Question about teh Wii GAEMS...

Rin · 5159

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 06:50:33 PM
Fortunately, any game that's worth playing doesn't actually need online multiplayer in my opinion.
It does not change the fact, that... well, If I want to play with someone ONLINE, I need to [tornado fang]ing pay for it.
Which is a travesty and I refuse to accept it.

Damn, I was supposed to say no more about this.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 07:11:03 PM
oh cool this thread didn't have enough fanboys ranting because someone slighted their toy

Actually, I was trying to drive home the point that holding a grudge against any of the systems just because you don't like the company that builds it is [tornado fang]ing retarded in this day and age.  Refusing to acknowledge the 360 is simply the prime example of this, considering that it is without question the most bang for your buck this time around.  They ought to be air dropping these things to troops in Iraq and handing them out as part of care packages for war orphans and [parasitic bomb].

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 07:19:24 PM
And the 360 does have a lot of import shmup games like:
Mushihime-sama Futari
Otomedius Gorgeous
Espgaluda II
Death Smiles
and other things. <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 07:34:05 PM
So there still aren't any options other than "I like 360 games" and "I am acting irrationally", then?

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 08:59:16 PM
It does not change the fact, that... well, If I want to play with someone ONLINE, I need to [tornado fang]ing pay for it.

Yeah, I hate the fact you have to pay to play online, but a 3-month Gold account is like -what? $20?

I haven't regretted buying one yet. But whatever. I don't blame you if you don't want to shell out $20 to play online.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 09:29:01 PM

You COULD get a PS3, outside of Halo and Gears of War the PS3 has just about all the same games on the 360 (plus it's a blue-ray player). The reason why it gets so much flak is because of it's original high price point, but now that that is no longer a real issue, it's really no different, and it helps that it's exclusive lean towards the better and the more genre-broad (Cross Edge, God of War 3, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance and Killzone for FPS games, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, and you can buy the old Spyro and Crash games through the PS3 market). Considering most 3rd party release titles though, there's very little difference between the PS3 and 360 (it helps that if you're a JRPG fan Atlus and Nippon Ichi seem to stick with Sony for their titles in that area).

However I don't know if the PS3 requires pay to play online, but honestly, outside of FPS games what other games have a good online multiplayer community? The game will either lag or you'll have move spammers or any number of things, so unless you absolutely LOVE playing games online, the multiplayer aspect is kinda dead.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 03:52:30 AM
So there still aren't any options other than "I like 360 games" and "I am acting irrationally", then?
Gotta love it when people try to pass personal opinion as a standardized way of life, eh?

I think most of the flak the 360 receives is actually on build quality, but God-willing that's been addressed by now.  As for online, every system that has a "value" argument makes up for it with extra expenses somewhere.  On the Wii it's controller expansions, on the 360 it's your membership.  That said, since the 360's extra expense is the only one that "expires", I can understand the hesitation.  All depends on how much online means to you.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 03:59:14 AM
they need to [tornado fang]ing redesign the console itself so the motherboard doesn't melt as easily. >.>

and speaking of what this topic was for.
How are the wii Harvest Moon titles? >>

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 04:41:52 AM
Anyways...uh...I don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said, so I'll just second Hyper's suggestion of the rabbids for multiplayer family fun and a funny single player collectathon.

Oh, and Excitebots. Trucks has the custom tracks, but Bots has the online.

they need to [tornado fang]ing redesign the console itself so the motherboard doesn't melt as easily. >.>

You too? >.>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 04:51:42 AM
my launch 360 died last month. >>

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile