• View Profile

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 03:41:25 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  8)

Note, there is no SMAS Wii yet. And its almost the same as the Euro bundle minus the Original DK (As in Arcade version? Thats the only thing that would make sense.)

Also, there is a Red DSi XL Bundle with Mario Kart DS and some pre-installed DSiWare. Couldn't tell from the box.

EDIT: Its Two Brain-Age programs and Photo Clock....

No Mario vs. DK? That makes more sense than Brain Age.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #52 on: October 22, 2010, 04:13:53 AM
IIRC, two Brain Age and a Photo Clock are the standard "pre-installed" programs on the XL's here.

Red bundle is nice, but I *STILL* want my frikkin' U.S. All-Stars with soundtrack...

Also, since we're seemingly tackling all Mario anniversary stuff, Club Nintendo updated with Mario pins and fans (fans already sold out).

As one should expect, I'm getting the pin with Yoshi on it. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #53 on: October 22, 2010, 04:19:59 AM
Super Mario Collection on Wii is exactly the same as the SFC/SNES version, no changes at all.

The game is 16 MB big, it doesn't load a Wii Health or Wii Remote Usage screen (It does let you go into the Home menu tho), and goes right to the Mario Coin logo, All Stars Title and Game Select screen. Sometimes, the controls will stop working in a split second (maybe because of wireless signal), so sometimes, Mario will move automatically in a direction and he will accidentally fall down a hole. Use a wired controller to make sure the game recognize all your inputs.

Other than that, it's still the same All Stars we know and love.
You decide if it's worth the $50 dollar price tag on Play Asia tho. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 22, 2010, 07:18:21 AM
(fans already sold out).

They did? Damn, that was quick. Good thing I bought them when I did!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 04:08:03 AM
NoA *FINALLY* announced this thing (IGN page here), releasing for 30 bucks on December 12th.  And yes, hell froze over and they're including the soundtrack.  Plus art booklet. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 04:09:23 AM
NoA *FINALLY* announced this thing (IGN page here), releasing for 30 bucks on December 12th.  And yes, hell froze over and they're including the soundtrack.  Plus art booklet. 8)

30 Bucks? Thats a [tornado fang]ing Steal.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 04:14:05 AM
It's well worth it IMHO, but I don't know that I'd call it a "steal".  In VC form all four NES titles run you 20 total (and I've already got half of 'em: SMB1 and Lost Levels).  Then again, as I've said before there are definite advantages to each format (man, I miss that All-Stars Bowser music), and 10 extra dollars for having it on a physical disc (as in owning and not that "licensed to play" bullshit) with included bonus materials is pretty darn good.

Oh, and on the topic of Mario celebration stuff, I got an e-mail today that the 2010 Elite Status Club Nintendo Rewards are now shipping!  So I'll have me an awesome figurine of Mario and co. real soon. 8)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 03:04:09 PM
Oh, and on the topic of Mario celebration stuff, I got an e-mail today that the 2010 Elite Status Club Nintendo Rewards are now shipping!  So I'll have me an awesome figurine of Mario and co. real soon. 8)

Yeah, got that too. I personally wonder when I'll be getting mine... and if it'll arrive undamaged.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 04:21:35 PM
Yeah, got that too. I personally wonder when I'll be getting mine... and if it'll arrive undamaged.
My favorite reward is chocolate, Mac!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:51 PM
I GOT MY NINTENDO FAN TODAY! HURRAY!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 30, 2010, 05:33:12 AM
Super Mario Collection on Wii is exactly the same as the SFC/SNES version, no changes at all.

The game is 16 MB big, it doesn't load a Wii Health or Wii Remote Usage screen (It does let you go into the Home menu tho), and goes right to the Mario Coin logo, All Stars Title and Game Select screen. Sometimes, the controls will stop working in a split second (maybe because of wireless signal), so sometimes, Mario will move automatically in a direction and he will accidentally fall down a hole. Use a wired controller to make sure the game recognize all your inputs.

Other than that, it's still the same All Stars we know and love.
You decide if it's worth the $50 dollar price tag on Play Asia tho. ^^;

I only have something to say to Current Nintendo

[tornado fang] you, No thanks  B(

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:20 PM
If Vix's post told it all then I might agree.  But knock 20 bucks off for the actual US release and throw in the soundtrack and artbook?  That's worth it for me.  If only the U.S. Club Nintendo would put up that damn SFC Classic Controller...

My only concern is that, with no World in the collection, the art book will most likely suffer a lack of Yoshi.  But oh well.

Posted on: October 30, 2010, 08:29:25 AM
Major bump, but this may be worth it for some:

Following the ludicrously fast sell-out of All-Stars in the US, it was oft-reported that Nintendo was "considering" a reprint.  Toys R Us is seemingly confirming this: they're taking pre-orders for All-Stars with a March 13th ship date.

If you missed the 6 hours or so that the game was readily available in mid-December, say because you were trying to come up with reasonably priced Christmas gift ideas for people who failed to heed them (it sucks having a non-gaming family sometimes), then you might want to check it out.

eBay sharks and their victims are already throwing a shitstorm.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: February 13, 2011, 10:58:10 PM
I'm still hard pressed to throw down $30 for what amounts to an emulator shell with a rom on a DVD.

Yeah, resell value, sure, but in terms of gaming, the version of it with Mario World is sitting on my Wii's SD card. The soundtrack and book just didn't seem worth it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: February 13, 2011, 11:13:28 PM
The book is really nice!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:37 AM
I'll confirm that in March, but I'm willing to take PB's word on it.

I'm still hard pressed to throw down $30 for what amounts to an emulator shell with a rom on a DVD.

Yeah, resell value, sure, but in terms of gaming, the version of it with Mario World is sitting on my Wii's SD card. The soundtrack and book just didn't seem worth it.
Well, it's a valid point.  I try to play by Big N's rules whenever possible, though I'm not above SNES9Xing when it isn't (ActRaiser 2, Joe & Mac, Star Fox...).

I look at it this way: All four games on Virtual Console total $20.  So, an extra $10 for the box, the bells and whistles, a little less SD hassle (and no I'm not referring to HBC, but rather to the Wii's craptacular storage limit) and dodging the whole "licensed to play" bullshit for anyone who pays attention to that.  It's worth it to me, even if the collection could have stood to be a bit fuller.

As for World, 'tis a shame, and there really is no excuse, but I still have it on GBA, where I can play as Luigi without having to kill Mario (though possibly killing Yoshi due to bulimia).