• Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1425 on: November 26, 2011, 02:18:19 PM
:O

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1426 on: November 26, 2011, 02:26:40 PM
What I like about the Megaman series is that you can determinate a boss' personality just by looking at his attack pattern.  So in this case it makes sense that a warfare inspired boss would use "generic" homing missiles and rockets. The boss itself seems fun enough, he can kill you easily if you aren't careful. I've read comments on youtube stating that the missile rain doesn't seem menacing enough. I am not sure if adding more rockets would be any good, maybe the attack would be just barely escapable, which isn't  always a good thing (This ain't bullet hell).
May I ask if you plan on adding something similiar to X8's desperation attacks? Adding something like that would be a nice change of pace during a boss fight in case the battles would seem too monotome.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1427 on: November 26, 2011, 03:59:13 PM
Isn't that exactly what the missile rain is? He uses it at half health (3/4ths at S rank) and turns invincible for a while. I don't really like that mechanic myself.
The missiles could immediately curve down to the ground after being fired from his back instead of going off-screen first, that'd leave less space to manoeuvre in and prevent the player from hitting the boss much (eliminating the need for turning him invincible, which is the part I don't like).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1428 on: November 26, 2011, 09:39:12 PM
Is that a placeholder stage clear theme? Im assuming there will be a original one?

I love the boss theme, gets me pumped. The battle... well you make it look so easy... I know Im gonna die alot.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1429 on: November 26, 2011, 09:45:40 PM
Isn't that exactly what the missile rain is? He uses it at half health (3/4ths at S rank) and turns invincible for a while. I don't really like that mechanic myself.
The missiles could immediately curve down to the ground after being fired from his back instead of going off-screen first, that'd leave less space to manoeuvre in and prevent the player from hitting the boss much (eliminating the need for turning him invincible, which is the part I don't like).

Milodon needs the invincibility because Zero would just destroy him during it. Those missiles look weird if curved too much.
The goal of the special attack is to break your rhythm and make you focus on dodging.

Offline RockEsper

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1430 on: November 26, 2011, 10:09:44 PM
I thought the normal rank desperation move was fine. But I had the feeling that the S rank desperation move would be a lot scarier. Like, the explosions would be five fires instead of three. I don't know if that would make them too hard to dodge though. If that wouldn't work, maybe they could fall faster?

I just love when an advanced version of a boss pulls out moves you're unfamiliar with, so that you once again get a sense of hurried desperation to understand how to avoid the attack.

Either way, really cool stuff, man. I adore thinking up boss patterns. I use to always draw them out in my notebooks. So seeing this done right is awesome. I think this really works and has a very X series feel to it. You can make unique attacks without having to resort to simple bullet hell. I agree, as referenced above, that bullet hell really isn't always a good thing, as X seems (at least in most boss fights) to be more about quick wits and thinking of the best maneuver you can do to escape each tense attack. I think this captures that pretty well.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1431 on: November 27, 2011, 12:02:07 AM
I think "impressive" is really the only applicable term to describe this.

This entire project I mean.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #1432 on: November 27, 2011, 12:33:40 AM
I thought the normal rank desperation move was fine. But I had the feeling that the S rank desperation move would be a lot scarier. Like, the explosions would be five fires instead of three. I don't know if that would make them too hard to dodge though. If that wouldn't work, maybe they could fall faster?
My thoughts exactly. Besides that, this is looking fantastic, mad props to the whole team.

Offline NumeroGaijin

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1433 on: December 03, 2011, 05:26:38 AM
I have a question that I am not sure was asked or covered before. I was wondering if the bosses would have voices. Will they have grunts or phrases that signify when they are in desperation mode?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1434 on: December 03, 2011, 06:41:54 AM
Considering this is patterned after an SNES game, I doubt it. Just when they hit half health, they enter desperation mode.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #1435 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:08 AM
I wanna play this so bad it hurts

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1436 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:52 PM
Wonderful, with one boss already done it feels almost like the game is on its last lap to strike an phenomenal first place.
Have you some sheets for the other 7 mavericks in stock already or are you once again in dire need for sheets?

Ah and like you know me...
I have another suggestion, idea or just wast of your time...  consider it however you like^^""
This game won't have a stage selection screen and instead a Hunter base, wasn`t that right?

So is there any chance that we will find some kind of big ass monitor in the hunter base where we can look up on the Maveric-bios?
Maybe even with additional information like:
-how much harth-tanks we have collected so far
-how much of the overall map was discovered so far
-maybe even a replays of the weapon-get plus some short info about the weapon itself
-or even a list of all the armor-combinations that we have tryed out ?

At least i would like to have a place where i can read up on the mavericks, atks and find out what parts I had combined in the past to get whatever effect it caused.

Offline RockEsper

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1437 on: December 06, 2011, 11:40:48 AM
So is there any chance that we will find some kind of big ass monitor in the hunter base where we can look up on the Maveric-bios?
Ooh! Yeah that would be cool! Like, a screen showing the bosses like the other games, and them blacking out or something when they've been defeated.

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd already thought of that.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1438 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:29 PM
Yep, I got one of those.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1439 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:27 PM
Nice :)
CanĀ“t wait to see what function that one have to offer.

Keep it up

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1440 on: December 11, 2011, 02:22:20 AM
This is looking awesome and it looks like you're almost done with it too! Well from my point of view though.

Will you at least have opening dialogue with the bosses like the later X series game seeing as this takes place after X5-6(?), just to see more about their personality. If you can I mean.

I can't wait to play it when it comes out! 8)

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1441 on: December 16, 2011, 12:41:25 AM
He already confirmed starting dialogs.

And well, i guess it will still take some time
Imagine that it's just 1 boss, there are 7 more to go.
Then Bug fixes. They changed the Upgrade-Tree. Properly again new bugs because of that.
As far as i know they still exchange and upgrade titelsets.
And JBK never stated that he dont need new and more enemys and minibosses.

I guess the game is pretty much incomplete yet.
But i know what you mean. With that bossfight I have the same feeling of ALMOST  8)

Offline 9zeromaker9

• My Name Is Dragoon!
  • Cyberelf
  • Spriter Megaman x 16 bits!
    • View Profile
    • Rockman XxXxXxXxXxX
Reply #1442 on: December 18, 2011, 07:26:35 PM
Nice the Proyect go Good!
Megaman x Corrupted Information here
@JKB Games
If you want i can delete the post...

Zero Viral Armor - Megaman x Maverick Hunter
My Name Is Dragoon!

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1443 on: December 19, 2011, 02:22:58 AM
Nice the Proyect go Good!
Megaman x Corrupted Information here
@JKB Games
If you want i can delete the post...

Just don't try to pretend you have the game and give us a link for download, stop lying. Just that.

Offline 9zeromaker9

• My Name Is Dragoon!
  • Cyberelf
  • Spriter Megaman x 16 bits!
    • View Profile
    • Rockman XxXxXxXxXxX
Reply #1444 on: December 19, 2011, 04:27:52 AM
Don't Exist a Link for download but, if be can play n_n

Zero Viral Armor - Megaman x Maverick Hunter
My Name Is Dragoon!

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1445 on: February 07, 2012, 04:12:21 PM
Hey JKB-Team

we have a nice Phoenix armor, if i remember correctly:

PHead = reacharges WE (very usefull)
PBuster = New homing Weapon (good good)
PArmor = More Wdmg if low on hp (properly rewarding in A and S difficulty)
PBoots = More speed and posipility of additional dmg (speed is always nice and dmg too :D)

and on the other hand we have the Hydra armor whis is somehow lacking:

HBoots = high jump (a new move is fine with armor combo it even gets great)
HBuster = New spreed Weapon (very very nice :D )
HArmor = Do dmg on impact ( does it reflect a portion of the dmg and throw it back at the enemy reducing the overall damage on X? If not it will get useless after B difficulty because you dont want to get hit by that time anymore.)
HHead = Pulls energie Items (low usfullnes on C and B Difficulty and with A and S it allmost wont have anything to Pull anymore... )

Thats a short rundown of what we know so far about the armors, now to my question:
Did anything change on the armor settings or do you plan to change something in the future?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1446 on: February 07, 2012, 07:09:50 PM
Hey JKB-Team

we have a nice Phoenix armor, if i remember correctly:

PHead = reacharges WE (very usefull)
PBuster = New homing Weapon (good good)
PArmor = More Wdmg if low on hp (properly rewarding in A and S difficulty)
PBoots = More speed and posipility of additional dmg (speed is always nice and dmg too :D)

and on the other hand we have the Hydra armor whis is somehow lacking:

HBoots = high jump (a new move is fine with armor combo it even gets great)
HBuster = New spreed Weapon (very very nice :D )
HArmor = Do dmg on impact ( does it reflect a portion of the dmg and throw it back at the enemy reducing the overall damage on X? If not it will get useless after B difficulty because you dont want to get hit by that time anymore.)
HHead = Pulls energie Items (low usfullnes on C and B Difficulty and with A and S it allmost wont have anything to Pull anymore... )

Thats a short rundown of what we know so far about the armors, now to my question:
Did anything change on the armor settings or do you plan to change something in the future?

Not only Phoenix and Hydra but Ultimate and Zero armors also got a few balance changes.
We remade PHead;
Added an insta-auto charge mechanic to PBody;
HArmor now blocks 1 point on enemy touch damage. (It's the only defense you can get from armors so it's still good even on S);

Things you didn't know:
The HBoots also increases mobility underwater;
HHead can pull in hard-placed items on the map. There are several ones that can only be pulled in or very hard to reach including Extra Lives.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1447 on: February 07, 2012, 07:25:54 PM
Does the 1-damage-reduction get bottomed at 1 or can it make you invulnerable to particularly weak enemies?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1448 on: February 08, 2012, 01:35:02 AM
Does the 1-damage-reduction get bottomed at 1 or can it make you invulnerable to particularly weak enemies?

Yes, it can make you invulnerable. It will actually kill the enemy because it does a bubble splash that slightly damages and knocks back nearby enemies.
This is only on enemy touch, getting hit by projectiles does not trigger this ability.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1449 on: February 08, 2012, 03:16:00 PM
Not only Phoenix and Hydra but Ultimate and Zero armors also got a few balance changes.
We remade PHead;
Added an insta-auto charge mechanic to PBody;
HArmor now blocks 1 point on enemy touch damage. (It's the only defense you can get from armors so it's still good even on S);

Things you didn't know:
The HBoots also increases mobility underwater;
HHead can pull in hard-placed items on the map. There are several ones that can only be pulled in or very hard to reach including Extra Lives.

Ah yeah forgott about fast walking underwater and also that PBoots let you walk on lava ;)

PBody have now a "insta-auto charge" insted of the wdmg increase when low on health = Interesting, sounds a little bit like hyper-C to me.
I am exited about that new PHead.

HBody sounds good now with the additonal def and possible Invulnerablity towards weak enemys.

But the only def that you get from Armors?
So you removed the orginal def boost from Ultimate it seems. Well if balance calls for it, I dont mind.

Keep the good work up we are way to exited over here :)