Mega Man X: Corrupted (flash fangame)

JKB Games · 572431

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1375 on: September 04, 2011, 08:00:13 AM
Thanks to Acid, I got a chance to watch some of the stream.

I gotta say, it looks excellent thus far.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1376 on: September 04, 2011, 09:31:14 AM
Lucky... I wish I could've seen it.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1377 on: September 04, 2011, 01:00:21 PM
I don't think I saw anything new except parts of areas not demonstrated in videos, so don't worry too much.

Posted on: 2011-09-04, 11:58:03
No it's not. Each character level up individually and gain their own Skill Points.
That seems like it would discourage switching between characters as to make use of whoever fits best for a situation...
What about heart-ups and boss weapons, are those like in Xtreme 2 where only one character gets them?

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1378 on: September 04, 2011, 04:47:41 PM
I caught some of it.  Looked pretty good from what I did watch.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline DevonS

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1379 on: September 04, 2011, 10:08:50 PM
Hey, JKB, do you think you could give me a brief rundown of S+ class difficulty and what it's like compared to the other difficulties? (Caught a flash of it during the stream but didn't pay attention to it...)

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1380 on: September 05, 2011, 03:04:08 AM
Well I uploaded the 2-minutes video of the live streaming of 03-09-2011. It's recorded on iPhone camera, so it doesn't have a good quality.
The video shows a little of the unseen areas.

EDIT: Deleted by request. Sorry for any inconvenient.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1381 on: September 05, 2011, 04:13:07 AM
That seems like it would discourage switching between characters as to make use of whoever fits best for a situation...
Hmm, that's a good point that I haven't thought about. I'll discuss this with the team. Thanks.

What about heart-ups and boss weapons, are those like in Xtreme 2 where only one character gets them?
Hearts are only for the character that picks it up but weapon data is shared for X and Zero.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1382 on: September 05, 2011, 07:18:39 PM
I would do it in the manner of, the 'points' you acquire to upgrade stuff, gets acquired for all characters. You use them per character differently. You may need to reconsider how much payout each point giving event gives though.

Like an RPG where all characters receive the same amount of EXP regardless if they're currently active in the party or not.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Donutyoshi

• Donuts and other amazing things...
  • Cyberelf
  • Automatic resizing is bad.
    • View Profile
Reply #1383 on: September 06, 2011, 03:50:57 AM
Hey! I saw this on Youtube once. I believe a friend of mine showed me a video of this fangame in IRC. I admit, I'm impressed from what I seen from this fangame from the videos and screenshots shown in this thread.

A guy with a Mega Man Engine.

DeviantART|Youtube

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1384 on: September 10, 2011, 05:14:46 AM
I would do it in the manner of, the 'points' you acquire to upgrade stuff, gets acquired for all characters. You use them per character differently. You may need to reconsider how much payout each point giving event gives though.

Like an RPG where all characters receive the same amount of EXP regardless if they're currently active in the party or not.

In my opinion, I don't like having X and Zero 'share' the same EXP or SP to upgrade their abilities. I think X and Zero had level up on their own and have those points to themselves to upgrade their abilities because you're using them and gaining experience with them when defeating the enemies so it makes sense that character gains the EXP, not both and it allows more freedom and choice for the players.

They're not in a 'party' per say and plus it's also the player's decision if they want to use the character more so than the other (though I'll be playing both X and Zero in this game) and I like to have max characters for the ultimate level of fun after clearing the game or wanted to test them out. Plus if the SP is shared and I want to use a maxed out X (or max out what I can with the maxed amount of SP) I have to downgrade Zero's abilities so I can upgrade X's which is quite annoying in my book if I swap out a character with low health right before the boss and my other character is at full health but weaker abilities instead of having him already powered up and switching out so I don't have to worry too much... though it does make it challenging for some players, but for others they like to be ready with a fully-equipped character.

It's sort of limited with the freedom of which character you like to play as the most, as in X4 you can choose which character you want to be and gain upgrades for that character only (though you cannot change characters after this). I don't mind sharing the Heart Tanks as I like to even distribute them between my characters. I also enjoyed X8's character customization with the upgrade parts with the Metals and I like to alternate between the three characters with ALL the abilities maxed out for fun, even if I use Axl more than X or Zero I like to go back to the old X and Zero team for ultimate carnage with their maxed skills.

But if you're going to have X and Zero share their SP then go ahead, I'll just max out one of the characters I'm going to use the most that way and do a New Game (or New Game Plus if there's one) with the other character.

Good luck with your project JKB!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1385 on: September 10, 2011, 07:24:21 AM
Never said anything about sharing SP, that would also make you not want to switch characters which is the complete opposite of what we are discussing here.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1386 on: September 10, 2011, 07:36:20 AM
^Ah, I guess I misread something wrong then. Thank you for clearing that up.

Offline DevonS

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1387 on: September 10, 2011, 05:37:11 PM
Hey, JKB, do you think you could give me a brief rundown of S+ class difficulty and what it's like compared to the other difficulties? (Caught a flash of it during the stream but didn't pay attention to it...)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1388 on: September 11, 2011, 01:24:17 AM
Unshared EXP is actually a perverse incentive. It promotes leaving other characters unused much more than shared does. The simple truth is not everyone wants to redo a level, and or older areas, with the other character just to grind and get everyone at the same standing. This leads to characters getting forgotten, and too far behind the curve for people to care about using them. It leads to people saying "screw it, grinding is boring, I'll just keep using Zero" or "I want to play the next level, but Zero isn't as powerful so I can't use him, I'll continue to use X". The whole thing becomes a great inconvenience for the player, while shared EXP keeps all characters accessible and usable when a need for them arises.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1389 on: September 11, 2011, 01:41:36 AM
Sort of relevant; What Xtreme 2 did. Only the character who beat the boss got the weapon. Which means by the final stages, once you got scramble change in the regular game, you would never use the other character because he had no weapons or heart tanks.

Also relevant, What X6 did. No matter how late Zero becomes playable, he comes with any weapons you got as X. Same for X in X7.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1390 on: September 11, 2011, 08:03:36 AM
Unshared EXP is actually a perverse incentive. It promotes leaving other characters unused much more than shared does. The simple truth is not everyone wants to redo a level, and or older areas, with the other character just to grind and get everyone at the same standing. This leads to characters getting forgotten, and too far behind the curve for people to care about using them. It leads to people saying "screw it, grinding is boring, I'll just keep using Zero" or "I want to play the next level, but Zero isn't as powerful so I can't use him, I'll continue to use X". The whole thing becomes a great inconvenience for the player, while shared EXP keeps all characters accessible and usable when a need for them arises.

That's what Align brought up.

Oh sorry i overlook this. S+ is almost the same as S.
Enemies have additional AI like in S Class;
Slight increased stats than S Class;
No Checkpoints;
No extra lives refill on Save Capsules;
Some other little things but not worth mentioning.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1391 on: September 11, 2011, 08:17:25 PM
Excuse me for wanting to help elaborate, and back up the idea.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1392 on: September 11, 2011, 11:56:05 PM
Excuse me for wanting to help elaborate, and back up the idea.

xD

I think we will make the XP shared because at one point into the game you will have to choose to stay with Zero or X for some time.

Offline NumeroGaijin

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1393 on: September 15, 2011, 06:18:05 PM
Hi all!! Just wanted to say I have followed this project about almost a full year after it started and I am completely wowed each time I see the work and the dedication of the details put in this game. I also have a question too. I was wondering if following the completion of the game if we will get to keep the sp that we have acquired during the starting of a new game? or if we have to regain the same sp again?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1394 on: September 15, 2011, 11:11:28 PM
There's a New Game+ that lets you keep your SP

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1395 on: September 16, 2011, 02:18:37 AM
There's a New Game+ that lets you keep your SP

Correct.

On a Game+, you keep your level and all your skills are reset and you get all your SP back to try out new builds but Hearts, Armor, Rides and Sub-Tanks are all lost.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1396 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:49 AM
YOU HAVE TO BUY HEARTS?!  o//////o

Congratulations! You guys took all the fun out of looking for hearts because there are no hearts to find! O:<

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1397 on: September 16, 2011, 04:22:47 AM
Umm... no, I think you still find hearts. But in a New Game+, they're all reset to their original locations...

along with Ride Armors and Sub-Tanks.

The only thing you buy with SP is the skills, and on a NG+, you keep all the SP you've earned, but you can use them towards other skills now.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1398 on: September 16, 2011, 11:18:46 AM
YOU HAVE TO BUY HEARTS?!  o//////o

Who said anything about buying hearts?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1399 on: September 16, 2011, 11:39:49 AM
On a Game+, you keep your level and all your skills are reset and you get all your SP back to try out new builds but Hearts, Armor, Rides and Sub-Tanks are all lost.
I think he was just confused by this.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything