The Official E3 2009 Discussion Thread & Lounge (May 30, 2009 - June 5, 2009)

Jericho · 176565

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Correction from earlier:

The "new Mario girl" isn't new at all; it's Pauline again.

EDIT: Also, who the HECK is that at the end of the Metroid trailer? Is that Samus' mother? Or even...sister?!

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I don't know if anyone notices it or not but...

Ah hell...

The final mystery Capcom game is Resident Evil PSP...

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Ahhh...I'm loving this new Metroid, the more I see of it. After so many years of Prime domination, it's good to see the series being taken in a new direction, and even better that I can personally get behind it!  *o*

Also, I'm VERY happy to hear that Galaxy Part Deux will stand to be a bit more hardcore. Even at some of the crazy moments in Galaxy the first, it seemed like they were still holding themselves back from what they COULD have done, if they were allowed to cut loose. Hopefully, that will be the case this time.

Bonus points, if the Koopalings and Jr are together in Galaxy 2, as well!  0v0

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Bonus points, if the Koopalings and Jr are together in Galaxy 2, as well!  0v0

I want this to happen so much~ if NSMB Wii can do it, so can Galaxy 2. owo

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I will freaking scream if Galaxy 2 has all the awesome of Galaxy + Yoshi + Koopalings. XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I hope Other M is executed very well, because it pleases me greatly to see a game (much less, a Metroid game) that combines FPS, TPS, and 2D in a way that gives the player the combat versatility to have the precision of FPS, the dodging and collision-damage evasion of TPS, and the range of attack of 2D all in one cinematic package.

I still say that no company 'won' E3 this round, but if Nintendo does what I think they're setting out to do with SMG2 and M:OM (...mom?...MOM?!), then I would be more than glad give the honors to Nintendo after-the-fact, because this is some difficult stuff they're about to try.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid, I think the girl at the end of the trailer is Samus, and the girl that looks like a Square-Enix boy isn't. Or a younger version of Samus.

Can you imagine Metroid with time travel? The defining formula of orgasm.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
But but but but but...!

But that'd break my brain! I like my brain!

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
But Metroid is always a better option  8D

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
I want this to happen so much~ if NSMB Wii can do it, so can Galaxy 2. owo

I see it the same way. I mean, if they're going to bother re-introducing the Koopalings as part of the mainstream Mario-mythos through New SMB Wii, they might as well keep at it, and have them in Galaxy II, as well.

I mean, if New SMB Wii continues where the first game left off, then I'm not expecting the Koopalings to speak. But at least doing more to finally have some on-screen depiction of CHARACTER would already be something nice. That way, by G2, they could stand to expand on that character a bit more. After all, if Jr had speaking lines in G, but not so much in New SMB, I expect him to be conveyed as such through this new round of games, too. I'd only hope that such would also be the case for his siblings.

I will freaking scream if Galaxy 2 has all the awesome of Galaxy + Yoshi + Koopalings. XD

You wouldn't be the only one.

The only thing I could imagine topping that kind of package deal, would be if Junior was another playable character, after Luigi.

Sure, it wouldn't make much in the way of sense, but would it have to? 8D

I hope Other M is executed very well, because it pleases me greatly to see a game (much less, a Metroid game) that combines FPS, TPS, and 2D in a way that gives the player the combat versatility to have the precision of FPS, the dodging and collision-damage evasion of TPS, and the range of attack of 2D all in one cinematic package.

I still say that no company 'won' E3 this round, but if Nintendo does what I think they're setting out to do with SMG2 and M:OM (...mom?...MOM?!), then I would be more than glad give the honors to Nintendo after-the-fact, because this is some difficult stuff they're about to try.

The one thing I'm hoping for though, is for FPS to be downplayed. Make it like it was with bow and arrows in Ninja Gaiden, where it may be strategically on-point to switch for perfect shots, but that should be it, in my eyes.

Again, I want this game to be something new and exciting, all to itself. FPSers had their time, and I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo-Ninja overlords! ^_^

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well, it's going to take picture-perfect execution. I don't know if Team Ninja can do that or not.

And mainly, the FPS is for bosses and very weakness-specific enemies. Like freezing that tentacle.
Japanese schoolgirls, take notes...

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
PB, tell Lou to visit Namdai's area. Put me out of my misery in terms of Vesperia. :P

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
So...wait, what was the announcement that was supposed to make the Wii better than the PS2?

Although between SMG2, NSMBWii, M:OM, and S&P2, if they're executed correctly, I think the VC and these games combined could very well beat anything the PS2 had to offer.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
that's...very possible  o~O

(in my book at least)

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I'm seeing the words all over the internet:

Miyamoto just showed up in a Zelda shirt.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
This isn't funny anymore...
All the live channels have been lying about streaming.
I have to use the IGN Liveblog. ;w;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That's what I'm using, too.

I guess I'm following this because of the Roundtable track-record, and it's the least I can do after SMG2.

EDIT: No video or photography allowed.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Oh man I think I'll broke my F5 button sooner or later.  8D

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
I just hope Miyamoto announces a new Zelda to shut the fanboys up and make my earlier rant moot.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
"The room is quieter. But no Miyamoto. Now it's awkwardly quiet. Tim O'Leary from the Treehouse at Nintendo of America is tonight's host and translator. He reiterates no photography or video. He also says it in Japanese just in case."

"He introduces Shigeru Miyamoto, who takes the stage. Bill Trinen from NOA sits right in front of us and I give him a sexy massage on his shoulder. He winks at me. It's completely on."

>0<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
"Actually, there's another project that's been taking a lot of time my time lately, but it's a very enjoyable project." he says. He adds that quite a few of us own a DS, but maybe don't carry it around with us on a daily basis.

Hmm..

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I'm very lucky this year. I wasn't up on the stage during the briefing today so I'm in a very relaxed mood.

Last time I heard someone being relaxed in public, it was at a strip club.
NO VIDEO OR PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR EYES XD

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
He's going to start today by talking in more detail about New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort and then Zelda DS. And when that's done, he'll answer some questions from the audience.

Aww, that's it? O^O

Maybe Miyamoto will give us some good answers at least. ^^

(c) Sky Child~