VixyNyan · 391818

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #725 on: September 06, 2010, 08:57:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=9qybVRjoE64

Oh, how poor and deluded those kids are.
They actually think that KH has good story. : /

It's offensive to games, books, comics and movies with an actually good story.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #726 on: September 06, 2010, 09:05:05 PM
Well, good or not you have to admit that it's at least entertaining. Whether that is in a "so bad it's good" way or just "good" way depends on each person.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #727 on: September 06, 2010, 09:07:00 PM
All it really needed was a Rickroll response. Kingdom Hearts was good until CoM. That's why I don't play [parasitic bomb] with DARKNESS involved, unless properly excecuted. It's why Disgaea is a well-written satire on such plots as this.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #728 on: September 06, 2010, 09:09:20 PM
Well, good or not you have to admit that it's at least entertaining. Whether that is in a "so bad it's good" way or just "good" way depends on each person.
Yes, I do find it entertaining... but in a SO BAD IT'S GOOD way.
It's kind of my guilty pleasure.

[spoiler]'m [tornado fang]ing gay for Vexen and Xemnas : P[/spoiler]

All it really needed was a Rickroll response. Kingdom Hearts was good until CoM. That's why I don't play [parasitic bomb] with DARKNESS involved, unless properly excecuted.

Oh yes. CoM. The only game, where Axel is awesome, and on the other hand... this is the game that introduced, well, ORGY.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #729 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=9qybVRjoE64

Oh, how poor and deluded those kids are.
They actually think that KH has good story. : /

It's offensive to games, books, comics and movies with an actually good story.
Actually, and sadly, Nomura fuckupness not withstanding Kingdom Hearts does feature a halfway decent story by the quality standards of movies and games nowadays. And the first one was very good, as a matter of fact.

...I swear, so many games nowadays have deplorable excuses for stories, it's hard to find anything that DOES have a good story.

(although I MUST say... a few games nowadays... not some, but a tiny percentage does show remarkable prowess in storytelling, in an absolutely amazing way that beats the [parasitic bomb] out of Inception and other fantastic tales told to us)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #730 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:40 PM
(although I MUST say... a few games nowadays... not some, but a tiny percentage does show remarkable prowess in storytelling, in an absolutely amazing way that beats the [parasitic bomb] out of Inception and other fantastic tales told to us)
You mean like Legacy of Kain, right? If we're talking about awesome plot, you can't just NOT mention LoK.

As for the KH plot.
Well, yeah. The first one had a simple enough plot, it worked. Then CoM came, and it had a bit more complicated, but still good plot. In fact, it was the only thing that pushed me forward in playing it (THOSE [tornado fang]ing CARDS YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR TO OPEN THE DOORS WHY CAN'T THE ENEMIES DROP THE CARD I WANT WHY WHY,lfewl,alf,al).

And then... Kingdom Hearts 2 came and everything slowly started falling apart.
The plot became a so bad it's good.
Heh.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #731 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:05 PM
No, I think it just became bad. At this point, he's just throwing any plot element he can and is going to pull an M. Night Shamalamadingdong on everyone in the last game.

[parasitic bomb], Sora's already the biggest Mary Sue in history.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #732 on: September 06, 2010, 10:20:01 PM
You mean like Legacy of Kain, right? If we're talking about awesome plot, you can't just NOT mention LoK.

As for the KH plot.
Well, yeah. The first one had a simple enough plot, it worked. Then CoM came, and it had a bit more complicated, but still good plot. In fact, it was the only thing that pushed me forward in playing it (THOSE [tornado fang]ing CARDS YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR TO OPEN THE DOORS WHY CAN'T THE ENEMIES DROP THE CARD I WANT WHY WHY,lfewl,alf,al).

And then... Kingdom Hearts 2 came and everything slowly started falling apart.
The plot became a so bad it's good.
Heh.
KH2 had potencial. Pretty much everything bad with it was that Sora couldn't do [parasitic bomb] and was basically irrelevant to the story, and the Organization. The Organization ruined everything really.

And yes, I'm a big fan of the Legacy of Kain games, and I specially love the way how Defiance cleared everything up so nicely. There are other amazing games, though. Planescape: Torment is amazing for an RPG, as well as the first two Fallouts. KOTOR has the best story in all of the Star Wars legacy, with a cast of characters that is absolutely wonderful and quite deep if you dig into their worlds time and time again. Snatcher has a very cool story, for example. And there are lots of point and click games which might fit into the role, such as The Longest Journey. And for all of its present fuckupness and canon problems, the first MGS game had one hell of a story.

And if I might plug one absolutely AMAZING title, Alan Wake has one hell of a story, which actually challenges you and treats you as an intelligent human being instead of giving you retarded details every seconds and twists of the dumb variety.

No, I think it just became bad. At this point, he's just throwing any plot element he can and is going to pull an M. Night Shamalamadingdong on everyone in the last game.

[parasitic bomb], Sora's already the biggest Mary Sue in history.
I think it's the opposite. From KH2 onwards, Sora became the dumbest shitbag in the whole game. Goofy is the smart one on the team who makes all of the logical connections, for [tornado fang]'s sake. GOOFY. Sora is completely disconnected from all of the story. It's no longer the story about a little boy with a big key and a fantastic adventure. It's Nomura's leather bullshit story about bishonen who act like pretentous assholes and never let you in on the story until the last moment just for kicks. Sora just plays the part of killing the big bad at the end, after he's pulled a fuckton of gambits on you.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #733 on: September 07, 2010, 12:36:56 AM
*spins around upon ze' hate*

one more day till BBS~ well...thursday technically since I sleep a fair bit before I leave for work.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #734 on: September 07, 2010, 12:38:22 AM
*spins around upon ze' hate*

one more day till BBS~ well...thursday technically since I sleep a fair bit before I leave for work.

Learn to hack.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #735 on: September 07, 2010, 12:39:08 AM
Too lazy to not support. (and well...for a dishwashing job, I get paid pretty well.  For now anyways.)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #736 on: September 07, 2010, 04:05:19 AM
Too lazy to not support. (and well...for a dishwashing job, I get paid pretty well.  For now anyways.)
(points) Hey look guys!

He PAYS for videogames! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #737 on: September 07, 2010, 07:42:56 AM
I tried downloading this... but I can't play it via the only PSP emulator there is without cracking it via actual hardware...

That, and my comp sucks.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #738 on: September 07, 2010, 09:27:04 AM
At the end of Terra's story, but the end dude is hard.

I'm gonna level up to 40, see if he's beateable then.

Archer

Reply #739 on: September 07, 2010, 09:29:17 AM
I beat the game at like level 20 :v

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #740 on: September 07, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Then I'm a lesser man than you, but considering the game lets you be up to level 100, I don't spend too much time running from enemies' attacks that aren't inescapable, I try to counter 'n [parasitic bomb]. KH is a game you gotta feel POWERFUL at. Terra's still a wimp at 20.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #741 on: September 07, 2010, 07:11:57 PM
Terra just sucks in general. He's too slow and unless he's at a stupidly high level, he has no chance at beating Wesker or VLS.

Overall Aqua is the best character to use.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #742 on: September 08, 2010, 09:08:39 PM
At level 40, trying to beat the same dude. Still can't. I hate it when characters are pretty much untoucheable if you go near them. He doesn't seem to have any stable routine whatsoever, and some of his combos are inescapable.

...having to stand still while another character hacks away at your life bar feels so damn stupid.

Posted on: September 07, 2010, 06:50:31 PM
...So, I finally beat him.

...because I found that the way to beat him incredibly easily... is...

...to slowly counter every single attack he does and make one single strike for each of his attacks.

...in a Kingdom Hearts game. A final boss which doesn't let you do combos and works entirely by countering is like a Mario game made entirely of QTEs.

IT IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY DAMMIT

Archer

Reply #743 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:09 AM
So the game was supposed to come out here today, but it got pushed back to tomorrow for...some reason.

So tomorrow, I shall have it.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #744 on: September 09, 2010, 09:23:21 AM
YAY for day off tomorrow!  I look forward to getting my copy :D!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #745 on: September 09, 2010, 10:58:17 PM
So, I know about the story in KH. I can live with that. I'd like to know though, is the gameplay good? It's not a step back is it? Cause right now I'm considering wether I should get this or nor

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #746 on: September 09, 2010, 11:01:59 PM
So, I know about the story in KH. I can live with that. I'd like to know though, is the gameplay good? It's not a step back is it? Cause right now I'm considering wether I should get this or nor
It's a step forward. They do away with the bullshit menus of magic and [parasitic bomb] you never use, and instead, you get an awesome deck of commands you can select from, choosing the magic, techniques and stuff you want to use. Aside from that, the game works pretty much just like KH2, in attacking, jumping, everything. You just cut away the bullshit and go back to using those awesome attacks from KH1 which you could actually select and use instead of everything being QTE.

Oh, there are no QTEs in this game, thank God. Everything is selected by you.

Aresian

Reply #747 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:45 PM
Hahaha. I guess we disagree there. I think it's a step back. I liked the QTEs to be honest and I hate how it still feels like a KH1 menu system for the magic. Thankfully it's dumbed down and I can choose everything I want to in the long run. (though I still gotta use shitty [parasitic bomb] to evolve the [parasitic bomb] into less shitty [parasitic bomb] to get something useful)

In terms of Gameplay, it's definitely. KH2 > KHBBS > Card [parasitic bomb] > KH

Those are the only ones I've played though, can't comment on Days.

Anything that is a step back to the first game is a definite step backwards for me.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #748 on: September 09, 2010, 11:09:59 PM
Sounds cool to me.

And what's even better is the fact that Versus' battle system will be based on this. And that it is supposed to be "vastly improved"

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #749 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:42 PM
Hahaha. I guess we disagree there. I think it's a step back. I liked the QTEs to be honest and I hate how it still feels like a KH1 menu system for the magic. Thankfully it's dumbed down and I can choose everything I want to in the long run. (though I still gotta use shitty [parasitic bomb] to evolve the [parasitic bomb] into less shitty [parasitic bomb] to get something useful)

In terms of Gameplay, it's definitely. KH2 > KHBBS > Card [parasitic bomb] > KH

Those are the only ones I've played though, can't comment on Days.

Anything that is a step back to the first game is a definite step backwards for me.
The QTEs had one single button to press, and you could no longer do cool moves like Ars Arcanum or Sonic Blade. You just did the enemy-specific moves with the QTEs, and MASHED MASHED MASHED the X button like crazy, which made the gameplay exceedingly simple.

With this gameplay, you have TONS of Arcanum-like moves to select, each with their own style and twists, you have tons of drive-like forms which you switch to at random, depending on the moves you use (if you use alot of fire moves in a row, you get a fire form) and the whole game seems to move faster and more accurately than the others. It's a deeper system, and to select the moves, you don't have to go through a complicated menu, no. All you have to do is select it from the always-available list with the d-pad, and use the move with the triangle button. The list is ALWAYS there and it doesn't collapse like in KH1 and 2. You get more slots to equip stuff as you go on.

Look at it any way you want it. It's moving from the casual "MASH X LOTSA TIMES" to a more refined system, that doesn't focus on enemy-specific attacks for which you just have to press the damn triangle button over and over.