Super Mario Collection (aka Allstars) slated to return soon

HokutoNoBen · 11100

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 10:57:21 PM
The difference being that one never really required money as a DIRECT means and was still a bonus for all purposes, had four games that were never packed in together, two of them being from the last generation of consoles, which is quite different from what is technically, and for all intents and purposes, a WII PORT OF A SINGLE. SNES. GAME.

I'm going to agree with Ben on this one, as its mainly to get people who played NSMBWii who liked it to play more of the same without having to go to an older console or use the Virtual Console.

But I would like to say this.

The reason its just the SNES Enhanced Versions of the original NES Games that were on the SNES Cartridge is this.

Its a bloody tease.

Nintendo won't just go and say "Hey, why not re-release Super Mario All-Stars, and add all the Original Mario games up to the N64?"

They wouldn't do it, they would be losing possible Virtual Console Sales.

Its Business, but this isn't a great idea (Save the soundtrack and book, that I like.)

Even though... To be honest I would like a massive compliation of the Mario games up to Super Mario 64. With options for 1-3 +USA for either original NES or SNES Enhanced (Or GBA Enhanced?). Less hassle of plugging in old systems or wasting Wii space with games I own already. Hell, including the Mario Kart and Mario Party games would be pretty sweet too. But again, Nintendo just won't do that when they have the VC to get sales from.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 10:58:39 PM
Except the port (of games that buying them on the VC would still be around what you're paying for this, and you know they'd never upload All Stars because of that) is not the only thing you're paying for.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 11:05:04 PM
I already mentioned that. But I'm just saying its a terrible idea to release a 16 year old Compliation with no bells or whistles.

I would pay that much for just the Soundtrack and Book though, the game, in all intents and purposes. Is the true extra.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 11:05:49 PM
The difference being that one never really required money as a DIRECT means and was still a bonus for all purposes, had four games that were never packed in together, two of them being from the last generation of consoles, which is quite different from what is technically, and for all intents and purposes, a WII PORT OF A SINGLE. SNES. GAME.

Money is still money. You can't escape that much, no matter how much you try. 8D

And again, you're still ignoring the issue that states that these are still 4 complete games that we're talking about here, the media that they were shipped on notwithstanding. If they were good enough for Nintendo to split up and market on the GBA for a generation, they're good enough to be "recompiled" and put back on a single disc again.

Furthermore, if this really is not your thing, then of course, no one is making you buy it. It's serving its purpose of being a novelty aimed at collectors and a new generation of Mario fans, plus a few nice extras. That's all there is to it. 8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 11:06:51 PM
@Kallen: We were posting at the same time. Agreed with the second part of your post btw.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 11:14:41 PM
Money is still money. You can't escape that much, no matter how much you try. 8D

And again, you're still ignoring the issue that states that these are still 4 complete games that we're talking about here, the media that they were shipped on notwithstanding. If they were good enough for Nintendo to split up and market on the GBA for a generation, they're good enough to be "recompiled" and put back on a single disc again.

Furthermore, if this really is not your thing, then of course, no one is making you buy it. It's serving its purpose of being a novelty aimed at collectors and a new generation of Mario fans, plus a few nice extras. That's all there is to it. 8D
It doesn't make it any less of a [tornado fang]ing ripoff. But I should expect anything from Nintendo from now on.

...seriously, if they re-released each and every single VC game in disc format, without any changes, and had us pay 20 bucks for each, I still wouldn't be surprised. It's Nintendo. The current Nintendo pretty much strives on re-releasing the past.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 01:12:24 AM
It doesn't make it any less of a [tornado fang]ing ripoff. But I should expect anything from Nintendo from now on.

...seriously, if they re-released each and every single VC game in disc format, without any changes, and had us pay 20 bucks for each, I still wouldn't be surprised. It's Nintendo. The current Nintendo pretty much strives on re-releasing the past.

Huh?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 01:26:48 AM
@Kallen: We were posting at the same time. Agreed with the second part of your post btw.

Oh silly me.

Classic NES Series on the GBA. why play Metroid on your copy of Zero Mission when you can have a seperate copy for $20 more?

Though to be honest it was a nice idea, wouldn't pay more than $10 for a single 80's game re-released for a portable console though.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 01:31:02 AM
Though to be honest it was a nice idea, wouldn't pay more than $10 for a single 80's game re-released for a portable console though.

Ha.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Sorry, that was too funny. My gamestop sells those for what? 5 bucks used? I was more than happy to buy an NES game in a GBA cartridge because I didin't want to pay an arm and a leg for an origional copy of the game. Plus I got Zero Mission (litterally) on christmas, so it's a two-in-one christmas present.  8D

With that said, let's see how this deal goes..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 01:41:19 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but, the reason why Super Mario World is absent from this collection is because I'm pretty sure that editions of Super Mario All Stars featuring Super Mario World were never present in Japan in the first place. It was always just the four games.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:03 AM
Ha.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Sorry, that was too funny. My gamestop sells those for what? 5 bucks used? I was more than happy to buy an NES game in a GBA cartridge because I didin't want to pay an arm and a leg for an original copy of the game. Plus I got Zero Mission (literally) on christmas, so it's a two-in-one christmas present.  8D

With that said, let's see how this deal goes..
They were more expensive when they were first coming out.

...they're still THAT expensive now over here.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 02:10:18 AM
SUIKA is right. I own the Japanese cart myself and it doesn't have World in it. The English versions was re-released with World inside them tho, plus there was a bundle where the SMAS+World cart was sold together with a SNES system.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 02:18:05 AM
SUIKA is right. I own the Japanese cart myself and it doesn't have World in it. The English versions was re-released with World inside them tho, plus there was a bundle where the SMAS+World cart was sold together with a SNES system.

I think that was the only release of the SMAS+World Bundle in the US. I think (Maybe) It was sold seperately in PAL Regions.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 03:24:24 AM
I only know of the +World package from certain unmentionable archives.  My brother and I just had the SMB1-3/Lost Levels shpiel.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if NoA relegated this package (or just the game disc) as a Club Nintendo exclusive.  
Game disc + artwork, I'd expect.  We all *WISH* NoA would put soundtracks on Club Nintendo.... O:<

Well, with all due respect, what was to be expected for like 2500 JPY as the asking price? This is basically as much in the way of a "budget pack cash in" as the Zelda Collector's disc for GC years ago, with the only real difference being that (at least for the JP side), you can't opt to just send in points/proof of purchase to redeem for the package deal; you actually have to pay out of pocket this time.

To me, the only sad thing is that this isn't the "+World" package, and apparently Yoshi's Island doesn't "count" enough as a Mario game to even be considered for such a thing like this.
I gotta agree with Ben here.  That World and Yoshi's Island aren't making the cut is sad (and why shouldn't YI "count", if it counted for the SMA series?).  The four NES titles may be found on the VC for $20 total.  Yeah, the collectible materials are nice, but one would expect a "collection" to be a bit more of a bargain.  And since the collection really is a simple SNES emulation, one or two titles to "complete" the collection shouldn't have been all that much to ask.  I'm not going to get greedy and go for N64, spinoffs, etc., but even just sticking strictly to the 2D Mario platforming mold, they could have stood to sweeten the deal.

But, it's a spiffy bundle, so surely somebody will like it.  And yes, I too will probably pay that much for the soundtrack alone if hell freezes over and NoA releases it here.  And as cheap as it is, I am in a way glad that the All-Stars versions of SMB1/Lost Levels are getting a nod again.  There are certain ups and downs to each format (small fire trick VS new Bowser BGMs, tough choice).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 05:29:57 AM
new Bowser BGMs

0v0 I used to just hang around in front of Bowser to hear that music.

I think that was the only release of the SMAS+World Bundle in the US. I think (Maybe) It was sold seperately in PAL Regions.

I was living in the UK when I got the bundle as a childhood birthday present. Not sure about it also being available separately though.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 06:24:46 AM
I'm not sure either, though I'm pretty sure it was a pack in only. In which case thats a sweet deal since its 5 games for free with the console.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 07:26:28 AM

If there's one thing you can say about Ninty, it's that they're smart. They KNOW the value of their backlog, which is something that not all of the various companies out there can say. That's why you're never going to see anything like what happened with "Animal Crossing" (GC) last generation, ever again. And on the other hand, that's why they're going to be able to get away with re-releasing/remaking Star Fox 64 on the 3DS some time in the near future. 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 11:12:09 AM
If there's one thing you can say about Ninty, it's that they're smart. They KNOW the value of their backlog, which is something that not all of the various companies out there can say. That's why you're never going to see anything like what happened with "Animal Crossing" (GC) last generation, ever again. And on the other hand, that's why they're going to be able to get away with re-releasing/remaking Star Fox 64 on the 3DS some time in the near future. 8D
They can get away with lots and lots of [parasitic bomb]. Few changes to new games with rare price raises. Kinda thinking they're adopting the business practices of the "not-so-long-ago EA".

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 15, 2010, 12:13:11 PM

I remember getting that SNES bundle.  It was awesome and I still have the cartridge and snes to this day  owo

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 04:22:23 AM
Why is Japan the only one getting its mitts on this treasure?  >8|

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 06:09:21 PM
Why is Japan the only one getting its mitts on this treasure?  >8|

Specifically? Possibly because it's technically only the 25th Anniversary of the franchise in Japan. America didn't get their turn at Mario until like around March of the following year.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 24, 2010, 12:43:54 AM
So maybe next year then.

If it gets a US release, then awesome.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:32 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 12:47:34 AM
Nintendo soundtracks in an english-speaking territory?  INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Here's hoping NoA gets on the ball.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 05:22:16 AM
Bit late, but...

A $5 rom wouldn't come with the soundtrack of all Mario games + artbook though. Or the awesome package.

Neither would a US release.  8D

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.