Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261842

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That's my problem.  The obstacle is in no way difficult, but it absolutely requires prior knowledge, and is not the only obstacle in MM9 to do so.  To me that's bad level design.  The whole stunt comes off as blind-siding.  You'll never react in time if you don't already know to look for it.

Classic is known for throwing a few "stay sharp" scenarios at you but generally leaves you with far more realistic odds for reaction time than 9 did; ie: the first spike-drop you have to avoid in Splash Woman's stage is twice as wide as comparable traps in 2 and 3, which does not leave you enough time to evade it unless you already know it's there.  Further, they are the first spikes you see in the stage, appearing utterly without warning.  Such cheap tricks make the game feel less like MegaMan and more like I Wanna Be The Guy.
Funnily enough, I found MM9 ridiculously easy compared to pretty much all of the 8-bit titles. XD But I dunno, as far as I've seen, it's only my opinion. I'm the wierd one here. I'm far from any kind of expert on Megaman, I just played a few games and found some fun.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
You're not alone, honestly, I feel 9's difficulty is overrated, even the supposedly cheap stuff like the spikes in Splashwoman's stage never seemed like much to me. Hero and Superhero mode however...

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
You're not alone, honestly, I feel 9's difficulty is overrated, even the supposedly cheap stuff like the spikes in Splashwoman's stage never seemed like much to me. Hero and Superhero mode however...
To be BRUTALLY honest, I actually find 9 the one Megaman game I had the most fun with. Heck, it was the game that made me go "Hey, Megaman is pretty good." =P I still abhore the fact that Wily levels still don't have saves in-between them.

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
To be BRUTALLY honest, I actually find 9 the one Megaman game I had the most fun with. Heck, it was the game that made me go "Hey, Megaman is pretty good." =P I still abhore the fact that Wily levels still don't have saves in-between them.
I don't mind it too much, albeit it can be annoying when I want to take a break and don't want to leave my console on. It's rare for me to want to take a break from those awesome levels which generally have kickass music and bosses, though.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Dunno if this has been posted yet or if this is the right place to put it but...
I'll jus put it here

http://japan.gamespot.com/videos/story/0,3800076101,20415519,00.htm

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Dunno if this has been posted yet or if this is the right place to put it but...
I'll jus put it here

Looks good. But HOW DOES IT FIT IN THE TIMELINE?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
If ZX3 has the gameplay of Metal Slug, Gunstar Heroes or Contra, I'll get it.
As I've said, seeing as there are tons of different opinions and analyses, we'll just have to wait and see.
I don't want models or powerups that give me basic things. I want a game with an actual GAMEPLAY that lets me do crazy [parasitic bomb] and gives me more freedom. Megaman's a dude with a gun in his hand. He should be able to move better.
How would you feel about a Front Mission: Gun Hazard style upgrade/weapon system?

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Looks good. But HOW DOES IT FIT IN THE TIMELINE?

Probably the easiest place to fit it would be after RE5 I would think o.o  He never mentioned anything about having an evil twin in 5 >w<
Also, looks like there is another spencer mansion replica on that ship ^^;;

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'll jus put it here

dem grafix sure is purdy.

seriously, besides the amount of poly's and certain shading, it looks pretty much like RE5. at least from a distance.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
It is for certain wonderful that we get a new and much better NDS, but I would be more delighted, if we get the option to play those 3DS and earlier NDS games on a TV with the Wii.
We got Super Gameboy 1, Super Gameboy 2 and the Gameboy Player. So where is the next one in line?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
It is for certain wonderful that we get a new and much better NDS, but I would be more delighted, if we get the option to play those 3DS and earlier NDS games on a TV with the Wii.
We got Super Gameboy 1, Super Gameboy 2 and the Gameboy Player. So where is the next one in line?

Pay for the game again on Virtual Console.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
How would you feel about a Front Mission: Gun Hazard style upgrade/weapon system?
I'd feel, um...

...what's Front Mission: Gun Hazard?

Also, I voiced my opinion about the GAMEPLAY. If the core gameplay is limited, upgrades normally don't do alot to change it. And having an upgrade for stuff like ducking or pointing your weapon is stupid.

Probably the easiest place to fit it would be after RE5 I would think o.o  He never mentioned anything about having an evil twin in 5 >w<
Also, looks like there is another spencer mansion replica on that ship ^^;;
Blame it on bad montage.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Front Mission: Gun Hazard.
A number of cool things in it, but really gets on my tits because of how essentially impossible it is to get through a mission unharmed, even though that's just part of how it plays. I'm too used to going for S-rank in MMZ...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Front Mission: Gun Hazard.
A number of cool things in it, but really gets on my tits because of how essentially impossible it is to get through a mission unharmed, even though that's just part of how it plays. I'm too used to going for S-rank in MMZ...
So the upgrade system changes it alot?

Because I don't think any upgrade system can dramatically completely change a game's gameplay, at least the way I meant.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
The upgrade system can change a great deal of things, but you start out with like 16-directional aiming and jump jets. Video might not show it off too great, but it's worth a gander.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The upgrade system can change a great deal of things, but you start out with like 16-directional aiming and jump jets. Video might not show it off too great, but it's worth a gander.
See, those are good things to start with.Only being able to shoot forward is kinda lame when your game is all super well-looking.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Iwata - 3DS video chat is possible, price/launch details soon
As the commentators on that article said (and this was the first thing to come to my mind), doing the chat in 3D is not possible with the E3 3DS model due to there being only one camera on the console's inside.  However, I do recall hearing somewhere that the E3 model was not final (I personally am hoping that they add a DS-style microphone jack, because I like to voice chat with a headset rather than concerning myself with what part of the system I'm speaking to).

Oh well, I could care less about video chat.  My main chat-concern is during gameplay.  And it's something that's been technologically possible on the DS since launch; so that's a matter of Nintendo's policies.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be surprised if the headphone jack was a 4 ring style that accepts stereo out+mic.

I remember that you don't start with the jets, but you can buy a basic model early on. Later you can buy, not just better, but jump jets with different essential functions(e.g. hover. extra jump).  More use results in level ups. I think the exp system also applies to dash and weapons.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
What is that thing on the second picture?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
It looks like a game case.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
CHARGING BAY? 0v0 *shits a steel I-beam*

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
CHARGING BAY? 0v0 *shits a steel I-beam*
I'm not really familiar with charging bays, does that mean you can charge it without having to plug it into an outlet?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection