• RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #75 on: September 13, 2013, 07:16:32 PM
Nidoqueen can't breed?

wot

Nidoqueen can't breed.

Yet, we see that its clone had mated with a Rhyhorn clone.

They produced babies.  Baby Rhyhorns and baby Nidoqueens.

BABY NIDOQUEENS.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: September 13, 2013, 07:17:39 PM
Or just breed Nidoran (F).
Oh yeah there's that too.

I know. I'm just teasing!
Yeah and the week after school starts and I'm going to be online less.

Nidoqueen can't breed.

Yet, we see that its clone had mated with a Rhyhorn clone.

They produced babies.  Baby Rhyhorns and baby Nidoqueens.

BABY NIDOQUEENS.
Well the anime isn't exactly accurate.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: September 13, 2013, 07:18:59 PM
Screw the anime, we have Mewtwo! 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #78 on: September 13, 2013, 07:28:02 PM
That could, however, be easily hand-waved as something to do with the clone.  The Nidoqueen was cloned and thus the clone possessed only the genetic material of the Nidoqueen.  It's unknown if the clones can even evolve, so it's possible that they only possess the genetic blueprints of the evolution they were cloned from.  Thus, if the clone were to breed, its offspring would carry the genetic material of its clone parent and thus resemble it.  

Which brings us to another problem... Clone fertility.  Clones tend to be sterile, due to problems with gene expression.  It would make perfect sense for Mewtwo to be sterile.  However, to breed him would require reproductive cloning, which his DNA would be placed within the nucleus of an egg, and then that egg fertilized and grown to term.  If additional donors are present, and the embryo grown to term within another animal, then the usual problems inherent with cloning would be less prominent.  Otherwise, cloning a clone would produce a very flawed specimen that would likely die shortly after birth, if it even survives to term.

The cloned Nidoqueen's offspring would likely have better genetic stock, as it bred with the Rhyhorn.  If that offspring breeds with wild specimens, then its gene pool would be diversified and you could end up with a viable race of fertile Nidoqueens.

This is all assuming that the clones Mewtwo made don't have the usual problems that tend to plague clones.  Fertility is a very good sign.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: September 13, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
You know, that's actually a proper depiction of real-life biological evolution. Sometimes two species breed and form an infertile offspring due to gene incompatibility. This would be true for Nidoqueen and Rhyhorns breeding. Their taxonomical ancestry is close enough for them to breed instinctively, but due to the difference in genes, the offspring cannot.

Although it doesn't explain Nidorans thriving as a species.

EDIT: It seems Quickie knows her biology too.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #80 on: September 13, 2013, 07:36:13 PM
If Nidorans breed while young, then they can thrive.  Obviously, they're mature enough to do so right out of the Poke Ball.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:47 PM
So then they lose their breeding ability in adulthood, kind of like Pokemenopause.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:49 PM
Just the female side of the family.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #83 on: September 14, 2013, 05:57:16 PM
Pokemenopause... XD

Posted on: September 13, 2013, 06:01:07 PM
So, anyway... love interests...

Should I go ahead and play up that psychic mental love as I hinted about earlier? 8D

And as for love interests...  How do you feel that they're best described?  Are the participants involved just extra friendly?  Are they making kissy faces at each other and saying stuff that tastes like diabetes?  Are they outright making out right there in front of the rest of the party? 

Have you started out with no intention to give your characters any love interests, only, over the course of a campaign, to suddenly find your characters fawning over another character?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:36 PM
I don't know how I would characterize PB and Zeta or Asch and Sakura right now.  Maybe PB can explain it better than I can.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: September 14, 2013, 06:48:54 PM
Like I stated before, I considered shipping Arche and Phi, but decided not to.

Hypothetically, if I were going to put them together, it'd be mostly "professional"; meaning, no public displays of affection or flirtations. That also has to do with the fact that the war is heating up in that RP, so it'd be weird if they were "kissy-kissy" with each other. Besides, Phi isn't the kind of person to show her feelings openly in public; she's very isolated and secretive. Arche is isolated, as well, but to a much lesser extent.

They'd probably briefly touch/hold hands when passing by or maybe even a peck on the cheek, on occasion. That's the most "public" they would go.

However, if Arche and Phi were alone together, all the emotions and sexual tension would come out. 8D

Again, all hypothetical. Could work or could be a trainwreck.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: September 14, 2013, 07:59:10 PM
I've sort of characterized Josei as a lovelorn fool, he crushes on pretty much every girl in his vicinity, with Akai there was no "Sexual Tension" since she has no sex drive. That and Josei isn't very comfortable with his feelings. He finds it difficult to talk to really anybody, hell if he gets a free chance he will lock himself in the holosuite and let himself drown in hologram women. His recent breakup with Akai probably encouraging that behavior of his more as he's just sad, but can't bring himself to accept it.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: September 14, 2013, 08:24:07 PM
Pokemenopause... XD

Posted on: September 13, 2013, 06:01:07 PM
So, anyway... love interests...

Should I go ahead and play up that psychic mental love as I hinted about earlier? 8D

And as for love interests...  How do you feel that they're best described?  Are the participants involved just extra friendly?  Are they making kissy faces at each other and saying stuff that tastes like diabetes?  Are they outright making out right there in front of the rest of the party? 

Have you started out with no intention to give your characters any love interests, only, over the course of a campaign, to suddenly find your characters fawning over another character?

The bolded part is what's happening in Wilypocalypse... sort of. Nothing's going on really at the moment, and who knows if anything will happen. Whether there would be any PDA or not is a big unknown at the moment, which is the way I like it. Let it evolve naturally, I say!

As for the psychic mental love in the Pokemon RP. I may not be a part of it, but here's my input: Do it. You know you want to.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #88 on: September 14, 2013, 09:11:20 PM
Can't wait for this trial to be over! 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: September 14, 2013, 09:57:22 PM

To answer the first question with the psychic mental love.... absoLUTEly! XD

As to the other question, it really depends on how it comes off. To use PBPB & Fxeni, for example, right now it's unknown. They're partnering a lot when it comes to battle and when you consider the factors that battle & war have on people (stress relief, working together well, physical attraction and basic human need), something could always evolve from that. Right now I think they're just being extra friendly towards one another, with hints of attraction. But it might just be purely physical, and not romantic.

I don't know how I would characterize PB and Zeta or Asch and Sakura right now.  Maybe PB can explain it better than I can.

To further upon this and answer Sakura's question as well, PB is recovering from a lot of trauma and Zeta is as well (at least from my understanding of her). So, while they're comfortable around each other for now, it's unclear how far this will go. It could just be something they both need at the moment. Sometimes that's all a relationship is for one person, or everyone involved. How long it lasts depends on them.

With Asch & Sakura, I cannot be sure but I would best describe it as a "first crush" kinda thing. Neither of them have been in relationships before, so all of this is very new to them.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #90 on: September 15, 2013, 12:57:00 AM
Can't wait to start writing in some LOOOOOOOOOVE~ :V

Particularly after this whole plotline is over and done with, there will need to be some stress-relieving! 8D

Which brings me to another question...  Your thoughts on characters having off-screen sex?  Do they act differently afterward?  Do the other characters pick up on it?  Have you been in campaigns in which you could sense a change in other characters?  Could you tell if other characters were acting differently, could you sense the chemistry between them?

Have you ever wanted to get two other characters together?  I've encountered this before, in which other players wanted two characters to get together.  If the group needs to split up, those characters are paired.  Other players will often force those characters to room together, or influence scenarios in which those two characters are alone together. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: September 15, 2013, 01:14:07 AM
For the first part in terms of Wilypocalyse since the characters I'm working with are robots and can't have sex it's N/A.

As for the second part I have been guilty of that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: September 15, 2013, 01:27:43 AM
Which brings me to another question...  Your thoughts on characters having off-screen sex?  Do they act differently afterward?  Do the other characters pick up on it?  Have you been in campaigns in which you could sense a change in other characters?  Could you tell if other characters were acting differently, could you sense the chemistry between them?

Have you ever wanted to get two other characters together?  I've encountered this before, in which other players wanted two characters to get together.  If the group needs to split up, those characters are paired.  Other players will often force those characters to room together, or influence scenarios in which those two characters are alone together. 

If it's natural, definitely. Whether it's just "making love" or casual horny sex, it's good if it helps the characters grow or the story move along. Sex for the sake of sex though, that depends. Whether they act differently afterwards depends on the characters and the type of sex. Love making, most definitely. Casual horny sex, depends on if it winds up being much deeper than that. Campaigning, not so much but again, depends on the sex. Haha, it also depends how open they are about it.

As for wanting two other characters to get together, I don't think I've ever come across a situation where I've wanted them to get together. I'm not for forcing relationships. I wouldn't even pair one of my characters with someone else without that person's permission.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: September 15, 2013, 01:29:55 AM
I hope I'm not forcing it. :\

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: September 15, 2013, 01:31:49 AM
I hope I'm not forcing it. :\

Not at all. You asked me first! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: September 15, 2013, 01:32:52 AM
Not at all. You asked me first! XD
That's true, and I really had to since PB is a man whore and Zeta is a robot who can't have sex. -u-'

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: September 15, 2013, 01:34:36 AM
Which is why I liked the idea of it. It brings an interesting aspect to both of them!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:40 AM
Which is why I liked the idea of it. It brings an interesting aspect to both of them!
That it does.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: September 15, 2013, 02:35:34 AM

Again, robots with no sex.

Holosuite girls can't sex either (to my knowledge) so Josei's gonna be sex free, FOREVER.

As for pairing with other characters, I wouldn't do anything like that without the express consent of the other person. And even then I probably wouldn't even do that as I'm far too uncomfortable asking people to do something with their character.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: September 15, 2013, 05:40:31 PM
snip

PB has the most noble perceptions of [tornado fang]ing in an RP.

Anyways, @Quickie's getting two players together question: I'm not so sure on this. I believe that if it's well-known that those two characters want to get together, then we might pull some strings. But if we're doing this of our own accord, I don't think I'd be all for it. If there's some reason those characters aren't trying to get together, then there's no point, even if I want it myself.