Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261941

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Is it possible to draw a 3D object proper with the given tools?

Technically no. x.x

You draw a flat 2D object. Everything is drawn on the touch screen.
There is also a round ball option you can add so the flat object turns into a 3D ball that bounce around (if you fill the whole screen with color).

You have 3 size pencils, 3 size erasers, 18 colors, 10 different stamps with sound effects and 6 special effects (fire, flowers, and other things).

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Aw...

Posted on: 2011-03-04, 16:33:07
It's got racoon Mario because it's Super Mario 3DS.

oh nintendo

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I hope the 3DS gets some kind of attachment that lets you output to your TV; maybe they could make it so that you could choose to output only one screen or both.  It'd be nice for recording purposes.

Quote from: Press release from Nintendo
This summer, Nintendo 3DS will incorporate Netflix functionality. Netflix members who have an unlimited plan starting at $7.99 a month can access a broadband wireless Internet connection and instantly stream movies and TV shows directly to their Nintendo 3DS systems, similar to how the service is used on the Wii console. This means people can start watching a movie via Netflix on their Wii systems at home and then pick up the same movie later from a different location using their Nintendo 3DS systems.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That's great for Netflix movies.

But doesn't answer any questions about TV-Out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Forgive me if I'm late on saying this, I'm pretty sure it's a brand new Mario game. Miyamoto himself said on a recent episode of Iwata Asks that he was working on a new Super Mario Bros. game for 3DS. Therefore, the screens seen there are most likely from that new game.

Source, if anyone's curious.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Miyamoto himself said on a recent episode of Iwata Asks that he was working on a new Super Mario Bros. game for 3DS.
new Super Mario Brothers, or new NEW Super Mario Brothers? :P

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Vixy has me unable to think of anything but a 3D Hammer Suit since that last page.  God, I hope so... >w<

But they already announced 3D How to Train Your Dragon for the system didn't they?
Announced?  No.  It was one of their demos to show the 3D-movie capabilities back when the system was first unveiled.  Netflix is the only movie provider that was "announced" for the 3DS, and they haven't confirmed if they'll be providing 3D movies or not.

Speaking of dragons~ Guess who I drew~
0v0  Mech Dragon!  Awesome, Vix!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
You can add my Mii to your 3DS if you use the QR Code feature in the Mii Maker and aim the 3D cameras at the code.

(click)

I dunno if it will work on English systems tho. x.x

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Can you make Mii's on the 3DiiS?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Definitely, there's even a whole function that automatically makes a Mii out of a photo.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Does it still have the same catchy Mii Music Menu?

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
You can add my Mii to your 3DS if you use the QR Code feature in the Mii Maker and aim the 3D cameras at the code.

(click)

I dunno if it will work on English systems tho. x.x

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Night: judging by that logo on the previous page, I'm guessing a new Super Mario Bros game.

But it could be renamed to include the uppercase New.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
No, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be NSMB considering the screenshots show a Mario 64-style gameplay field.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Now you're playing with (double battery) power! (Cubed3)

Thoughts?

I love it!

Would have been nice if they designed it to fit in the Nintendo Dock.
I don't like the contacts and it seems it doesn't lock into place.

The probably could have saved some production cost forming it to fit in the 3DS Dock and just using a cord.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
They have the 3DS here at PAX East, with OoT & Kid Icarus demos. My FIRST stop tomorrow.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
They have the 3DS here at PAX East, with OoT & Kid Icarus demos. My FIRST stop tomorrow.

Cool. Let us know how it goes! (ESPECIALLY Kid Icarus)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
They have the 3DS here, with OoT & Kid Icarus demos.

Same here, but on Tuesday and someplace else~ >U<

I can't wait to play both of them nya~ <3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Was able to play around a bit with it the other day at a local event. Analog feels a bit weird at first, but you get used to it. Graphics look smooth. 3D effect feels honestly like a gimmick, I'll be playing it without it. I'm looking forward to see what they do with the graphics engine, really.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Was able to play around a bit with it the other day at a local event. Analog feels a bit weird at first, but you get used to it. Graphics look smooth. 3D effect feels honestly like a gimmick, I'll be playing it without it. I'm looking forward to see what they do with the graphics engine, really.

I wish i was able to go to one of these events. Maybe i shou--

SUPERBAT?! Where have you BEEN? And there's no way in hell that anyone is calling you by your current full name, this time. 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I wish i was able to go to one of these events. Maybe i shou--

SUPERBAT?! Where have you BEEN? And there's no way in hell that anyone is calling you by your current full name, this time. 8D
Oh daaaarling, I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere.

Anyway, planning on getting a 3DS, not at launch, seeing as the lineup doesn't interest me in the slight bit, but I'm getting the earliest model possible, to facilitate Homebrew. I can't wait to see how it works. 3D Homebrew? God damn the thought makes me moist.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Still waiting for a 3DS XL.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Now you're playing with (double battery) power! (Cubed3)

Thoughts?
Nyko's been good with well-thought-out peripheral concepts, IMHO, but I wonder.  $50 extra for double battery and a dock that actually fits it? :\  Unfortunate.  I'm going to see how the 3DS's battery flies with me before investing, that's for sure.  I got used to my PSP, but then I don't take it out of the house often due to lacking a case.

Minor point, but I'm glad somebody actually took a moment to address 3DS backwards compatibility controls, from engadget:
"...if you prefer you can now use the analog stick in classic DS games -- without the use of its analogue sensitivity, naturally."

Many thanks.  As a matter of comfort I prefer to keep my thumbs high for primary control.  Though, using an analogue stick as a "joystick" for a game whose primary drawback is lack of analogue control (Super Mario 64 DS), will probably feel a bit weird.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Nyko's been good with well-thought-out peripheral concepts, IMHO, but I wonder.  $50 extra for double battery and a dock that actually fits it? :\  Unfortunate.  I'm going to see how the 3DS's battery flies with me before investing, that's for sure.  I got used to my PSP, but then I don't take it out of the house often due to lacking a case.

Minor point, but I'm glad somebody actually took a moment to address 3DS backwards compatibility controls, from engadget:
"...if you prefer you can now use the analog stick in classic DS games -- without the use of its analogue sensitivity, naturally."

Many thanks.  As a matter of comfort I prefer to keep my thumbs high for primary control.  Though, using an analogue stick as a "joystick" for a game whose primary drawback is lack of analogue control (Super Mario 64 DS), will probably feel a bit weird.

If the battery hooks directly to the 3DS's battery slot thingy, then I assume the 3DS's charging port would work to charge it. The Voltage isn't any different, just the mAh