R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie, famed comic book writer & animation producer

Protoman Blues · 2001

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie

I found this news very shocking today due to the fact that my father & I literally just finished watching our DVD collection of JLU last night, a series he pretty much wrote and a series that I love. In case you didn't know, this man also created Static Shock and the character Static himself in Milestone Comics. His latest piece of work, All Star Superman just came out today on DVD/Blu-Ray, a movie that I'm really looking forward to. He has worked at both Marvel & DC over his illustrious career. He will greatly be missed by anyone who grew up with his writing & the work he did on his cartoon shows.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Oh god... I remember watching Static Shock a long time ago back when I was a kid back when it was on Kids WB. I hope he's in a better place...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Wow no way. RIP.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
I really liked Static Shock. Finding out that the guy who made it is dead really sucks.  :(

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
GAAAAAAHHH!!

Why does everything I like have to die?! I pretty much watched Static Shock during it's first initial aring (never had the chance to find a Static Shock comic within a 403-mile radius, sadly), the guy gets my respect for it (even the cameos, lol).

I'm bummed to see this wonderful man go. I hope he entertains the masses in heaven..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
This is indeed sad...rest in peace

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
May he rest in peace and thank you for years of awesome entertainment.  If only more creators can follow in his footsteps, perhaps then we may see a return of the Golden Era.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
McDuffie was an amazing man. The All-Star Superman managed to have some of the amazing spark the comic had. Only that guy to make such a fantastic adaptation. We'll miss you, dude. Say hello to Jack Kirby for me.