Black-less

Cpie · 10597

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
on: September 03, 2009, 07:09:57 PM
"Prior to its release in North America, 1UP blogger Alejandro Quan-Madrid equated the Moja characters in LocoRoco to blackface, and citing the game as an example of "institutionalized racism that needs calling out".[29][30] Quad-Madrid and 1UP reporter Jemery Parish noted that the Japanese culture does not have the same racial population as western countries like the United States, and as such, blackface or other similar representations of black persons are taken for granted in that country, and localization usually handles such issues.[31] Quad-Madrid called on Sony to make a simple color change to the Moja, similar to what Capcom had done for the character of Oilman in Mega Man Powered Up.[29]"

Wow, looks like you can't use black on anything anymore.

Geez, this is so dumb.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:26:15 PM
Looks like Sgt. Jhonson's getting a tan this year.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:46:07 PM
jynx.jpg

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:02:03 PM
lol black people

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:23:25 PM
Wow, that's frigging retarded. I really hate hypersensitivity sometimes.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 08:40:35 PM
Game makers can't make an ambiguous black shape with a face without being called racist; however, gangsta rap can directly call all black people gun-toting, gangster thugs that hate the government and nobody thinks it's racist. Where's the justice here? Just because something is done by a black person doesn't mean it isn't racist against black people. Gangsta rap has got to be one of the most racist things of the last ten years and people have the gaul to call it progressive for the black community.

If the Moja is racist, then black comedy is flat-out offensive--since it's all about how racist black people are. That's right, it's mainly about how racist black people are, not white people. This mentality that everything black people make can't be racist needs to change. And all this over-sensitivity about stupid things like Moja needs to end.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 08:55:56 PM
Wow...that's pathetic.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:32 PM
lol niggers BLACK PEOPLE.

They are almost as bad as furries with their cries of "THAT'S RACIST!". Except, furries shout "FURSECUTION!"

It's like they can't see the fact that they are also racist towards white people.

How did that song go?

"EVERYBODY IS A LITTLE BIT RACIST!"

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 09:04:10 PM
[spoiler= rant.]Its not just hypersensitivity, its ABUSE. most people KNOW that if they play the racism card, they'll get whatever thy want, because of the fact that anyone so much of accused of racism, can get into serious trouble, and possibly have their life destroyed.
this is especially so in the black community. being as, if a white person insults a black person with racial slurs, he gets in serious legal trouble. Yet if a Black person insults a white person with racial slurs, nothing happens. its all okay. And in fact, is often in some gangsta raps. whereas any song sung by a white singer, that has black racism, will be prosecuted.

So... whenever something like this pops up the race card gets IMMEDIATELY played.

which Is why I dont think the US is truly a racially equal or whatever it is they call it country. Because, Racism is ALWAYS there. in fact, there is a certain reverend, who ALWAYS cites that it is racism, when something happens to a black man and a white man was involved. like that accidental shooting of that off duty cop. Guy saw someone breaking into his car, and naturally, pupped out his weapon. the other guy ran, and since he wasnt wearing his uniform, what was the other officer supposed to think? Given, he shot first and asked questions later, but it wasnt a racial matter... but "Oh no, it was racism!"

In my opinion, ANYONE who throws around the accusation of racism, IS the real racist. Otherwise they wouldnt so much as bat an eyelid.

and unfortunately, the way a friend of mine put it once, "EVERYONE is a little bit racist."[/End rant][/spoiler]

Okay Im done.

Posted on: September 03, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
lol niggers BLACK PEOPLE.

They are almost as bad as furries with their cries of "THAT'S RACIST!". Except, furries shout "FURSECUTION!"

It's like they can't see the fact that they are also racist towards white people.

How did that song go?

"EVERYBODY IS A LITTLE BIT RACIST!"
Except Furries are often worse, likening themselves to the Holocaust. >.>;

also, took the words right outta my post. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 09:10:54 PM
Oh boy, this one's gonna get lively. I'm keeping an eye on the posting now.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 09:17:26 PM
Of course, just so I won't be misunderstood.

I don't think all black people are racist, or that they are bad or something. I just think that many of them are using THAT CERTAIN THING that happenned to them during THAT CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME, as excuse now to just scream "RACIST" at everyone and everything.
Even tough, none of them actually experienced THAT.

Sure, white people can be real racist dicks, but it does not mean that everything a WHITE MAN does, is actually some sort of racist thing.

Tough on the other hand, when I look at japanese people. I think that THOSE GUYS are what true RACIST is made of. BAKA GAIJIN, etc.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 09:22:30 PM
Hitomi is indeed racist indeed /sarcasm.

I guess Inafune, Kojima too and vice versa   8D

kidding.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 09:25:32 PM

I don't think all black people are racist, or that they are bad or something. I just think that many of them are using THAT CERTAIN THING that happenned to them during THAT CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME, as excuse now to just scream "RACIST" at everyone and everything.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. *nods head with arms crossed.*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:22 PM
There are two types of racism:

Negative racism, the well known version, and positive racism. Positive racism causes you to prefer minorities, and grant them unfair advantages because they are part of a certain ethnicity. Which ultimately makes it bad racism too, as it's anatyhing BUT equality that everyone tells everyone else to strive for. In true equality everyone can make jokes about anything without pissing someone off. And you see... we're still far away from that.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:58 PM

Sure, white people can be real racist dicks, but it does not mean that everything a WHITE MAN does, is actually some sort of racist thing.

Tough on the other hand, when I look at japanese people. I think that THOSE GUYS are what true RACIST is made of. BAKA GAIJIN, etc.

Negative racism, the well known version, and positive racism. Positive racism causes you to prefer minorities, and grant them unfair advantages because they are part of a certain ethnicity. Which ultimately makes it bad racism too, as it's anatyhing BUT equality that everyone tells everyone else to strive for. In true equality everyone can make jokes about anything without pissing someone off. And you see... we're still far away from that.

I don't know why I can't seem to do one of my insightful posts for this thread, but the two of you are doing a pretty good job with these two posts. Thanks.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

etc.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:49:03 PM

yknow, when I was in robotics... We were truly cool about race. As in, It doesnt really matter what race you are, we'll joke about it anyway.
I mean, we were,m maybe 3 white people, 2 black people, 1 muslim Arab kid who apparently did not know robotics was against his religion. (he found out his senior year after almost 4 years of robotics.) a Ginger, an indian kid, and a hispanic kid.
we made SOOOO many racial jokes while  in our robotics room. And no one was ever offended. In fact, we just laughed harder.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 09:55:44 PM
See? That's what should be happening. Instead, people are too hung up on the past and quick to put it in everyone else's heads that their actions are wrong & genuinely racist which only leads to more trouble. The genuinely racist ones can be easily spotted among a group without much difficulty if you have enough experience with people, but those that are speaking tongue in cheek should never have to deal with that bullshit.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 09:57:50 PM

sup

A million times this. God, I [tornado fang]ing hate positive discrimination. It happens with races, it happens with gender, it happens with religions, it happens with languages. I'm tired of random people getting free stuff out of public organizations just because they act special and butthurt about the past while claiming it's for equality and getting away with the contradiction.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 10:14:19 PM
oh hi.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 10:23:37 PM
a Ginger

Apparently we have no souls.
And we're evil.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 01:22:22 AM
Well that's what he said.

Where does that come from? :\

Oh, and BTW, did I mention the Muslim kid was the captain of the Robotics team his senior year? 8D

where near the end of the year, he came out with.

"Oh, haha... Apparently, Robotics is against my religion."

to which me and Ginger laughed, as how the hell does he not KNOW that, and how the hell is it his parents only just found out.

but thats for another topic.

so yeah, Oilman.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 01:47:41 AM
oh hi.
Wait, you're a...
OH SHIIIIIIII-

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 01:55:04 AM
Bloggers have to take extreme positions on the subjects they write about, otherwise no one would care about them, because they're bloggers.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:38 AM
Well that's what he said.

Where does that come from? :\

Oh, and BTW, did I mention the Muslim kid was the captain of the Robotics team his senior year? 8D

where near the end of the year, he came out with.

"Oh, haha... Apparently, Robotics is against my religion."

to which me and Ginger laughed, as how the hell does he not KNOW that, and how the hell is it his parents only just found out.

but thats for another topic.

so yeah, Oilman.
Religion stands in the way of progress once again!