Rockman.EXE Beast Subbed Finale Released!

Rock Miyabi · 25432

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
on: June 26, 2010, 06:16:48 AM
I'm sure there may be a lot of you who wondered if certain Rockman anime fansubs would ever be completed. After all, it's been about 9 months since an episode has been released by anyone in the community. And the EXE anime itself has now been off the air for 4 years. We can all understand people's frustrations about the whole process, but are grateful for those who have been patient enough to stick around to see a series finished off.

So that's why I'm making a short little public service announcement today to let you all know that the final three episodes of Rockman.EXE Beast have been released by Puku Anime fansubs in joint cooperation with WolfPackProductions!! You can download the newly released episodes 23-25, along with any others you have missed, from the tracker HERE.

To continue on with the good news, all of us on the team have been working a bit harder as of late and our progress on the Beast+ series is moving along at a rapid pace. Over half the series has been edited, and many episodes are already being prepped for release as well. The plan is to release all of those episodes in higher-quality MKV files. Keep an eye on things within the next two weeks for a few more pleasant surprises...  ;)

And if things continue to run smoothly, the plan is to help out with Stream once Beast+ is wrapped up. Episodes are currently being translated, so work actually has begun on that series as well.

Enjoy!

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:17:53 AM
I was gonna post; I was in #wolfpackproductions when they announced it, but I didn't.

Now let's hope they finish Axess! :D

Wait, you're part of WPP?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:42:18 AM
No, I'm part of Puku. WPP is a separate group; none of us from Puku are really members of WPP. But some of their members have been just as active with us in this project, such as Izumi, Gaia and Pokerdog. I did edit like 2 Axess episodes...I forget which ones, but it was in that 29-32 range...when I offered help a year or two ago. But it wasn't as a member of WPP. It was just to help when I didn't have Beast stuff to edit.

Actually, the only reason I ever signed up on any of the boards in the community was because I answered Ryouko's ad for an editor at REO when they started subbing Beast. If not, I might still be a lurker or never would have participated in a lot of the things I have over the years.

And as far as Axess, as I hinted, there might be news soon...but I'm not really in the know to really let you know.  8)

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 06:45:45 AM
What about Stream?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:23 AM
And if things continue to run smoothly, the plan is to help out with Stream once Beast+ is wrapped up. Episodes are currently being translated, so work actually has begun on that series as well.
That's about Stream.

Also, Rock, I wasn't sure which you were part of; I knew it was one or the other and was just guessing. ^_^

Of course they're separate! :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:56 AM
Ah I missed that when I skimed it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 06:55:19 AM
Oh man, REO, WPP, that's a lot of nostalgia for me in one post.

Nice to see you guys actually finished Beast, though WPP really should finish Axess sometime. Sheesh, how long has it been? XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 06:57:38 AM
Keep an eye on things within the next two weeks for a few more pleasant surprises...  ;)
And as far as Axess, as I hinted, there might be news soon...but I'm not really in the know to really let you know.  8)
I think the first is the hint he mentioned in the second. :D

Also, Axess rocks. CROSS FUSION!!!

Damnit, now I want to see Cross Fusion between Taylor and WombatMan. That would be epic.

[I actually wish I had a female Navi and a Synchro chip right now... and a dimensional area, of course]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 09:20:32 AM
Oh, great. They finished subbing the worst series.
yay

: P

There's already someone subbing Stream, and a group who subs Axess again from the beginning(I can't see what's the point).

Why can't people just start subbing and finish this [parasitic bomb]? Seriously.

Still, this is kinda nice, and gives a bit of hope for the future. : > Thanks for the info, Miyabi.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 04:13:14 PM

Well, TV-Nihon recently started a joint venture with Zokusei to sub Axess. However, instead of starting where WPP left off, they started from episode 1 again. They have currently subbed the first 4 episodes.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 06:41:45 PM
yay

Lack of your silly little cross-fusion? :P

I've been using Wolf-Pack for years for certain anime, hah. Glad we can promote them this way.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 07:35:08 PM
Whereas WPP is currently at... I think 33. For Axess.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 08:18:04 PM
Lack of your silly little cross-fusion? :P
Actually, I think Cross Fusion is [tornado fang]ing retarded.
Still, Axess (where CF was introduced) was just in fact a superior season. After that comes Stream after which comes second part of season one then Beast+, first part of first one and then Beast.
The only good thing about Beast was the lack of cross fusion when they went to Beyondard, but you already mentioned it.

This is my opinion, and I'm standing by it.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 02:54:54 AM
yay

There's already someone subbing Stream, and a group who subs Axess again from the beginning(I can't see what's the point).

Why can't people just start subbing and finish this [parasitic bomb]? Seriously.

Still, this is kinda nice, and gives a bit of hope for the future. : > Thanks for the info, Miyabi.

Who's subbing Stream? Years ago when we had a discussion in the anime and manga section, some startup group began it, but their translations and edits were so laughable and terribly off, and there was so much drama over why they tried subbing them in the first place, that I thought it died. And DATS was going to as well, but that went poof and didn't take off. Beast+ was also dropped by them.

And I've said this before, but our community isn't large enough with enough of a fanbase to get enough people both talented and willing to get it done in a quick and reasonable time like some other fandoms. Most of us with Puku are in our mid-to-late 20's and have a busy enough life that we don't have all the time in the world to work on these things with jobs and other things. That seriously has been the biggest holdup. Coming home after 9 hours of work to do more work isn't exactly what I love doing, even if it is fun to see the scripts to these episodes which haven't been translated by anybody. But I have no Japanese knowledge other than picking up a few words from watching subs/etc.

Most of our scripts were translated by a fellow who is Japanese, but wasn't the most fluent in English. So a lot of my work is deciphering and rephrasing things, and I have little backup to turn to if I have a question about accuracy. So there can be times of constant back and forth to make sure my edits aren't butchering the actual translation, while still making it read as conversational English. You should see how marked up my scripts are. XD I don't always just turn in a single revision, and sometimes have to re-watch and redo my edits upwards of 12 times until the whole script is clean enough. And then after I'm done, someone like Ryouko or Izumi will do a quality check of my edits, since they actually have Japanese knowledge. It's not just a wham-bam-thank-you-m'aam one-day process. If I get two scripts done in a week, that's pretty good considering my schedule. Right now I'm at least doing what I can to get at least one done every week again. But of course that means other things like my art/gaming/personal fun time have to suffer.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:52 PM
http://hic.elementfx.com/download.php

Don't worry, Miyabi. I understand everything you said, but still... after such a long time of NO SUBS for big part of the show... I think I can be a bit grumpy about it. : P

Anyway, in the link above you'll find out who's subbing Stream. They have episodes from 5-18 right now.
They translated from chinese raws, which apparently aren't that different from japanese, but the subs are timed and put on japanese raws.
I haven't yet seen how good their translations are, but I'm planning to soon.
Enjoy.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 08:09:55 PM
Not the first 4? That makes a lot of sense... ???

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 09:56:56 PM
Not the first 4? That makes a lot of sense... ???
Because they are subbed already, silly.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:38 PM
Oh, right...

Well I need to finish Axess first...

Offline Ryouko

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 05:02:22 AM
That group's Stream subs are laughably bad. They're translating off the chinese version, and the translator doesn't even speak that fluently. So... basically a speed sub with a poor translation.

Anyways, thanks guys. :) We're working hard on Beast+, so we can get through then go back and help out WPP with Axess and Stream. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 05:07:34 AM
Well at the rate I'm going through Axess, you'll have Beast+ done before I even get to episode 30. :D

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 02:04:46 AM
http://hic.elementfx.com/download.php

Don't worry, Miyabi. I understand everything you said, but still... after such a long time of NO SUBS for big part of the show... I think I can be a bit grumpy about it. : P

Anyway, in the link above you'll find out who's subbing Stream. They have episodes from 5-18 right now.
They translated from chinese raws, which apparently aren't that different from japanese, but the subs are timed and put on japanese raws.
I haven't yet seen how good their translations are, but I'm planning to soon.
Enjoy.

I know, you and others are entitled to be; and it's not like I wouldn't love to see them done quicker, if not finished by now. But at the same time when you're a part of it, you kinda see why it takes so long. Just offering some insight was all. It's kinda hard to take all the anger and whining when we do the work for free and use up our free time to try to benefit the community.

The link didn't work for me at first, but now that they're up I downloaded one episode (#7) and also read through the script available. And now I see why Ryouko called it laughably bad. The scripts even leave out some locations and just put random "somethings" in parenthesis.

"and can be drive on very treacherous roads..."
"top of there class..."
"[some other name] and [another name]"

I can give the person credit for doing it all on their own, and being ambitious enough to try, but when you totally leave out something you can't understand, even something as little as a name, it just looks way too rushed and amateurish.

And that's just some of the things in the first 2 minutes or so. Ouch. -AC Is it crucial info? Not always. But I'd rather have it right over rushed like that any day.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 06:56:25 AM
Just finished watching these.  Glad they're finally done ... been waiting a long time for them!

I'll add my voice to the chorus of people eagerly awaiting Axcess subs.  Yeah, I know it was dubbed rather terribly. I'd still love to see the ending ... especially now that it's off the air.

Aresian

Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 08:07:56 AM
Superb, now I'm curious. ANYONE FINISH SUBBING STREAM? WE GONNA GET DAT STUFF YET?

No seriously, anyone know where I can get dat stuff?

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 02:32:31 AM
Commence Axess and Beast+ downloading!!

So far today, on WPP's 8th anniversary, Axess Episodes 34 and 35, along with Beast+ Episodes 1-5 have been released. Will there be more before the night is done?!!!
...quite possibly... 8) ENJOY!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 06:33:00 AM
AXESS!!! WOO!

Isn't it something else's 234th anniversary too? :P