"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2815235

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17000 on: October 10, 2012, 07:44:06 AM
So, one of cartoon network's advertising bumpers for it's 20th celebration is that they acknowledged some of the mistakes they made in the past by bringing up Jhonny Test and Total Drama Island -- but never mentioning Problem Solverz. At all.
Is Johnny Test better or worse than The New Adventures of Johnny Quest? God that show sucked some serious ass.
I liked The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest...  :(

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17001 on: October 10, 2012, 07:49:04 AM
why do some people think they're hilarious when they're not? like, not at all?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #17002 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:33 AM
why do some people think they're hilarious when they're not? like, not at all?
You and me both dude, you and me both.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #17003 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:04 AM
Is Johnny Test better or worse than The New Adventures of Johnny Quest? God that show sucked some serious ass.
I liked The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest...  :(
Really? Somebody must have had to, I guess. I didn't get it. I'd never seen the original, nor most kids. I wonder what the target audience for that show was.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17004 on: October 10, 2012, 10:12:54 AM
The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest...  I don't remember hating it, I remember watching it an awful lot, but I know that there was something about it that bugged me, but I forget what it was.  At the time, I liked the show.  It entertained me.  But, after a while, there was something about the show that bugged me to no end, but I forget what it was.

I've seen the original when I was a kid and was a fan of it.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #17005 on: October 10, 2012, 06:41:50 PM

[tornado fang] you I liked that show.

And Test is the biggest piece of garbage spat out of Canada that has had the nerve to grace US television. I can't blame Canada for having a shitty flash animated stuff everywhere though, I can blame flash being so cheap to produce, allowing people to make shitty programming such as Test.

Canada why can't you go back to being awesome and making stuff like Reboot again?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17006 on: October 10, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
And Test is the biggest piece of garbage spat out of Canada that has had the nerve to grace US television

I beg to differ!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79xzwlkCpRo[/youtube]

And now I have to clean my cookies, my cache and all chronicles my browser has ever created to get rid of the fact that I actually typed that into my Youtube search mask.

Yuck.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #17007 on: October 10, 2012, 07:55:13 PM
That aired in the US?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17008 on: October 10, 2012, 08:12:07 PM
Fairly sure it did.

It also came over to Europe.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17009 on: October 10, 2012, 08:25:06 PM
I saw that on Socially Unacceptable Art. Even when I was an abysmal artist, I didn't want to abuse anime/manga cliches like My Life Me did (though I didn't know it existed 'til recently).

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #17010 on: October 10, 2012, 08:38:30 PM
I beg to differ!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79xzwlkCpRo[/youtube]

And now I have to clean my cookies, my cache and all chronicles my browser has ever created to get rid of the fact that I actually typed that into my Youtube search mask.

Yuck.

OH YEAH?!

http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=6219.0

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17011 on: October 10, 2012, 08:39:51 PM
What the heck did I just see?

Anyway I say that 6Teen was still worse than Johnny Test.

I actually liked the old Johnny Test and some of the newer episodes with the parodies and stuff though some of the concepts back then were still pretty bad and now it's worse. I'm looking at you Moonsies and how many races for Super Champion of the World was really necessary?

What really hurts the show is the characters I mean I like Dukey, Mary, Black and White, and their Mom they are the only good thing about the show.

But most of the other characters do not have any redeemable characteriestics I hate Johnny for being a selfish lazy but occasionally smart dumbass who just gets worse as time goes on and always gets what he wants at the end.

Susan is a selfish [sonic slicer], I mean I know Bling Bling is awkward and crazy but she is so mean to his advances that I'm surprised that he doesn't go for Mary she's a saint compared to her.  One episode Bling Bling and Johnny fight to the death and Susan doesn't even care as long as Bling Bling doesn't get close to her.  Other times she takes advantage of the things he gives her despite the fact that she hates him, that I can't stand at all.

Gil is a too dumb to live pretty boy with a California skater/surfer dude attitude and the girls love him almost as much as 12 years olds love Bieber and Twilight despite that he never gives them the time of day.  I know the girls are 13 but they should know better not to mention the fact that they both want him is just plain stupid, and they're supposed to be prodigies. Not to mention the girls obsessive and border line yandre tendencies to get his love is not something that is right to show a kid.

However I hate the Dad most of all for how cruel he is and the fact that now they kinda made him a sadist, not to mention how he makes worse punishments for Johnny than the girls who arguably are worse than Johnny. He also now enjoys punishing Johnny almost as much as Timmy's parents neglect Timmy, but at least Timmy's parents obviously love him so much.  I remember one episode that he got obsessed with playing a video game but at the same time he controlled Johnny in the real world, the girls tried to get him away by saying they're life was in danger but the only way he got away was that his meat loaf was burning.  Not to mention how money obsessed he was at one point where he would risk Johnny's life to get it. But what really took the cake was the time he was cheering for the fact that Johnny may potentially go to Military School and pretty much sneered at him the entire episode whenever he could.  I mean that's just not right, and it just got worse now because Dukey sounds exactly like the Dad.

I felt the show had potential but of course like most crap now it's just as bad as the new Sponge Bob episodes.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17012 on: October 10, 2012, 08:40:38 PM
The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest...  I don't remember hating it, I remember watching it an awful lot, but I know that there was something about it that bugged me, but I forget what it was.  At the time, I liked the show.  It entertained me.  But, after a while, there was something about the show that bugged me to no end, but I forget what it was.

I've seen the original when I was a kid and was a fan of it.
I know they changed the format considerably for Season 2.  The animation style changed to a lower-budget style and I think there was either more or less focus on QuestWorld.  I wanna say "less," since Jeremiah Surd and Ezekiel Rage kind of disappeared into the background around that time.

Incidentally, Season 2 brought Dr. Zin out of retirement.  Complete with his eye-spider robots.  That was freakin' awesome.  X3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #17013 on: October 10, 2012, 10:33:51 PM
I know they changed the format considerably for Season 2.  The animation style changed to a lower-budget style and I think there was either more or less focus on QuestWorld.  I wanna say "less," since Jeremiah Surd and Ezekiel Rage kind of disappeared into the background around that time.

Incidentally, Season 2 brought Dr. Zin out of retirement.  Complete with his eye-spider robots.  That was freakin' awesome.  X3

I liked questworld.

Shitty CGI was so cool back in the day.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17014 on: October 10, 2012, 11:01:27 PM
I miss the days when things like ReBoot and QuestWorld were extravagant instead of being the norm.  I kind of miss the days when all 2D cartoons weren't made in Macromedia Adobe Flash, too, but a lot of the 2D cartoons I watch are good enough to where you may never notice until someone points it out to you, so...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17015 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:29 AM

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17016 on: October 11, 2012, 01:35:58 AM
What the heck did I just see?

Anyway I say that 6Teen was still worse than Johnny Test.

Johnny Test was pretty bad. Not because of the concept alone, it was pretty generic and it had no structure what-so-ever. Season 2 and later showed much of this, some of the jokes got repetitive and stale. You know that little duckling in the tom & jerry cartoon? He appears occasionally, yet what makes his appearances great is that they always bring something new to the table.

6Teen is pretty laughable in comparison. It's [parasitic bomb], but you know it's gonna be. Johnny Test on the other hand mauls it's formula frequently enough that I want to punch the director in the face.

Also, today I had to turn back the clock with the PC due to a certain scam hitting the waves, by simply using the System Restore function. It's worth it.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #17017 on: October 11, 2012, 04:20:52 AM
as it turned out, Rite-Aid stocked neither motivation nor coercion
unabashed by my failure, I journeyed on to CVS to continue my search, and possibly have some cheese puffs

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17018 on: October 11, 2012, 04:49:13 AM
In Soviet Russia, aggravation is you.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17019 on: October 11, 2012, 07:06:01 AM
Why did Youtube/the Google part of Youtube suddenly give me the option to use my full name as my user name when I tried to write a comment, are they stupid?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17020 on: October 11, 2012, 07:16:28 AM
My brother enjoyed watching Johnny Test, and I've watched several episodes.  I wouldn't say that I like it, as I need to be in a certain mood to watch it, but I don't necessarily hate the show, either.  I really don't know why I watched it.  My brother doesn't know why he watched it, really.  But, we watched the show.

And we're as picky about our cartoons as picky can be. :/

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #17021 on: October 11, 2012, 08:59:26 AM
Why did Youtube/the Google part of Youtube suddenly give me the option to use my full name as my user name when I tried to write a comment, are they stupid?
As a matter of fact, yes.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17022 on: October 11, 2012, 09:01:02 AM
As a matter of fact, yes.
I guess I should of asked are they getting even more stupid.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17023 on: October 11, 2012, 10:22:42 AM
Yes.  Yes they are.

Did you know that you have your own channel? 8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17024 on: October 11, 2012, 10:32:13 AM
Yes.  Yes they are.

Did you know that you have your own channel? 8D
No way! That's... that's insane!! :O

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything