Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 393853

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #6975 on: September 14, 2018, 01:20:19 AM
Ruby waved at Touko in acknowledgement of the request and gave an experimental poke at the Printer on the network, trying to replicate what she'd seen Kai do earlier. When it worked, she gave an audible "Squee!" and promptly piled another dozen or so requests on top of the one currently being worked on, prompting Kai's eyebrows to almost shoot off of his face as he registered the additions to the queue he was monitoring. Without saying a word, he turned and just stared. Ruby shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"W-What? I hafta eat, y'know? S'part of how I refuel. Well....refuel properly, anyway. Because this? -" - she waved her arm again and Kai's eyes widened in surprise as he could only just make out the vague shape of a hand in the gigantic black blur that seemed to just appear in the space her arm had previously occupied. - "-...doesn't last forever, and it's-really-hard-to-stop-myself-from..."

Her arm blurred again, not seeming to actually move, but suddenly there was a bright red handprint on her cheek from where she'd presumably just slapped herself. She exhaled, and started to speak again, but it seemed to Kai like she was putting a lot more effort into measuring her words this time.

"It's really hard to stop myself once I get going like this, so I don't like doing it if I can help it."

Explanation complete, she went back to staring at the machine as though that would somehow speed up whatever it was doing, and it was only then that Kai noticed how....fidgety...she was being. She was bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet, one hand tapping a rhythm against her thigh while the other played absently with a lock of her hair. If he hadn't known she was a robot he'd have compared her to a child on a sugar high or a massive caffeine binge. He silently mulled the implications over as Fugo headed towards them.

"So....is she like this because of....?"

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6976 on: September 14, 2018, 01:25:51 AM
Touko looked up from the ship fuel spot.

"Hmm... what are you making up there? Hearing a lot of beeping. Wait a minute... that smell, freshly baked cookies?"

Touko did a jump off the spot, letting the fuel kinda just go until it does that clicky thing, and used her boots to extend her jump and break her fall to the printer.

"That's.... a lot of cookies. At least I think its a lot."

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6977 on: September 14, 2018, 01:35:33 AM
"Wow.....Ruby's.....really going fast.....I can barely keep up with her.  And I'm a [chameleon sting]ing ninja." Fugo blinked "Huh.....maybe I should have Sakura make something for her to better control her speed.......or at the very least brake better."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6978 on: September 14, 2018, 01:40:04 AM
"Huh, that speed is hurting my head. And these cookies piling up can't be very good if they're getting all over the filthy floor."

Touko just stared in amazement of the cookies piling up before looking over at Ruby who seemed to be turning into a blur.

['Could this be why she was split off from her sisters?']

"I honestly kind of feel bad for her, there's gotta be something lying around that can at least inhibit her overactive core."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6979 on: September 14, 2018, 01:47:46 AM
"Knowing Wily and his....more unique robots there's a very low chance we can find something here without properly analyzing her......" Fugo said quitely as he picked up one of the cookies and took a bite "Hmm not bad, not as good as Niu's but a little better than those cookies Zeta gave me 2 days ago, she just needed to dial down the sugar a little on those too."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #6980 on: September 14, 2018, 06:13:30 AM
Haku went over to have cookie or two.

"You know this is pretty much the same thing Karring does when it comes to a muffin button." she says, yet through that impenetrable smile of hers, she feels like there's something missing, "Could use a little less vanilla flavored, I suppose." she added.

Fear me.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6981 on: September 14, 2018, 09:39:46 AM
Ruby only caught the tail-end of Touko's comment about her core, and spun around to face her (and Fugo and.....Haku? Was she remembering that right?).

"Thedoctor'striedtofixthi-"

Her words were blurring together even more than was normal for her, and she flailed her arms in panic for a second before shooting Kai an imploring look over her shoulder. Kai, who had been busy sifting through the veritable mountain of cookies to try and find the stuff they'd requested prior, raised his head to meet her eyes.

[R: KAI-I-NEEDTOEXPLAINTHISHELP]

Kai was silent for a moment. There was a way he could help her...probably....but after what had happened with....He shook himself.

"Focus on the now, Ruby needs your help.

[K: Okay. This is going to feel a little weird, but I promise I'm just trying to help. Please, don't fight this.]

For the first time since they'd met, he stepped almost fully onto the network they shared and asserted his presence there, instead of hanging around on the edges like he'd been doing prior. Ruby, who until this point had been getting increasingly fidgety in her panic, suddenly went very still and visibly relaxed, eyes closing in relief before she stiffened again and raised her head. To an outside observer, it was almost as though a switch had been flipped inside her head. Where she'd previously been open and expressive with her body language, now it was very subdued, her facial expression more closed off, and the cadence of her speech closer to what little Kai had spoken out loud. Kai met her eyes, nodded, and went back to searching.

"The doctor has tried to fix this, but he couldn't because he doesn't know what he did to make me like this. I...we....weren't as....well thought out, as some of his other creations."

Kai's eyes glittered with something resembling dark amusement, but he stayed silent. Ruby missed the whole thing, and continued to speak.

"I....technically have two power cores. One is a standard one.....but it's a bit old fashioned. I have to actually eat stuff to recharge....can't recharge the proper way. The other one is...the Doctor calls it a "Kinetic Conversion Engine"....but he has no clue exactly what is or how he built it. It....ah, I can't explain this very well....it's like I'm running on a treadmill, the faster I go the faster the treadmill goes, but as I speed up it gets easier to speed up and harder to stop? I can't think-of-another-way-to-descri-"

Kai's eyebrows narrowed together in concentration and Ruby visibly twitched before catching herself and continuing.

"So, I'm basically powered by movement." She paused briefly to stare at her hands, apparently marvelling at how steady they seemed to be. "But I don't really....calm down....from getting like this. It's easy for humans, you just take deeper breaths and you can calm down, right? But me? All the extra energy I build up takes a while to....drain off somewhere?....it....I feel like I'm pouring water into a well....it's still there, and I can pull more out if my main core is running low to keep myself going. I've been doing it for a while now, but I guess all the running I did on the way here was more than I needed to stay active..."

Kai grimaced and glanced off to the side for a second, an uncomfortable sensation in the back of his mind forming as Ruby continued talking.

"I feel....bad...for that? Hm...."

Ruby turned her head slightly to look at him, and he nodded, stepping back to his usual spot on the network. Ruby sagged slightly, but caught herself before she fell over. If anything, she looked slightly winded, but relieved at the same time.

"Whoo.....okay...I think I'm okay now."

Her movements looked more natural now, still quick but no longer as obviously blurry as before. Ducking her head to hide her embarrassed blush, she bent down to grab an armful of cookies and started to work her way through them. At the same time, Kai rose from where he'd been crouched with a large bundle of different fabrics in his arms.

"I think I found everything." He shot Touko a glance. "Is there somewhere we can go to get changed?"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6982 on: September 14, 2018, 04:04:09 PM
boforte screamed in agony as the FXE-Z rammed into the head of the mobile armour just as a large energy beam shot out of the glowing eye, missing the FXE-Z entirely, but shooting down a few stray Zaku Joes instead. The G-Forces pushing against boforte as the head was being pushed into a completely different direction agonised he even more.

boforte - FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

As the FXE-Z continued to push against the head, the beam chasing after the Magmarock began to close in from behind. With a final thrust upwards, the Magmarock dodged the beam, hitting the head instead and resulting in a large explosion, one that the FXE-Z managed to dodge at the very last second. When the pink smoke dissipated, half of the head armour was gone, revealing an injured, and conscious, boforte leaning out into space.

Meanwhile, the beam rifle shot from the Zettaireido connected with the mobile armour's body. Initially there was a large explosion, then nothing. Then multiple smaller explosions rocked the entire body until a final huge explosion signalled the end of the mobile armour. boforte looked at the explosion, and it was at that moment he knew... He [tornado fang]'d up.

boforte - STUPID SCUM!! I WILL DEAL WITH YOU ALL MYSELF!!

Enveloped in a crimson aura, boforte flew out of the head in his Boosted mode, and was face-to-face with gigantic mobile suits. With an arrogant smirk, he fired his Durian Bazooka.

(... Huh. That was harder than I thought. And if you really want to know how devastating his Durian Bazooka is on mobile suit armour... It is basically like firing head vulcans, aka not effective AT ALL)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6983 on: September 14, 2018, 11:10:20 PM
"Wow this is......pathetically sad." Asch stated in disbelief at boforte's last attempt at an assault which wasn’t doing anything even to the significantly damaged Magmarock.

The Zettaireido wordlessly approached the now gnat sized General by the wings.  Ignoring the curses and insults he was spewing Sakura simply turned around and flicked boforte away with great force.

“Uh...you know with how big these things are compared to his normal size…..we kind of could have crushed him and he wouldn’t be a problem anymore.” Asch pondered.

“Normally I’d agree with you, but tactically…..he’s more of a detriment to Wily alive than it would be an advantage to us if he was destroyed.” Sakura sighed.

“Really?” Asch replied.

“Yeah…..as you noticed boforte doesn’t care about his allies or backup, to him all that matters is that he destroys his opposition, usually with big explosions and lasers.  He’s also not very smart, he just attacks and attacks without actually thinking.” Sakura explained “He also won’t retreat in most situations because he’s too arrogant, even PB isn’t nearly as irrational with the amount of Ego he has. Basically in the grand scheme of things he’s nothing more than an attack dog, and with how difficult it is for Wily to rein him in, we might as well take advantage of that.”

“I see...for a glorified attack dog he sure did a lot of damage though.” Asch sighed.

“That was do more to my negligence than anything.” Sakura shook her head “I thought the Diffusing Cloak on your Gundam would be enough…...I was wrong, and you almost died because of it.”

“Sakura…..it’s fine.  I mean who would have thought boforte would come out piloting a freaking Mobile Suit of his own?” Asch said trying to reassure her.

“That’s not an excuse!” Sakura cried “Time and time again we keep saying Wily shouldn’t be underestimated but here I am [tornado fang]ing underestimating his capabilities!  I was even scoffing at some of PB’s design decisions not too long ago and look where that got you!”

“Mistakes happen Sakura, and Gundams and fighting in Gundams aren’t exactly your best specialties, you even said so yourself.” Asch replied gently “I’m fine, and I don’t want you to be so hard on yourself about it or dwell on it.  It’s a bad habit, besides I know you learned from this so it won’t happen again right?”

“Yeah…..the Magmarock needs to be repaired extensively…..and I want to make sure every Gundam comes equipped with a Beam Curtain so this doesn’t happen again…..” Sakura sighed.  “Still…..I can’t apologize enough….”

“Sakura you don’t need to, and didn’t PB say you need to apologize less?” Asch asked.

“Yeah….he did.” Sakura nodded.

“You’re already doing more than enough right now, I mean we’re alive and in one piece, I say that’s more than good enough right?” Asch smiled.

“I guess so…..still I have a lot to learn.  I feel like I’m not being as effective as I should be.” Sakura sighed.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6984 on: September 14, 2018, 11:25:33 PM
Touko partook in a few cookies, unlike Ruby or anybody else, eating was more of a pleasure thing than anything for her. She doesn't even really need to sustain her organic components with it as her body generates enough sustenance on its own to keep it going.

"For a second there I thought you said charged... i'm pretty sure the old guy had a loft, or at the very least a seperate room."

Touko kinda pointed in a general upwards direction towards a house looking thing.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6985 on: September 14, 2018, 11:41:08 PM
Kai shifted the bundle in his arms and handed Ruby a large red something, several suspicious looking bulges visible between the folds of the fabric. His own cargo told a similar story. Nodding his thanks to Touko he started towards the place she'd indicated.

"Thank you. C'mon, shortstack."

Ruby hefted her cargo and wandered after him, eyes gleaming with excitement.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6986 on: September 15, 2018, 01:28:55 AM
“Don't beat yourself up too much Sakura, these things happen. And hey, we're all still alive!” Fxeni says over the comm. … Barely, he thinks to himself as he examines the readings for the FXE-Z. He opens up a comm link to the Fxegama.

“Fxescythe Zeta to Fxegama, do you read?” he says,  taking off his helmet in the process.

“We hear you Commander; is it safe to launch?” the comm officer asks.

“Mobile armour is down, so it's safe. I'll need a pickup, I don't think the FXE-Z can get there reliably,” Fxeni replies as he fiddles around with the console.

“Roger that, on our way!” she replies firmly, closing the comm link. With that, the Fxegama emerges from the Triple M.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6987 on: September 15, 2018, 02:49:48 AM
"Yeah good call, I definitely don't think the Magmarock can get there, think the thrust might be close to shot." Asch laughed nervously.

Sakura merely took off her helmet and sighed as she awaited the Fxegama.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6988 on: September 15, 2018, 06:11:16 AM
boforte's smirk slowly turned into wide-eye despair as his projectiles bounced off the mobile suits' armour. Harmlessly.

boforte - BUT I AM THE STRONGEST!!

As the Zettaireido approached, boforte spewed out countless swears and insults, but was cut short when the mobile suit's fingers flicked him with great force... And he started to hurl towards Planet Websitia's atmosphere.

boforte - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo-

Back in the WDS, Dr. Wily II has his face buried in his palms. boforte has failed him... Again. Though it wasn't that much of a surprise coming from boforte... Still...

DWII - Arrrrrrrrgh... Why did I bother to create him in the first place... He was only effective during his freaking debut...

As his console beeped again, Dr. Wily II noticed that boforte had landed on the planet surface, intact but his system diagnostics are in the red.

DWII - At least he is hardy... Wait... Where is this place? Is that... A lab?

In an unfamiliar... Yet familiar part of Planet Websitia, a meteor is seen streaking in the sky, and crashes without much fanfare. As the smoke cleared, boforte emerged from the crater, very clearly battered and singed. His Boosted mode armour crumbled into pieces, clearly taking the full blunt of re-entry. Struggling to stand straight, boforte coughed out some transmission fluid.

boforte - Stupid Resistance... They really... [tornado fang]'d me good... But... I'm alive... Somehow... I guess the old man... Wasn't stupid afterall... Heh...

As he limped forward, boforte tried to access his teleportation matrix, only to hear white noise in his head.

boforte - Seems like my systems... Are barely holding up... And no way to... Contact the old man... Just great...

Cut off from familiarity, boforte decided to try and find a place to hide out for the moment as his repair system kicked in, another encounter with the Resistance might... Shockingly prove to be his end. Limping forward, he started to see a semblance of a structure in the distance.

boforte - Great... Maybe I can... Just hide there for now...

(Ok, so... Phi, if you have anything planned for Arche regarding the Zaku Joe, you can finish it up. If not, you can take the stray beam shot from my previous post to have taken it out instead, your choice.)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6989 on: September 15, 2018, 07:46:21 AM
As the Fxegama approaches, the hangar bay doors open and GMs syphon out. They split up into groups and carefully bring the damaged Mobile Suits back through the doors from whence they came. Once back inside the confines of the hangar, a group of engineers hurriedly rush up to inspect the damage done. A woman with short red hair approaches the FXE-Z as Fxeni emerges from the cockpit.

“Do you always come back this battered?” Ariani asks as she sees the cut on the left side of his face.

“I want to say no, but my track record as of late hasn't been that great,” Fxeni replies with a sigh. “Sorry about the state of the suits… it's been rough.”

“Don't worry about it… we'd probably all be dead if it weren't for you guys,” she replies with a smile. “Would be nice if the suits didn't get wrecked so often though.”

“Agreed…” Fxeni mutters as he walks towards the Magmarock. “Hey Asch! Are you alright in there?”

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6990 on: September 16, 2018, 02:26:25 AM
Arche readied his Meteor Sword and waited for his opponent to make the next strike. Sure enough, the bloodthirsty brute lunged forward and fired his weapon. He deflected the shots while dashing at a steady momentum towards his enemy, and then swung his blade. The two swords clashed violently, a bright light flashing from the impact.

Understandably, it was much more difficult to sword fight with a giant mech than using his own katanas, but Arche did not have much choice in the matter. The mobile suit parried his attacks, and kicked off from the GST to give himself distance. Arche took advantage of this very brief moment of vulnerability. "Where do you think you're going!" He yelled and fired three rounds into his chest.

The enemy was now scrambled and panicking, his exposed wiring hanging from the front plate that was destroyed. He began firing laser blasts at Arche without the precision he had before. Arche easily dodged them and thrusted the saber into his chest, raising it in an upwards motion to severe the top half of the mobile suit.

Billowing with smoke, Arche delivered the final blow by kicking him into a passing asteroid, crushing his opponent within seconds.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6991 on: September 16, 2018, 09:57:51 AM
Vieri's head snapped to meet Fugo as he made his inquiry. "Meat. In the general sense." She answered flatly. Sheathing her blade, she calmly strides alongside the ninja. "Thine language is... Uncharacteristically crude. I expect as much from Ammy but thou seemst too sensible."

"She's asking why you say the [tornado fang] word a lot!" Ammy called out from underneath a desk he'd been rifling around.

Vieri cleared her throat. "Yes. 'Twas my intended question." She sighed. "From whence doth this strange device summon food from? Be it magic as well?"

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6992 on: September 16, 2018, 06:56:12 PM
"Its called... pseudoscience. I don't really know how it works but honestly I've never tried to make steak or something with this. I feel like if I did it would be wrong, like a computer's interpretation of meat."

Touko bluntly admitted she had no clue how the printer made food.

"You'd have better luck shoving it into that telepod machine but then you risk some sort of mutation to your food. Honestly if you want meat we can order some stuff with the old man's card. He might be dead but i haven't let the banks know yet."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6993 on: September 16, 2018, 07:26:17 PM
"I don't think psuedoscience is the right word there Touko....." Fugo sighed as he was writing things in a small notebook regarding Ruby's condition among other things he noted from the group for Sakura to keep in mind.  "I honestly don't know much about how "3D Printers" or Replicators work exactly, I think there's like some advance molecular science going on there or something, but I don't don't know much more than her, not a sciency type unfortunately.  But it's definitely not magic, that I can say for sure.

But she is right about the meat most likely not tasting too good, I remember one of the reasons my boss doesn't like using Replicators is because it really doesn't taste right to her most of the time.  Especially the meat, and she tried everything from chicken to roasted snake with those things, and they never taste right according to her. 

As for my language, eh unfortunately it's normal. I used to think in a similar way when it comes to the use of swears a few years back, but now a days I find that swearing is the least of my moral concerns.  Best advice I have is try to focus more on the intent behind people's words more than the words themselves, though that obviously is gonna take a little more time since language has advanced quite a bit compared to the dialect of your people."

Back at the Fxegama Asch got out of his Mobile Suit though he did feel a little wobbly.

"Everything regarding my systems seem to be okay, though I'm still a little shaken up." Asch admitted "Just trying to calm down best I can, that was probably the most intense battle for me so far to be honest, but I know it's only gonna get more nuts from here."

Sakura quitely got out of her suit and simply decided to stare out one of the windows for the moment to collect herself and think about her next course of action.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6994 on: September 16, 2018, 08:24:58 PM
"I mean I know its not the right word, I'm smart and all but I don't know the first thing about how those things can use the same substance to make cookies and meat and have them both taste different."

Touko knew full well trying to understand the science behind the replicator was probably not good for anybody, or their stomachs.

"Regardless, I'm not making meat with that thing, it'll taste like rubber with a hint of smoke. I'll just see what I can order and get you situated."

Touko pulled up an ordering form, guaranteed 10 minute delivery or the food is free and the deliverybot is fired.

"So... steak? I'll order like 5. Ribeye, Medium Rare. And a side of fries for me."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #6995 on: September 16, 2018, 08:47:48 PM
Haku seems interested in Touko's order form. She seems less famished than the others, but she feels like having something extra. She came closer to take look.

"A cherry lemonade for me please." she asked.

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6996 on: September 16, 2018, 10:28:31 PM
Vieri crossed her arms. "So, might I inquire as to what thine machine is capable of?" She tapped her prosthetic leg impatiently. "If not food, perhaps something more of use?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6997 on: September 17, 2018, 12:08:33 AM
"Well it can make food, just food you probably aren't used to having." Fugo explained realizing with her freaked out by everything in the lab she probably didn't hear the explanation the first time. "Otherwise it can make clothes, weapons and apparently machine parts."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6998 on: September 17, 2018, 01:38:21 AM
"Okay... A Cherry Lemonade, 5 Ribeyes, Medium Rare... Fries. Ok, order sent."

Touko sent out the order.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6999 on: September 17, 2018, 09:40:33 AM
"Weapons and parts...?" Vieri mused. "Though I am a stranger to this land thou knowst what this device is capable of. I wonder-"

Ammy interjected. "I want a gun! Make me a gun!" He bounced on the soles of his feet. "Gun! Gun! Gun!"

Vieri whipped him on the back of the head. "Silence, knave! I am thinking!" She fingered her chin as the younger boy quieted himself. "My ah, combat capabilities seem lacking compared to thy own. What wouldst thou suggest?" She tapped her prosthetic leg even more apprehensively. "And ah, perhaps make the boy his firearm."

"Gun...?" Ammy squeaked hopefully. He cleared his throat. "Uh, nothing special particularly. See, just having the knife around is sort of disappointing. I'd feel safer just having a pistol or something on me."

"Or learneth swordplay..." Vieri muttered.

"...And make it at least look like a USP please." Ammy squeaked again. "S-Sorry. I'm actually sort of a gun nerd..."

Vieri snapped her fingers. "Ah! Thee art right!" She announced excitedly.

"What... You want one too?"

"Nothing of the sort, but ye knowst how firearms operate, yea?"

Ammy crossed his arms. "Well, your civilization's miles behind us technologically, right? If you know what a gun even is, I'm assuming you've at least got heavier artillery like cannons, and at best a few officers with flintlocks, right?"

"Yea." Vieri affirmed.

Ammy crossed his arms. "Modern firearms still operate on the same principle. Well, projectile based ones. What I'm shooting for - pun not intended - is more of a proper buster-type pistol that just sort of LOOKS like an older type of firearm. That's a whole nother can of worms." He caught the dangerous glint in Vieri's eyes and coughed awkwardly as he broke from his tangent. "Well, anyways, I'm looking for an energy weapon. But the thing it's modeled after used bullets that operate on the same general principle. Where your guns need to be - and this is WAY oversimplifying it - manually loaded with some kind of powder and an actual round, firing it essentially causes a mini explosion that propels-"

Vieri crossed her arms as she cut him off. "Thou art on the right track, but we are skipping a step." She clicked her prosthetic heel against the ground. "Consider instead of a bullet, I were the projectile?"

Ammy stared at her, dumbfounded. Then the lightbulb clicked on. "We'd need a few things. Like, for one, drilling a big [tornado fang]ing hole in your leg." Vieri hesitated, then nodded. "Then we'd probably be able to fabricate a few parts, including some kind of charge that doesn't need to be loaded and reloaded but still operates on the same overall combustive principles. A barrel that can hold that sort of force without shattering your leg and parts of you with it. Again, all shouldn't be hard with the tech we have here."

Ammy and Vieri both met Fugo's gaze, grinning.

"Fugo?" Ammy winked. "Hold off on the gun. We're making Vieri's leg blow itself up so she can knee you in the [tornado fang]ing face with the force of a cannon."

"Or launch mine-self-" Ammy continued her sentence, "-pointy end first" Vieri drew her sword for emphasis, "at thine foes!"

They laughed in unison.

"We can probably whip up something that interfaces via Magitech with your leg as it is so you won't even need some kind of trigger mechanism. Just like your leg works now, just think it and BOOM!" Ammy jumped, splaying out his arms for emphasis.

Vieri sheathed her sword, satisfied. "Verily, thou art not a complete imbecile after all."