"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2815265

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #18250 on: December 19, 2012, 08:12:57 PM
I get sick on five cups of coffee instead of the usual eight because I decided to use condensed milk as the creamer, and I decide to drink Perrier to make myself feel better, and now I feel shitty.

I hate my life.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #18251 on: December 20, 2012, 03:55:49 AM
"I have no idea why I'm so happy lately and recently I notice I'm actually becoming more social.  Must be college or something."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #18252 on: December 20, 2012, 04:37:47 AM
*almost forgot what college and school is because she's getting too old to remember and has a job instead* '>.>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #18253 on: December 20, 2012, 05:17:06 AM
Looking forward to next week... really need the week off.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18254 on: December 20, 2012, 05:25:16 AM
I'm sure my brother is the same way, he has finals this week and his UPS job is getting busy cause of the holidays.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #18255 on: December 20, 2012, 05:42:49 AM
*wishing I could get a job here and getting ZOE HD Collection on Christmas morning*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18256 on: December 20, 2012, 05:47:05 AM
Yeah that's on my list too, along with Pokemon White 2 and Okami HD, then after Christmas I have to start filling up the PS3 library with the other games I have on the list I made.  The PS3 came with Uncharted 3 but I don't know if I want to play that, my brother probably can until he moves out of the house after New Years.  I only got it because it was part of the bundle. 

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18257 on: December 20, 2012, 05:51:50 AM
Yeah that's on my list too, along with Pokemon White 2 and Okami HD, then after Christmas I have to start filling up the PS3 library with the other games I have on the list I made.  The PS3 came with Uncharted 3 but I don't know if I want to play that, my brother probably can until he moves out of the house after New Years.  I only got it because it was part of the bundle. 
Play it, I hear it's amazing, and it's written by the woman who wrote LOK series.
I was meaning to obtain this game too for mah ps3 (and all other parts of it too), but first thing first, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed... AKA Superior Game to Mario Kart.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18258 on: December 20, 2012, 05:57:58 AM
Exactly what kind of game is it, I'm not really familiar with the series in the first place.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18259 on: December 20, 2012, 05:59:22 AM
If only we could get repairing the new house I'm moving to done sooner, maybe money and getting a job wouldn't be such a pain in the arse. I've doujin games to import, artbooks I want to collect, and hopefully a friggin' PC of my own. I wanna get into more Ace Attorney and a bit of visuals novels too. God knowing how much I've neglectled Katawa Shoujo since I started it.
And by the way DiamondTiaraBros., I'm still gonna be a Jersey-boy.

-EDIT-
Sonic All-Star Racing or Okami, Sakura?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18260 on: December 20, 2012, 06:11:32 AM
Uncharted 3, I never was really that interested in Western games.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18261 on: December 20, 2012, 06:21:40 AM
Uncharted 3, I never was really that interested in Western games.
Well...
If you're not intersted in western games (which is a shame, because there's a lot of really great ones. Like LOK for one) then you're not gonna like this, I guess.
It's kinda like... hmm... let's call it an adventure game where you have to climb [parasitic bomb], jump on [parasitic bomb], escape from [parasitic bomb] and occasionally fight and maybe shoot some [parasitic bomb].
I'm not that familiar with it myself, since I never played it and I avoid spoilers, but... well, that's the impression I got from watching various gameplays once upon a time.
To me it looked amazing, to you. I dunno. Watch some gameplays on YT, and see if it interests you. I'm not going to force you... but since you already have the game, why not try it out at least?

But you should seriously check out Legacy of Kain series, it's vampires written by a woman DONE RIGHT. No, in fact, anybody who's unfamiliar with LOK should check it out. SERIOUSLY.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18262 on: December 20, 2012, 06:43:57 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Darksiders isn't a bad game Western-made game too (especially if you like Legend of Zelda-styled adventure games), but I've played a little bit of the first game and starting on the second on my older brother's PS3 (when he's at work and if I'm not playing my 360).

I guess can get into Legacy of Kain too, if I can find it on PC or emulate it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18263 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:46 AM
I might try it then maybe, it's just that I never really played western games because I only had a Wii, PS2, and all incarnations of Nintendo handhelds and past Nintendo consoles.  

I'm a RPG nut but I want to expand my horizons a bit.  I wouldn't say that I'm not exactly interested in Western games but rather I never had experience with them other than Halo or other FPS games due to the fact that well I didn't know a lot of people who showed me those games and when I go to other friends houses and they played video games it was always Smash Bros, Fighting Games, and Halo.  I can say I don't really like FPS's or games like Resident Evil, I just find it boring.  I'm not a graphics whore per-say, but when I see a game that has dull colors and very little lighting I kinda get turned off from it.  I may try the DMC games they look very interesting to me and Shadow of the Colossus looks interesting as well.

I know my brother probably has those kinds of games somewhere but I don't really see him play them because he got them when he was in college and not living at home.

The reason I'm so into video games today was because of my brother, we had a SNES when we were little and it was the [parasitic bomb].  I loved watching him play games so much, that's why I love watching LPs so much it's part of my childhood.  My brother would play A Link to the Past, Mario All Stars, Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star when we borrowed it, and I especially loved Megaman X. We also had a computer at home and we had some games like Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic CD, Sonic 3D Blast, and Final Fantasy 7.  Then when I was in 4th grade my brother discovered Emulators and we were exposed to the Snes era Final Fantasies and other games such as the Lufia games, Chrono Trigger, and Seiken Densetsu 3.

Thing is when we had those consoles our library was never that big between all the Nintendo consoles and the computers we had at home weren't the best.  Not to mention I suck hard at platformers and 3D games in general so I always kept to my handheld games, I pretty much was only playing handheld games.  It wasn't until I got a PSP and played God Eater Burst in my last year of High School that I wanted to expand my horizons.  I wasn't really able to do that in my first year of college since I was in a dorm and I wasn't very comfortable with using my roommate's TV or bringing my consoles with me.  I pretty much spent my time watching Youtube for some reason other than playing games.  But now I want to play games again both the old ones I missed and the new ones I want to try.  

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18264 on: December 20, 2012, 06:57:54 AM
I guess can get into Legacy of Kain too, if I can find it on PC or emulate it.
The series, well most of it, is available on Steam now.
And one word of warning, I think the original LOK game is not present, so I think you should just either emulate the PSX version (be prepared though, the gameplay is quite dated and different from rest of the series) or watch some kind olaythrough which includes all dialogue and cutscenes.
Because, well, voice acting and the story all worth playing these games alone.

Oh, and you can play Blood Omen 2 after the entire series, if you ever make it that far. It's technically not canon, because from what I know and remember, it contradicts the storyline quite a bit, while some elements of it are canonical. Plus, It was kinda weak IMO.

Sakura: Well... I see. It's good to be expanding your horizons in vidya department. I suggest simply suggest trying all the various different games, be it western or not.
And since you like JRPG's, I suggest you check out the "Tales of" series if you haven't already. PS3 has Tales of Graces F and soon Tales of Xillia. Those two are in english too (Or in the case of Xillia, it will be in english... or is it already? I'm behind a bit with the news).

They're colorful and stuff. Plus, they have nice battle systems.

And since we are on the subject of trying out. NiGHTs Into Dreams is now available on PC, PS3 and XBAWKS. Everyone go and play it!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18265 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:28 AM
Yeah Tales of Graces and Xillia, when it comes out, is definitely on my list.  The only Tales games we had before was Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia for the GBA.  I tried playing Tales of Phantasia GBA version, but the SNES version is definitely superior and Symphonia is just too big for me, but it is a Tales game so yeah.  I recently got Tales of Legendia and I like it, I was laughing my ass off in the first 30 mins.  I definitely want to get the other ones as well, though I may have to skip Vesperia unfortunately since I don't have a 360 and I don't think I'm really interested in getting one anytime soon.  I don't think I would find much with the 360 that I would like.  

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18266 on: December 20, 2012, 07:51:28 AM
"What the funk, this thread exploded while I wasn't looking, again."

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18267 on: December 20, 2012, 07:51:48 AM
@Sakura: My exposure to video games was also because of my (older) brother. ^^ Although my case it was with his PS1. Mega Man X4 (yes, go ahead and laugh at this point), Final Fantasy VII (laugh here too if you want), Parasite Eve (and to this day, I still like the first one over FF7, not that I hate it either), Crash Bandicoot (though I only watched it; never played any of the games before), Breath of Fire III (also a personal fav), RayStorm (although only from the demo that came with some PS1s, but nonetheless the first and memorable exposure to a shooter), Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (most for the music, I suck at that game and getting Star Chips for stronger cards were a big "screw you" for me) and some others I might of forgotten since I feel like a dinosuar in my early 20s.

Also, you do know that Tales of Vesperia got an updated version on PS3 (which I'm still pissed that Namco don't even put the extra content on DLC at least for the 360 version) and PS3s are region-free for games right? (No offense.)

@Tron: Will do with NiGHTS! Once I can pony up some extra cash or it goes on sale on XBLA or Steam. I really want get it for PC though because of my twin brother's PC has an 1080p HDTV (1920×1080 resolution) for the monitor and I have a sucky SDTV...

Now I gotta see how I can get the first Legacy of Kain... o~O

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18268 on: December 20, 2012, 08:18:39 AM
Yeah but it's not in English is it?

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18269 on: December 20, 2012, 08:36:35 AM
I know how you feel Sakura. Not too long ago my entire gaming agenda consisted of Tales and Legend of Zelda. (Although I also played platformers, namely Sonic, but a lot of Mega Man, which is obvious.) But finally, something, I don't remember what, got my attention shifted away from those series and I ended up picking up the Half-Life games, and since then I've started playing a few more FPS games.

Although I can't say I'm really widening my perspective THAT much. I'm still keeping my distance from sports and puzzle games. (I already made a silent vow never to play Portal), but the genres that I once disliked I've actually grown a little fond of.

Trust me. I used to be obsessed with JRPGs and they were the only thing I'd play. And I also had a BURNING hatred for first-person games but all of a sudden I'm playing the HL series, Metro 2033, Fallout: NV, Halo, etc.
(Not to sound fanboyish but if you ever do consider picking up any FPS games, start with the Half-Life series. Trust me on this one.)

As for the Tales discussion, yeah, Vesperia PS3 is Japan-exclusive, sadly. Which is kind of dickish since they added an ENTIRELY NEW MAIN CHARACTER to the cast. I mean, damn. That's just huge. The Tales series is notorious for getting almost EVERY game updated onto a Sony system, but the biggest one was Vesperia. But Symphonia was ported to the PS2, Phantasia was put on the PS1, Graces was originally on the Wii, etc.

Speaking of the Wii, Symphonia DOES have a sequel on the Wii. A lot of people seem to dislike it but I personally thought it was an okay game. Basically it's a two years after sequel to the GC title. The main cast is there too but the plot focuses on two new characters. The story is kind of hit or miss and a lot of people didn't like the voice acting (I personally thought it was pretty decent), but the battle system was really well executed in that game in my opinion. It's called Dawn of the New World (Or Knight of Ratatosk as it's known in Japan). You should look into it if you haven't already.

Anyways, is my aversion to any Final Fantasy game after VI justified in any way? Because after VI I just can't find myself playing any of them. Except for the spinoffs like Crystal Chronicles and Tactics.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18270 on: December 20, 2012, 08:45:23 AM
You should play FF IX. It's superior to AERTIH DIES THE GAME and WHATEVER THE GAME - SQUALL I'M DYING EDITION.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18271 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:41 AM
I have Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New world, I haven't tried it though.  

I might try playing Final Fantasy 7 and 9 again though I'm not touching 8 and 10-13.  I tried playing 8 before but I didn't really like it that much, and I tried playing 10 and 10-2 but it didn't catch my interests.   I haven't tried playing 12 yet, even though we have it along with the other Final Fantasy games save 13, and tried watching a LP of it but I just got bored of it and couldn't watch it.  I'm also not touching 13 with a 10 foot pole, I have a hard time grinding for gold in Dragon Quest 9 I don't want to have to deal with having a hard time upgrading weapons, I know the sequel is better in terms of game play but I don't think it's that worth it.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18272 on: December 20, 2012, 08:52:22 AM
http://fav.me/d1byvju
Also, on the topic of NiGHTS...
This comic is hilarious... I love it.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18273 on: December 20, 2012, 08:53:49 AM
I dunno about you guys, but I personally liked Final Fantasy VII, despite its typos and over-hyped status.  And Aerith has a delightfully naughty side that I really liked.  She was an imp with a heart of gold.  And then she died.  >8|
Final Fantasy VIII was pretty interesting, too.  Final Fantasy IX felt like a game they made because someone lost a bet, though.  It was completely retro and pretty damn fun, and yet, it didn't really feel like it fit in with how things were trending to that point.  It's especially the odd-game out given that no game beyond that tried to use that formula and, in fact, went more of a .hack route with things after the tenth game.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18274 on: December 20, 2012, 09:02:23 AM
I do appreciate 7 for what it was, though I don't think I will ever like Sephiroth he's just not really engaging to me and I barely understand him at all.  I understand he's supposed to be that way but I just don't understand why he gets all the hype.

I liked Cloud in that game and Crisis Core, but my god I want to kill the Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts version with fire!  He was okay in Dirge of Cerberus, he didn't have much screen time but at least the screen time he had he was a bad ass if I remember correctly.  But the Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts version is nothing like the Cloud I remember, he's not a [tornado fang]ing emo loner person dammit, he's a socially awkward person who doesn't know his identity well, eventually remembers his true self, and becomes his own person and always believes in his friends.  That's the Cloud I know and remember, I know it's a alternate universe sort of thing but I just can't stand it.