kuja killer · 77243

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 09:20:12 PM
What Acid said.

From what I've seen, it looks really promising! Duplex Man's stage is clever and ingenuitive, especially the Hologram Joe enemies. I'd like to see some more stages, should you find the motivation to complete them.

I'd like to help, but I can't really do much of anything of use. =| So, good luck!

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 09:20:50 PM
For more commentary on the space station and DuplexMan... you could have made the space section shorter and easier. I know I never got through that part.
Come on! It isn´t that hard. You have to learn the pattern of your enemies and their traps. You need to pratice, that's all.

--------------

edited
Thanks Acid.^^

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 09:22:36 PM
Has nothing to do with the thread:

Hey Thanatos, you're using the wrong apostrophe. The one you want is ' and it's located on the # key. Just a friendly reminder.

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 10:05:49 PM
I'm really liking where this hack is going. You definately are showing off what can be achieved with a rom hack if you have the knowledge. The space station was great, I have to say it even reminded me of some aspects from my Yoku Man stage in Mega Man Unlimited. With the whole maze thing going on, holographic enemies and Yoku Blocks.

I would like to propose, maybe to help with graphics and enemies and things you could look to this community of fangame makers for help, we already have tons of sprites designed for our own projects, and it would be intruiging to see some bosses or enemies from other projects brought to life in a Mega Man hack, I think MegaPhilX would agree with me that he'd love to see some of his work in a hack.

Maybe you'd also like to consider using some of kevvviiinnn's music for some of your levels too. Theres some nice original music being made for various fangames, I think Odyssey could become a nice little collaborative project if you're willing to accept any help. :)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 10:11:28 PM
Come on! It isn´t that hard. You have to learn the pattern of your enemies and their traps. You need to pratice, that's all.

Not too fond of long auto-scrolling sections in general. And this one got just too long and tough from the get go. It has quite a lot of cool parts (like the intro, ending, diagonal meteor shower and the first boss), but is just too difficult for my liking. I just cheated my way through it, though. The space station itself is definitely more fun to play, and has quite a lot of ingenious concepts. However, the difficulty doesn't ease up from the space section; it's as if you're required to know everything in advance in order to dodge it, moreso than in a title such as Rockman9.

All in all, this game really shines in concept and presentation, but is too high difficulty to really get into.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 10:30:41 PM
well i know people were not pleased with it a bit about the 1st level, i tried to do a few changes i mentioned before. I hope it'll be a little more okay the next time, but who knows. I honestly thought that gameboy level on mm5 was too short in my opinion actually. The space travelling one on gameboy mm5.

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/fixes-changeslist.txt

that level alone even took like 5 or 6 months i think, ex-cluding the actual station level after it.
Well i meant for difficult to be a little bit higher than the game originally, but not too high, and not too low. I wouldn't ever wanna make people use savestates.

And because i really seriously wanted to go more towards the X-style concept of having to find 8 heart tanks to get up to 32 HP maximum instead of 16. And completely getting rid of the entire E-Tank system and going with the Sub tanks about filling them up instead.
you can get the heart tank in space station, but not the boltman valley yet because i wanted at least 1 weapon in the future to be able to attack enemies from far above your head, but i dont have any weapons coded except duplex and bolt so far. (you can get to it in Time Attack mode at least to see where it is)

yoku - yea i would accept just anything at all. Songs is another problem for me though because im not naturally a music listening type of person so it becomes super hard for me to ever find any songs i'd be interested in 100% even though people have tried to suggest some songs to me before :| But i haven't personally felt like an "A+" on anything yet.

should i just try saying more about the plans for necro ? At least the graveyard level - the 2nd official half.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 10:36:45 PM
I don't suppose there's any way for you to add some sort of MM2 style easy/normal mode?

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 11, 2010, 12:46:49 AM
[youtube]8GRLdBUjSFk[/youtube]

I've posted a reply to Insectduels video he posted for Kuja killer. I'm willing to help out with material, we have tilesets and enemies and bosses and music from Mega man Unlimited (Fangame) that I'm sure, with Phil's permission, could be contributed to Odyssey. Tons of stuff exists already if you need original sprites, Phil is the master, and kevvviiinnn is an awesome song writer if you want original songs too.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:43 AM
At least I have no longer to worry that I would end up as the second main designer, if you consider that my skills at sprites and tiles are lacking for a long span of time. All what I can say is, that I have seen better work than mine.

MexicanSunflower

Reply #59 on: April 11, 2010, 01:10:46 AM
I can help with music if you want, is there any limitation as far as how complex the tracks are?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 04:52:36 AM
Can i Make a Suggestion?

[spoiler]The Inclusion of Cameos Battles, kinda like RM4 MI, i can contribute with one RM[/spoiler]

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 12:42:18 PM
Sorry i hadn't responded at all yet since Zan's post.
I was so badly addicted to the Time Attack mode on mm 10 all week long nonstop literally, for xbox 360 - Pump man.  I've been trying hundreds of times and went through 2 pairs of batteries on the controller since getting mm 10 a week and a half ago. And im currently in 2nd place only just 0.39 hundreth's away from being in 1st place beating this japanese person. I cant play at this momment cause batteries died again
anyways..

Zan - well i dont really have any intrest at all to make any sort of "easy" mode anytime in the near future unfortanetely. i totally could if i wanted, maybe someday but i have no plans on doing so at this current time. If that's understandable.

mexican - well the problem for me is that i dont understand enough the megaman 3-6 music format like matrixz and infidelity do. So im not able to do the slightest thing myself in terms of making anything. BUT ..if something is done in Fami Tracker by you or basilik8bits or whoever, then i have a very slim little chance of being able to study the fami tracker files and put in the notes and sounds into the mm3 format for the game. otherwise i'd be forced to ask matrixz to re-compose something into mm3-6's format. - author of megaman forever (mm 4 hack)

well i dont know if this even that great of an idea but every little bit would help. But like i keep thinking about the 2nd necro level half (the graveyard) before the 1st level (an abandonded city)

The first part of the level would just be a straight forward path (maybe 7 or 8 screens long i think). Until checkpoint.

The deal is - i wanted bottom half of screen being normal playfield, top half being a special brackground like possibly just only 2 layers. but probably only 1 if it's too complicated. Like i mean - i was hoping for some kind of large haunted mansion in the background. Which would be non-scrolling completely. So it would look like your very close in front of it.
** Very much similiar to the beginning of grolla's level on the 1st rosenkreustillete game is what i imagine it like in a way.

well i do wanna make an acheivement award for that section where there's some small sprite based tombstones you gotta push around and like maybe cover up certain holes in the ground where ghost metools and whatever else might pop out of the ground from.
- the middle and right will be for this this graveyard portion more than likely.
but im going with mm-omega's zombie joe he made which i have coded and setup already so far.

mm-omega thought that at the end of the graveyard section there would be a giant tombstone at the end and then [some kind of event would happen like the ground breaking up under you, or a non-hurting grave hand that drags you down, automatically controlled maybe] in which you would soon start the 2nd half of the stage underground in like a crypt or catacombs or something. (still graveyard-ish style if that's even possible) which i think would be cool.

Posted on: April 11, 2010, 12:11:17
okay well i wanna get to this seriously now without anymore stalling.
I finally accomplished my goal of reaching 1st place for pump man Time Attack on mm10 after dozens of hours and a couple thousand tries probably.

I sent yoku man a PM asking about graphics for this graveyard theme ...still like usual nothing is going on, nothing has been started on for reals. :( ... cause im trying so darn badly to find people like you guys.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 12:30:49 AM
Those are some interesting ideas. Is that transition you mentioned for the second grave level like the seond portion of the stage? I mean, if it is, I don´t think the hand idea would be fitting, since I imagine it more of a unescapable situation, and being able to choose another stage after getting dragged down onto the ground is a bit weird. I like the crumbling floor idea more, or you could go with a typical crypt gate with a crumbling stone door for that part.

Well, good luck with the answer if it still didn´t happened.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 02:21:17 AM
Those are some interesting ideas. Is that transition you mentioned for the second grave level like the seond portion of the stage? I mean, if it is, I don´t think the hand idea would be fitting, since I imagine it more of a unescapable situation, and being able to choose another stage after getting dragged down onto the ground is a bit weird. I like the crumbling floor idea more, or you could go with a typical crypt gate with a crumbling stone door for that part.

Well, good luck with the answer if it still didn´t happened.

ohh i see, yea well i wasn't really sure what it would be when getting there. Well the first level - the "abandonded city" will probably end with a boss battle against like a giant zombie as opposed to the regular plain zombie joe's mm-omega drew. followed by a little quick "intro the graveyard" ...then stage is over, go back to Stage Select/Save screen.
Then you can pick the 2nd level whenever ya feel like (like bolt and duplex were, since this is how it'll be for now on)

Well this end of graveyard portion i think would serve as the "halfway point" for this 2nd level in my opinion. Yea crumbling floor to drop into the crypt would make more sense more than likely as you said. or some little mini small event like that. :)

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 03:00:13 AM
Oh, I understood now. The hand idea wouldn´t be that unfitting then, though I still like the crumbling floor, it could be a bit more epic in my opinion

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 12:50:07 PM
I wanted to ask you all something.
I've been thinking about this for a real long time, i seriously wish i could do this, but all the guys in the romhacking IRC channel are against it saying like "it can be easily cheated/hacked .. blah blah stuff like that" And i know that seriously...but i wanna ask.

would anyone care at all if there was a leaderboards type thing for this game ? Im very serious when it comes to playing the Time Attack on mm9 and mm10 very much. I always wished i could have an online leaderboard for this hack. And i was inspidered by mm 9 (before 10 even came out) to do the whole entire time attack concept in the hack in the first place, with the addition of those shiny medals.

the NES doesn't ever have any sort of internet capabilities obviously, so only way in the world it could ever be possible is through a program that would connect to some website that has all the data, sending back and forth between in it ... with your emulator's SAV file that has your own records.

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/leaderboard.PNG - i was going to start on this program, but not sure if people would even care to use it at all if it were to become a reality someday in the future. :( just the whole idea of using a program seperate from a emulator or rom hack. i personally dont even like the thought of having to open a seperate program myself at all compared to getting to do through a game automatically.

this probably wont even be worth it ultimately huh ??

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 02:02:01 PM
Well I personally think it is worth the try, if possible.
I don't think it is that much of a deal to have more programs opened while playing, I have like 3 other programs opened at the same time while playing,
one more won't kill me. But I understand it is not worth the effort if ultimately no one would really care.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 07:19:27 PM
If it´s more of an extra thing and not something that you must have to play the game, then I wouldn´t really mind. It could be really nice for those youtubers that keep making speedruns.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: May 02, 2010, 05:01:39 PM
If it´s more of an extra thing and not something that you must have to play the game, then I wouldn´t really mind. It could be really nice for those youtubers that keep making speedruns.

yea would not ever have to be required or anything at all. Just if people feel like it.
I would seriously want to do this bad but i have truly zero skill or knowledge on how to do website stuff or anything reguarding "make a program connect to the internet" stuff. :(

I did something last night but it's not really anything special, i watched over 5 hours of playing from puresabe on duplex (the author of rockman 4 mi - minus infinity) ..and he encountered several bad glitches that i was never even aware of, so i got them all fixed. A couple were actually "game breaking" but im glad i saw his playthroughs and these glitches i was able to fix easily.

Posted on: April 19, 2010, 00:55:27
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=3112

decided to release the editor i use for this game to the public with the current rom as it is ...i really dont mind. There isn't anything started on period whatsoever since the demo 2 months ago, since i never can find anyone to TRULY help out in seriousness and not "i'll help, but maybe later" and end up never wanting to period and [parasitic bomb].

so i sorta am making this thing a bit open source or whatever...wether this helps or means nothing at all ... :(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:58:43 AM by kuja killer »

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: May 09, 2010, 01:24:45 PM
My own unfinished ver. of the Graveyard.

I'll improve it even if you dont want it in the game lol.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: May 09, 2010, 03:22:38 PM
That's a really good basic tile set. Nice job. The ground variations work well, and the darker red palette for the background looks cool. It might work for megaman but it honestly gives the feel of other NES titles.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: May 09, 2010, 03:31:13 PM
Well, M-Odyssey never really looked like a megaman game as it used MMC5 limitations and looked complex.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 07:48:20 PM
I think it really depends on what you do with the background. I really like how it looks so far.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: May 09, 2010, 07:53:07 PM
I did many things actually but nothing solid that I can post.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: May 11, 2010, 10:01:04 AM
well just again wanted to say that about the first section outside in the actual graveyard, i think it should be split in half. like the top half of the screen showing a big mansion in the background that i'd make non-moving. So it would be very close in front of the player.
dont know if it would be possible but would want to try having the sky actually have some form of day time and not black.

while the bottom half of the screen the actual play-field graveyard your walking through. With some special spots on the ground where some enemies will appear from, (which is what the pushable tombstones will affect)
----------------
the last screen of the graveyard would be a small side-event intro or whatever thing, for dropping down into the cyrpt.

Posted on: May 10, 2010, 05:12:34
i feel like i really want to get myself out of this whole concept about the 8 robot master stages all being 2 seperate levels each for 16 whole levels. But i feel like there's no way i can since duplex, bolt, and necro obviously are 2 stages each already.

it's just that ..it's like ..it just only holds this game back longer and longer for taking far much longer than just desinging 8 stages normally.

but then speedremix's idea's for glacier woman just sounded too good to pass up and i really liked it, about the 2 seperate levels.

i just dont know what to do. :( like i have no choice but to keep this concept period even though only duplex and bolt are even made after 4 years. :(

and uhh, has anyone here taken the level editor i felt like sharing to everyone ??
edit: sheesh i just only realized now that the link i posted here was broken, because someone deleted it off the acmlm board uploader and i had to reupload it again. I had already updated the link on acmlm before a week ago, but i completely forgot about on here. err (well i did back on page 3)