Mega Man X: Corrupted (flash fangame)

JKB Games · 572487

Offline RockEsper

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1500 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:47 PM
but why would it have to be like that? X3 didnt do that, and the Ride armor system here seems pretty much just like X3's.
For one thing, X3's ride armor system was a bit flawed in that you'd pretty much never use certain ride armors once you got the best one for you. The other problem was that it was a bit underutilized, as I feel there weren't enough opportunities to utilize them.

It seems JKB is making ride armor spawners somewhat more abundant. So the balance to getting to use them more often is by having higher risk to taking them out and having them get trashed. And obviously, you'll then be forced to switch up what ride armor you're gonna use next time you're at spawner. This solves both aforementioned flaws.

However this is just my viewpoint. Maybe JKB's got different reasons.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1501 on: March 01, 2012, 05:14:12 AM
but why would it have to be like that? X3 didnt do that, and the Ride armor system here seems pretty much just like X3's.
Why does it need to be the same? Do you think that was the best way to implement them?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1502 on: March 01, 2012, 05:24:56 AM
I dunno, i'm just sayin'. They way you've shown it so far looks pretty similar.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1503 on: March 03, 2012, 07:15:35 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1rqIcHndo[/youtube]
This time I had my cousin play as Black Zero.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1504 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:44 AM
And here comes Zero.
You changed some things on the layout and personally I find it much better now. Nice job!

Your cousin had way more experience with the game or with side scrolling games in generall, hasnt he?
But never the less a nice example how a unfamiliar player would play the game :)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1505 on: March 05, 2012, 01:18:49 AM
Oh hey, theres Heat Haze! (and the TvC/MvC3 version of Sougenmu)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1506 on: March 05, 2012, 03:18:44 AM
Infinite Dash?  <3

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1507 on: March 05, 2012, 05:09:56 AM
A few things I like to say...

Awesome video of the Black Zero gameplay, I like how your cousin started off like a new unexperience player to MMX or platformer games in the video and then suddenly better near the middle to end. By the way what was that move that Zero used? The one where he made red Afterimage of himself and seem to attack twice as fast? An overdrive ability exclusive to Black Armor Zero or a skill Zero gets later on?

What are the abilities of Black and Viral Armor Zero again?

Also how many sprites frames do you have for each enemy and the heroes for the attacks and movements? I like the smooth and fluid movement of the characters... especially Zero's counterattack vanish slash move (forgot the name, I remember in your early videos Zero can spam that move and teleport back and forth on an enemy until it was destroyed of the energy ran out). Also what's the speed of the energy recharge rate? It seems like one second seems to restore 2 - 4 bars of energy for their attacks, give or take and what's the starting level and max level of the energy gauge? Can you increase it like your character's health?

Also I've taken a look at the Load Game screen, and don't recall anyone mentioning it on these boards, but what are those two empty boxes next to X/Zero? The one that says "Empty
Slot" and that 9 Block Box with the white center... what are those for?

And I like how you have the Save/Load Game screen setup with a picture of X/Zero with their current level and their current Armor equipped (like Ultimate X and Body only Phoenix X, and Black Zero) with display of their Lives (do you have a Zero Life Icon yet? It's strange for Zero to share the same Life Icon as X), their Heart/Life Ups gotten, Sub Tanks obtained, Ride Armors acquired, and lastly the last spot setup with the Time you've played, completion rate, and Hunter Rank which I believe is the Difficulty level you mentioned right? Looks really great!

And the last thing I like to ask, how much coding was involved with setting up the enemy AI like that... damn, don't know what to call it... pincer robot around 1:20 in the video with its attack patterns and using the blocks to its advantage, and the standard enemies like the bats. Are there specific Enemy scripts tied to a main Enemy script to handle enemy AI, movement, etcetera of the like?

It's awesome how much work you put into this one game alone! And I can't wait to try it out! 8)

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1508 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:58 AM
Awesome video of the Black Zero gameplay, I like how your cousin started off like a new unexperience player to MMX or platformer games in the video and then suddenly better near the middle to end. By the way what was that move that Zero used? The one where he made red Afterimage of himself and seem to attack twice as fast? An overdrive ability exclusive to Black Armor Zero or a skill Zero gets later on?
It's the skill that he gets from N. Mosquito. Each shadow does damage.

What are the abilities of Black and Viral Armor Zero again?
You can find that on the video descriptions.

Can you increase it like your character's health?
There are a couple upgrades to increase saber energy.

Also I've taken a look at the Load Game screen, and don't recall anyone mentioning it on these boards, but what are those two empty boxes next to X/Zero? The one that says "Empty
Slot" and that 9 Block Box with the white center... what are those for?
Empty Slot will have a picture of the area you saved and the 9 square will show the bosses you defeated.

And the last thing I like to ask, how much coding was involved with setting up the enemy AI like that... damn, don't know what to call it... pincer robot around 1:20 in the video with its attack patterns and using the blocks to its advantage, and the standard enemies like the bats. Are there specific Enemy scripts tied to a main Enemy script to handle enemy AI, movement, etcetera of the like?
Around a week, bat is like 15 minutes, then a little more as I introduced new mechanics and weapons for enemies to react to.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1509 on: March 05, 2012, 09:14:06 AM
It's the skill that he gets from N. Mosquito. Each shadow does damage.

I see, that's interesting. Good way to cover your rear.

You can find that on the video descriptions.

Read it... so that's Black Zero specs. Interesting, and I'm liking it!
Black Zero Specs:
Unlimited Dash length;
Can turn around while dashing;
Shock Buffer (Faster Hit Recovery);
Have access to past skills:
X4 - Raijingeki, Tenkuuha (stronger shot eraser)
X5 - Crescent-Sword, F-Splasher, E-Blade, C-Flasher

You don't mind me posting the specs from your video description?

There are a couple upgrades to increase saber energy.

Cool! Good to know!

Empty Slot will have a picture of the area you saved and the 9 square will show the bosses you defeated.

Ah! So that's what that's for! I'm guessing your focuses your time on the gameplay physics before you add in the last few details to the Save/Load screen, right? Looking really good and well-thought out!

Around a week, bat is like 15 minutes, then a little more as I introduced new mechanics and weapons for enemies to react to.

So it takes around a week to code in new code or scripts for ALL the enemies? :/
Normal enemies like Bats take about 15 minutes to go through the code reviewing it, then updating it, then testing it to make sure nothing breaks the game or causes the enemy to do something they're not suppose to do and see if the code correctly.

Is this ALL handle in one Enemy script or several Enemy scripts focuses on each Enemy type? I'm going with the latter as having ONE HUGE list of code for all enemies so WAY to much to handle and organize without going insane or getting confused where you want to tweak.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Raijin

• Cyberelf
  • What?
    • View Profile
Reply #1510 on: March 05, 2012, 10:38:09 PM
I have an interesting idea. What do you think of making the Warp Vortex pull X towards it a little? Similar to the way Bytes gravity mechanism that he would throw at the walls in X3. I can imagine a mechanic like that being really useful and fun to toy around with for sure.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1511 on: March 05, 2012, 11:11:44 PM
inb4 someone figures out a pixel-perfect way to slingshot around it to the moon

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1512 on: March 06, 2012, 09:05:33 PM
Since someone asked about this a few days ago, I figured I would post a small update on the save state.

Mini mugshots made by Chibisaw.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1513 on: March 07, 2012, 08:32:09 AM
Since someone asked about this a few days ago, I figured I would post a small update on the save state.

Mini mugshots made by Chibisaw.

That's cool! So does the Boss icon turn gray when you defeat them to show your progress? Can't wait to see when the Save Map picture is added in.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1514 on: March 07, 2012, 08:42:00 AM
I think it does, since Warefare Milodon's icon is grayed out.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1515 on: March 08, 2012, 05:52:20 AM
^Ah, you're right! I see it.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1516 on: March 20, 2012, 08:11:33 PM
Can Zero resist his true self?

Sorry for bad quality but there are a lot of stealing mofos out there.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1517 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:18 PM
It's even harder to steal from video. HINT HINT

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1518 on: March 20, 2012, 09:07:17 PM

Zero's true self?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1519 on: March 20, 2012, 09:12:30 PM

Does this mean we'll hear something like this?:
[youtube]YhhXRZo1c0k[/youtube]

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1520 on: March 21, 2012, 05:05:02 AM

This is from your fangame, right? Pretty wicked stage!

I don't mind the low quality, though I do wonder how people make those awesome background images. I know it's layers, but for some pretty cool effect scrolling background I wonder the size and length of the background sprite has to be. Trial and Error!

And I'm taken it as that's a screenshot from the final stages of the game? So much foreboding in that one line you said!

Offline RockEsper

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1521 on: March 23, 2012, 01:22:30 AM
Could it be his true self is attempting to... CORRUPT HIM??

Offline Chivelfeyr

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1522 on: March 23, 2012, 02:39:47 PM
That shot looks like it could be from Warp Vulpex's area. But, I won't swear to that since the game is still being worked on.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1523 on: April 08, 2012, 08:30:15 PM
[youtube]wWSgze_kQuU[/youtube]
Intro stage theme got an update. This is good!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1524 on: April 08, 2012, 08:38:49 PM
Yes it is!