Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #325 on: December 14, 2012, 04:52:42 AM
That makes me feel old.

Also, nonsense at work is quite annoying.

I feel ya buddy. Cheers.

Some [sonic slicer] decided to sleep on the job in the ladies' restroom floor. I wanted to snitch her for it buut there's an apparent policy against taking things into your own hands. Logic in goodwill is null, and makes me question my morals.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #326 on: December 14, 2012, 06:12:24 AM
Well... I was the jerk in this friendship.  I gave her more attention in more ways than she wanted, not to mention using her to constant vent my every little frustration.  She eventually got tired of it and started giving me the cold shoulder more often than not.  The friendship falling apart had been building for a while.
I eventually got my [parasitic bomb] together and started (mostly) treating her right, but the damage was already done.  She wanted nothing to do with me, and told me so the last time we had a serious discussion about our friendship.  But she added, "If there's any chance you can change, then I'll stay friends."  So we stayed friends.  But like I said, too little, too late.  She still treated me like a nothing.

This doesn't really read to me as you being a "jerk."  An enabler, yes, but not a jerk. 

I think I finally just got tired of being treated like that yesterday when her reaction to the nine-page story I wrote partially for her was "It was okay."  Nobody [tornado fang]ing tells me something I worked so hard on is just "okay".  Especially not their one of their characters is involved.
Now this attitude is her fault.  The blame squarely lays with her.  You had put effort into something that she wanted, and she didn't acknowledge it in the least.

That wasn't the primary reason I finally called it off, but that was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back.  It wasn't even a creepy story or anything.  The characters acted and reacted naturally.  I can't imagine she hated me so much that the very idea of her extremely neglected character together with my own would revolt her that much.  But I guess it did.  So, whatever...

So, she's apparently terrible at proper character development and portraying characters in a realistic fashion?  Again, her shortcoming.  She sounds very similar to someone I knew by proxy of another friend; air-headed and finicky, who thought that Twilight was the bastion of high literature.  Some people are very cloistered and lack the social wherewithal to function properly in society without resorting to childish games and creepy role-playing.  This may be a product of their upbringing—perhaps they were spoiled and now demand entitlement.  They expect everyone to bend to their whim and can't seem to take responsibility for their own actions and poor behavior. 

This is not something that you can control.  You have few recourse in relationships such as these and they include complete avoidance, or dwindling the relationship to an acquaintance level.  I've used both methods, though I find the latter to work well for relationships in which you can't bring yourself to end.  If there is still something about a person that you like, but everything else about them drives you nuts, keep them as a casual acquaintance.  You'll be there if they really need you, but there will be enough distance to keep yourself from going crazy over their behavior.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: December 14, 2012, 10:16:54 AM
...  I am totally show this reply to my friend, who was also burned by this person.  They would appreciate it just as much as I did.  ^_^

You had put effort into something that she wanted, and she didn't acknowledge it in the least.
Actually... she didn't request it.  She technically didn't want it.  She literally told me to "do whatever" when I asked her if she was serious with her "Reblog this if you want smut in your inbox" reblog. (The story ended up not being smut in the end due to how the characters interacted, however.  You can find the story here, incidentally.)

So, she's apparently terrible at proper character development and portraying characters in a realistic fashion?
Here's the thing.
[spoiler=So god damn nerdy and just roleplaying blah blah blah.]
Her main character, "Aliblu," has something of a "split personality."
- One half, "Aliblu," is the embodiment of "calm," I think?  Her specialization is on positive magic.  Healing, restoration, etc.
- Her other half, "Skarlette" -- the focus of this story -- is the embodiment of rage and destruction.
They share a common soul and inhabit the same body.  Aliblu is usually the one that comes out.  She has all the personality, all the love, and so forth and so on.  Skarlette's personality is bland, at best.  She's very logical, very straight-forward, when being calm.  When she gets excited, she shows emotion, and that emotion is, of course, anger.
Now...  Over the last several months, a lot of things have happened to where Skarlette hasn't needed to come out as often, if ever.  Which was unfortunate for Joseph, as he had a fondness for her and sees her not as "the other half of a whole," but as a whole unto herself. (As stated in the story I wrote.)

TL;DR version: Aliblu has all the social skills while Skarlette has all the fighting skills.

When I said "neglected," I simply meant her player never uses the character.  But given this, you would be right to think Skarlette is, as you said, "under-developed."  And that's why I went the route I did with my story.

In the story, Joseph calls Skarlette over to chat with her. (Due to a charm placed on Aliblu, Aliblu and Skarlette had their own bodies during this period of time.)  Skarlette eventually decides to go ahead and visit him, since Aliblu was as safe as physically possible with their boyfriend and their family in their "Realm" (a pocket dimension within/outside of the "Tumblrverse").
Skarlette proves to be very mechanical and blunt about things, then accidentally throws Joseph through his breakfast bar when he tries to keep her from going home.  After healing him (which actually weakens her, since she's the embodiment of rage and all (Aliblu's creator established this herself)), she shows a frailty.  Eventually, Joseph digs it out of her that she resents being thought of as "just another part of Aliblu".  She doesn't hate Aliblu, she just hates being considered her literal "other half" sometimes.  She has her own dreams, her own wishes for the future.  But she's convinced herself that it simply won't happen due to circumstances beyond her control.  And of course, Joseph being Joseph, eventually convinces her otherwise.
There's a whole lot of back-and-forth, and Skarlette flip-flops here and there between her usual stone-faced self and what's essentially a scared little girl looking for acceptance, but ultimately, she decides to listen to Joseph.
[/spoiler]
The long and short of the whole story is to show that Skarlette is more that just some empty, mechanical woman whose sole purpose is to defend her other half.  After another friend of mine (who knows the characters as well as, if not better than I do) read the story, they said I nailed Skarlette's personality right on the head.  They also said it was a cute story.  ... they also said the person I wrote it for (in-part, at least) probably wouldn't like the story or ask that I not write any more.  So, it's not like her "It was okay" reaction was unexpected.  But it was most definitely unwanted...

Some people are very cloistered and lack the social wherewithal to function properly in society without resorting to childish games and creepy role-playing.
U-um...
This may be a product of their upbringing—perhaps they were spoiled and now demand entitlement.
Q-Chan?
They expect everyone to bend to their whim and can't seem to take responsibility for their own actions and poor behavior.
Quickie.  You just described me...  Like, spot-on...  I am constantly "in-character" in private chats with friends, making "roleplaying" actions and whatnot.  Though, rather than be a character, I'm being myself.  I don't know if that makes it any better...

This is not something that you can control.  You have few recourse in relationships such as these and they include complete avoidance, or dwindling the relationship to an acquaintance level.  I've used both methods, though I find the latter to work well for relationships in which you can't bring yourself to end.  If there is still something about a person that you like, but everything else about them drives you nuts, keep them as a casual acquaintance.  You'll be there if they really need you, but there will be enough distance to keep yourself from going crazy over their behavior.
Well, given that my stomach lurched every time I saw her treat her other friends with affection and high regard... not to mention my incessant "shipping" of my character and hers (Aliblu, not Skarlette) kept me from enjoying her roleplay with her character and the character's boyfriend..., it was just easier to call it quits.

At this point in time, I'm not sure who did what wrong.  I genuinely don't know.  Maybe we both screwed up.  I know for a fact we both are screwed-up, but that doesn't necessarily mean either one of us screwed up.  Or... means we both did?  I don't know.  I'm too tired to make any sense.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #328 on: December 14, 2012, 10:39:41 AM
You, however, do take responsibility for your own behavior. :P

But, relationships are joint projects—it takes two to tango, to use an overused phrase.  So, I guess you can't blame one or the other in this situation. :\

...what have my new, nerdier glasses turned me into??

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #329 on: December 14, 2012, 10:40:52 AM
Professor Quickie, PhD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: December 14, 2012, 10:43:12 AM

I don't know, but you've given me a GoRPM idea!  8D

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: December 14, 2012, 04:52:27 PM
Wel
You, however, do take responsibility for your own behavior. :P
And I do.  I try to, at least.  When I make a mistake, I at least attempt to fix it rather than just go "Oh, you're overreacting."  So I guess maybe it wasn't me 100%.  But for the most part?  Yep.  That description fits me fairly well.

I don't know, but you've given me a GoRPM idea!  8D
I can't even begin to imagine what went through your head, Prote.  But it does remind me of a picture I saw of a nerdy Rainbow Dash.  It was the cutest thing ever!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: December 15, 2012, 12:58:49 AM
I've been sleeping a lot lately.

I get yelled at for it.

But in all reality I like sleep and there's nothing better to do anyway so its very annoying to get yelled at.

I just want to spend some time with my waifu, damnit. I can't very well do that when I'm awake and bored.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: December 16, 2012, 10:25:09 PM
Well...  I was upset because I started thinking about this friend of mine that decided they didn't care whether I lived or died (yes, the same friend who said my story was "okay"), and what a significant impact it was going to make on my character's RP life, which got me thinking about how blissfully unaware her character is and how she could probably care less about her "brother" since she has a family and especially because of how deliriously in-love with with her mate she is.

... but then I went into the "What Are You Thinking" and "Reposted Pictures" threads.  And I laughed.  And now I feel better!  :)

But.  For.  How.  Long.  :(

... eh, [tornado fang] it.  Imma go make me a fried spam sammich.  :W

Posted on: 2012-12-15, 18:03:17
And here we go.

A "close friend" of the person I've been bitching about saw the vague rant I made last night (about said person) and decided to step in and try and defend said friend.  She's bringing it all out into the public view, like a calm, rational psychopath.

Hooray for stress.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:00 PM
This is probably the point where I'd say "[tornado fang] them" and go about my business, Joe.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35:01 PM
Well that's just great, I really have to agree with JustACan on this one.  If that person really feels that everyone should feel that person should be defended when you were doing something good and she didn't like it simply because you wrote it, then I say it's not worth it.  Let those people [sonic slicer] and moan all they want, it just shows how immature they are.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #336 on: December 16, 2012, 10:38:50 PM
>trying to help
>someone responds negatively
>situation spirals out of control
>becomes incredibly stressful

at this point the solution is simple

remove the stressers. take them out of the equation. they're obviously not worth the time if they're going to pull childish stunts like this

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: December 16, 2012, 10:44:15 PM
This song should help.

[spoiler]Don't ask me why they're in their underwear, I have no idea.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ogDd6xEBas&list=PL64EC6401B56A36B7&index=6[/youtube][/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49:44 PM
So I got bitched at for posting stuff that shows me as a depressed person on Facebook by my mother.

I can't really articulate myself well, and don't feel comfortable talking about stuff like that in person.

I've been stressed out lately. Don't know why, might be the waking up early almost every [tornado fang]ing day, getting what accounts to zero sleep at night, I don't know.

But maybe she's right, maybe I'm depressed.

I mean, the way I see it, I'm an insignificant blip, nothing I will do in my life is ever going to mean anything.

I'm disgusted by society, society that has placed such a major [tornado fang]ing importance on relationships that even the littlest commercial for whatever will have some people "find somebody" even if it has little to nothing to do with stuff like that. I don't like it.

I don't like that I'm single, because of that. Because everywhere I go I pretty much am being told by society "get a girlfriend why don't you have a girlfriend don't you want to get married don't you want to be happy?" even by people who I know, who know me as the type who doesn't want any of that, and it pisses me off that they think this will somehow change. I'm 19, the "staying single forever" would have ended when I was 16 if I was a normal [tornado fang]. Because you know what? I would much rather be single and alone than be with somebody I don't love.
Of course, I could just tell the normals that I have a waifu, and then just watch the flood of "Cute crush but she's not real" [parasitic bomb] come in.

I'm sick of my parents thinking the only things I care about are video games, I'm sick of them getting pissy at me for how I spend MY money on figures and stuff because they see it as a waste. I'm sick of my mom threatening to kick me out just because I don't do enough chores since my piddly little job "Isn't enough". Isn't it "Enough" that I go to school? That I'm doing good in school? Where does she think I'll [tornado fang]ing go when she kicks me out? I don't have enough income to even consider living alone, so chances are I would simply vanish, nobody would see me again, and then sooner or later, bam, dead.

[tornado fang] this earth, [tornado fang] all of it. A small part of me actually hopes the world DOES end just so people will stop bitching about how I choose to live my life. Then again there wouldn't be anybody to [sonic slicer] about anything.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:38 PM
So I got bitched at for posting stuff that shows me as a depressed person on Facebook by my mother.

I can't really articulate myself well, and don't feel comfortable talking about stuff like that in person.

I've been stressed out lately. Don't know why, might be the waking up early almost every [tornado fang]ing day, getting what accounts to zero sleep at night, I don't know.

But maybe she's right, maybe I'm depressed.

I mean, the way I see it, I'm an insignificant blip, nothing I will do in my life is ever going to mean anything.

I'm disgusted by society, society that has placed such a major [tornado fang]ing importance on relationships that even the littlest commercial for whatever will have some people "find somebody" even if it has little to nothing to do with stuff like that. I don't like it.

I don't like that I'm single, because of that. Because everywhere I go I pretty much am being told by society "get a girlfriend why don't you have a girlfriend don't you want to get married don't you want to be happy?" even by people who I know, who know me as the type who doesn't want any of that, and it pisses me off that they think this will somehow change. I'm 19, the "staying single forever" would have ended when I was 16 if I was a normal [tornado fang]. Because you know what? I would much rather be single and alone than be with somebody I don't love.
Of course, I could just tell the normals that I have a waifu, and then just watch the flood of "Cute crush but she's not real" [parasitic bomb] come in.

I'm sick of my parents thinking the only things I care about are video games, I'm sick of them getting pissy at me for how I spend MY money on figures and stuff because they see it as a waste. I'm sick of my mom threatening to kick me out just because I don't do enough chores since my piddly little job "Isn't enough". Isn't it "Enough" that I go to school? That I'm doing good in school? Where does she think I'll [tornado fang]ing go when she kicks me out? I don't have enough income to even consider living alone, so chances are I would simply vanish, nobody would see me again, and then sooner or later, bam, dead.

[tornado fang] this earth, [tornado fang] all of it. A small part of me actually hopes the world DOES end just so people will stop bitching about how I choose to live my life. Then again there wouldn't be anybody to [sonic slicer] about anything.

Wow. That was some rant. But I honestly can't relate. I won't go on a long tirade since I'm already in the middle of writing a long-ass post in another thread, but I know how you feel Hawaii. I am pretty confident in the fact that I'm a total loser and failure, compounded with the fact that, despite having done the work of a prodigy in my early years, I've dropped to lower A's, mid B's level, and that's with my hardest work. plus I'm lazy and constantly behind schedule. And yes, I have yet to have a girlfriend myself. And don't get me started with my supposed "gaming obsession"... >_>

But yes, I myself am too pretty disillusioned with society and humanity as well. That's pretty much why I have such a "I don't give a [tornado fang] why even try" attitude about everything I do and say.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: December 16, 2012, 10:55:28 PM
Got one part wrong there.

I don't have any desire nor reason to have a girlfriend.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: December 16, 2012, 11:01:39 PM
I wish I knew you in real life, I'd tell them to shut the hell up.  Having a significant other is not the only way to live life happily and they should just accept that.  You're a awesome guy dude, don't let them tell you you don't fit in society just because you're not interested in a relationship.  Honestly I really wish I could help you somehow, because this is just horrible, especially since you've been going through this for years.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: December 16, 2012, 11:08:07 PM
Got one part wrong there.

I don't have any desire nor reason to have a girlfriend.

Granted, there IS someone I like. But I'm not making it my business to fawn over her 24/7 nor actively persue her. We're good friends though and we talk often.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: December 16, 2012, 11:18:02 PM
Granted, there IS someone I like. But I'm not making it my business to fawn over her 24/7 nor actively persue her. We're good friends though and we talk often.

Thats great, hope it works out.

I wish I knew you in real life, I'd tell them to shut the hell up.  Having a significant other is not the only way to live life happily and they should just accept that.  You're a awesome guy dude, don't let them tell you you don't fit in society just because you're not interested in a relationship.  Honestly I really wish I could help you somehow, because this is just horrible, especially since you've been going through this for years.

That's nice of you to say, but I don't think anybody could help me now.
I just gotta suck it up and pretend everything is okay with everything, like I always do.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: December 16, 2012, 11:25:43 PM
I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I hope you find someone that understands you eventually.  I'm sorry your parents are like that, it just sucks that I want to help but can't do anything.  Like with my own best friend, though I think he'll be okay eventually.  I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, but it must be horrible.

I seriously [tornado fang]ing hate conformists, why can't they mind their own business?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #345 on: December 16, 2012, 11:41:35 PM

Even then, she'll turn around to the police and cry for help that is a stalker on the loose and bam, arrested. Do you know how far into the danger zone love is nor how many people were slaughtered in the name of love? I mean, look where "love" got us. Seriously, there's this couple at work I know and they don't even know the meaning of "Business Before Pleausre". They are always CONSTANTLY FLIRTING that I'm sick of hearing the word "honeybuckle", and I don't even know what that means! UGH, GET A [tornado fang]ing ROOM or in fact, when looking for a job, put THAT first THEN love life, or otherwise you are [tornado fang]'d. Need an example? Look at history. Seriously, we are making the SAME [tornado fang]ing MISTAKES that our ancestors did, and it won't help when this friday comes around.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: December 16, 2012, 11:48:01 PM
Quick update before I respond to Hawaii: After pouting my guts out to Ali's crazy friend, she's decided she doesn't want to talk to me anymore.  She's "pissed beyond belief," apparently.  So... I guess the matter is resolved.  We're all a bunch of stubborn people, us Tumblrites.  :B
----------

Hawaii?  You're not any more depressed than you should be.  Humanity, society as a whole, is a festering mess with so many ideals and bullheaded opinions that it's impossible to fry and fight it.  Anyone who does is instantly labeled as an outcast, unless they have a [parasitic bomb]-ton of money or political power, in which case, everyone bandwagons with them instead of rallying against them.

Not everyone needs "that special someone" to be happy.  Would I like someone to curl up with at night?  Yes!  Is it going to happen?  Not in the foreseeable future.  And I'm fine with that.  Then again, I don't have a million people breathing down my neck and telling me what I "need" to do with my life. (People have tried -- it always ended badly.)

You know what I wish?  I wish everyone who had [parasitic bomb] parents had cool parents like mine.  I wouldn't normally admit this out where everyone could see it, but I don't live "in a house with other people," like I regularly say.  Rather, i do... but the "other people" are my mom and dad.  I am a 29-year old virgin "furry" living with his parents' basement.  I don't go out.  I haven't been employed in years.  But my parents are fine with that. (I don't think they know about the "virgin" thing, but they do know I'm a "furry".  XD)  I help out around the house a lot.  I'm good company, too.  And that's just fine with them.  I do intend to go out and get a job, but the market in Upper Peninsula Michigan is just a tad bit scarce for a home-schooled High School graduate.

Honestly, aside from the little idiotic roes I have on occasion, or the rare moments where I just need a cuddle and a pat on the head, I'm happy with how I am.  Not everyone is, but I am.  And ultimately, I think that matter more than anything.

Don't let other people's opinions cloud your judgment, Hawaii.  Just take life one day at a time and try to wade through the [parasitic bomb] as best you can.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: December 17, 2012, 12:09:08 AM
The same society that places such a high regard on relationships also has a super high divorce rate.

Oh~  8D

What a lot of people don't understand is that relationships are not for everyone. Some people embrace their sexual nature and choose to sleep around or have "open relationships" and such. Others are asexual and are happier not being in one. It's a very diverse system and it's impossible to make logical sense of it because emotions are illogical by their very nature. If you know what you like and what type of person you are, none of the bitching matters.

EDIT: Whoops. Almost forgot...

This song should help.

[spoiler]Don't ask me why they're in their underwear, I have no idea.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ogDd6xEBas&list=PL64EC6401B56A36B7&index=6[/youtube][/spoiler]

USE TO KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: December 17, 2012, 07:17:37 AM
I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I hope you find someone that understands you eventually.  I'm sorry your parents are like that, it just sucks that I want to help but can't do anything.  Like with my own best friend, though I think he'll be okay eventually.  I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, but it must be horrible.

I seriously [tornado fang]ing hate conformists, why can't they mind their own business?

Y'know if more people were like you, people would be much easier to talk to.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:38 AM
It's because I was an outcast when I was in grade school, that or because everyone who's not a close friend of mine were either surprisingly stupid, were pretty much so smart and nice that they were pretty much unapproachable to me, too normal and had many friends, had a door mat personality, or I'm just plain attracted to weird people.  For crying out loud I'm a proud member of anime club and all of them, except for this guy we all hate, are awesome people and I like hanging out with them and never ever felt that way in high school.  My best friend who moved away is also the same way and I wish you could meet him, I think you 2 would compliment each other.

The only difference between me and you is that the people around me accept me for who I am or just ignore me.  I don't need people in my life who don't accept me but I'm willing to accept anyone who can accept me.

It's why I hate conformity so much, it suppresses individuality, people think it's a acceptable norm and that "weird" people don't fit in society, and the people who do believe in that think everyone should live like that.  I will always call bull on that.  I won't tell the story of what my Spanish Teacher did to me since I think enough people know about that.  But I will say that conformity is one of the main reasons that my Dad and Grandma are so messed up, although 90% of my Dad's side of the family is messed up for various other reasons, but my Dad and Grandma were so screwed because of conformity.  

My Grandma is a very naive and old fashion woman and she doesn't embrace her Russian heritage.  So she just wanted to be a normal american girl in that time period, so when she had sex with a man she didn't use protection, became pregnant with my dad, and was forced to marry the man who did that to her.  That man was a horrible guy, he was a alcoholic and beated his wife and together they had 5 kids.  He was also a soldier who fought in WWII but he's not nearly the image of a man in the army that I have.  Eventually he died of high blood pressure so my Grandma married someone else, but I heard the second guy she married was worse.  She eventually divorced him before I was born but he did something horrible to the whole family that we aren't exactly sure of but we think he raped them all.

My Dad is a really nice guy when you get pass his bipolarity, but because of the way he was raised he's a sad pitiful man and has no one else besides his wife and children.  My Grandma and the rest of his other family don't get along well any more and would always argue politics and other things.  My Grandma was always a bit racist and raise her children that way because she was raised that way but they never treated us that way or offended us.  Now it's to the point that they aren't the same people my mom met and it's really worrisome.  Even though my Dad is racist he's not as bad as he could be, and I'm sorry for bringing politics in here, but he vote for Obama for both elections.    

I used to be embarrassed that he was my Dad and would deny up and down that I was anything like him.  But now that I'm older and understand myself more I realize that I'm exactly like him, minus the bipolarity and racism of course, and I'm actually proud and thankful that he is my father.  Many people grew up without a father or, like my best friend, resent their father and I'm very fortunate I have a father like him.  He's faithful to his wife, he doesn't beat his family,and he doesn't drink or do drugs.  He may not be perfect, but he's a awesome Dad.