[Discussion] Gaming after the apocalypse

Sub Tank · 1649

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
on: January 09, 2010, 06:53:19 AM

I've been watching a lot of APOCALYPSE WEEK on the History Channel, which has been highly entertaining.  If you don't know the drill, according to a bunch of ancient civilizations, some rare celestial event in 2012 may result in humanity getting buttfucked back to the stone age.  I have outlined the pros and cons of this situation:

Pros
- Pirating video games and selling used games will no longer be killing the video game industry because they will already be dead.
- All the terrible fanbases will be obliterated.
- People will finally stop arguing over games and nitpicking.  Whatever game you can scavenge is automatically GOTY.

Cons
- No internet or electricity.
- Rule34 will consist of sand drawings.
- No more FAQS.

How will you prepare?  Is handheld gaming the future, or are you going to lug a TV/PC around?  How will you power your system?  I don't know how many windmills it takes to recharge a DS.

Discuss.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:00:24 AM
I think hamster-wheels are the way to go to power up stuff.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:04:16 AM
But all the hamsters are dead/mutated.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:07:08 AM
I never said hamsters will be the one to do the running... :P
Plus, atomic breathing hamzillas are awesome to power stuff up too!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:44:03 AM
Well with no electricity, our handheld game systems would only last us so long, so our first step would be to get a power plant or two up and running.  Also, we need food.  Can't game on an empty stomach, I always say.  Since it will take a while to get power back up, we'll have to keep our gaming sanity by playing Yu-Gi-Oh.  Obviously we won't have access to the internet to find out the current ban-list, but we'll just keep the two Chaos cards & Yata out of any deck and call it a day.  Board games would also work to keep our sanity too.  In fact, Chutes & Ladders, SORRY!, and Yahtzee might very well be the only way to teach the future generation the fundamentals of basic life.

Once power is restored, we can create a grand Arcade again, where all can come to join and game.  Of course, depending on the situation, we may need some kind initiation for those to get into Neo Arcadedia.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:31:01 PM
Godly thread. Fo' realz. XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 05:38:39 PM
Cons
- No internet or electricity.
- Rule34 will consist of sand drawings.
- No more FAQS.

How will you prepare?  Is handheld gaming the future, or are you going to lug a TV/PC around?  How will you power your system?  I don't know how many windmills it takes to recharge a DS.

Discuss.

1. Look, we know about the key and the kite, right? Can't be too hard to get an electric generator going. Besides, if nothing else, we can use a metric Assload of potatoes. And remember, Nintendium; no matter what kind of fallout and debris, probably about 3/4 of Nintendo systems will still function.

2. SAND DRAWINGS, HNNNNGGGGG

3. No more FAQs? You mean I'll actually have to *gasp* TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES?

And this next one's kinda on the edge, so spoilers:
[spoiler]THEY RAN OUT OF ROOM ON THE FREAKING STONE!
TIME AIN'T GONNA END![/spoiler]