Mega Man X: Corrupted (flash fangame)

JKB Games · 572426

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1150 on: February 07, 2011, 04:48:09 AM
OK, cool thanks! So we decided what skills we want for X and Zero at max level for our playing style.

By the way are there going to be any secret areas or bosses for a little extra fun? Or just the 8 Mavericks plus the final stages and final boss?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1151 on: February 07, 2011, 05:14:01 AM
Max level is 60 and you cannot max all skill trees.

Forcing you to replay it all over again to see it all?

Ya know, locking people out of features like that is a little... wrong. Unless you are going to allow people to get refunds for skills, I'd say that's a little bit harsh. What if the ability they didn't happen to reach was the one that worked best for them? What if it was a move that they really would have enjoyed much more, and it fit their style?

I've always thought that the irreversible upgrade system where you cannot get everything was pretty bad design.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1152 on: February 07, 2011, 05:36:43 AM
Forcing you to replay it all over again to see it all?

Ya know, locking people out of features like that is a little... wrong. Unless you are going to allow people to get refunds for skills, I'd say that's a little bit harsh. What if the ability they didn't happen to reach was the one that worked best for them? What if it was a move that they really would have enjoyed much more, and it fit their style?

I've always thought that the irreversible upgrade system where you cannot get everything was pretty bad design.

When you beat the game you will get back all your points to re-spec them as you want for the next playthrough on a higher difficulty.
All the weapons are good without the upgrades, they won't be useless if you don't upgrade them.

I guess this is not the game style you like, that's all, there are plenty games out there like this that give the player different builds and play styles.

Aresian

Reply #1153 on: February 07, 2011, 05:55:13 AM
inb4 MOST RPGs where you can decide what "tree" your character learns skills under AS WELL as pretty much ANY MMO.

This isn't new material, folks. This is the traditional way of doing things, in fact. And it prevents being an overpowered SOB anyway. I'm perfectly fine with that, JKB. It actually forces you to do a bit of thinking an experimenting. Nothing wrong with that at all.

And new game plus? AND you can re-skill at new game, with your old skill points? More difficulties to boot? Who can complain about that.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1154 on: February 07, 2011, 12:09:41 PM
Another song by Dominic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoRRKcDOj8
I think the first few seconds are a bit awkward but no problem with it after that.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1155 on: February 07, 2011, 02:28:28 PM
Love the song! =O I think the start is a little slow on the buildup for game bgm but the flesh of the music is awesome >w<

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1156 on: February 09, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PsdAttGfWQ[/youtube]

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1157 on: February 09, 2011, 02:19:12 PM
My dear lord... I think this is my favorite new song from MMXC! This sounds so fan-freaking-tastic! :D

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1158 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58:55 PM
Great song!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1159 on: February 10, 2011, 02:44:20 AM
I wish Capcom would still use their old sounds and chips. That gave their games much more unique BGM.
Oh well.

That latest track is pretty awesome as well.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1160 on: February 17, 2011, 10:37:06 PM
Heya JKB,

I am another of the tousands how looks soooo forword to play the Game your guys creating. To be true i even check 3 times a week if there is any update on the project. Go on and make one of the best megaman x games ever!!

You may notice its my first Post. And it really isnt like I just registrated on that forum to finally be able to comment on your Project 8D

Anyway, here on my side a few questions arised and I would be gratefull if you could anwser me.

1. Is VirusX now doing the Boss-spirits for you?
He was there, draw an remake of your Starfish, how was originaly my least favorid boss - with the Big-Green-Ball-Boss =  Plasma Puffer - and made him instandly awsome to look at.  But then he just seem to have disappeared and you didnt even replied to his last Post. I found that strange and thought i could ask.

2. Are you still looking for weapon ideas for X weaponary or is that done now?
Sadly there is just the ~70% finished for X weapons in my mind right now. And I am sure that I readed the topic carefully.
Could you tell us the progress of the Game on that part?

3. I noticed in the last Video that you switched between X and Zero in mid-game.
Will it stay that way for the finall version? - I mean you could just stand near a Teleporter like you always did but you didnt.

4. Back to the Weapons of X (yeah i like playing X unlike most of the Zero fanboys here)
Could you pls replay the 8 lvl of X 1-2 and then tell me if the weapons in your game have the same feeling like they did in the old X Games? - I know that would take up to 2 hours to test it but maybe you could get some inspiration from it too  '>.>

Playing X had a spezial feeling in the first parts just because he wasnt degradet to just long distance and AOE attks. He had this atks too but he was best in mid.-range. I have weapons like Fire Wave, Strike Chain, Bubble Splash and Rolling Shield in mind -the last one was one that you almost need to shot at point blank for it to hit properly. They added a lot of action in X´s gameplay, especialy when you had your finger constantly on the dash button  ;)

Thats it for now its too much already for my first post anyway

[Edit] 5. Just forget about that question:
Alsp on your latest video I noticed that Zero is upgraded too when you skill the right branch of X main Skill-tree.
While he dont get that much out of the Energiebalancer he still will profit from the "Escape button" and the "pick up items in RR" from X skilltree. Are there any skills in Zeros main tree that will help X also?

Offline ThouArtPeronsa

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1161 on: February 18, 2011, 02:29:31 AM
Hey there jkb iv bin keeping up with this for the past year or so.
and all i can say is holy crap this is awesome. i dont really have any questions.
just felt like saying i love what i have seen of ur work.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1162 on: February 18, 2011, 03:25:46 AM
2. Are you still looking for weapon ideas for X weaponary or is that done now?
Sadly there is just the ~70% finished for X weapons in my mind right now. And I am sure that I readed the topic carefully.
Could you tell us the progress of the Game on that part?
I have 6 of the 8 weapons 100% done;
Still need to make Neurospike charged version;
I haven't started on Hurricane Hoatzin yet, have no idea what to do for him, almost all types of wind attacks are already done. =/

3. I noticed in the last Video that you switched between X and Zero in mid-game.
Will it stay that way for the finall version? - I mean you could just stand near a Teleporter like you always did but you didnt.
That's only for debug.

4. Back to the Weapons of X (yeah i like playing X unlike most of the Zero fanboys here)
Could you pls replay the 8 lvl of X 1-2 and then tell me if the weapons in your game have the same feeling like they did in the old X Games? - I know that would take up to 2 hours to test it but maybe you could get some inspiration from it too  '>.>
I've played X-X3 countless times.

Alsp on your latest video I noticed that Zero is upgraded too when you skill the right branch of X main Skill-tree.
While he dont get that much out of the Energiebalancer he still will profit from the "Escape button" and the "pick up items in RR" from X skilltree. Are there any skills in Zeros main tree that will help X also?
Zero does NOT benefit from X upgrades and vice-versa.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1163 on: February 18, 2011, 03:47:40 AM
Maybe for Hurricane Hoatzin, instead of an attack, a skill? Like, some mobility related thing?

Like in X5 where Zero's air dash gains that ice shield after defeating Mcwhalen.

Maybe something similar?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1164 on: February 18, 2011, 07:46:16 AM
Maybe for Hurricane Hoatzin, instead of an attack, a skill? Like, some mobility related thing?

Like in X5 where Zero's air dash gains that ice shield after defeating Mcwhalen.

Maybe something similar?

For charges maybe but not for regular shots.

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1165 on: February 18, 2011, 08:23:05 PM
I have 6 of the 8 weapons 100% done;
Still need to make Neurospike charged version;
I haven't started on Hurricane Hoatzin yet, have no idea what to do for him, almost all types of wind attacks are already done. =/
That's only for debug.
I've played X-X3 countless times.
Zero does NOT benefit from X upgrades and vice-versa.

1. VirusX is a secret I guess, okay lets leave it at that.

2. Hurrican Hoatzin eh, the Wind weapon.
How about X shotting a multiple hitting Wind out of his buster. Small and airborn enemys will be drawn slitly into the air -If kneeling that would also work on our beloved Mettaur puling him out of his guard . Rang would be more or less the same as Bubble Splasher of X2.
Would that colide to much with what Starfish weapon is dooing?

For Charge you could make X hit the ground letting the ground shake - Triad Thunder-Charge Everyone? - like in X3 but insted of two electric balls let raging wind pull all small enemys to the upper side of the screen while constantly getting dmged. Big enemys Would just get the dmg. You could also add some effect how looks like the X Charged saber from x3 to make it more visually apealing that the wind is voilantly shaking around them, causing all the mess that happens on screen. The general Idea about that attk is that X is realeassing that much Air into the ground that the ground simply cant bear it after a while and reales it under much bigger pressure than X could do.

And Neurospike well... I will thing about what would fit. But to be true I dont find Neurospike to usefull yet. I Would love it as an extra weapon that you get by defeting an ultra secret boss. And then let Zero and X be able to use it just for a little Mettaur lapdog fun. But thats not my call I guess.

3. Oh Okay

4. So do your weapons feel the same then? :)

5. So Zero dont have a way to teleport back from savepoint nor can he pick up Items in RR ? - Or can he do that from the beginning already? Or just tell me if you have already a way to solve that. If its something that involves Story-parts of anykind i am good with just knowing that there will be a way to do it with Zero anyway^^

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1166 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:12 PM
2. Hurrican Hoatzin eh, the Wind weapon.
I already have a weapon that draws enemies. I'll probably won't be able to do a wind specific, I'll have to use Hoatzin feather attacks.
X already has a ground punch move.

No. Maybe 1 or 2.

5. So Zero dont have a way to teleport back from savepoint nor can he pick up Items in RR ? - Or can he do that from the beginning already? Or just tell me if you have already a way to solve that. If its something that involves Story-parts of anykind i am good with just knowing that there will be a way to do it with Zero anyway^^
No, Zero won't have those functions. He can only teleport back from save capsules.

Offline Genstov

• also pronounced Genstov
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1167 on: February 18, 2011, 09:08:02 PM
2. Hurrican Hoatzin eh, the Wind weapon...
The biggest problem we're having in coming up with the basic wind weapon is that it can't be a shot. Seven out of eight weapons now just fire something, and a little variety would be good. We do and we don't want what happened in Mega Man 3. That game had an incredibly dull set of weapons, all of which basically shot in a straight line, yet it included the completely awesome Top Spin which made the game significantly more interesting. We want the wind weapon to be our top spin, but not surrounded by dull weapons.
And Neurospike well... I will thing about what would fit. But to be true I dont find Neurospike to usefull yet. I Would love it as an extra weapon that you get by defeting an ultra secret boss. And then let Zero and X be able to use it just for a little Mettaur lapdog fun. But thats not my call I guess.
The neurospike right now is actually a really strong weapon. It's not really 'power' strong, but tagging an enemy with it makes the enemy friendly allowing you to pass through it unharmed, letting you get around much less hindered at the expense of not getting items and EXP from actual killing.
That is the goal  :D
I think we've done a good job so far to maintain the qualities a weapon from a MMX game would have while tying in all the mechanics unique to this game.
Here's how fast travel works:
Whenever X or Zero activates a save capsule, it can be used to travel to any other save capsule in the game that has also been activated. One of these save capsules is in the hunter base. X's escape to base ability allows X to instantly return to that capsule in the hunter base while in defeated bosses' rooms or on checkpoint pods, as well as through save capsules. Since this skill is in X's skill tree, Zero does not benefit from it; this rule has no exceptions up to this point.

2H > 5P > c.S > 2D(JI) > 2S > 5K > sjc.K > j.S > j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1168 on: February 18, 2011, 10:10:44 PM
Hmm.

1. Force Breaker = Straight Mid-Range power
equal weapons like Strike Chain, Rolling Shield and Tornado Fang

2. Homing Missile = Range target-seeking weapon
equals Weapons like Homing Torpedo & Magnet Mine

3. EMP Spark = Straigth Aoe Mid to Long Range / Mulit hit
equals Spin Wheel, Gravity Well and Storm Tornado

4. Plasma Bouncer = Spamming reflect back weapon, Rising to the air
equals Shotgun Ice, Silk Shot, Sonic Slicer

5. The Ice weapon (dunno the name) = Falls down, growes along the Ground, Protection against Projectil weapons?
equals Crystal Hunter and Electric Spark

6. Our Neurospark = Control Enemy
equals jedi powaaaa

There would be still a Place for an atk like Triad Thunder how would direktly evolve around X.
There you would have your top spin btw :P
An atk like Wing Spiral from x 5 would also cover the area direktly over X but it would be rather lame to just copie it.
And you have the Armore combo for X already.

But maybe another splitting weapon would be nice seeing like Plasma Bouncer wont hit behind you unlease you have some crazy Position. But Homing Missile could do that as good.

I see your problem now. I will try to come up with a better Wind weapon then...

Btw an Idea for Neurospike: Everyone was about boosting X-ability. Why not do the Charge of Neurospike do that?
Let Neurospike full charged give X constantly the green Charged shot (or the first Fire charge -for phonix-  or first water -for Hydra-) and give him a slidely better defence or HP regeneration till your W-energy runs out. Insted of hacking enemys let X hack is own systems i say. AND if you use a Full Armor set - I belive that it gives you the first Charge also because in a video the shots where a lot bigger with full phonix -  then let it Just Upgrade that shot. Making it almost an Ultra-C weapon with a def or Reg abillity.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1169 on: February 18, 2011, 11:20:05 PM
Top spin... THATS IT! X NEEDS A TOP SPIN.
YOU KNOW IT WOULD BE AWESOME. 8D

Or, rather than top spin, something like His Shoryuken based attacks in X4 and 5? Rising fire and Spiral whatchamacall it?

why not something similar?

Zero doesnt have a Hoatzin weapon either does he? His could be something akin to hyouryuushou in X8 perhaps? a rising saber attack? Both could have he effect of blowing enemies away if it doesnt outright kill them.

Charged Neuro Spike could temporarily immobilize all enemies on screen...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1170 on: February 19, 2011, 05:23:01 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhMgPek06JY[/youtube]

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1171 on: February 19, 2011, 11:58:42 AM
Swinging~!

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1172 on: February 19, 2011, 12:21:48 PM
Good Morning Guys,

I gave it a thougth and came up with another, more unice idea for the Wind weapon.
[You can proced to Edit 2 if your lasy to read because that one is no good]
Mixxing the concept of Triad Thunder and Silk Shot together:

The idea is to let X shot 2 wind slices Diagonal into the Air and one straigth down. Basically like Triad Thunder just the other way around. After he charges his buster up he would shot the same shots plus one windslicer straigth up and 2 additional diagonal down. With the 2nd Charge up he then would also get 4 More shots on the horizontal line that move appard the futher they travel. X would cover the howl screen like that but Enemys could still slip between his shots. You have a big AOE whit some blindspots like the line direktly infront and behind X. Animation like I could Imagen that X would do a very short version of the movement he originally does in X2 with his Giga-atk. How would also let him stop in midair and move him up a little just like the original X2 Giga-atk animation. I mean hey, its a wind weapon after all.
A short windshild that flys around X while he executs the move would also be nice but thats remains your call.

That would be another idea for X Horazion weapon how at least feels diffrent to me.
[End of the part i just leave there for memorial sake you can proced normaly now]

Now for the final Charge up:
Version 1: He would shot up -pose of Charged Gravity Well- and creating something that its called a supercell directly over his buster harming all enemys on screen. Smaller enemys could similar to the Gravity Well effect drawn into our X created supercell. All decorated with some wind effects on screen and here you have your super Charge. Hope that would not be to difficult to spirit??

Version 2: A close up Atk like die Giga of the Gaia Armore in X5 just Wind based.. not to awsome but it would work.
-actually i beg you not to do that unless you make some heavy modification on it o.0

And for the Charges of Neurospike:
Let this weapon have no Charges until you have the final X overdrive. Just upgrade the weapon until then with no charge ups. You could just let your Lapdog make more dmg OR enebale X to get a portion of the exp he would have normaly get if he would be the one killing the enemy and not his Mettaur (25%/ 50% / 75% Exp ). He could then charge up only with the last upgrade. Altho then he would need to go throug al the colors of his charge or he would end up with the normal Neurospike shot.

And i would pretty much like if you would add the Reg abilitty to the finaly charge because it would be logic. Its like X would deactivade his savety-limiter on the buster and forces his selfrepair-system to work bevor he is a pice of scrape metal. - Zeros selfrepair seams to work only when he is scrape Metal. I guess X-sys would be the same- But you should make the Reg not to high maybe just 5-6 Hp per full WE-bar. And after the 2x upgrade 10-12 Hp but increasing the WE use of the Overdrive by lets say 35%. So that you have more Hp but leser time spamming charged shots without the actually need to charge.
You would need to put some heavy time into balancing the X-Overdrive tho.

Well thats some ideas from me. Give me a note if i can stope posting random ideas for weapons.
And tell me what kind of weapon you would like more/less just like Genstov just did.

[EDIT]
Okay, i have seen the old videos again. Realizing that The 2nd Wind weapon is also no got. De Hydra-buster just covers half of the screen but have also blindspots and is more or less the same. Also i noticed how Zero have 3 Ranged atks: the Ligthning, the dash atk and the Wind atk. Now i see what you mean with you want to be the wind atk x topspin and that every weapon just shots something.

Basicly you know that zero ist godly at close range and still decent at long range and can cover mid-long rang in no time (Warp).
And you know that X is Good at Long range and Mid-rang but lacks big time at close range. SO you want X gain an effectiv closerange move that give the game some more eyecandy and would cover the gap to Zero. Okay give me some time i have another idea but no concept yet.

[EDIT 2nd]
Would someone be so kind to post something this one is getting pretty long...

Okay i have now a concept also... but it may be difficult to spirit for all i know.

The idea is is to let X build up windpressure and releasing it in direct contact whit his enemys. Because he just use it on short distance that technic is pretty economic and dont draw out to much WE per atk. X would punch and even kick on that one his way out of things. The uncharged and first charge shot could be executed in 8 directions. The 2 Charge would leave X with the posibility to execute a normal jump direktly afterwards letting him reach areas a lot easier and taking shortcuts.

Normal attak: a straigth punch that realesses a gust of wind. X will strike with his right and left hand if multitapped.
1st Charge: A more powerfull version having a longer reach. X wil execute it with both arms.
2nd Charge: Here comes a nice one. An OVERHEAD KICK that leaves a traid of wind behind directly in front of X and on the moment of impact -ground or enemy - will push him a little father into the air and let him even execute a jump if timed correctly. That attak only harms enemys that are in reach of the windtrail.
3th Charge: Now its getting tricky. Something like the atk X used on this link at 2:15 >>This on Here << would be nice but i guess it would als be a hell of a lot work to spirit.
4th Charge: [now go back to the normal text again]

What do you thing? To much to spirit i belive, eh?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:02:03 PM by Meritur »

Offline Genstov

• also pronounced Genstov
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1173 on: February 20, 2011, 08:19:16 PM
Thanks for the input, however we now have Hurricane Hoatzin's weapon pretty much done, and believe me it's a blast to use.
You'll find out what it is when JKB makes a new video. ;)

2H > 5P > c.S > 2D(JI) > 2S > 5K > sjc.K > j.S > j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H

Offline Meritur

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1174 on: February 20, 2011, 08:41:44 PM
Thanks for the input, however we now have Hurricane Hoatzin's weapon pretty much done, and believe me it's a blast to use.
You'll find out what it is when JKB makes a new video. ;)

Nice, i am looking forword to it :)

And if you ever again dunno how to proced dont hesitated to ask your community here. I am sure there are a lots of ppl like me how come up with ideas rather quickly and can pump some fresh stuff in  - if needed - without asking constantly for another armor or char.

Keep up the good work!
And we will keep up to cheer for ya