  Front door adjacent.  SILVIA is seated on a couch, drinking tea.  HENRY enters the front door.  He sighs heavily.

SILVIA
   Another tough day?

HENRY removes his trench coat and hangs it on a coat rack by the door.

HENRY
   Very tough.  I did more running around than anything else.  Back and forth, back and forth.

HENRY walks to the couch and sits next to SILVIA.

HENRY
   I’m going to take the day off tomorrow.

SILVIA
   How much did you get paid today?

HENRY
   Oh about a thousand.  And that old drunk still owes me a couple hundred.

SILVIA takes a sip of tea, then sighs.

SILVIA
   At some point, Henry, you’re going to have to take higher paying jobs.

HENRY (snidely)
   Just so you can go ring yourself up another sucker?

SILVIA stands up with teacup and saucer in hand.

SILVIA
   Well, I do make far more money in my line of work than you do with your grunt jobs.  How do you think we’ve been able to keep this house?

HENRY rubs his temples.

HENRY
   Fine, fine, do what you want.  Just let me know when you’re heading out, okay?

SILVIA (playfully)
   No promises.

HENRY rolls his eyes and grunts.

Night.  The garage, connected to the house.  HENRY is swinging a kendo stick at the air, shouting with each swing.  He has no shirt on and is barefoot.  SILVIA enters door at back, wearing black negligee.

SILVIA (shouting over HENRY’s shouts)
   What are you still doing up!?  You’re going to wake Jeane with all that noise!

HENRY freezes in place, then resumes normal posture.

HENRY
   I have to stay in practice, Silvia.  If I let up on my abilities even for a second, my performance on the field will suffer.  And that means less money.

SILVIA
   I know that.  But do you have to do this now?  Can’t you do this tomorrow when you have the day off?

HENRY
   I have to do both.  I can’t let up for even one night.

SILVIA
   (sigh)  It’s time to go to bed, anyway.  Don’t overexert yourself.

HENRY places the kendo stick on a table and walks towards SILVIA.

HENRY
   I was just finishing up, anyway.

The two begin walking into the house, up the staircase to the second floor.

SILVIA
   By the way, Henry, a message popped up on your laptop.  Someone outbid you at the last minute.

HENRY (surprised)
   You’re kidding me.  Who’d be fool enough to spend more than $50,000 on a beam katana?

SILVIA
   Apparently, whoever has the screen name “Bizzare Jelly 4evar” is fool enough.  His bio said he lives in Santa Destroy.

HENRY
   That’s not too far away from here.  Maybe I’ll pay him a visit.

They enter the bedroom, dimly lit.

SILVIA
   Why do you want that thing, anyway?  What’s wrong with the beam katana you have now?

HENRY
   Samurai carry two swords with them: a katana, and a wakizashi.  If something were to happen to the katana, they’d use the wakizashi as a replacement.  And that Blood Berry would have been the perfect compliment to my Cross Saber.

SILVIA
   But there was nothing to it.  It was just an average weapon.

HENRY
   Equipment doesn’t need fancy bells and whistles to be good.

SILVIA (shakes her head)
   I’m not going to argue anymore.  Good night.

HENRY
   Good night.

The two kiss, then climb into bed. Black.

Noontime.  The bedroom.  HENRY is buried under the sheets.  A cellphone rings.  HENRY abruptly rises.

HENRY (half-asleep)
   Who’s calling?

He gets out of bed and walks over to the cellphone, on a drawer in front of a mirror next to the door.  He answers it.

HENRY (starting to wake up)
   Hello?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   Henry?  It’s Silvia’s mother.

HENRY
   Oh, hello.  How are you?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   I am well.  I take it Silvia is not home?

HENRY looks around the bedroom.

HENRY
   I’m not sure.  Let me look.

He looks in all rooms of the house, making his way to the living room.  The house is empty, save for him.

HENRY (annoyed and disappointed)
   No.  She’s not here.  Will she ever tell me when she disappears like this?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   I guess that’s just the kind of girl she is.  I knew she was going on another of her quote-on-quote jobs, but I did not expect her to leave this soon.

HENRY
   Do you know where she’s going?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   My intel tells me she has some business a couple towns over in Santa Destroy.  For what and for how long, I don’t know.  Pause.  Which is why I’m calling you, Henry.  I want you to follow her.

HENRY
   Follow her?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   Just watch what she is doing, where she is going, who she is with.  In secret, of course.  I will pay you, too.  Nine hundred an hour.

HENRY
   Sounds fair.  Pause.  Are you worried about her?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   Yes.  Santa Destroy houses a few top assassins in its midst.  I’m worried that girl might get too far over her head and do something that will get her killed.

Pause.

HENRY
   Okay.  I’ll watch her.  But remember, I can’t kill anyone without a permit from my employer.  If she’s in trouble, I might not be able to save her.

MRS. CHRISTEL
   I take it you can’t request a permit?

HENRY (hesitating)
   If you can give me the names of these assassins, I might be able to pull some strings.  No guarantees, though.

MRS. CHRISTEL
   No problem.  Something is better than nothing.  I’ll text you the names in a few minutes.

HENRY
   Okay.  But what do I do about Jeane?

MRS. CHRISTEL
   I’ll pick her up from school and let her stay at my house for a few days.

HENRY
   Okay.  Thank you.  She’s let out at 3 today.

MRS. CHRISTEL
   I’ll be there.  And thank you too, Henry.  Good luck out there.  I know you’ll do well.

HENRY hangs up and walks back up the stairs to the bedroom.  He places the phone on the drawer.  He puts on his boots, shirt, and tie.  He picks up the phone, then walks back down the stairs.

HENRY
   That crazy girl.  One of these days, the tables will turn on her.  Someone will outwit her, for once.

HENRY walks to the kitchen, takes out a slice of bread, and places it in a toaster.  His cellphone vibrates.  He takes it out and checks the message.  He pushes buttons on his phone to save the message, then puts it back in his pocket.  He takes a quart of milk out of the refrigerator and places it on the table.  He sits.

Blackout.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 04:03:53 AM
this is an origin story of sorts. it details the first metting of Satoryu and Sirco.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SSyched

The sun began to set.  A calm wind began to blow.  His blonde hair blew into his face, like it usually did.  He shook it back with ease.  Sitting atop a boulder perched on a cliff, he looked down upon the vast valley below.  “The bloodlust is so thick here,” he said to himself.  His tone was consistently lax.  “Even after I connected this place.”  He stood up and walked to the edge of the cliff, the toes of his grey High Tops lurking over to the bottom, the red-orange sun complimenting his jeans and green tee shirt.  A strong breeze blew in from the west, blowing his hair away from him.

A voice called to him.  A pretty, caring voice, one that instilled happiness and tranquility within him.  A voice that only he could hear.  “Everything okay over there?”  He responded, “Yeah.  The impurity is gone.  The world is connected.  I’m just going to snoop around for a while.”  “Okay, be careful,” the voice rang.  “See you at home,” he said as he leaned forward, letting gravity pull him off the cliff’s edge.  He dropped a good thirty feet before he began floating.  He proceeded to fly over the valley, searching for the source of the bloodlust he felt.

At the edge of a dying forest, a band of demons walked south.  No two demons looked the same; each was of a different species, had different skin colors and textures, had different assortments of weapons and horns, and the like. At the front was a tall anthropomorphic canine with purple fur, wearing jeans and a leather jacket.  “Come on, men!” he called to the others.  “The next town is only half a mile away.”  A blue ogre called from the back, “I hope so!  I can’t wait for the next party to start!”  “Just keep your shirt on,” an orange lizardman responded.  “Before you know it, you’ll be clubbing skulls all night.”  The ogre laughed with excitement.  “Quit teasing me!  You’re only making the wait more unbearable!”  “Patience is a virtue,” the canine called to the ogre.  “Just contain your zeal until we get there.”  The ogre nodded, “Okay, Crack Dog.”

The grip on his broadsword tightened.  The sword had a gilded design on both sides partitioning the blade into four parts.  He took a deep breath, then swung the sword forward, cutting through a large tree.  The tree proceeded to fall towards the setting sun.  Through the line of trees before him, he could see the demons on the outside.  He saw the tree fall on top of a handful of them, killing them with a thud and a splat.  He nodded his head, his face carrying determination with it.  He leapt forward, out of the forest, with his sword outstretched to his left.  It connected with the orange lizardman’s head, lobbing it off in an instant, green blood spraying from its neck like a fountain.  Before the other demons could turn to see what had happened to their compatriots, he had landed and entered his fighting stance.  He crouched slightly and held the hilt at head level, with the blade facing forward, perpendicular to the ground.  The blue ogre exclaimed, “It’s him again, boss!” when he caught sight of the gold body armor, green pants, and orange shaggy hair of their attacker.  Crack Dog turned to the gilded warrior with a smirk on his face.  “You don’t get tired of this, do you, boy?”  His determined, frank response: “Today’s the day, Crack Dog.  The day you die.”

He caught whiff of a few strong presences.  Most were from demons, but one he was unsure of.  “Could that be a human?” he asked.  “With his strength, it almost feels like there are twice as many demons there than there really are.  This could be trouble.”  A white aura surrounded him as he began flying at double speed.  He reached his destination quickly.  He could tell because in the distance was a group of forty or so demons and what looked like a human.  “This guy is extremely strong,” he thought of the human, “even for his race.  Some of these demons feel really tough, too.  Perhaps I should lay low for a little.”  He flew higher into the sky, watching from a distance where he couldn’t easily be noticed.  “Or lay high.  Whatever.”  He stuck his tongue out.

The warrior stared directly into Crack Dog’s eyes with murderous intent.  The canine smiled.  “I’m glad to see you’re as pumped up as usual.  But you’ve wasted enough of my time and men.  We have to get going.”  The warrior gritted his teeth.  “Not before your head is off your shoulders.”  Crack Dog shook his head.  “When will you learn to let that go?  People die all the time.  We just did your village a favor by speeding up the process.”  As he finished his sentence, a yellow aura began flaring around the warrior.  In a blink of an eye, he was on the opposite side of the demons.  The blue ogre was bisected vertically.  Both halves fell to the ground with a thud.  The man in the sky whistled with intrigue.  Crack Dog was still smiling, and began to laugh.  “Don’t get me wrong, boy, I’d love to fight with you, but I just don’t have the time.”  He and the other demons began walking back onto their path.  “We’ve got a village to pillage.”

The man in the sky began slowly descending and pointed his finger down towards Crack Dog.  After pointing, he snapped his fingers.  On the ground before Crack Dog, a trail of fire blazed upwards, stopping their progress.  They all jumped back in surprise and fear.  “What the hell?” many of them shouted.  The warrior looked on with slight intrigue.  The man descended to the ground, in front of the fire.  “What’s this I hear about pillaging?  I don’t think so.”  A brown bat demon shouted, “[tornado fang] you!” and threw his club at the man.  The man caught it in midair and instantly flung it back at the bat.  The club connected with its face, making it splatter in various directions.  Crack Dog became uneasy.  “Stand down, men.  This guy isn’t some average schmuck.  Something about him rubs me the wrong way.”  The man raised his fist to the sky.  “You mean like this?”  He punched the ground, creating a tremor that pushed all the demons off their feet.  The demons began whimpering in fear.  Crack Dog was worried as well.  “Fall back, men!”  They all ran the way they came.

The man waved his hand, extinguishing the flames.  He began walking to the warrior.  “I knew you could take those guys with little effort.  I just wanted to make sure none of the stragglers got to that village.”  The warrior held his sword out to the man when he was within reach.  The man “ooh”ed in slight surprise.  “Crack Dog was mine.  Why did you let him get away?”  The man read the warrior’s mind.  Scenes of those demons killing humans filled the warrior’s thoughts.  An image of three bloody bodies within a beaten up house lasted the longest.  He put two and two together.  “Did they kill someone close to you?”  “Yeah.  Everyone I loved.  My entire village.”  The man looked to the ground in pity.  “I’m sorry to hear that, Sirco.”  The warrior’s eyebrows jerked up instantly.  “How do you know my name?  Who are you?” he shouted.  The man stated, almost with pride, “The Connector of Worlds.  Satoryu.  My job is to travel to different universes and make sure the natural order of events play out as they should.  That’s usually done by stopping disturbances the denizens of the universe can’t handle themselves.  Like I did here an hour or so ago. Now, your world is connected to all other worlds.”

Sirco swung his sword at Satoryu.  He only sliced air, as Satoryu had warped behind him.  “Likely story,” Sirco said.  “Your abilities.  They’re not things humans possess.  You’re a demon, just like them.”  “No no no no no,” Satoryu shook his head.  “I am human.  I was given these abilities by the gods.  It’s how I’m able to do my job.”  “You’re full of it,” Sirco answered promptly.  “You must be a demon.  And I won’t let you go any further.”  Satoryu held the bridge of his nose and sighed.  “I’m telling you I’m not a demon.  I mean no harm.”

Sirco reached for the white, bloodstained headband around his head.  He pulled at it to take it off.  His aura began flaring even more, reflecting brightly off his gold armor and sword.  His pupils disappeared, and the whites too became golden.  Satoryu’s eyes widened.  “Wow.  That’s definitely not normal of your people.  Your power almost feels demonic.”  Sirco didn’t respond.  He only showed his teeth and growled.  Satoryu paused.  “You’re really going to fight me?”  A large knife materialized into his hand.  Around the hilt was a bladed knuckle guard.  He grinned slightly.  “Eh. Could be fun.” 

The two dashed to each other and crashed swords.  An ear shattering clang followed.  About twenty more clangs followed in the proceeding ten seconds.  Satoryu punched at Sirco with sword in hand.  Sirco jumped to the side, so Satoryu’s blade was wedged into a tree.  Sirco attempted to stab Satoryu.  Satoryu slid under him, leaving his sword in the tree.  He reached behind him and formed a ball of light in his hand.  The ball flew quickly to Sirco, growing in size as it traveled.  Sirco jumped upwards to avoid the light ball.  Satoryu smirked, flipped over his right shoulder and flew up towards Sirco with left foot extended.  Sirco swung around the tree they were in front of.  Satoryu kicked off the tree when his foot touched it.  He backflipped in the air and landed at the base of the tree.  He noticed that his sword was no longer in the bark.  “What the?” he questioned.

Suddenly, two blades cut across Satoryu’s back.  He gasped in pain as blood sprayed out of the wounds onto Sirco’s face.  Sirco continued to slash at Satoryu, shouting louder with every attack.  After a dozen slashes, Satoryu fell face first to the ground.  Sirco stood over the body, exhaling heavily.  He dropped Satoryu’s sword on the ground, and raised his own over his head.  Satoryu’s sword dematerialized into nothing.  Sirco screamed louder than ever and prepared to impale Satoryu’s back.  Before he could, Satoryu began to glow.  Sirco grunted with question and stepped back.  Satoryu’s body floated upwards and rotated so he would be standing.  “I understand now,” he began.  “You’re in a berserker state.  One you’ll stay in until either everything around you dies, or you die.”  He stretched his left hand out to Sirco, and quickly floated to him.  He grabbed Sirco’s face and squeezed.  “Let’s see if there’s a third option.”  Light pulsated from Satoryu’s arm to Sirco’s face.  The warrior screamed in agony. 

After a few seconds, Satoryu stopped and released his grip.  Sirco let go of his sword and fell to his knees.  His aura disappeared.  His pupils returned to his eyes.  He tried to catch his breath.  “Did you...” he struggled to say, “did you...stop me?”  He looked to Satoryu with a confusion on his face that almost seemed out of character.  Satoryu stopped glowing.  The gashes on his back had closed, leaving no scars.  “No demon has...” Sirco continued, “ever been able...to do that before.”  “It’s like I told you,” Satoryu assured him, “I’m a human.  A human with divine gifts.”  Sirco stood up.  “I don’t know what I was thinking.  Your powers are on an entirely different level from demons.  I’m sorry for assuming the worst of you.  Your just intentions are clear to me now.”

Satoryu shook his head, “Don’t worry about it.”  He put his hand on Sirco’s shoulder.  “You’re an incredible fighter, and have a strong urge to maintain justice.”  His tone became more serious.  “But your actions are a little rash.  You let your emotions take over a lot.  I understand you get a lot of your strength from your anger, but try not to be so reckless.”  Sirco looked to the ground.  “You don’t understand.  I saw my entire village slaughtered.  I saw Crack Dog murder my parents and brother.  How could I be rational knowing that every demon is just like them?  I can’t let any more innocent lives be taken by bastards like them.”  Satoryu shook his head.  “That’s an all too common misconception.  Not all demons are bloodthirsty killing machines that want to butcher the men and [twin slasher] the women.  Some actually just want to live normal lives like the rest of us.  Trust me, I’ve met a lot of them.”  Sirco sighed, “I guess you’re right.  I can trust you.  I feel a sense from you that just makes me know that I can, for some reason.”  “A type of animalistic instinct,” Satoryu answered.  “It’s a common trait of your people.” 

He began hovering to the sky.  “What are you doing around here, anyway?”  Sirco looked up.  “I’m wandering from village to village, looking out for Crack Dog’s gang and any other demons.”  “That’s it?”  “Yeah.”  “Whatever floats your boat, I guess.  It is a pretty noble thing you’re doing.  Keep it up, but if a demon isn’t bothering anyone, maybe you shouldn’t jump into action right away.”  Sirco nodded, “I’ll do that, Satoryu.”   Satoryu was now forty feet in the air.  “Just call me Chris.  Satoryu is just a moniker the gods gave me.  It’s like an official title.  I hate formalities.  Anyway, I’ll keep in touch, Sirco,” he called down.  “See ya.”  He disappeared in a blink, leaving Sirco alone in the valley.

Sirco looked to the sky, pondering.  “Satoryu, the Connector of Worlds.  A holy warrior.  Hmm.”  He picked up his sword and headband.  “He was masking his true potential before.  He must’ve been sizing me up, seeing how strong I am.  But he’s so much more powerful than anything I’ve ever felt before.  Fighting at one hundred percent, I wouldn’t stand a chance.  I guess I should be thankful he’s friendly with me.”  He put his headband on and began walking north.  “He’s right that I shouldn’t blindly kill,” he thought.  “Really, I’m no better then Crack Dog that way.  Now I feel stupid.”  He stopped and looked behind him.  “I’m sure they’ll be safe for now.”  He continued walking north.  “But I can’t let up on Crack Dog for a second.  He has to be brought to justice.”

Satoryu returned to the cliff he was sitting on.  “I’m done here, Misty,” he said aloud.  Her voice rang in his head, “Good to hear, Chris.  Did you do anything interesting?”  Satoryu replied, “I met a guy named Sirco.  He’s an incredibly strong fighter.  He actually put up a good fight with me.”  “But you won, right?”  “Oh yeah.  I held back at first, let him get a few good hits in.”  Misty giggled.  “You can be a pretty big tease when fighting, you know that?”  Satoryu itched the tip of his nose.  “Not all the time,” he said playfully.  Misty held back her laughter.  “Just come on home now, Chris. Dinner’s waiting.”  “Alright, I’ll be there in a jiff.”  With that statement, Satoryu lifted off the ground and flew into the distance.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 01:06:00 AM
out of boredom, i did some Zero voicework. i dunno if Lucas' presence here is having an effect on me, but i don't think my impression is as good anymore. dunno why.

i should've had a picture to show here, but my scanner is busted.

Posted on: January 23, 2009, 23:35:59
While looking through some old drawings I did in high school, I came across one design I never really gave a story to. So I decided to remedy that. Here's the first page or so.

Berōsanshōuo

Chance, a small, young town in Okinawa. A prime selection of beaches, and very friendly residents. Sounds like a great vacation spot, doesn’t it? 

Well, not so much as of late.

The once peaceful beaches have been threatened by fire. Not wildfires or arson, mind you. This fire is blue. This fire does not burn trees, buildings, and the sort. It only burns human flesh. It even burns the bones, and leaves no ashes behind. Some say the victims’ souls are burned away as well. This fire also seems to target one person at a time, ignoring all others in its path. This fire has terrorized Chance since March, and made sporadic appearances for three months. Many residents evacuated. Those who didn’t moved closer to the seashore so in the event they were attacked, they can escape harm.

A month and a half had passed without an attack by the blue fire, the last appearance being in the beginning of June. Many believed the summer heat had driven it away. Most residents became far less fearful, almost to the point of forgetting about the blue fire altogether.

One person wasn’t like that. Her name was Kerrianne Joanna Prince, age 31. Everyone called her KJ. She moved from Oakland, California, to Chance on the day it was founded, and has lived there ever since. Her husband, a firefighter named Cho Kazetsubaki, died of influenza 2 years ago. She continued to raise their 5 year old son, Gojyo, on her own.

The day was July 15. There was no wind. There was no cloud cover. The temperature was the highest all season. Everyone in Chance was on the beach, relaxing the day away. KJ and Gojyo were no exceptions. KJ was lying down on a towel under a large red umbrella. She was wearing a lime green bikini and denim shorts cut very short. Her emerald green hair was tied back into a low braid that reached halfway down her back.

“Hey Mommy!” Gojyo’s voice rang from the distance. KJ sat up and looked out to the shore. Gojyo was running to her. He was wearing a black surfer’s bodysuit with red stripes on the sides. His blue hair was tied back in a very short ponytail.

“Did you have fun in the water?” KJ asked him with a smile.

“Yeah!” Gojyo replied with enthusiasm. “The waves were so big!” He spread his arms out to illustrate how big the waves were.

KJ “ooh”ed in response. “You must be tired from playing in those things, aren’t you?”

Gojyo shook his head. “I’m not tired. I’m just hungry.”

KJ stood up and brushed some sand off her behind. “I think Daisuke is barbequing right now.  Let’s go get something from him.”  Gojyo nodded and began running along the beach, laughing along the way. KJ chased after him, laughing as well.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:34:35 PM
You know, you should really post here more. You've got a good thing going.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 10:27:15 PM
thanks. i'm working on it.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:50:48 AM
Three days, and I STILL can't describe how I feel about your Lucas impersonation!

SERIOUSLY! I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING THAT COMES CLOSE!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 04:53:43 AM
well, i hope the news is good news...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 04:30:00 AM
Here's the next part of Berōsanshōuo:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A man in his late fifties was standing in front of a grill, a white apron covering his bronzed chest. He looked up to see Gojyo and KJ running towards him. “You two must be hungry!” he called to them.

“You bet, Mr. Daisuke!” Gojyo called as he reached the grill.

Daisuke was KJ’s longtime neighbor in Chance, running a small diner out of his own house. He was a great friend to KJ’s family, and also a bit of a father figure. Daisuke laughed heartily. “Well, lucky you. I have a couple hot dogs already ready for you and your mom. How’s about that?” He handed Gojyo a hot dog with various toppings on it.

Gojyo’s eyes lit up at the sight of it. “Thanks, Mr. Daisuke!” He took a big bite. “Mmm, it’s really good!” he exclaimed with food still in his mouth.

KJ patted Gojyo’s head. “You expected anything worse?” She turned to Daisuke. “You remember my usual, right?”

Daisuke laughed again. “Of course, KJ. Extra sauerkraut, hold the relish.” He handed KJ a hot dog to her liking.

“Oh, you know me too well,” KJ smiled as she took the hot dog. “I gotta say, it’s nice to see everyone having fun.”

“I hear you,” Daisuke replied. “And it’s even nicer to see you two out and about.”

“Eh. It’s just so hot today. We gotta enjoy ourselves a little bit. Hiding in fear of the blue fire won’t help us.”

Daisuke lowered his head. “Sounds like something Cho would’ve said.” Both Daisuke and KJ sighed softly. “It was two years last Monday, right?” he asked her.

“Yeah,” she solemnly replied. But she quickly cheered up. “That’s the other reason we’re out. I figured we should have enough fun for the three of us. We just can’t let our guard down.” KJ took a bite of her hot dog.

“Good,” Daisuke nodded. They both looked to Gojyo, who had finished his hot dog and was playing with some of the local children. Daisuke looked back to KJ. “You know, it’s still a miracle how the fire just went away last time. Like it gave up or something. You ever figure out how that happened?”

“If I knew, I would’ve told you a long time ago, Daisuke,” KJ replied. During the last attack by the blue fire, Gojyo was its target. The fire had trapped KJ and Gojyo within their house. However, as the fire went for the kill, it suddenly ceased its attack and disappeared.

Daisuke shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, I figured as much.” Their attention turned once again to the children, who were preparing to break open watermelons. Daisuke smiled. “Alright, now it’s a party! Let’s help the kids out.” KJ nodded with a giggle, and the two ran to help the children.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 01:57:56 AM
here's part 3:

The sun was beginning to set, and the sky started showing shades of orange and purple. Still, most everyone was still enjoying themselves on the beach. Gojyo, who was playing in the ocean once again, walked out of the tide. KJ, who was watching some young adults play volleyball, stood up when she noticed her son walking towards their house. “Gojyo!” she shouted as she jogged towards him. “Where are you going?”

“I gotta go to the bathroom,” Gojyo answered.

KJ was now next to her son. “Why didn’t you just go in the ocean?”

Gojyo shook his head. “It’s not pee, Mommy.”

KJ understood and nodded. “Oh. Of course. The door’s locked, you know. I’ll let you in.” The two walked further away from the ocean and crossed a street. On the opposite side were two small one-floor houses about twenty feet between each other. The structures of the two houses were the same, but their appearances couldn’t be any more different. The one on the left was Daisuke’s diner; it was painted sky blue on the outside, had some lighting fixtures across the rook, a sign that said “Dine at Daisuke’s” in front, and asphalt laid out for parking. On the right was KJ and Gojyo’s house; an ordinary brown, no bells or whistles, and a plain lawn of grass in front.

The two walked up to the front door of their house. KJ reached into her pocket, took out her house key, and used it to unlock the door. “Thanks, Mommy,” Gojyo said as he ran into the house towards the bathroom.

KJ stayed outside, resting her back on the open door. She looked at the sunset over the ocean. “Beautiful, isn’t it, Cho?” she thought to herself.

As she was about to smile, she heard screams coming from behind her. She ran to the side of her house and to the backyard. She saw a young couple running in her direction. The girl was a redhead, short, and very busty, wearing a skimpy white bikini. The boy was buff, had a deep tan, shaved brown hair, and wore a deep blue Speedo.

“Nao! Hiro!” KJ called to them. “What’s the matter?”

The couple stopped in front of her to catch their breath. “It’s...it’s...” Hiro panted.

“The blue...fire,” Nao stammered. “It’s back.”

KJ’s eyes widened. “Oh my god!” she exclaimed.

Hiro continued, “It’s headed in this direction. I don’t think it’s going after us, though.”

“Tell everyone on the beach to get in the water, quickly!” KJ cried urgently. Nao and Hiro nodded, then followed KJ’s order.

KJ looked in the direction Nao and Hiro came from to see blue flames very quickly approaching her house. “Gojyo!” KJ whispered to herself. She sprinted back to the front door and into the house. “Gojyo!” she shouted into the house.

Her son’s voice called from a hallway to the main room of the house. “What’s the matter Mommy? I heard screaming.”

“The blue fire’s back Gojyo! It’s coming this way!” KJ turned around quickly and saw the fire traveling across her front lawn towards her. It was only a few feet away. “Oh [parasitic bomb]!” she whispered in disbelief. She jolted into the house and pulled the front door shut.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 05:30:23 AM
She ran through her living room towards a hallway on her right. Gojyo met her outside the second doorway on the right. The two heard the crackling of fire approaching them. KJ tsked. “I didn’t think it would be able to crawl under the door that fast,” she thought. The two looked towards the living room to see the fire rapidly approaching them. They screamed in fear and began running further down the hallway. They entered the door at the very end of the hallway and quickly shut it behind them.

In contrast to the Western design of the rest of the house, this room was a more traditional Japanese design. Green tatami mats were placed on the floor instead of linoleum tiles. The normal concrete walls had paper walls in front of them. Futons were placed in the center of the room.

KJ and Gojyo ran to the far wall of the room, cowering on the floor while holding each other. They were panting with wide, fear stricken eyes. Gojyo began sobbing. In response, KJ held his head closer to her chest.

“I’m so scared, Mommy,” Gojyo cried.

“Me too, Gojyo,” KJ whispered back. “Just start praying it goes away like last time.” The last time the blue fire attacked, it was in that room that the fire suddenly disappeared. KJ was hoping the same thing would happen this time. She was watching the door, waiting for the fire to inevitably seep its way through the cracks.

When it did, it rushed towards them in a straight line. Still holding her son, KJ leaped to her left to avoid the fire. Not looking where she was going, she collided with a wooden cabinet, sending her head through its glass door. She and Gojyo fell to the ground, along with shards of glass and some of the contents of the cabinet. Cho was a collector of rare and decorative swords, which were kept in the now damaged cabinet. Most of the swords remained in place. Three katanas and their scabbards fell to the ground in front of KJ.

As Gojyo was about to ask if his mother was okay, he turned his head to see the blue fire had formed a wall around them. It remained in that position for some time. KJ lifted her body off the ground to see this as well. A small trickle of blood poured from the top of her head over the bridge of her nose. “What the?” she gasped.

“It’s just like last time,” Gojyo said through heavy breaths. “The swords fell back then, too.”

“But the fire’s not going away this time,” KJ interjected with worry.

The ring of fire slowly began to shrink. Gojyo screamed and clutched his mother again. KJ, eyes even wider than before, scooted back so that her back was touching the cabinet. As she did so, her foot touched the katana furthest to her right. It turned the blade into a portion of the fire wall. On contact, the portion of blue fire disappeared without a trace. The katana’s hilt pushed its red scabbard forward a couple inches. When it made contact with the fire, the fire drew back. KJ’s face morphed from horror to confusion as she forced out a “Huh?”

Gojyo looked at the result, then asked his mother, “What happened?”

“Stay put.” KJ slowly stood up. She nudged the katana with her foot, turning it in the opposite direction. It once again made contact with the blue fire, which once again vanished. Speechless, she slowly reached down and grabbed the sword. As she picked it up, she used the tip of the blade to push the scabbard into the fire once more. The fire drew back just as it did before. She swung the sword close to the ground, into the fire wall. A large portion of it disappeared as the sword sliced through it.

Gojyo looked on in disbelief. “Did...did you do that?”

“I think so,” KJ replied with uncertainty. The remaining portion of fire rose high above KJ and prepared to crash down on top of her. Frightened, she held the katana in front of her face to protect her. The fire fell onto the blade, disappearing into nothing, leaving KJ completely unharmed. She looked at the blade still in amazement, her reflection shining off its clean steel.

A small portion of fire remained in front of the scabbard. It began to rise into the air like before. Gojyo, his face now determined, dove to the scabbard. KJ turned to him in shock. “Gojyo, what are you...” she began as he grabbed the scabbard and held it in front of him. The fire began to rain down on top of him, but before it made contact, it repelled backwards and onto the floor. KJ took the opportunity and slashed at it with the katana. The last patch of blue fire had disappeared.

KJ and Gojyo fell to their knees, letting out large sighs of relief. Gojyo crawled to his mother and hugged her. “Mommy,” he sobbed into her chest.

She rubbed the back of his head. “It’s okay. It’s gone.” She once again looked to the sword in her left hand. “How in the world did this sword do that?” she thought aloud. “Same goes for its sheath. What in the world did you pick up, Cho?”

Footsteps pounded their way towards them. The door flew open, revealing a startled and nervous Daisuke. “Are you guys alright?” His tone changed to confusion as he noticed there was no trace of the blue fire. “Where did the fire go?”

KJ panted, “It disappeared again, Daisuke. And I finally have an answer for you as to how.”

Daisuke ran into the room and kneeled down before the mother and son. “Don’t worry about that now. Look, you’re bleeding. We gotta go patch you up.” KJ nodded in response. Daisuke put her right arm over his shoulder. He looked to Gojyo. “Are you hurt, Gojyo?”

“No,” Gojyo panted. “I’m alright.”

“That’s good news,” Daisuke replied. He then stood up along with KJ. KJ dropped the katana as Daisuke began leading her out of the room. Gojyo dropped the scabbard and began walking with them. He held his mother’s hand. KJ looked down to him and smiled through fatigue.

“That was some fast thinking there, Gojyo.”

“I don’t know how I thought to do it. Before I realized it, my body was acting on its own.”

“I could say the same for myself.”

Inside the cabinet, a small book tumbled onto the floor. It landed open to the eighth page. Written on it was the following:

オオサンショウウオ – ŌSANSHŌUO
Date bought: 17/11/03
Price: ¥111950
Near mint condition

The blade is said to have been forged using the flames of the giant salamander, imbuing it with the ability to nullify wildfires by merely touching them. After spending so much time sheathed, the scabbard itself is said to have inherited a similar property. Instead of eliminating fire, the scabbard is able to repel fire away from its wielder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's the last part. i normally don't ask this, but i would like to hear some feedback for this.

and for those curious, the title loosely means "Lick of the Giant Salamander."

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 05:57:33 AM
yay! i drew something!

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 05:59:54 AM
It's a very unique style, if you want to I think you should draw more.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:02:31 AM
Her sword is strapped to her wrist with a Camera Strap!  Awesome!  XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 10:29:47 PM
It's a very unique style,

really? i always thought i just drew generic anime with crappy anatomy and proportions.

Posted on: February 17, 2009, 07:10:53
i struck a deal with PB. i would draw a picture of PB and PBPB, but only if he colored it in. cause my coloring skills are just crap, and i fear i would ruin the original that way. he agreed. so here are the results of our labor.

first, my original B+W:

and the Sexcellent Crayola version:

even though the coloring was PB's job, it was my idea to make the stockings rainbow. and that's his fetish anyway. for all i know he might've made them rainbow even if i didn't mention it.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 02:29:42 AM
I see  darker spots in breast area. Well colored PB! 8D

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 05:54:32 AM
I see  darker spots in breast area. Well colored PB! 8D

Well her nipples are totally hard.  I mean, she's holding my hand after all!  8D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 05:42:36 AM
completely spur of the moment. i felt like drawing Sakura. so i did.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 01:37:52 AM
I never knew I could look so cartoony.  It looks pretty sweet.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 10:19:49 PM
drew this in class today cause i was bored.

it's a more human take on Guilty Gear's Justice. i was lucky enough to have both a black pen and a blue pen on me, so this picture is actually partially colored in.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:53 AM
it's been a long time since i did an actual One Man Show. so i'm happy to present a fandub of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, Story mode as Sol. with every voice done by me.

part 1
part 2
and part 3

i plan on doing a couple more of these. except them in a few months.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 02:41:59 AM
i can't be bumped back to the second page! i won't go back!

this is a mockup of Silhouette, one of Jericho's creations.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 02:59:13 AM
 Nice rendition, actually.
 But you need to work on faces and proportions.

Keep it up.