Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10050 on: June 16, 2010, 03:29:55 AM
"All this negativity towards Skyward Sword makes me kinda depressed ._."

Skyward Sword..? Never heard of that, but I'm curious.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10051 on: June 16, 2010, 03:39:02 AM
The new Zelda >_>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10052 on: June 16, 2010, 03:40:48 AM
The new Zelda >_>

Ah, I forgot about that since I spazzed after hearing about the new DKC earlier *is more of a Donkey Kong fan than a Zelda fan*. <.<

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #10053 on: June 16, 2010, 04:02:46 AM
100 Theme challenge? Why do I do this to myself...?

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #10054 on: June 16, 2010, 04:49:42 AM
"What the Hell is this Crap!"

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #10055 on: June 16, 2010, 04:55:09 AM
REGISTRATION COMPLATE!

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #10056 on: June 16, 2010, 05:02:36 AM
I seriously want to know if there exist manga with a story of the same caliber of the best and most complex stories in comics. I love stuff like Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Sandman, Flex Mentallo, The Filth, Transmetropolitan and others, but I seriously have never found anything like that in manga. Except maybe perhaps in Akira.

Hmm I might be able to think of something, there's this manga I got just last week called Dogs.  It's pretty dark and complex while at the same time has some vulgar things in it.  I'm not sure if that might be what you're looking for...then again there's a huge generation gap between us since I never watched or read any of the stuff you mention and I only know the gist of V for Vendetta.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10057 on: June 16, 2010, 01:14:12 PM
REGISTRATION COMPLATE!

Welcome. Don't worry, we'll take good and special care of your special identity. Welcome to the Iniciative.

Hmm I might be able to think of something, there's this manga I got just last week called Dogs.  It's pretty dark and complex while at the same time has some vulgar things in it.  I'm not sure if that might be what you're looking for...then again there's a huge generation gap between us since I never watched or read any of the stuff you mention and I only know the gist of V for Vendetta.
I don't simply want dark and complex, I want real quality writing. Trust me, V for Vendetta (the book) is REALLY, REEEEEEALLY different from the comic itself. The point is pretty much completely different, the morals, the story... heck, they blow up the parliament in the first few pages, so the plot of the first movie is gone just like that. The point, the very point itself, is something quite good. From insanity expected from certain characters, no actual "battle scenes", and V being a symbol instead of a kind of vigilante...

http://updownstart.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/anarchy.jpg The whole thing has much more meaning. Politically AND narratively.

Although I am quite curious about this manga you tell me about.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #10058 on: June 16, 2010, 01:26:48 PM
That I should draw something..

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #10059 on: June 16, 2010, 01:29:50 PM
"Hurry, before I do!"

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #10060 on: June 16, 2010, 04:48:19 PM

Welcome. Don't worry, we'll take good and special care of your special identity. Welcome to the Iniciative.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY BODEGA

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #10061 on: June 16, 2010, 05:03:31 PM
GOTTA HAVE MY POPS

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #10062 on: June 16, 2010, 09:46:09 PM
Uggghh RPMS add images thing is slooowww

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10063 on: June 16, 2010, 10:22:06 PM
Although I am quite curious about this manga you tell me about.
Well according to the back of the book since I only have the first one basicly there are 4 characters that have to deal with their past that constantly plauges them...well 3 of them anyway for now.  

Warning contains massive spoilers

[spoiler]The first character is an old man named Mihai he used to be a hit man and his boss asked him to raise his ten year old  son, Ian, and teach him everything he knew about fire arms and assination 15 years ago.  He also was friends with 2 former prosititutes worked in a bar named Kiri and Milena.  He was in love with Milena and thinking about marrying her once things settled down, but when Ian turned 15 he killed her for a reason Mihai never learned.  Because he raised his gun at the boss' son Mihai was fired and had to run away.  

At present time, I think the book is a bit vague on that, Mihai returns to work at the bar that Kiri and Milena used to work for which was now owned by Kiri herself.  Meanwhile Ian killed his own father in order to take over the family business and when he learned that Mihai had returned he decided to meet with him to settle things.  Little did Ian know that his own followers want to kill him at that time and sent a sniper to do it.  Mihai and Ian meet at the cemetary that Milena was buried and started asking each other why they did or didn't do the things they did or didn't do.  But before they got any answers the sniper shoots Ian.  With hos dying breath Ian says the reason he killed Milena was because he was jealous of her and didn't want to steal Mihai away from him because he's the only one he regarded as a real father.  Mihai had a feeling that was the case but he felt he didn't deserve to be a father since his hands are stained with so much blood.

The next character is a young man with long orange hair and an eye patch named Badou.  Badou is a chain smoker and works as an "information broker".  Well what he does is find dirty secrets of important people and sells them to the highest bidder.  This is what's gets him in trouble a lot.  In this case he find a mafia boss, uh lets not go into detail of what he finds, and the boss sends his men to get evidence back from him.  Badou eventually runs into Mihai and takes shelter in Kiri's bar.  The mafia during this finds him and everyone is in the middle of a shoot out.  During said shoot out Badou's camera gets destroyed so now he has nothing to bargin with.  He then notices that one of the men knocked has the thing he loves most a cigerette. But before he even get's a chance to smoke it one of the guys shoots it.  This makes him go beserk and shoots down the entire mob.  However since he also damaged the bar he has to fix it.

The third character is a sword woman named Naoto.  Naoto and her family were attacked by a mysterious person and is left for dead until a man with the same sword takes her in.  Since the man has the same sword she decides that she wants to kill him after he teaches her how the swordfight.  The man realizes this and decides that it's better that way rather then her becoming a person with no purpose.  It is also explained that because of the attack Naoto has lost some of her memories and therefore doesn't remember her parents faces or even her name.  The man names her Naoto, which is somone elses name, for lack of a different one as a man named Magato is coming down the stairs.  Magato laughs at the fact that he named her Naoto and then looks at her with the eyes of a sadist.  

A few years later Naoto improves greatly but is still not strong enough to kill her master.  After the session Magato rips her shirt to reveal that she has a huge X shaped scar on her chest from when she was attacked and gets excited over it.  Naoto's master stops Magato and give's Naoto his coat and she sees from a mirror on the ground that he's depressed.  A few more months or years later, again very vague on time, Naoto is seen delivering news papers to Kiri's bar.  When she returns home she finds that her master is dead and was killed by Magato.  Naoto is furious about the fact that her revenge was stolen and fights Magato wanting to kill him.  After a long fight and using everything her master taught her she wins.

Magato tells Naoto that the real person who killed her parents was the other Naoto she got her name from.  Magato goes on to say that revenge is dreary life a present being crused under the weight of the past but it gave her a reason to live.  He tells Naoto to take her master's sword and he hopes they meet again.

The last character is named Hiene.  Not much is known about him other then the fact he has a fear of women, a metal collar, is practically invincible, and conection to something called Kerebos.  His story starts in the underground when he rescues a prostitute with tiny angel wings.  It is later found out that the prostitute is 14 and can't speak, equivilant exchange at its finest, and she reminds Hiene of a girl he used to know named Lily as he start to have some kind of memory lapse.  Unfortunatly the prostitute is kidnapped again and her kidnapper leaves Hiene when he thought he was dead.

Hiene is forced to go to the church, with a blind preist, where he hides guns and meets up with Badou which apparently he owes a debt to.  He and Badou storm the hide out of the pimps and rescues the girl.  The girl finds refuge in the church, even thought the blind priest is apparently a pervert with a lolita complex.  The girl finally tells Hiene that her name is Nill and the priest and himself comments that he is comfortable with Nill.  As Hiene leaves the church a mysterious man named Giovanni finds him and gets Hiene a bit riled up.  Giovanni apparently has something to do with Kerebos and Lily much not much else is explains as he leave as fast as he appears.[/spoiler]

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #10064 on: June 16, 2010, 10:54:13 PM
My copy of Modnation Racers should be here any day/minute now! YES! YES!!

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10065 on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:15 PM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY BODEGA
Buddy... I'm Tony Stark. I'm everywhere.

Well according to the back of the book since I only have the first one basicly there are 4 characters that have to deal with their past that constantly plauges them...well 3 of them anyway for now. 
After reading it, I see tons of content, interesting story, but nothing that really pulls me or defines anything. I'm still gonna try reading it, though. Thanks for the recomendation.

Anyone else know any GOOD manga with incredible existance-defining stories?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #10066 on: June 16, 2010, 11:15:04 PM
Hmm... Nora: The last Chronicle of Devildom. I think it's pretty damn good. Though, your opinion may differ.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10067 on: June 16, 2010, 11:19:40 PM
After reading it, I see tons of content, interesting story, but nothing that really pulls me or defines anything. I'm still gonna try reading it, though. Thanks for the recomendation.

Like I said I only have the first volume and I can barely make sense of some parts.  I left some minor things out but you can find them if you read the manga, but be sure to get volume 0 first not 1, if they happen to be out of 0, because that's the first one.  Also, even though it's main stream, you might want to try Zombie Loan too though it might not be what you're looking for either.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10068 on: June 16, 2010, 11:41:42 PM
Hmm... Nora: The last Chronicle of Devildom. I think it's pretty damn good. Though, your opinion may differ.
What does it entail? Is it anything as fantastic and complex as the stories I talked about earlier?

Like I said I only have the first volume and I can barely make sense of some parts.  I left some minor things out but you can find them if you read the manga, but be sure to get volume 0 first not 1, if they happen to be out of 0, because that's the first one.  Also, even though it's main stream, you might want to try Zombie Loan too though it might not be what you're looking for either.
I'll look for scans before buying. =P But if I like it, I'll definetly try it.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #10069 on: June 16, 2010, 11:47:15 PM
What does it entail? Is it anything as fantastic and complex as the stories I talked about earlier?
On second thought... Nevermind. It's a bit simplistic.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10070 on: June 16, 2010, 11:51:11 PM
On second thought... Nevermind. It's a bit simplistic.
XD Alright, thanks, anyway. Listen, I know there are plenty of great manga out there, but I wanted to know if there were manga that PUSHED the boundaries, tried to be more than just stories, redefined storytelling a bit. Stuff like that. Stuff that any medium is supposed to do.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #10071 on: June 16, 2010, 11:56:43 PM
WHOO! My copy of Modnation Races just came in!

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #10072 on: June 17, 2010, 12:17:15 AM
"My cannons need cleaning...my bombs need to be polished"

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10073 on: June 17, 2010, 02:07:57 AM
"Oh god I've never seen so much dust in my life, I hope after the cable is instaled that me and my mom finally sell all those books on eBay."

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10074 on: June 17, 2010, 03:02:09 AM
"Oh god I've never seen so much dust in my life, I hope after the cable is instaled that me and my mom finally sell all those books on eBay."
What books are you selling?