Would you mind if they made another series with the Fur Coat Megaman

Karasai♪ · 17718

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It would have Metroidvania style gameplay.

but to be honest the fur coat megaman looks like another armor for x...  ::)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
He looks a bit too much like a X series character to have a series of his own IMO, but I suppose if it was a spinoff from that...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Sure. Make a standard RPG with Winter X on the Wii U, PS3, and 360 and I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Absolutely.  The artwork of Gate's Mega Man was actually pretty badass; had the screenshots been anything BUT that frikkin' iOS MMX game engine, he probably would have been better received.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The design is just fine, even as a classic series robot. (Hey, Light has Rock, Wily has Bass... Cossack needs a Super Fighting robot too, yknow! ) it's the game it's for that no one can stand.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
It could be a sequel to Command Mission called Fursona, where X has to shoot himself in the face to unlock his hidden powers.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Is X going to be feeling well enough to be playable?

Also this thread needs more pictures of Fur Scarf Mega Man.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It could be a sequel to Command Mission called Fursona, where X has to shoot himself in the face to unlock his hidden powers.

Not kinky enough for a game called Fursona. Maybe he should shoot himself in the dick or have Zero shove a sword up his ass.

More to the point, though? Not really. Looks too much like X.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
More to the point, though? Not really. Looks too much like X.
I think Capcom is convinced, and it very well might be so, that X is the most marketable Mega Man. Look at things. MMX on iOS, Rockman Online was natively an X game more or less, and now XOver, whose protagonist, as you pointed out, looks like X. Every sequel this side of the timeline has been an X sequel, with even DASH abounding with Irregular and Irregular Hunter references. I guess 10 didn't do so well in their eyes. And you can see why they'd be hesitant to go full force with the X angle. Just look where it's gotten them before. X5 & X6 were budget games that still hardly sold copies compared to their predecessors. X8 was a full force revival, but I'm pretty sure it didn't do to well either. Critics harp on the series for repeating the same gameplay, but how many people bought Command Mission? I mean, we did, but that doesn't amount to that many units. ZX? The total of 2 of those tells how well the Zero-esque side of X does.

It's OK though. I'm not so sure Inafune-less Mega Man is worthwhile. I didn't really like X8 that much TBH. The gameplay felt strange to me, the gimmicky nature of the levels was just plain silly, and the plot insisted on Axl's inclusion still. I just wish we could see our favorite guys have their hands forced into killing the whiny kid, even though he was invaluable in CM.

They should make a NEW Mega Man, who's a taxi cab. You could drive around and pick people up, bring them to their destinations, and you'd always be fighting the clock. You know, they could call it Crazy Mega Man. Or XOver could drive a taxi cab. Now there's a golden idea.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Classic MM is easily the most marketable.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Also this thread needs more pictures of Fur Scarf Mega Man.

If he's ever in some game, I want him to be an narcissist, due to his pretty boy looks

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
If he's ever in some game, I want him to be an narcissist, due to his pretty boy looks

Funny you should write that directly underneath my art; I see him as being fairly flamboyant and show-offy.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Honestly I think that fabulous fur coat Megaman would be like Copy X only less insane and way more laid back.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
So I wonder, when you die, will the screen say... Game Xover?

[spoiler] YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH![/spoiler]

more pics.

and this one...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Why is Luffy of all people the one beating up fuzzy X?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
*shrug*

I unno. But I felt it was funny either way.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I guess that's true.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Classic MM is easily the most marketable.
I wonder, I really do. How many people don't even know X isn't Mega Man? How many people wanted a cataclysmic gap between the two? How many people were just too young to appreciate Mega Man over X? And how many people get into the teenage boy "X is cooler than Mega Man because it's so bad ass" mentality?

I prefer classic, but I don't know if the same can be said about the majority of the market.

Archer

*shrug*

I unno. But I felt it was funny either way.

It wasn't, it was stupid.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
oh snap its on now

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
It wasn't, it was stupid.
I know you are but what am I.

I prefer classic, but I don't know if the same can be said about the majority of the market.
he's the most marketable because he is the most recognized character in the entire franchise, save for maybe Zero. Classic Mega Man is the Franchise Mascot, and Was at least- Capcom's Mascot when they still gave a [parasitic bomb].

I think even Udon with their complete works books, have noted that Classic has sold better than X.

Classic Mega Man is a Videogame Icon like Mario or Link. A veteran of the mighty NES game console.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
he's the most marketable because he is the most recognized character in the entire franchise, save for maybe Zero. Classic Mega Man is the Franchise Mascot, and Was at least- Capcom's Mascot when they still gave a [parasitic bomb].

Thinking about it--Capcom didn't specify that they had no real mascot until AFTER Megaman got pulled through the wringer, right?

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I'm telling you times have changed. The people that played Mega Man back then have left the hobby, and the people who replaced them are all about X. The numbers are lower because less people entirely prefer Mega Man. Or am I completely wrong and Capcom just keeps barking up the wrong tree? I can't imagine they'd keep going for the X angle economically unjustified.

Classic Mega Man is a Videogame Icon like Mario or Link. A veteran of the mighty NES game console.
Not quite, at least, not outside of the video game circle. Nobody knows who Mega Man is half the time when I mention him.

Archer

I know you are but what am I.

If you're going to bother replying, next time at the very least could you come up with something better than the kind of comeback every child uses?