Once and for all...

OKeijiDragon · 19390

Poll

Which English voice actor/actress portrayed Mega Man the best, in your opinion? Alternately, pick your favorite voice actor/actress for Mega Man

Doug Parker (Captain N: The Game Master version of Mega Man)
0 (0%)
Ian James Corlett (Ruby-Spears cartoon version of Mega Man)
4 (8%)
Ruth Shiraishi (Mega Man 8/Mega Man X4) as Mega Man & X, respectfully.
2 (4%)
Peter Von Gomm (X7) as Mega Man X
1 (2%)
Mark Gatha (Command Mission, X8, Maverick Hunter X) as Mega Man X
26 (52%)
Iain Gibb (Mega Man ZX Advent) as Biometal X
0 (0%)
Corey Sevier (Mega Man Legends) as Mega Man Volnutt/Trigger
7 (14%)
Susan Roman (Mega Man Legends 2) as Mega Man Volnutt/Trigger
1 (2%)
Other
3 (6%)
Andrew Francis (Mega Man NT Warrior) as Mega Man.EXE
1 (2%)
Jeff Mallory (Mega Man Juno)
0 (0%)
"Dario" (Vent)
0 (0%)
This poll is bullshit
5 (10%)
They all sucked ass. =P
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: May 24, 2009, 01:26:16 AM
Read the poll. Alternately, pick your favorite voice actor/actress for Mega Man.

Before the time Legends 1 was released, Mega Man had this IMO, annoying girlish sound to his voice and I just wouldn't accept that. Then L1 came and then Trigger spoke and then I was like "Woah, Mega Man sounds like a Mega MAN now", and that was one of the things that made the game for me. Mega Man Volnutt just sounds awesome with Corey Sevier.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:30:16 AM
Damn. Damn.

It's a tie between Mark Gatha, Corey Sevier and Susan Roman.
Gatha probably had the best X voice so far. But Legends hat some reeeeaaaaally great voice acting.

I just love the Bonnnes.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:32:07 AM
For me, it's a tie between Mark Gatha and Ian "Sizzling Circuits" Corlett!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 01:35:34 AM
Mr. Corlett, definitely.

Mark Gatha did a fantastic job, no doubt about that, but I heard Mr. Corlett's work first, and his voice has always stuck with me as that of Megaman's.

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 01:45:28 AM
imo Mark Gatha was good at X

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 01:52:24 AM
Mark Gatha for me too.

Command Mission hooked me in.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 01:58:55 AM
Mark.

Everything about that voice is X.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 02:15:29 AM
FLAME SUH WORD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:21:09 AM
Mmm... Its tough when your grouping all the megamans together by VA.
I liked  Ruth Shiraishi as Rock in Megaman 8, But Mark Gatha as X in XCM-onwards...
so I picked other, since we can only choose one.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 02:21:46 AM
For me, it's a tie between Mark Gatha and Ian "Sizzling Circuits" Corlett!

^Pretty much this [parasitic bomb] right here.

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 08:33:26 AM
Corlett is a good voice actor, but he sounds a bit too old to be classic Megaman.  Call me a freak but I liked Megaman's high pitched voice in Megaman 8.  He's a child robot after all, so he shouldn't have a teenage or adult sounding voice.  I know everyone says "But he sounds like a girl." but really he's intended to sound like a kid, because that's what he is.  I've never liked the idea of trying to Make classic Megaman into some steroid pumped robocop wanabe.  Giant muscles on the Ruby Spears series for instance made the show so un-Megaman it was un-watchable.

AntiBunny

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:38 AM
Corlett is a good voice actor, but he sounds a bit too old to be classic Megaman.  Call me a freak but I liked Megaman's high pitched voice in Megaman 8.  He's a child robot after all, so he shouldn't have a teenage or adult sounding voice.  I know everyone says "But he sounds like a girl." but really he's intended to sound like a kid, because that's what he is.  I've never liked the idea of trying to Make classic Megaman into some steroid pumped robocop wanabe.  Giant muscles on the Ruby Spears series for instance made the show so un-Megaman it was un-watchable.

this. sort of. The Ruby spears show was what it was, and was enjoyable for what it was. it was a slightly different adaptation. at least Megamans body went with his voice, unlike what they try to do now, giving a robot that looks like a small child, the voice of a pre pubescent kid. (Im looking at YOU powered up...)
Megaman 8 was the voice I think fit classic Megaman best. its not uncommon to have women do little kid voices. Little kid have higher pitched sharp voices, often slightly effeminate.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 09:43:03 AM
Not really gonna choice since Rock isn't the same as X and X isn't the same as Trigger

Though I do think Gatha sounds like a bit of a prat in some scenes

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 09:53:56 AM
He sounds like he needs some practice ina some scenes. I dunno, bet the acting sounds weird with Gatha at certain points in X8.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 10:31:05 AM
This might sound strange, but I don't think MegaMan needs to have the voice of a kid; he just needs to try to talk like a happy kid.

Most of the TV show's voices are my favorite takes on the characters, but more of the Powered Up voices sound like how I imagined them when I played the NES games.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 11:24:27 AM
As much as I liked Mark Gatha's X, Corey Sevier's Trigger felt so natural to me. Corey Sevier it is, for me.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 12:49:02 PM
This poll shouldn't contain multiple characters as if they were comparable.... If you're going to do that, you shouldn't be so biased as to ignore a dozen Rockmen. Either deal with one, or everyone, not just a select few.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 05:13:27 PM
Yeah, this poll needs some expanding... (Though I think he meant for "other" to cover Aile, Vent, Captain N's Mega, etc.)

At least Mr. Corlett's voice fit Mega's redesign, and Shiraishi's fit Classic Mega. As long as the VA fits the design, I'm happy with the results, even if said redesign is into a RoboCop wannabe (which I've never considered it to be; he just looks older).

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 06:50:28 PM
concerning MM8 Rock, the problem with him is not that he sounds like a kid. the problem is that he sounds like a girl. Mega had a higher pitched voice than his own sister, for crying out loud. it's always been my philosophy that, when it comes to English VAs, boys should be voiced by boys.

oh, my choice is Dr. Gatha, by the way.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Luke

• Webhead
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 07:38:42 PM
Mark Gatha, his voice fits X exactly, IMO

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 07:58:26 PM
Oh god, this is hard. I pick Dr. Mark Gatha instead.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 08:02:30 PM
Mark Gatha...The only VA with which I can take X seriously

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 11:40:50 PM
This poll shouldn't contain multiple characters as if they were comparable.... If you're going to do that, you shouldn't be so biased as to ignore a dozen Rockmen. Either deal with one, or everyone, not just a select few.
Well from how I see it, the "Mega Men" in ZX aren't really true Mega Man at all since they're just a bunch of "spirits" inside Biometal that humans use to power up, much like Power Rangers (I think that's exactly what it is though 8D). Yes, I've played both ZX games. No, I still don't think I quite get the whole reason why Ciel made those Live Metals, and please excuse my ignorance if any.  8U I personally don't see Vent & Alie, and Grey & Ashe as REAL Mega "Men", but again, all this is just me.

As for Mega Man ZERO, that I believe is just a marketing name to show that Zero is a Mega Man character.

Everything else, I don't really care.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 11:51:49 PM
If you don't care, then why make the topic?much less the poll?

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 12:01:34 AM
If you don't care, then why make the topic?much less the poll?
*Sigh* Very vague of me, I apologize. I meant to say I don't care about what you all think what makes a Mega Man for this topic. Just share what was you thought was English voice actor/actress portrayed ANY Mega Man the best.

I'm not in the mood to argue or anything, really. Today is just not that day.