Fan Game: Megaman Maximum

hfbn2 · 45678

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: December 27, 2010, 08:13:28 PM
Hello everyone, I am Hfbn2 and I am new around here.
Today I am going to show off what I have been working on for some time now.
Its my own Megaman fan game Megaman Maximum!
Enjoy =)
Also heres links to my DeviantART and YouTube accounts
DeviantART: http://hfbn2.deviantart.com/ YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/hfbn2?feature=mhum

(Note, I started this project before knowing about any other fan game on the internet)

(Note will probably change title screen later)

Story: The year is 20XX, after the many attempts of the evil scientist Doctor Albert W Wily to take over the world it now seems like he has given up and the word is now once again at peace.
This wouldnt be possible without the robot named Rock which was created by the main authority of robotics, Doctor Thomas Light, which after Dr.Wily's first attempt of conquering the world, turned Rock into the fighting robot MegaMan to return peace to the earth once again.

It seemed like everything has turned back to normal.

But then an army of unknown robots started rampaging and the world was in peril! Could this be the work of Dr.Wily?

"Ladies and gentlemen. Your attention, please. The name's Max... The brilliant scientist, Dr. Max! This may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! With the combined power of the eight of my most powerful robots, no one, not even Megaman will be able to stop me! Ha ha ha!"

It seems like a new young scientist has entered the scene, now Megaman has to save the world once again, but this time from the wrath of Dr. Max
He also get accompanied by his brother ProtoMan and managed to convince the robot named Bass to join them as well in their fight for world peace.

Thats it for the story, here are some pics of what the in game action will look like. (Note more pics will be added later when done)

Bell

Genie

Fool

Ape

Pearl

Kunai

Rope

Voltage

And to finish off heres a pic of the robotmaster sprites and a pic with Wily's Eyebrows in action!

Well thats what I have to show here now, will be updated later however when more work is done =D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:37:42 PM by hfbn2 »

I Dr. Max is here to spread fear and disaster!
Or I can just be a nice guy and show you all my megaman fan game Megaman Maximum x3

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:17:55 PM
So, you finnaly joined RPM eh?

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:31:58 PM
Welcome to RPM! The project's looking good. I'll try to get more RMs done when I feel like drawing them again :P

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:16:37 AM
I like it. ^^

There are some unique ideas here and there, and I like the background details.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:47:29 PM
holy cow that's all really good looking stuff like all the level graphics themes. :)
im extremely jealous :(

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:27:10 PM
can i design a couple of enemies for Genie Woman Stage?

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:59:02 PM
can i design a couple of enemies for Genie Woman Stage?

sure, if you want to ^^
just send me the pic or a link to it after you have made something ok =)
Also thanks for wanting to help =D

Or I can just be a nice guy and show you all my megaman fan game Megaman Maximum x3

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:50 PM
This is one of the enemies i made for Genie Woman Stage...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:02 PM
This is one of the enemies i made for Genie Woman Stage...

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Ok thanks :3 The enemy looks really cool i think ^^
Btw isnt it a remade sprite of your "megaman killer" like character from your fan game?
Or am I mistaken?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 09:56:57 PM
Ok thanks :3 The enemy looks really cool i think ^^
Btw isnt it a remade sprite of your "megaman killer" like character from your fan game?
Or am I mistaken?

oh, you saw my artwork from pixiv, well the answer is no, megagirl roll will not have more female robot masters apart from the existing 8 + waltz, that artwork was apart, this fembot is another character i made, in fact i need to made another  that will compain her, as a mini boss in genie woman stage, as well of other 3 enemies.

[spoiler]most of them female[/spoiler]

also im gonna make a few extra tiles for the stage.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 12:05:57 AM
That enemy looks kinda unfitting in the whole game style. It doesn't look like a robot, but more like one of your RMs. Cool sprite though but... yeah.

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 12:43:44 AM
But it fits with the boss.  Its good after all. good job gatuca  owob (For now im thinking the enemie is better as mid boss)

I love the design of Bell Man. From now im thinking that the bell is gonna fly a moment launching shots at random directions while the boss jumps, and then the bell returns at the boss and do another attack (posibly a time stopper). Its my opinion

And i love the tiles that you made. thoses are just perfect, fit with all, and the background fits too. At least this is not a joke game. I'm seeing a good future to this project. Oh and if you can, fix a little the Bass face. you can use The megaman 10 Weapon get ones as reference. I love the hornet man enemy and the megaman helmet on the spikes reference  0v0
Yay its tango returns : D

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 03:38:58 AM
oh, you saw my artwork from pixiv, well the answer is no, megagirl roll will not have more female robot masters apart from the existing 8 + waltz, that artwork was apart, this fembot is another character i made, in fact i need to made another  that will compain her, as a mini boss in genie woman stage, as well of other 3 enemies.

[spoiler]most of them female[/spoiler]

also im gonna make a few extra tiles for the stage.
well I wasnt asking for more fembots in your game, I only thought the enemy you made looked like a bot from your game, but after a chack I could see I was mistaken.
Aslo about the mid-boss thing, I already have a boss planned for her stage which will use a gimick as well, but you could at least show me what you had in mind if you want ^^

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 03:42:30 AM
But it fits with the boss.  Its good after all. good job gatuca  owob (For now im thinking the enemie is better as mid boss)

I love the design of Bell Man. From now im thinking that the bell is gonna fly a moment launching shots at random directions while the boss jumps, and then the bell returns at the boss and do another attack (posibly a time stopper). Its my opinion

And i love the tiles that you made. thoses are just perfect, fit with all, and the background fits too. At least this is not a joke game. I'm seeing a good future to this project. Oh and if you can, fix a little the Bass face. you can use The megaman 10 Weapon get ones as reference. I love the hornet man enemy and the megaman helmet on the spikes reference  0v0
Yay its tango returns : D

well thanks, im glad you like my  project ^^ And as you said it isnt a joke game XD
Aslo as I told gatuca, I already have an mid-boss planned for her stage.
And the thing about Bass is that hes supposed to be frouning like that when refusing to join them at first X3

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 04:16:53 AM
well I wasnt asking for more fembots in your game, I only thought the enemy you made looked like a bot from your game, but after a chack I could see I was mistaken.
Aslo about the mid-boss thing, I already have a boss planned for her stage which will use a gimick as well, but you could at least show me what you had in mind if you want ^^

so...you dont want it anymore?,  :'(

well, at least i could show you later what i had in mind if you think that maybe add 2 minibosses might help, cause many stages that have animal mid-bosses, they repeat, at least 2 times.

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 04:27:00 AM

so...you dont want it anymore?,  :'(

well, at least i could show you later what i had in mind if you think that maybe add 2 minibosses might help, cause many stages that have animal mid-bosses, they repeat, at least 2 times.
what o3o;
I do want the enemy you made, it looks stylish and intresting :3
All I said is that I dont think you need to make a mid-boss for me since I have already planned out her mid-boss.
But the sword thrower can be in as an bigger enemy ^^

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 05:55:15 AM
what o3o;
I do want the enemy you made, it looks stylish and intresting :3
All I said is that I dont think you need to make a mid-boss for me since I have already planned out her mid-boss.
But the sword thrower can be in as an bigger enemy ^^

oooh, oohh, oh, sorry :P my bad for the misunderstanding, my idea for the female sword dancer is that is gonna be similar to a boss from megaman 3, at first i tough it could be a simple normal enemie, but i tought it could be something more, but that is your decision man  8)

Posted on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:32 AM
BTW, as for the artwork, i like the way you take, similar to the artwork of the 1st 3 megaman games, but maybe if you do megaman eyes more bigger, and redefine Bass face  bit.

ok, now onto the deal.

[spoiler]

The Scherehezade Trio

These 3 ladies do atack in a similar way the Megaman clones from megaman 3 did, remember those?, the ones that do attack an shot and then teleport, well the idea is slighty similar.

there's 3 robots, 2 of them trow 2 blades at megaman not at the same time, and the blades go on a regular slow speed at first, and megaman has to avoid the blades, meanwhile the 3rd robot just performs a dance, then when one of the robots doesnt have blades, they will perform a mini dance that indicates the moment you can shoot them, but is very brief, before the robots teleport.

the 3 robots will teleport, and switch plataform, when the robot that usually just dances, reach the bottom plataform, she will trowh fire breath that when touchin teh floor, will create a flame floor trap, in the form of flame trowers, if those hit megaman, he will lost a BIG amount of energy, but if he just happens to be in a corner, and the robot spits in that corner, he can slide trough the other side and shoot the robot in the back.

once there's only one robot, it will teleport faster trough the 4 plataforms, until it will stop and perform a dance, and trow a beam or something that will go in many directions, and so for.[/spoiler]

so, what do you think?

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:28 AM
oooh, oohh, oh, sorry :P my bad for the misunderstanding, my idea for the female sword dancer is that is gonna be similar to a boss from megaman 3, at first i tough it could be a simple normal enemie, but i tought it could be something more, but that is your decision man  8)

Posted on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:32 AM
BTW, as for the artwork, i like the way you take, similar to the artwork of the 1st 3 megaman games, but maybe if you do megaman eyes more bigger, and redefine Bass face  bit.

ok, now onto the deal.

[spoiler]

The Scherehezade Trio

These 3 ladies do atack in a similar way the Megaman clones from megaman 3 did, remember those?, the ones that do attack an shot and then teleport, well the idea is slighty similar.

there's 3 robots, 2 of them trow 2 blades at megaman not at the same time, and the blades go on a regular slow speed at first, and megaman has to avoid the blades, meanwhile the 3rd robot just performs a dance, then when one of the robots doesnt have blades, they will perform a mini dance that indicates the moment you can shoot them, but is very brief, before the robots teleport.

the 3 robots will teleport, and switch plataform, when the robot that usually just dances, reach the bottom plataform, she will trowh fire breath that when touchin teh floor, will create a flame floor trap, in the form of flame trowers, if those hit megaman, he will lost a BIG amount of energy, but if he just happens to be in a corner, and the robot spits in that corner, he can slide trough the other side and shoot the robot in the back.

once there's only one robot, it will teleport faster trough the 4 plataforms, until it will stop and perform a dance, and trow a beam or something that will go in many directions, and so for.[/spoiler]

so, what do you think?
It looks very nice I think ^^I just got an idea.
I could do like RingMan did in Megaman 4 and have 2 diffrent mid-bosses :)
How does that sound :D
Also do you have the rest of the sprites for the trio? I need to know exactly what you had in mind with them and their moves and such x3

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 09:09:57 PM
and that's exactly the ida i had in mind  8)

just give me a couple of hours, i need to finish the sprites as well as the additional tiles i made for that section in particular.

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 10:28:14 PM
and that's exactly the ida i had in mind  8)

just give me a couple of hours, i need to finish the sprites as well as the additional tiles i made for that section in particular.
Oh okey ^^
Additional tiles? very well then, I can see what you have planned out =D If I like some tiles then I will use them if its ok ^^
Also I will change the mid-boss room a little bit in some areas if needed in your update =)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 10:40:04 PM
Is Fool Man gonna have a enemy like that walking Chest from Megaman Legends 2?

Offline hfbn2

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:02 PM
Is Fool Man gonna have a enemy like that walking Chest from Megaman Legends 2?
I havent played Megaman Legends 2 so I dont know.
You could send a pic of the enmy if you want to

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 11:06:24 PM
I havent played Megaman Legends 2 so I dont know.
You could send a pic of the enmy if you want to

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mimic

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 12:24:51 AM
hfbn2, i sent you a PM

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 02:01:13 AM
Im seeing this game on youtube...

(No comments more than 24 cookies) :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

(now i'm inspired) THE MUSIC AND STAGES ARE AWESOMES!!!  :3

you should post the videos links on the top AND ALSO:

Eyebrows are evil xD  
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mimic

No, he doesn't. He seems to be a box toy :3 you can see him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mtGHURj4c&feature=related

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT