Mega Man X: Corrupted (flash fangame)

JKB Games · 572399

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1475 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:57 AM
probably, since JKB said that Strike was one of the rival type bosses.

Im guessing X and Zero get their own rivals?

And speaking of that, Im hoping Strike is X's rival due to him resembling Double....

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1476 on: February 15, 2012, 02:17:35 AM
Are there any more like Strike?
We did planned to have another, not sure if there will be time and resources for him though.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1477 on: February 15, 2012, 03:48:06 PM
Hope to see some very nice background and titles then.
You know I am one of the Megaman X players how likes to rush trough the stages.
I know half the time of playing megaman X is fighting against bosses, so the fights need to be decent, but what I really was enjoying was the speed constantly moving forward, gaining new stuff become stronger. That was/is the most fun part in the games, at least for me.

AND let me tell you one thing if you would manage to give the stages or "map" half of the soul that every room in Castlevania symphony of the night had  you will have a game that will be played for generations to come.
symphony of the night not only had an unbelievable amount of features and ways to play it. It had also the most beutifull and intimate settings.
Rooms that seem wast even tho its a 2D game, eyes that stare at you while you head to the other end of the room, a full moon half covered by clouds with black birds crossing the scean. It was a masterpice... sry i got side tracked somehow

The man point would be that the Maps are a very importend feature that most ppl tend to forgett.

I know they're joking and all, but those "ETTS GWEEN BIKA DOOD" comments are kinda annoying. My 2 cents  -_-
Leave "Green Biker Dude"-comments alone!!  ;O;

Let them talk it won´t do any harm. And you have to admit that beeing green and having big spiked ear-parts was the main feature of the green biker dude too - along with rusching at full speed into enemy-fire that is ;)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1478 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:35 AM
Will Strike be similar to Double in AI, meaning will he attack us with close range attacks or projectiles? or both?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1479 on: February 16, 2012, 06:44:10 PM
Will Strike be similar to Double in AI, meaning will he attack us with close range attacks or projectiles? or both?

Fast close and ranged attacks.

Offline Orange_Lazarus

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1480 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:46 PM
I've been quietly gushing over MMX Corrupted for years now and I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for doing all of this, the game looks great and is essentially everything I've ever dreamed a Mega Man X fan-game could be.

Just a few comments:
Personally, I'm not sure if you guys are still considering ideas for a wind based weapon but I've always felt every Mega Man game needs a force-field/shield weapon.  A wind based force-field could have a lot of potential.

Secondly, what I never liked about Mega Man X3 was that despite having so many ride armors to choose from, you never really get to enjoy them that much.  The ride armor platforms were only placed in areas where a ride armor could be used simply for helping the player get another special item but you never really get to cause continuous heavy damage with them.  What I love about MMXC is that it appears there is a lot of open space to take ride armors, also the charged neurospike basically means you can use a ride armor anywhere.  Great!  I'm hoping there are a few areas that will be difficult to get to (Say, an area that's heavily guarded and there's a blockade blocking the entrance.) without a ride armor, unless the player was very skilled of course.

That's it! Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Edit: Oh I've also been meaning to ask:

Besides Flash8 and ActionScript what other skills do you possess that have helped you with this process, what I mean is what skill-sets does a person need to have in order to make a game like this? Also, What has been the most challenging part of this whole process for you?

Offline Raijin

• Cyberelf
  • What?
    • View Profile
Reply #1481 on: February 18, 2012, 02:20:27 AM
Not sure if this has been talked about, but my speed running instincts are forcing me to ask this. Will there be some sort of high score board for fastest completion time and another for fastest 100% completion? Those would be more than welcome additions no doubt.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1482 on: February 18, 2012, 03:11:01 AM
Personally, I'm not sure if you guys are still considering ideas for a wind based weapon but I've always felt every Mega Man game needs a force-field/shield weapon.  A wind based force-field could have a lot of potential.
Cyclone Razor is the wind weapon, you can see it here

Besides Flash8 and ActionScript what other skills do you possess that have helped you with this process, what I mean is what skill-sets does a person need to have in order to make a game like this? Also, What has been the most challenging part of this whole process for you?
Basic spriting skills, knowing what works and what doesn't work.
Most challenging is to finding motivation to keep going for all these years. Good thing I found some cool people to work with.

Not sure if this has been talked about, but my speed running instincts are forcing me to ask this. Will there be some sort of high score board for fastest completion time and another for fastest 100% completion? Those would be more than welcome additions no doubt.
Yes, there will be 2 high scores, one for fastest completion and another for faster 100% completion.

Offline Raijin

• Cyberelf
  • What?
    • View Profile
Reply #1483 on: February 21, 2012, 04:00:37 AM
Yes, there will be 2 high scores, one for fastest completion and another for faster 100% completion.
It is great to know that!

By the way. I was browsing through a few of your Youtube videos, and I have to comment seriously on the danger that the falling debris in the Junkyard provedes. That stuff is really haphazard. In a fair game, the designers make it to where taking damage is the fault of the player if he/she makes a mistake, but that falling debris is so random it would be impossible to dodge, especially at the top when you're right next to the opening, and especially moreso if a player was trying to do a no damage, no dash, buster only challenge. Still, your game looks really impressive and is shaping up quite alot. Overall, you and everyone else contributing is doing a great job at this!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1484 on: February 26, 2012, 08:42:23 PM
new video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3doxvYz-1I[/youtube]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1485 on: February 26, 2012, 11:11:29 PM
Come to think of it, what balances the ride armors? It seems like you could bring one all the time as long as it can fit where you're going.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1486 on: February 27, 2012, 01:13:58 AM
Come to think of it, what balances the ride armors? It seems like you could bring one all the time as long as it can fit where you're going.

They break and take time to repair. (I should probably make a video of that.)
Usually you will go through those areas without ride at first then when you get them it makes it easier.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1487 on: February 27, 2012, 10:20:16 PM
Awesome video! Ultimate Armor looks great! I don't know why but I like the Black colors for Ultimate Armor since X6 better than the Blue one... well it doesn't really matter.

Question about the video, I've noticed Language options... so you plan to support multiple languages? How many do you plan to support? There's English, Portuguese, and Spanish so far... you plan to make a Japanese one as well? Very interesting.

And there's a Navigator too?!

Seriously, this game is looking good!

One thing that I always wonder is... how do people make Game Titles that look very professional? I notice the "Mega Man X: Corrupted" title on the Title Screen and I like the little evil eye behind it which looks like Sigma's eyes (the ones in X5 where he is nearly dead after the final battle) and the sub-title "Corrupted" looks just like the fonts for the Mega Man.

Did you sprite it? Is there a Mega Man X1-3 font style? How do people go about making the outlines and since for the title? I really like to know!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1488 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:00 PM
A new Video - nice :)

You have some very pretty bacKground now. Liked it especially the double layered once. :)
Tileset also made some big leaps! If the rest of the maps looks like that too then you can start to match sotn.

And now some nit-picking (it is nitpicking on a high lvl so dont take it to heart) and questions:
The change from 2:03-2:08 where you could see the mountains in the bachground getting stuck in the air was kind of strange.
Properly no way to soften that up, is there? And if you want to cover the whole map do you need to jump down there several times?

Also the Layout repeat on the background for example at 6:15 was something that meet the eye.

The titelset that started at 3:12 seemed a little bright for my opinion, but that could just be me.

The enemy that rushed at you at 3:19 can you actually dashjump over it?

Some areas still looked a little uninhabited. Will there be more enemys on higher difficulties?

[Edit] It sound negativ I knew it... well thats just minor details i guess you know how much i look forward to that game, do you?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1489 on: February 28, 2012, 12:42:04 AM
Question about the video, I've noticed Language options... so you plan to support multiple languages? How many do you plan to support? There's English, Portuguese, and Spanish so far... you plan to make a Japanese one as well? Very interesting.
I only have English language available and it's the only language that the game will release with. After the release, I'll have the dialogs up for translation in a forum for volunteers help translate.

Did you sprite it? Is there a Mega Man X1-3 font style? How do people go about making the outlines and since for the title? I really like to know!
Hellghost sprited the title screen a while back.

The change from 2:03-2:08 where you could see the mountains in the bachground getting stuck in the air was kind of strange.
That's how it is on Flame Stag stage.

And if you want to cover the whole map do you need to jump down there several times?
Technically yes.

The enemy that rushed at you at 3:19 can you actually dashjump over it?
No, but I nerfed that enemy right after the video, I might increase the tunnel height a little also.

Some areas still looked a little uninhabited. Will there be more enemys on higher difficulties?
Still working on enemies, I have a bunch pending to code.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1490 on: February 28, 2012, 03:25:34 AM
No, but I nerfed that enemy right after the video, I might increase the tunnel height a little also.
I see. Well too bad that you nerved it i was like: "Yeah, finally an enemy that rush at you and wont die that easily." Wouldn't even mind having two of them down there as long as you can avoid beeing hit, that is.

Still working on enemies, I have a bunch pending to code.

Nice :) looking forward to that

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1491 on: February 28, 2012, 03:35:41 AM
Wouldn't even mind having two of them down there as long as you can avoid beeing hit, that is.
You actually can, just have to shoot really fast, but the player will 100% get hit there the first time.

Offline ChaplainMikelus

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1492 on: February 29, 2012, 03:59:02 AM
We did planned to have another, not sure if there will be time and resources for him though.
If you don't mind me asking, why not? I think another antagonist would add a lot more character to the game, and it would present you with another opportunity to add another awesome boss fight.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1493 on: February 29, 2012, 04:05:28 AM
If you don't mind me asking, why not? I think another antagonist would add a lot more character to the game, and it would present you with another opportunity to add another awesome boss fight.

May I suggest that it be female?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1494 on: February 29, 2012, 05:00:38 AM

Planning is so so far from actually implementing.

Offline ChaplainMikelus

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1495 on: February 29, 2012, 05:08:39 AM
Planning is so so far from actually implementing.
Of course. If you do decide to go ahead with the plans, I'd be more than willing to help with some of the sprites.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1496 on: February 29, 2012, 03:57:39 PM
You actually can, just have to shoot really fast, but the player will 100% get hit there the first time.

Hmm.. then it would be a good call to make the celling higher or to let the player see the enemy while climbing down the leader.
Or if you say that you can out-dash the enemy, save youself whit a walljump and then let the enemy tast some nice shots to the back of his head. Well, that would be just as good.

A another Question concerning the Hboots. Is a Highjump reseting your dashcount - meaning can you perform an airdash after it?

Also you told us that you will balance the RR with repair time.. how about doing even more and make the repair costly in some ways.
Like 1/4 of the RR Hp can be handled by the intra-repairsystem of the RR. For every more dmg you need to get back to the Hunter Base and offer some energie from your sub-tank to get the repaired getting started. In Higher difficulties it would prefend players from spamming them.

That way you could even get a room down in the Hunterbase that would display the currend RR armor beeing repaired. Hanging from the celling like in X3 (the base RR) plus some mechanic parts that moves up and down making it look as it would be currently under repair. Just a thought of mine.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1497 on: February 29, 2012, 06:44:34 PM
A another Question concerning the Hboots. Is a Highjump reseting your dashcount - meaning can you perform an airdash after it?
Yes it resets.

Also you told us that you will balance the RR with repair time.. how about doing even more and make the repair costly in some ways.
Like 1/4 of the RR Hp can be handled by the intra-repairsystem of the RR. For every more dmg you need to get back to the Hunter Base and offer some energie from your sub-tank to get the repaired getting started. In Higher difficulties it would prefend players from spamming them.

That way you could even get a room down in the Hunterbase that would display the currend RR armor beeing repaired. Hanging from the celling like in X3 (the base RR) plus some mechanic parts that moves up and down making it look as it would be currently under repair. Just a thought of mine.
I have a Ride Armor room but to make it cost is too much work for the player that's not something I want the player to be concerned with.

Offline RockEsper

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1498 on: February 29, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
I have a Ride Armor room but to make it cost is too much work for the player that's not something I want the player to be concerned with.
I feel that it ought to be costly to have them destroyed, as in you won't be using it very soon after it breaks, but also not be annoying. That is, the game won't eat up your time and force you to stop making progress.

Would that be close to what we can expect?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1499 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
but why would it have to be like that? X3 didnt do that, and the Ride armor system here seems pretty much just like X3's.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.