Can't let you do that, Dylan Cuthbert!

HyperSonicEXE · 10407

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 08:08:02 AM
They need to focus more on StarTropic 3 anyway!   8D

Well, hey, that'd be on point....too bad the team that actually made such games doesn't technically "exist" any more.  -u-'

R&D3/IRD was the team that technically was responsible for both Punch Out and StarTropics. But now, they're primarily focused on the hardware aspect and design.

More than likely...if a ST3 is EVER going to be made, it'll be probably be from some outsider who hopefully will be up to the task, like with Punch-Out Wii.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 08:11:55 AM
More than likely...if a ST3 is EVER going to be made, it'll be probably be from some outsider who hopefully will be up to the task, like with Punch-Out Wii.

With the way Punch-Out Wii is looking, I don't really see that as a bad thing!   8)

Also, they need to make Metroid Prime 4: The Voyage Home, in which Samus has to travel back in time to save an extinct species of Humpback Metroids in order to satisfy the sick desires of an alien probe!  Abyss Ridley waits in the deep for YOU!  [eyebrow]

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 08:16:01 AM
Just as long as Metroid Prime 5 isn't about Samus going to the center of the universe where she finds "God", who happens to need a spaceship  8D

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 08:17:47 AM
With the way Punch-Out Wii is looking, I don't really see that as a bad thing!   8)

While I'm liking PO Wii, too, I'm willing to wait until the product is in our hands, before being willing to give the team free license for other games.

But if they deliver, then hell, StarTropics, StarFox.......Murasame-jo? Any of them could be next in line for Next Level games...  ;)

Also, they need to make Metroid Prime 4: The Voyage Home, in which Samus has to travel back in time to save an extinct species of Humpback Metroids in order to satisfy the sick desires of an alien probe!  Abyss Ridley waits in the deep for YOU!  [eyebrow]

XD

R&D/EAD NEEDS some one like you on their team. We'd have so much more sexcellent games that way...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 08:46:17 AM
Just as long as Metroid Prime 5 isn't about Samus going to the center of the universe where she finds "God", who happens to need a spaceship  8D

But then we'd get a Metroid Prime 6 in which the Space Pirates quote Shakespeare!   8)

While I'm liking PO Wii, too, I'm willing to wait until the product is in our hands, before being willing to give the team free license for other games.

But if they deliver, then hell, StarTropics, StarFox.......Murasame-jo? Any of them could be next in line for Next Level games...  ;)

Oh Ben.  Where's your blind optimism towards a game that you and I both know is going to be a TKO (Total Knockout Orgasm)?

XD

R&D/EAD NEEDS some one like you on their team. We'd have so much more sexcellent games that way...

I know, right!

Finally, we'd get The Legend of Zelda: Quantum Eclipse, in which Link is summoned into the future by Cyber Zelda, Galactic Empress of the Moon Kingdom, to defend Lunar Hyrule by duel wielding the combined might of the Master Sword & the Quantum Saber and command the forces of Time & Space to stop the evil power of Anti-Matter Ganon.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 08:51:41 AM
But then we'd get a Metroid Prime 6 in which the Space Pirates quote Shakespeare!   8)

For some reason, I could always imagine some one like Ridley donning a monacle, and quoting Shakespeare. Don't ask me why...  8D

Oh Ben.  Where's your blind optimism towards a game that you and I both know is going to be a TKO (Total Knockout Orgasm)?

I'm only reserved, because of the notion that, more and more, I can't let my "feelings betray me". That's what Palpatine...errr....companies like Sega, Capcom and Nintendo all prey on!

I know, right!

Finally, we'd get The Legend of Zelda: Quantum Eclipse, in which Link is summoned into the future by Cyber Zelda, Galactic Empress of the Moon Kingdom, to defend Lunar Hyrule by duel wielding the combined might of the Master Sword & the Quantum Saber and command the forces of Time & Space to stop the evil power of Anti-Matter Ganon.

Needs a Super Sentai(Power Rangers) like team of Space Sheikahs and Gerudo, for great justice.  :)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:23 AM
For some reason, I could always imagine some one like Ridley donning a monacle, and quoting Shakespeare. Don't ask me why...  8D

CRY HAVOOCCCCC!   8)

I'm only reserved, because of the notion that, more and more, I can't let my "feelings betray me". That's what Palpatine...errr....companies like Sega, Capcom and Nintendo all prey on!

Disco Kid, Ben!  Disco Kid!  LoL, that's all I have to say on that matter!   8D

Needs a Super Sentai(Power Rangers) like team of Space Sheikahs and Gerudo, for great justice.  :)

But of course.  One of the Weapons you'll receive is the Desert Ninja Megazord!   0v0

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 09:07:38 AM
I really should look at Punch-Out!! Wii. Too busy enjoying my DSi, though. </dsi>

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 12:54:17 PM
Eh, Dylan's still butthurt about Star Fox 2. It's why Command is what it is; he wanted to use as much from SF2 as possible. Look at how that turned out. The one thing I do agree with is taking Fox out of the Arwing being a horrible, horrible idea though.

As far as Cuthbert not being involved in SF64... I'll just point out that all SF64 is is a blending of the first Star Fox along with gameplay elements of Star Fox 2. Hell, I'm willing to say that the very reasons SF64 is liked as much as it is come from his work in SF2. That said, he's obviously lost his touch, probably due to being butthurt by SF2's unreleased condition. He wants to protect his baby, but can't, so he's edgy on the whole topic of Star Fox.

I liked Adventures, because I took it as a spinoff of the regular series. Now, as for Assault... the Arwing segments are awesome, the rest not so much. Command... look. The issue is the free 3D movement. Star Fox feels so much better as a linear action game with some free roaming segments as Boss Stages to make them special. When they're used all the time (eg. Assault and Command) then they're tiresome and dull. If I want to play free-roaming 3D segments, I'll go play another series that does it better. For Star Fox, give me my damn linear corridor gameplay.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 01:04:09 PM
That's exactly what I thought about Assault.
The Arwing missions were great, the rest not.

Starfox is kinda becoming Nintendo's Sonic.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 01:39:27 PM
Starfox is kinda becoming Nintendo's Sonic.

It is, unfortunately. It's born of the same thing too.

Sonic Devs: "Oh, the fans like speed! Let's put all our focus into that!"
Star Fox Devs: "Oh, the fans like All-Range Mode! Let's put all our focus into that!"

See, they see what the fans like, but they fail to comprehend why they like it, and to what extent.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 01:50:57 PM
Star Fox Wii would work extremely well. That creator guy doesn't know what he's talking about. (Okay, not exactly convincing, but you know...)

On-foot missions should die a horrible death, though. It's funny that the mode where you have less control turns out a lot more fun.

Also, I'm sure Kamiya is more upset about getting the shaft in DMC2 than anything... he doesn't mean DMC3 and 4 are bad games, at least not if he's sane. And note that he is now DMC's competitor, so pointing fingers at Capcom in every opportunity is expected, if douchey.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 05:49:57 PM
As an unexpected turn of events if SF ever appears in a SRW like Sega's Vurtual ON, it's gonna be akward having Kira scream at as Panther is saying "Hey You! You Suck! *fires missile*".

Though, there are some things that are going to sound hilariously stupid, or just stupid overall. Nintendo, do your own work, like the hard-working team of Inti Creates! In fact, loan the SF franchise to them, and they can bring SF back into it's roots~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 05:50:46 PM
As an unexpected turn of events if SF ever appears in a SRW like Sega's Vurtual ON, it's gonna be akward having Kira scream at as Panther is saying "Hey You! You Suck! *fires missile*".

Though, there are some things that are going to sound hilariously stupid, or just stupid overall. Nintendo, do your own work, like the hard-working team of Inti Creates! In fact, loan the SF franchise to them, and they can bring SF back into it's roots~

Excuse me wut? I mind my think blown was.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 05:52:51 PM
Excuse me wut? I mind my think blown was.

I was trying to say that if the guys who make SF can't do it, they should lend the franchise to a superior company. >>

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 05:54:28 PM
Yeah, I didn't get the first half of that post, either.

As far as IntiCreates goes, though, NO. The art direction and dialogue will be horribly unfit for the Star Fox franchise. Not even Treasure could get the dialogue right.

No, I'm afraid Nintendo's really the only company that can make another game as good as Star Fox or Starfox 64 were.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 05:56:58 PM
Pretty much, the whole company of Nintendo themselves needs to get off their lazy-asses and make thier own game for once? That sums it up that they can't lend thier franchises to various 2nd parties forever.

And for a quick edit, the meaning behind the first thing is (well, was) to feature Star Fox in a possible future Super Robot Wars game.>>

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 06:02:25 PM
Vixy Facts: Star Fox 64, Star Fox Assault and Star Fox Command were the only Japanese-voiced games in Japan.
The rest were either "spoken" in English or had the same sound effects played world-wide (SNES, etc).
This has to do with what companies were behind the making of the games. ^^

If you wanna know...
Fox in Star Fox 64 is Carne from One Piece (Shinobu Satouchi).
Fox in Star Fox Assault is Vent from Rockman ZX Advent (Kenji Nojima).
Falco in both games is Tretista Kelverian from Rockman Zero 3 (Hisao Egawa).

Off-Topic:
Yuuto Kazama plays both Girouette from ZX series, and Zero from Zero series.
Sanae Kobayashi plays both Vent's and Aile's voice in the first Rockman ZX. 8D

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~