The Kingdom Hearts Thread

VixyNyan · 387990

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #1275 on: September 27, 2012, 10:00:29 PM
How do you even keep an eye on [parasitic bomb] like that? It's got levels. What did you pick at the beginning?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1276 on: September 27, 2012, 10:12:13 PM
By stats, I mean "damage input/output". Aside from that well.. I think it came to me from messing with keyblade/form combinations so yeah. I could be wrong, but damage output from bosses might be higher than they took (the secret boss is a tank!), but that could just me not playing the games in awhile.
Or that, as usual, you're just making stuff up as you go. Could be that.

There wasn't any rebalancing in the original Final Mix from KH1 and there won't be in this.

Research time for both of you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/21270
Experience Chart Changes

Final Mix did have black-hooded Xemnas as the secret boss, among the other ones, some re-balancing had to be made during the process.

The basic knowledge of each Final Mix edition comes from the fact that they were transferred from their US releases, while adding extra content on-top of that. That's why there's English vocals on the Final Mix editions. The HD collection will add the Japanese vocals this time.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1277 on: September 27, 2012, 10:27:48 PM
Except for the added bosses, who weren't voiced at all. How lazy. I guess it was for ambiance because they're all mysterious in hoods and [parasitic bomb]

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1278 on: September 27, 2012, 10:32:31 PM
In KH2 Final Mix+ (*hugs her copy*), you can select both English and Japanese vocals for each cutscene after unlocking the Theater Mode. The new added cutscenes (mostly the ones with Org XIII) didn't have newly recorded English voice clips, but when changing the language to Japanese and watching those, there would be Japanese voice clips this time. XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1279 on: September 28, 2012, 01:56:32 AM
Research time for both of you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/21270
Experience Chart Changes

Final Mix did have black-hooded Xemnas as the secret boss, among the other ones, some re-balancing had to be made during the process.

The basic knowledge of each Final Mix edition comes from the fact that they were transferred from their US releases, while adding extra content on-top of that. That's why there's English vocals on the Final Mix editions. The HD collection will add the Japanese vocals this time.
My bad. Regardless, there probably won't be any new rebalancing aside from that.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1280 on: September 28, 2012, 03:49:18 AM
http://gematsu.com/2012/09/kingdom-hearts-1-5-hd-remix-announcement-only-for-japan
As long as it's still region free (unlike P4U), then it's OK.

There will be words for localization later. Just have to wait.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1281 on: September 28, 2012, 06:06:56 AM
Yeah, the announcement only applies to Japan for the time being. We heard the same thing with KH3D too.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1282 on: October 04, 2012, 03:57:45 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1283 on: October 04, 2012, 04:13:28 AM
Also this

first screens of that KHPC thing.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1284 on: October 04, 2012, 06:11:54 AM
KH: CoM combined with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (well, as far as the art direction goes). For customization you'll be playing a randomly generated character.. I think.

The shadow in the screenshot seems blue-er than the heartless on the card.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1285 on: October 04, 2012, 06:12:51 AM
CoM combined with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (well, as far as the art direction goes).
battle system is said to be different that CoM's

that art style originated with kingdom hearts mobile

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1286 on: October 04, 2012, 09:06:24 PM
The shadow in the screenshot seems blue-er than the heartless on the card.
That's because they were considered racist, like Oil Man, or Jynx.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1287 on: October 04, 2012, 10:34:12 PM
Or, a more likely solution, because the card isn't exactly representing it and is just an attack card.

The player seems a lot less Riku-y then the card.

See, doesn't make sense. It's just an attack card.

Also note the gauges at the top. Alongside the requisite Experience indicator and current Munny, there's also Action Points (the blue bar) and Battle Points (the green bar). I'm guessing AP is for movement around the worlds and BP is for battling, naturally.

Oh and have that Famitsu article that was alluded to in Vixy's post.

Quote from: Kingdom Hearts Insider
Report on Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-: Pictures of prettied-up screens and an Interview with Mr. Tetsuya Nomura

This year marks 10 years since the first Kingdom Hearts title was born, and now with the time ripe it is being remastered in HD. Let's peruse the content from these screencaps and an interview with director Mr. Tetsuya Nomura!

A NEW DOOR OPENS IN HD

Kingdom Hearts (hereon KH) is an action RPG series loved throughout the world. Of the seven stories that have been revealed so far, KH Final Mix and KH Re:Chain of Memories have been remastered in HD inKH -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, releasing in 2013 for PS3. On top of this, KH 358/2 Days is also included as a volume converted to video! Without further ado, let's check out the new images of each title, born again and more gorgeous than ever.

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX

Kingdom Hearts, in which Sora, the protagonist of the series, and Donald and Goofy travel through various Disney worlds. This title, which released in March 2002, returned triumphantly as KH Final Mix, which used the North American version that released the same year in December as a base with added components and the English voicing. This Final Mix version has been remastered in HD in KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX-. The voicing that was in English will be in Japanese.

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories

After the adventures of KH, Sora and Donald and Goofy set foot in 'Castle Oblivion', in which the further you go in, the more you lose your memories... KH Re:Chain of Memories, remastered in HD for this title, was originally included with KH2 Final Mix, which released in 2007. It was a 3D remake of the Gameboy Advance title KH Chain of Memories, which released in 2004.

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS

The protagonist of KH 356/2 Days is Roxas, a young man who played an important role in KH2. The story of Roxas and Axel, who takes care of him, and Xion, a girl who has newly joined 'Organisation XIII', unfolds. In KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, you can appreciate the main story of KH 358/2 Days put to video and bestowed new voicing as a video volume.

KINGDOM HEARTS FOR PC BROWSER (TENTATIVE TITLE)

Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser (tentative title), announced at Tokyo Game Show 2012 with KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, will be a free to play online game for PC browsers. As a player you will customise an avatar that will represent you and adventure through Disney worlds. It seems that undertaking quests and cooperating with friends to defeat enemies will be elements?

WE ASK DIRECTOR MR. TETSUYA NOMURA ABOUT KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

This year marks 10 years since the first Kingdom Hearts title was born, and now with the time ripe it is being remastered in HD. Let's peruse the content from these screencaps and an interview with director Mr. Tetsuya Nomura!

?Please tell us the details of how the release of KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX- came to be.

Mr. Tetsuya Nomura (hereon Nomura): All the titles in the series so far are a collection, first establishing the internal set-up, called the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (?), and I wanted to bring together the whole story arriving at KH2 before we turn to its conclusion.

?There's strong meaning behind going over it again, isn't there. Will there be changes or additions to the content of the games?

Nomura: The two titles that are included as games will have trophy support. We intend to include an extensive range of trophies, from the more orthodox to ones that won't go down easily. Also, the controls in KH1 have been modified to be a little closer to the ones in KH2. We've also replaced some of the models of the main characters with the most recent ones.

?Why are you remaking KH 358/2 Days as a video volume rather than a game?

Nomura: Actually, I had also been thinking about doing a full remake like KH Re:Chain of Memories (hereon KH Re:CoM). However, if we had started that it would have considerably delayed starting work on the new title, so it ended up being included in the form of something like the 'theatre mode' that we already have in the series. We are changing 70% of the main story into cutscenes, with freshly-recorded voicing too, and we are currently working on around 100 scenes. If you watch from start to finish, you will know and understand the story of KH 358/2 Days. Though it's in a different form than the game I think people will enjoy it.

?Can you please tell us a little more about the series-first KH game for PC browser?

Nomura: This is not a title with an emphasis on story, but we are working premises in. That said, for the first time in the series you can enjoy the content completely separately from the main series, so even beginners to the series might be able to be at ease playing it. The battling is different again from KH Re:CoM, and we are aiming for something with simple controls and flashy movements. I think customising is important to this type of game, so we are filling it with new elements in that area.

?By the way, what of a HD version of KH2 and up?

Nomura: It would be unnatural not to (laughs).

?Here's hoping! And now, lastly, a message for the gamers please.

Nomura: Because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, I think there have been people who found it difficult to access, with sequels such as KH2 that might already have come out by the time they came to know about the series. With KH -HD 1.5 ReMIX- you can enjoy the story from the beginning, and in HD quality on top of that, so if you haven't played yet please by all means use this opportunity to do so. I think even those who have already played through the series may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing of sequels and lines that reference previous lines and such by taking another look at everything aligned in chronological order. I would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.

?Seeker of Darkness Chronicles... mentioned as the phrase 'Xehanort Chronicles' in a previous interview with Weekly Famitsu, this refers to Xehanort the Seeker of Darkness being the pivot of the whole series. 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' is the formal name first used in the project proposal.

Original Famitsu Article
Kingdom Hearts Insider Translation

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1288 on: October 04, 2012, 10:38:41 PM
That's because they were considered racist, like Oil Man, or Jynx.

..Or that because of this art direction, the shadow would be a bit hard to see in the background if it were it's standard colors. I would've been raging trying to hit those bastards in Halloween Town in the first game if this were the case (as I can't SEE them since they blended in with the backgroud a bit).  -AC

battle system is said to be different that CoM's

that art style originated with kingdom hearts mobile

Kinda forgot that existed, now that I suddenly remebered Re: Coded. Why does japan tease us with their mobile-only games in heavy-hitting series?  -_-

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1289 on: October 04, 2012, 10:44:07 PM
Wouldn't it kind of make sense that the Shadows blend in with shadows?

Archer

Reply #1290 on: October 05, 2012, 01:20:43 AM
Wouldn't it kind of make sense that the Shadows blend in with shadows?

don't apply logic to kingdom hearts it doesn't make sense

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1291 on: October 07, 2012, 08:18:14 PM

*nods yes*

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1292 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09:10 AM
Key... blade?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1293 on: October 11, 2012, 06:04:44 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1294 on: October 11, 2012, 07:11:17 AM
ugh it's Seeker of Darkness, not Dark Seeker.

stupid siliconera mistranslating something *grumble grumble*

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #1295 on: November 21, 2012, 04:53:22 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #1296 on: November 21, 2012, 05:03:24 AM

Kingdom Hearts' plot in a nutshell.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1297 on: January 25, 2013, 12:28:59 AM
Localization

And it seems JM is uploading snippets of footage from his recording session. Yay?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1298 on: January 25, 2013, 12:44:38 AM
This makes 3 KH titles that Jesse McCartney has leaked localization of.

THREE.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1299 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:05 AM
It seems he's been told to remove that [parasitic bomb].