MM Art Request thread.

Acid · 222037

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #650 on: January 26, 2013, 05:01:54 AM
It has been some time since I actually had new materials to fulfill some requests, but since my copy of R20+5 is finally in my hands, and I haven't seen tons floating around other than Heat showing the 9 and 10 concepts, I figured I'd ask if there was anything people were looking for or wanted to know about the new content.

I will try to scan, but as I've found out testing tonight, adding another 100+ pages has made any part of the page close to the inner spine even tougher to clearly scan. And as usual, I'm just offering some samples, not someone who plans to tear out pages to get crystal clear pics for you. (It's bad enough shipping cost me twice what the book cost. :\) Also tested using my cell phone rather than the scanner (first tribute image), but I think the quality is a little worse. Plus it's a little tougher to hold the pages down and snap a pic perfectly. Here's a little preview of some new stuff to the book that I haven't seen online yet. And again, apologies for the blur on some:

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #651 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11:19 AM
Heat showing the 9 and 10 concepts

Regarding this, I want to request scans of the 10 concepts as I've checked high and low for scans.

I'd also like if possible scans of the concept robot master designs from MM1-8 for some research I've been needing to do sometime now.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11:50 AM
Awesome. Thanks Miyabi!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: January 26, 2013, 05:12:54 AM
Besides the tribute pics, concepts for MMs9 and 10, some new X art, Xover stuff, and a bit of Legends 3 art, what else have the added? Or is that the extent of it? (Please tell me there's some art from Super Adventure Rockman or RS-MM...though if they included any from the former aside from the boxart illustration, I'd think we'd have heard about it by now)

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #654 on: January 26, 2013, 06:37:04 AM
Will get on the 10 scans in the morning. Forgot it wasn't TMMN with the 10 concepts, I found them on a tumblr post. So I will get some clear ones of them for you, Blaze.

@Gonzo: The previous tributes are still in of course, but 21 early pages are devoted to the new ones. Most of those tributes are 2 page spreads, of course, as you've seen with Ariga/Iwamoto/etc. The coloring of Shingo Adachi's Ryuusei pic seems off and Wily's skin in Ikehara's is grey, so some weird color choices. After some index pages, 30 goes back to the same Classic series pages in order, with 9 and 10's official art (12 new pages) after 8, but before RnF. There is nothing new for X, except for a few new IHX pieces for X, Dr. Light, Zero, Vile, and one Sigma. (What I scanned in my previous post, plus page 234)

The Rough Sketch section is totally unchanged. So, basically pages 30-270 have a mere 14 new pages.

The gallery section finally starts with some 'new' stuff. After the MvC page, there is a new page with just Zero's art from MvC3, Project X Zone's official art for X, Zero, Vile and Iris, and fatty Mcfat from SFxTekken. No concepts, nothing mindblowingly new to us. Next is the page that is my 4th sample, that includes the D-Arts Vile art and the bonus E-Can art. Then a page with tiny calendar art from the 2011+2012 Heroes/Villains/Girls calendars, and the idol Luna/Roll/Meiru art. After that, a page with CD art - We Are Rock-Men 1 and 2, 9 and 10 Arranged OSTs and...chiptuned Rockman??? Don't get that one, other than for filler. Then 3 full page images of the art for Kotobukiya's Rock/Blues/Roll kits.  Half page for the infamous Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll pic.

The Comics pages keep the original stuff, but included covers for Ikehara's updated 7 manga, Izuki's 8 complete edition, Ariga's Rockman Maniax and Gigamixes, along with tiny pics for the bonus postcards he had. All books that came out after R20. The "Mega Man" section that included the Nintendo power poster and English box art now add DeJesus' retro bad box art for 9 and 10. The Dreamwave comics were actually edited down, so that only 6 covers are there, with no page samples anymore. And that's because instead, they added an extra 2.5 pages devoted to every Archie comic cover and variant from 1-21. After that, one page devoted to UDON Tribute, with just the two covers (Ariga and Chamba's) and Dickman's big pic scaled down to a quarter of the page. And then one full page image from Asiagraph 2011 - the one with Rock standing in the sewer water.

A few pages later, we get 8 pages worth of Cardass images. But when you cram 35 cards onto one page, you have to squint. And then there's a page devoted to all the 20th tribute art, which again disappoints as 30-some images are crammed onto it.

Character Archives are next, and where we find the new 9 and 10 concepts. 18 total new pages. I don't believe anything is new in the X sections, although they did redo and expand the Command Mission art to add an additional page. But only through enlarging and rearranging previous images.

The Special Section has 8 pages of artist interviews, with just three DASH 3 non-winning Aero images that might garner a tiny bit of interest. I think I'll scan that page, if anyone is feeling ambitious to translate, to see if it's even got anything meaningful. I don't know why, but then you have a two page XOver spread of official art (part already scanned) that is totally out of place, followed by 6 more pages of interviews to close it out. I do see one more mention of DASH in that interview, near official art of Barrett on his bike. And that closes it out.

So to say it was worth it? Probably not so much if you already have R20. How UDON would plan to break this one up, I don't know. I can't see the new stuff on it's own completely justifying a separate, smaller book, but I personally would have rather had it that way, then enlarging some pics to give it more volume.  :(

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: January 26, 2013, 07:26:12 AM
I see. :/ You know--before R25 came out, I said that there had to be more than enough Megaman art to fill another book without it being an updated re-release...

As for the DASH 3 non-Aero concepts, #20 already scanned and translated those.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #656 on: January 26, 2013, 10:44:44 PM
You would think there should be. But they always choose to leave something out, it seems.

I was wondering how you already knew about the L3 stuff from that previous comment. I don't visit #20's blog often enough to have noticed it. I'm sure the interview tackles what went into her many concepts, but I don't see an actual translation from the interview part from him in that entry...

Posted on: January 26, 2013, 12:52:19 AM
And here are all the 10 RM concepts, to the extent I can get them in with the scanner, along with one page of minor enemy concepts. Also included is that full Dash 3 interview page, and one page of Adachi (McLuna is not impressed) and Izuki's tributes:

Forgot to ask, Blaze: When you say you want concepts of 1-8, I assume you are looking for stuff like the first example here, or do you want profiles like example 2?:

Because I know there really aren't a ton of "concepts," per se...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:35 PM
So Bass's helmet fins were going to let him glide around in MM10(?) at some point? Heh. XD

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: January 27, 2013, 12:04:20 AM
Man, the Blade Man on the left looked really cool. Reminds me of Magic Man.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #659 on: January 27, 2013, 05:07:37 AM

Forgot to ask, Blaze: When you say you want concepts of 1-8, I assume you are looking for stuff like the first example here, or do you want profiles like example 2?:

Because I know there really aren't a ton of "concepts," per se...

First Example more or less. I don't really need the lithographs of the characters.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: January 27, 2013, 05:50:04 AM
I love the L3 page. Wish I knew what it said. Interesting that in the character lineup they have Sensei's Tomahawk Gal heroine design. (best one IMO)

Also, that gal with the shades and cat ears. Wonder who that is?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #661 on: January 27, 2013, 03:32:23 PM
So let's see. I rather like Blademan's blade shoulders concept...though I guess that would look weird on an 8bit sprite. PumpMan would always be the laughing stock...no matter which design.
CommandoMan's many gun attachements and tank forms make me wish he would be able to transform mid-battle and use various weapons. Interesting Snowflake designs for Chillman, nothing too special though.
I dig the helmet pompadour that one of the NitroMan designs had, but I guess it didn't fit a stunt robot. The early design looks more like an enemy.
OMG SHEEPMAN U SO ADORBS JKSHLKJAHSLKDNLKJDANJKN
Humanoid Strikeman looks pretty Bad-ass. Not sure why they didn't keep that one. Definitely better than a ball with limbs.
I dig all of the Solarman concepts, but nothing beats balancing a giant artificial sun over your head.
Looks like each RM would get a met based on them, which would have been neat to see. And various sport themed robots too...

and a toaster...ok I would LOVE to see that one make it in.
Is that Swordman's sword as a midboss? Heh, I had the same idea for Wilyvania.
Pretty much would be neat to have that book.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #662 on: January 28, 2013, 06:43:24 AM
First Example more or less. I don't really need the lithographs of the characters.

Alright, then this should be all of the R20 images for those early concepts relating to the Robot Masters, Rock, etc., with the PU page thrown in for good measure (nothing new, for those hoping):

Nothing else in any of the early sourcebooks like Perfect Memories, either, other than overused official art pieces.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: January 28, 2013, 10:45:01 PM
Hey Miyabi! Thanks for the scans.

Actually... since you're here, I'm gonna take a risk and ask you something:

I'll quote myself from way back some time ago:

So I wanted to do a motion comic (sorta) of Megaman/Rockman Gigamix vol. 2, namely the part where Stardroids first appear, and possibly some others.
I mostly want to do this, to see how I could compose music for such a project. But also because I'm curious.

But there's no scans of this [parasitic bomb] anywhere, not even raw japanese ones.
If I had a scanner I would scan my english release of the manga, but I don't have a scanner.

Anybody willing to help me out? The scans can even by japanese, since I do own the second english volume, and I can insert english text later.

I just need the chapter where Stardroids appear and wreck stuff. Though the dicussion between Light and Wily, where Wily says "they (robots) have the right to choose their fate" or something like that, would be nice too. I would love to make something out of that, since it's one of my favorite parts of that volume.

Kthx

So you see... that's the thing. Could you help me out? It's a bit much to ask, so if you refuse, that's fine. You've given me more scan gifts than I dare mention.

btw. It's me, Kharaxel... since well, I got my username changed.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #664 on: January 29, 2013, 05:13:26 AM
First things first: dude, even if I'm not posting quite like I used to, as I always say, I still lurk here and all the usual sites pretty much every day; just depends on when, due to work. Light the Miyabi signal and I'll meet you on the RPM rooftop. I keep up with a decent chunk of the name changes, and I knew who you were.  8D

I...totally don't remember that post, though. Since you have the book, just tell me the exact pages you want, and I can get to it tomorrow or the next day, as I have both days off.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: January 29, 2013, 12:10:11 PM
Okay then, thanks. I'm glad I can count on you, bro.

Anyway... since the pages lack actual numbers, the  ones from volume 2 which i'm interested in are:

Starting from the page where Duo gets shot in the back by Rockman's fist, He then says "What have... you done."

Up to the page where the chapter ends, with Iceman looking at the destroyed city saying "Mega... Man...?"

So basically, Duo's destruction then the entirety of Stardroid's escape and attack, ending on the page with Iceman.

It's quite a bit of pages, now that I look at it. So please take your time, I'm not in a rush, nor do I want you to feel pressured.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #666 on: January 30, 2013, 06:08:53 AM
Aannnd...sent to the email on your profile. Let me know if you have any problems getting it.

Offline X-AMP

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #667 on: March 03, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
no progress on my request I made back in July? just needed a clearer scan, if possible, of reaper sigma. front and back views

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #668 on: March 09, 2013, 04:46:42 AM
Sorry, X-AMP. Either I just glossed over your initial request, or since I realized it was my scan you linked back in July, might have just figured there wasn't much more I could do to clear that pic up. I have rescanned the R20+5 version of that page now for ya, but the clarity just is what it is. It's a rough sketch page with really rough contrast to the colors; nowhere near the same quality of image provided in the official art sections. Regardless of the DPI I scan it at, it'll still be muddied.

Offline X-AMP

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:39 AM
believe me, thats much better. there are details present i could see before. thank you, i can now continue my project

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #670 on: August 31, 2013, 02:23:46 AM
Here's an unusual one. 

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Manga_characters

Does anyone have a full body pic of that McCall dude?  I wanna refine a sprite of him, but this is the only pic of the guy.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #671 on: August 31, 2013, 03:52:04 AM
Reminds me of the news manager guy of the Daily Bugle from one of the spider-man cartoon shows. Maybe it's the hair, I donno.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #672 on: August 31, 2013, 04:09:51 AM
Reminds me of the news manager guy of the Daily Bugle from one of the spider-man cartoon shows. Maybe it's the hair, I donno.
J Jonah Jameson?  Yeah, that portrait does remind me of him too.

Apparently Stan Lee based that character off himself.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #673 on: September 14, 2013, 10:47:23 PM
Here's an unusual one. 

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Manga_characters

Does anyone have a full body pic of that McCall dude?  I wanna refine a sprite of him, but this is the only pic of the guy.

Sorry Gauntlet, I must've missed seeing this thread bump. Proof it's not the only pic of the man. Ol' Uncle Guile here only has one spread with full body shot that I noticed though, as he's basically just on a computer screen or in a jet window in his other scenes:

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #674 on: September 17, 2013, 01:19:50 AM
Thanks.  Here's the sprite I made of him, if yer interested: