Personal Gaming Lexicons

Satoryu · 15425

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:17 PM
you know how gamers have their own sets of terms for things within games, right? stuff like "grinding", "spamming", "fireball motion", "bunny hop", "Ghetto jump", or "ISG (infinite sword glitch)".

well, do you and/or your friends have any of your own special terms you use in games?

i'll give you a ton of examples, spoilertagged below. these are all things me and my friends use while playing Smash Bros. Brawl.

[spoiler]- Luigi's side taunt and one of his victory poses is called The Dolphin.
- Luigi's side smash is The Poke.

- Peach is The [sonic slicer]. sometimes The Smug [sonic slicer].
- Peach's forward air is called Crowning.
- Peach's turnips are called Vagtables, cause guess where she's pulling them out of...
- when wearing her white costume, Peach is Wedding Peach.

- Bowser's forward B is Bowsercide when you kill someone with it.
- Bowser's up smash sounds like a very distorted PINGAS.

- DK's forward and up smashes are called The Clap.
- DK's Giant Punch is called the Donkey Punch.
- when wearing his white costume, DK is The Yeti.

- Yoshi's down B is Ring Pop, cause that's what it sounds like.

- Wario's up B is called the Wario Screw Attack, cause it functions just like a Screw Attack.
- the fart move is called a Poopeh. a fully charged one is a Full Poopeh.

- Zelda's side airmoves are called The Heel.
- her up air is usually accompanied by someone shouting Boom, so i guess you can call this Zelda Zelda Boom.
- Sheik's forward air is The Slap. we don't call it that anymore, cause it was so much better in Melee.

- Ganondorf is known as Dorf for short.
- his side B is Dorfcide if you kill with it.
- his forward air is The Big Black Hand.

- Toon Link is known as TL. that's pronounced "tull."

- After Samus uses her Final Smash, the parts of her armor left over are called Samus' Pieces.

- The computer controlled Ice Climber is known as a Guy. when that Climber dies, you say "Oh no. I lost my Guy."

- four of ROB's moves (up smash, nair, bair, dair) are Butt Blast.
- ROB's down B are dreadels. Happy Chanukah.

- Kirby's monochrome costume is called Mime Kirby.

- Meta Knight's down B is Zorg, cause that's what he says when he uses it.

- Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos are just called Dees and Doos.
- Dedede's up smash also sounds a bit like PINGAS.
- Dedede's up B is an onomatopoeia. it's called Hyup Boom.

- Olimar's Pikmin are called Ears. except the purple ones, which are Fatties.

- the three Starfox characters are Space Animals.
- Falco is also known as Farco, and Wolf is sometimes called Urf, cause Engrish is funny.
- Wolf's up smash is called Howwude, Uncle Jessie. cause Full House is the [parasitic bomb].

- Captain Falcon's forward air is The Knee.
- his forward smash is Turok.
- his up B goes by either Falcon [twin slasher] or just simply YES.

- Pikachu is The Rat. and that's said in the nastiest way possible.

- Lucario's standard B move is not only a blue balls joke, but it's also a one ball joke. so Lucario has One Blue Ball.

- whenever someone is hit with the tip of Marth's sword, they've been Tipped. the forward smash is a Big Tip.
- Marth's up B used to be called Twat. but he doesn't say that anymore.

- Ike is called Hurricane Ike.
- Ike's Counter is called Chocolate.

- Ness' back air is the Thunder Foot.
- Ness' yellow costume is Bumblebee Ness.
- his black costume is Hot Topic Ness.

- Lucas has been called Poocas on occasion.
- his forward smash is the Irish Walking Stick.
- his grab is the Trouser Snake.

- when Mr. Game and Watch's side B is 9, it's called simply 9.
- if you're hit by his forward smash, you've been Torched.
- releasing the contents of G+W's Bucket is Jizzing.
- spamming G+W's standard A move is called Pumping up the Pants.

- Snake's C4s are called Nows. if you are hit with a Now, you have been Nowed. if you hit yourself with a Now, you Nowed yourself.
- Snakes down smashes are called Laters.

- Ending (Yoshi's Story) is called Diego.

- Munchlax is Fatass.
- Latios and Latias are The Spanish Dudes.
- Barbara is called Boobra. have you seen how much sideboob she's got?[/spoiler]

that list may not be complete, believe it or not. i don't know if anyone has a list as extensive as that. but i'm just more curious if anyone does this sort of thing as well.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:01 PM

We call it a wangcake.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:41 PM
A friend of mine  and me thought of many fitting names for all the creatures in RE5.

We killed wobble-wobbles, blearghs, head-thingies, tongue dudes, big fat wobble-wobbles, fishy Irving and Wesker.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:36:05 PM
BP means backpack!

(Splinter Cell players are very efficient.)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:36:50 PM
Melee Peach's Grab+Forward at over 100% damage = B.Slap of Doom

Wedding Peach~ ^^

Snorlax with Curse, Rest + Wake up berry, and strongest attack = Curselax

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:43:08 PM
my friend as a kid had a naming system for the Foot Soldiers in TMNT Hyperstone Heist. they were given a name based on their color. most of these names were based on fruits. blue enemies were Blueberry, purple guys were Grape. the two exceptions were white and orange. the white ones were Marshmallow, and the orange ones were Cheese Doodles.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:47:20 PM
I think I mentioned that already, but MM classic games always had these really big enemies that did nothing but jump while going your direction. I named them... Big Jumper.

Because I am originality incarnate.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:26 PM
I have a bunch for a lot of different games, but since the easiest ones for me to remember are Smash ones:

Waltzing - The motion of quickly walking back and forward as Marth and gaining forward distance thanks to Brawl's "unique" physics engine. It's called this since it really does look like Marth waltzes across the screen.

Tipped/Tippered - Simple. Getting nailed under the best possible situations with either Marth's forward smash, a spike after an aerial wobbler, or receiving a neutral B in the Phantom Hitbox.

Wobbler - Movement where the player quickly and almost unnoticeably shifts their momentum back by a bit, most often used when trying to start a pivot attack or in the air to catch someone returning from off screen.

Pivot attack - While running in one direction, tap the other direction and as the character's turning around animation begins, shorthop then front air (which at this point turns into a back air). Fox, Marth & Lucas all become more dangerous with this technique.

Cape Glide - Running off the edge of a stage or platform as Mario then using the Forward B (Cape) and your forward momentum to launch yourself off towards the distance. Catching someone returning to the stage with the cape while doing this is referred to by my sillier friends as "Getting Superman'd" or "Bugs Bunny'd". XD

Phantom Hitbox - The absolute edge of an attack that is possible to connect with. Sparks fly when you've barely missed this. This is referred to as nicking.

"Super Metroid-ing" - Playing a ridiculously good Samus. Can also be referred to as Sakurai/Smash Breaking. XD

Then here's a quick SMB3 on for ya:

Singin' in the rain: Short jumping and running through an entire level at full speed.

Finally. YOU SO PRINGLES. WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT? XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:40:35 PM
Finally. YOU SO PRINGLES. WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT? XD

[tornado fang] the Knicks.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44:13 PM
[tornado fang] the Knicks.

This never gets old.

"[tornado fang] the Knicks... And Arcana Heart!"

"Oh, it's da Mango Sentinel!"

"Mag-fuckin-neto."

XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 04:20:51 AM
This never gets old.

"[tornado fang] the Knicks... And Arcana Heart!"

"Oh, it's da Mango Sentinel!"

"Mag-fuckin-neto."

XD

You forgot....

"TWO SCOOPS! HAGEN DAS!"

"MAKE IT RAIN!"

"DROP AND GIMME 40!"

...and of course...

"IT'S MAHVEL, BABY!!!" 

I love Yipes. Watch the new vid, if you haven't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ga9Jvdw9U

"WELCOME TO THE USA, [shadow runner]!" 8)

I swear, for the port of MvC2 coming up, Capcom should just hire Yipes to do the audio commentary. Millions of copies would be sold, as a result!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 04:56:21 AM
it'd be better than the game's OST.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 04:59:22 AM
GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 05:38:46 AM
when i played melee w/my friends did the bowser [twin slasher] grab an opponent and do down grab attack

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 06:30:14 AM
I swear, for the port of MvC2 coming up, Capcom should just hire Yipes to do the audio commentary. Millions of copies would be sold, as a result!

Without a [tornado fang]ing doubt!  It's Thugnificent!  XD

Okay, lets see.  PB's Personal Gaming Lexicons..

I'll start with Brawl...

-I'll start with the one Jelly knows OH SO WELL.  Captain Falcon's FS is known as the BFF, or Blue Falcon to the FACE! 
-Both Link & Toon Link's FS is not just known as the Triforce Slash, but it's known as the DBZ Style "TRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFOOOOORRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE.......SLASH!" which MUST be yelled
-Zelda's kick is the Z-BOOT, which MUST be yelled when it kills someone!
-Ganondorf sword taunt is known as the ASS SWORD, which MUST be yelled every time it's pulled out!
-Sonic's victory theme is the DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, which MUST be yelled at the appropriate time, followed by a thumbs up!
-Fox's Fox Fire is referred to as the Kaioken Attack. Yelling this is optional!
-Lucario's Aura Storm is the KAMEHAMEHA, which MUST be yelled!

That should do it for Brawl, unless I think of more later.  Next, Mario Kart...

-(MK64) Banshee Boardwalk is MY LEVEL, because I never lose on it.
-(MK64) On Wario Stadium, there's a maneuver when a person who is about to jump over the pit gets shrunk by lightning, and he intentionally gets in your way so that when you hit him at the top, it causes both of you to fall, thereby costing you the race, even if you didn't use the lightning.  This is known as a Mendez! Yelling out this name is not necessary, but will most likely come out anyway.
-(SMK & MK64) Green Shells are Ricochets
-(MKW) Lightning Cloud is and will always be called CLOUD AIDS or [tornado fang]ing CLOUD AIDS!

That's about it for Mario Kart.  Onto Halo 3. Only one thing to mention here.  It's called JEEP ACTION.

Now, you may think JEEP ACTION simply refers to the process of jumping in a Warthog with your friend and driving around killing people.  But there's so much more to it.  First off, your friend operating the gun turret has to yell random things at the person he's firing at.  Mind you, nothing racist or anything like that, but such comments like, "Come on out [insert name here]," "OHHHH, YOU [tornado fang]ing SUCK [insert name here]," or "Look at this dumb bastard!" should be yelled (I really don't do my friend justice.  It's really an art for him.)  Second, the person driving must constantly honk the horn, to let the poor bastards know that death is coming for them, in Jeep form, and there's little they can do to [tornado fang]ing stop it.  While the horn is being honk, after your friend kills someone, a celebratory, "HONK THAT HORN, GREGGIE! [insert your name here]!" is customary.  All these factors are necessary to experience the unbridled joy and fun of JEEP ACTION!

More to come...

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 12:21:46 PM
-Sonic's victory theme is the DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, which MUST be yelled at the appropriate time, followed by a thumbs up!

I press A button to skip the win screen on each DUN. XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 06:35:12 PM
I don't really have any specific lexicons/lexicon entries that aren't already widely known by the gaming communities. I do make a difference between a newbie (a completely new player of a game that has no idea what to do), a rookie (a completely new player that, because of past games, can find his way around relatively easily) and a n00b (a newbie with the Idiot stat skyrocketed to outer-atmospheric levels).

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 08:54:52 PM
*nasly and annoying* NOW I'LL SHOW YOU *repeat 3 times* AW DAMMIT!

A friend of mine and I were watching a Brawl video by Protonjon and his fight with Sonic VS Dedede and annoying Azura with Sonic's little taunt.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 04:21:56 AM
One more thing for the "Marvel" dialogue from yesterday.

Got this from GAF. Probably the best use of deviantart, in my eyes.  8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 04:49:59 AM
Huh, I may have to update this one seeings how I don't often think of my own gaming terms.  But I have a few:

General gaming:
Sharking - Hacking into a game using an Action Replay, other such "game enhancers", or save editors.

Shark-bait - Games which are EXTREMELY tempting to hack on account of certain items, tactics, or unlock requirements being insane/unrealistic/excessively meaningless time-killing.[spoiler=Examples]-Mew, and other "event-only" Pokemon back before we had Wifi.
-For that matter, pretty much the entire IV/EV system post-3rd-gen Pokemon.
-1-star ranking 150cc on Mario Kart Wii.  I got a perfect score and the game still letter-graded me [tornado fang]ing B.
-Red rings in Sonic Colors.  Being the ONLY game to feature Super Sonic in 3D stages, it is the ultimate gaming cocktease.
-Pretty much every Alatreon body break in Monster Hunter Tri, should your choice of weapon be anything other than a bowgun.  Webbing alone is hell; I don't see how anyone after a Skypiercer keeps from destroying the totality of existence.[/spoiler]

Rhythm Impaired Gamer - People who jump in Godzilla Unleashed when they were trying to grab a building.  Honestly, folks, if you can't shake the remote and nunchuck at the same time, train yourself on Raving Rabbids before you even TOUCH any other motion-control game, because that's just pitiful.  Yes, "professional reviewers", I'm talking to you.

'man, plural: 'mans - Pokemon, derived from that "Let me show you" meme.

Dragonite power! - My typical Pokemon battle cry, testament to my favorite 'man, who I absolutely refuse to build a team without.

Barfos - Those SMB3/NSMBWii critters that hock up a spiked ball before throwing it at you.

Pogo-Stick Cyclops - Big Eye (MM1).  I refuse to dignify that monstrosity by using its proper name.

Mega Man X: The Lost Levels - Fastest way for me to summarize Mega Man X6 (and a good way to get an idea of whether you will or will not enjoy it).  X6 and SMB2(J) are highly comparable in terms of their presentation, their use of old resources, their lack of involvement from their respective figurehead series developer, their difficulty, their fairness, and their general uniqueness compared to other games of the series.  Had X6 been withheld from the U.S. on the grounds of being too difficult, I'm sure more people would have loved it.

As useless as Bubble Man - One who suffers an incredibly stupid and/or embarrassing death/loss, to the point where they clearly posed no threat to their opponent whatsoever.  May refer either to myself or others, but especially to easy boss fights, ie: Spark Mandrill.
(thank Duane and Brando for that one)

The collapse of Mario Kart 7 society - Maka Wuhu.

Glug! Glug! Glug! Glug! Glug! Glug! - You know that fingery thing that they do in the Super Mario Bros. movie?  Victory celebration for my brother and me whenever we destroy the Death Star in Star Wars Rebel Strike.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl specific:
-Yoshi's Final Smash absolutely requires yelling, "SUPER DRAGON POWER!"
"Failure To Land Fish Screwed" - What happens to Akamaru when he attempts to charge an Aura Sphere at the edge of The Summit while I'm jumping around, and the single reason above all else that I wish my "?! I still hungry!" taunt would show up on Replays.
Stress Relief - Bob-ombs only, Very High items, 99 Stock, 300% damage.
Terrain-Impaired Brawler -  People who, because they constantly whore Final Destination, get utterly dismantled in Yoshi's Island Melee, even without items, due to their complete inability to fight on a slope.  Core skills my ass.

Melee Peach's Grab+Forward at over 100% damage = B.Slap of Doom
Gotta object to that one.  The true Bitchslap of Doom is Daisy vs. Bowser in Mario Party 3.

See here at 1:40 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDbr-HDuVA

Wedding Peach~ ^^
You have your Wedding Peach, I have mine.

Enjoy, PB.  =P

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:55:32 PM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 04:54:33 AM
Did someone say Zerg Rush? I'm too lazy to read this whole thread.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 05:06:05 AM

Yay, Super Mario Adventures~ ^^

By the way, she's mine!

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 05:08:21 AM
Peach was so hot in that comic.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 05:09:22 AM
then i'm keeping Peach in Weegee's clothes.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 AM
Peach was so hot in that comic.

Totally.  I don't know why she wasn't turned on my Bowser's rap!