Ryuusei no Rockman Manga Over?

Rock Miyabi · 20925

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
on: January 14, 2009, 02:28:27 AM
Perhaps lost in the excitement over the mysterious Boss Design Contest from January's CoroCoro was the apparent sudden end of Ryo Takamisaki's return. After just two issues, it appears the Ryuusei no Rockman 3 manga has officially come to a close.

The owari marking found on the final page of the chapter typically signifies the end and there is no usual mention of it appearing in the next issue. Add the fact that a cover preview for the February issue has no sign of Rockman on it anymore, it's safe to say the manga is done for. The other RnR manga, featuring a fatter, kiddier art style, and a Coro Special staple since EXE, has also ended by the looks of things. Which many could take as yet another signal that the Ryuusei series probably won't have a fourth game in it's future.

For those who would like to view the two chapters from December and January, they can be grabbed from these two links:
Part 1 (December Issue)
Part 2 (January Issue)

News and Scanning Credit: Star★Break from On-Air

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:35:19 AM
Merely two issues?

That's... not much.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:02:32 AM
That bites.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:04:52 AM
good riddance

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:16:40 AM
What?! Nooooooooo, what was the point of getting Takamizaki back? D: I'm not sure, but does the final line actually say something like, "this story will continue in RnR3"? No fair T___T

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 04:47:53 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:08:23 PM
What?! Nooooooooo, what was the point of getting Takamizaki back? D: I'm not sure, but does the final line actually say something like, "this story will continue in RnR3"? No fair T___T

Well, just like Battle Network, they are not explain how plot end gonna be? even Star Force is ended up too. ;O;

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:26 AM
Owari

Yep. Seen that phrase before. Capcom fans are going to learn to hate that word with a passion.

Now ordinarily, I'd say this doesn't necessarily mean that Starforce is going to end, but with both the Manga AND the Anime being canceled, in addition to the Pressers before SF3 even came out saying that the story would "climax", and then that action-RPG/EXE hybrid Shin Rockman rumbling, I'm pretty set that this'll be the last SF game.

Which, unfortunately, due to the gameplay and lack of execution of the space theme, I have to echo the others, here:
good riddance

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 04:04:17 AM
I agree. Everything seems to be shaping up, such that Capcom wanted to sweep Ryuusei under the truck with the quickness, and get geared up for whatever new thing they're trying to come up with. To them, the sooner Ryuusei is out of the minds' of the general public, the more receiving they should be for the new thing.

Yeesh, and I used to think thought what they did with ZX was cold.  8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 04:06:19 AM
Yeesh, and I used to think thought what they did with ZX was cold.  8D

We've gotta have at least one more ZX to wrap up everything.

With Starforce, it's now at a point where it can afford to end. ZX, not so much.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 04:14:02 AM
Oh come on, I can't be the only Ryusei liker here...can I?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 04:15:56 AM

I was extremely gung-ho about the theme and story of Starforce when it was first announced, but again, execution hang-ups marred the series.

Offline Rockman Milo

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • MiloManX's gallery at deviantART
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 04:49:31 AM

You aren't the only one, I like it too. A LOT.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 05:05:36 AM
I like it too. but the Manga was stupid.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:07 AM
Obviously me posting the news, helping out at a dead site devoted to the series, and shelling out money for photocopied production art like this... NEW STUFF I'M SCANNING RIGHT NOW THAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!! NEW NEW NEW ALL WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW!!...should give you your answer. There are about 11 of us total in the world. 8D

It's just the usual Rockman fandom. People whine and complain because they hold one series in higher regard, etc., etc. The same people who say they hate RnR were the ones who didn't like EXE, but suddenly love EXE because it's not RnR. Or they're just ashamed and even though they own the games, they hate to admit they play 'em. People who complain about too few panels to move need to learn how to avoid enemies better. People who whine that Tribe King is ugly and broken just shouldn't use it because there's no need to anyway. It is what it is, and I think some of us old timers are just used to it. You can't please everyone.

I liked the space theme, and how they mixed it up each game without totally delving from it, I thought Subaru was a more compelling main character than Netto, I thought the storyline had a little more to it than anything in EXE (it at least wrapped up things the best since Zero), and the music did get better and better. Also Akane and Orihime.  0v0

It's not my favoritest series, but it's Rockman. And I like it.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 05:37:59 AM
Akane <3
I liked RNR,(the first one better than the second... I didnt quite like RNR 2 that much) and exe a little bit, but id sacrifice them all for the continuation of the classic X and ZX series, whove all been neglected because card battlers like EXE are big hits in Japan.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 05:45:03 AM
Starforce is, and yet is not, Battle Network.

Starforce is reminiscent of BN 4, 5, and 6. The story, once again, is some invading force, usually preying on darkness itself or the darkness in peoples' hearts, and it's up to you to stop it. At the same time, the gameplay tried to throw in far too many "new" concepts that clashed with the tactical nature of the original idea. Starforce limits you to one row. Now, you can't have nearly as many strategies, and the only way you can use anything close-range is to use a really screwy "lock-on" system that, more often than not, will result in collision damage, IF your attack succeeds. Now I will say that the Starforce series DID take away Chip Codes, made shields and the like a one-button event, and SF3 did reintroduce P.A.s and eliminated the "dead-end" encounters, but these changes were made far too late to save a dying series which borrowed heavily from the worst half (except BN6, which is fun) of an already niche predecessor.

Sure, BN and SF have their share of characters you can empathize with, but BN1-3 fleshed out the Internet concept AND the stories were schemed around the retaliation and plans (that you lay waste to) that resulted from either Dr. Wily's Machiavellian twistings or some other social problem.

As far as babes are concerned, hey, anymore, you can't have a game like these that doesn't have at least one or maybe even two fan-favorites (unless it's Pokemon, then there's one everywhere you turn).

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 06:01:36 AM
I like it too. but the Manga was stupid.

Sure, the problem is that it finally had the chance to be as good as the EXE manga with Takamizaki in charge again, and they cancel it after only two chapters of Takamizaki...

Starforce is, and yet is not, Battle Network.

Starforce is reminiscent of BN 4, 5, and 6. The story, once again, is some invading force, usually preying on darkness itself or the darkness in peoples' hearts, and it's up to you to stop it. At the same time, the gameplay tried to throw in far too many "new" concepts that clashed with the tactical nature of the original idea. Starforce limits you to one row. Now, you can't have nearly as many strategies, and the only way you can use anything close-range is to use a really screwy "lock-on" system that, more often than not, will result in collision damage, IF your attack succeeds. Now I will say that the Starforce series DID take away Chip Codes, made shields and the like a one-button event, and SF3 did reintroduce P.A.s and eliminated the "dead-end" encounters, but these changes were made far too late to save a dying series which borrowed heavily from the worst half (except BN6, which is fun) of an already niche predecessor.

Sadly, you're right on the too late part.

I liked the space theme, and how they mixed it up each game without totally delving from it, I thought Subaru was a more compelling main character than Netto, I thought the storyline had a little more to it than anything in EXE (it at least wrapped up things the best since Zero), and the music did get better and better

Agreed, I really liked the ending (especially the ending picture XD), and the music, especially the main theme, was awesome.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:02:56 AM
SSR was okay, but when all's said and done, it made me take EXE for granted.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 03:05:55 AM
Maybe now we can get a ZX3 to find finally put that secret ending to a rest. Also Prometheus and Pandora as the two main characters, which pretty much seems to be drifting that way.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:17 AM
Maybe now we can get a ZX3 to find finally put that secret ending to a rest. Also Prometheus and Pandora as the two main characters, which pretty much seems to be drifting that way.

I'm still willing to bet that ZX3 won't happen, until Capcom has their new "cash cow" Rockman series (a la EXE). Since Ryuusei didn't exactly live up to that, whatever this "Shin Rockman" may stand to be, has that immediate goal in mind.

Once that's accomplished, maybe THEN Capcom will be willing to "branch" out and try out more things with the brand...like hopefully DASH 3 in the near future.

Offline Ace DeSpade

• More awesome than you.
  • Robot Master
  • ^Is awesome.
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 06:20:18 AM
Ryuusei basically fell because of the EXE Lovers/Ryuusei haters, who kept comparing them to be the same. They ruined a fun series (excluding 2), which was, even though simplistic and had it's flaws, a great game series with a more interesting theme than it's predecessor.

Thanks Ryuusei Haters, for destroying a series some of us loved.

[insert decent signature here]