The Official Pokémon Black & White Discussion Thread

Klavier Gavin · 347501

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1100 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:51 AM
Offensive trainer as well, eh? MY BRETHEREN!

I fight the same way.

As such I [tornado fang]ing hate it when I get Paralyzed, Put to sleep, Poisoned, or Confused. mainly because I have no response to it.

I do have 7.

Nuzlocke or Catching what you use only?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1101 on: August 13, 2010, 08:40:54 AM
I fight the same way.

As such I [tornado fang]ing hate it when I get Paralyzed, Put to sleep, Poisoned, or Confused. mainly because I have no response to it.

Nuzlocke or Catching what you use only?
What the heck is a Nuzlocke?  Anyway I breed all my pokemon.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1102 on: August 13, 2010, 10:13:17 AM
Hmm.... It's been half of forever since I rasied something from an egg (togepi doesn't count), I should probably do that.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1103 on: August 13, 2010, 10:32:09 AM
I do have 7.

^ No longer my bretheren

< Never had any less than 100 registered pokemon

Archer

Reply #1104 on: August 13, 2010, 12:20:17 PM
What the heck is a Nuzlocke?  Anyway I breed all my pokemon.

Nuzlocke.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1105 on: August 13, 2010, 10:05:41 PM
What the heck is a Nuzlocke?  Anyway I breed all my pokemon.

Well thats smart. I'm usually too goddamn lazy. I always catch stronger stuff, And I rarely ever have to switch from my Murderous Feraligatr. Of course, going against a real opponent would get me killed in one hit.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1106 on: August 13, 2010, 10:08:29 PM
My friend is attempting to run through FireRed with only his Charmander and all other pokemon as HM slaves exclusively.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1107 on: August 13, 2010, 10:52:38 PM
Well thats smart. I'm usually too goddamn lazy. I always catch stronger stuff, And I rarely ever have to switch from my Murderous Feraligatr. Of course, going against a real opponent would get me killed in one hit.
Yeah you would and my Feraligatr would probably kick his butt too, no offense.  Not mention I actually learned how to EV train my pokemon too. 

Breeding does take forever even with a Slugma/Macargo or Magby/Magmar/Magmortar, a swarm of Dittos with different natures, and unlimited Everstones because for people who EV train you have to look for specific natures and stuff.  If I was a perfectionist I would of look for strong IVs in certain stats too.  But hey when you somehow get a shiny Torchic that has the nature you were looking for it's worth it.

My friend is attempting to run through FireRed with only his Charmander and all other pokemon as HM slaves exclusively.
Wow so he's using 5 pokemon to be HM slaves for 7 HMs.  You know he could avoid this by getting a Lickitung, any Water type, and Flying type since Flash is only good for the Rock Tunnel.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1108 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:56 PM
No point. I mean, he only uses the other 5 as HM slaves. All battling is done by the starter.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1109 on: August 13, 2010, 11:00:36 PM
No point. I mean, he only uses the other 5 as HM slaves. All battling is done by the starter.
Good luck in the Pokemon League his Charizard is going to get murdered by either Loreli, Lance, or Blue.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1110 on: August 13, 2010, 11:24:20 PM
Good luck in the Pokemon League his Charizard is going to get murdered by either Loreli, Lance, or Blue.

Aye. Had to Zapdos [twin slasher] those three. It was hell.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1111 on: August 13, 2010, 11:32:38 PM
I forgot how I handled them in Leaf Green.  I had a Venusaur, Raichu, Lapras, Nintales, Articuno, and a Eevee...I think.  Anyway I did okay.

EDIT: Yeah I kicked thier ass with a Eevee on my team.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1112 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:05 PM
I had my Charizard and the rest were legendaries and an HM slave.

Charizard (Named Blaze), Mewtwo (Named Psyche), Zapdos (Zap), Articuno (AC), Moltres (Meltdown), and Lapras, (Surfer).

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1113 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:51 PM
Yeah except for Leaf Green I never use legendaries.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1114 on: August 13, 2010, 11:45:29 PM
I raped with Rayquaza in Emerald. But I was 8. So I really didn't care.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1115 on: August 14, 2010, 11:06:18 PM
I never Nickname my Pokemon, mainly because I have no originality.

I once named a Nidoran (M) NONONONONONO....

I was 6, cut me some slack.

It was better than some of my friends at the time, they named their rival's such immature things...

I raped with Rayquaza in Emerald. But I was 8. So I really didn't care.

Emerald wasn't released that long ago...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1116 on: August 14, 2010, 11:16:33 PM
Emerald wasn't released that long ago...
Emerald was released in 2005 so if that's correct he's 13-14 now. 

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1117 on: August 14, 2010, 11:18:54 PM
Thats what I was thinking.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1118 on: August 15, 2010, 03:25:17 AM
Yeah, it's just the rest of us who are old geezers...

I would think that the worst would be over after Misty, due to how early you face her and the obedience issues with over-leveling your starter that soon.  The later you get in the game, the more over-leveled your lone powerhouse gets, and thus the more likely it can conquer a type disadvantage.  Even with a "balanced" team, your first crack at the Elite Four usually boils down to item abuse anyway (not that the computer doesn't deserve it with their freaking Full Restores).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1119 on: August 15, 2010, 04:50:52 AM
I would think that the worst would be over after Misty, due to how early you face her and the obedience issues with over-leveling your starter that soon.  The later you get in the game, the more over-leveled your lone powerhouse gets, and thus the more likely it can conquer a type disadvantage.  Even with a "balanced" team, your first crack at the Elite Four usually boils down to item abuse anyway (not that the computer doesn't deserve it with their freaking Full Restores).
That's true, I mean I did that in Blue with my Venusaur, but I knew it wasn't right and gave up on Blue.  That and the fact that Psychic types scared me back then since they would be too strong if I trained the normal way since all the Ghosts were part Poison and Bug moves really really sucked back then.  Then again with my knowlegde now I could of murdered them with an Eeveelution or Nintales.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1120 on: August 15, 2010, 05:29:25 PM
I never bought into the whole "Psychics are too powerful" complaints back then.  While it's true that there's no real way to hit them from a type-weakness standpoint (Ghost moves sucked too, regardless of Poison hybrid status), all first-gen Psychics with the exception of Hypno had high Speed but crappy Defense.  You could nail them with a strong physical attacker.  Not a problem for your resident Dragonite nutcase.  8)  Same is true of Ghosts, really, if you're not using Normal/Fighting moves.  Back before the new EV system shot everything to hell, even Zapdos's Drill Peck could ruin them.

These days, pretty much any Type can come with any stat distribution.  In first-gen there were a few trends that you could take advantage of.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1121 on: August 15, 2010, 05:37:50 PM
Emerald was released in 2005 so if that's correct he's 13-14 now. 

'Bout that. Kallen. Sakura was right on spot.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1122 on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:08 AM
'Bout that. Kallen. Sakura was right on spot.
Thats what I was thinking.

Anywho, Gyarados had been giving me tons of issues in SS, mainly because the ones that caused me trouble (Blue's and Lance's) had a rediculously high Defense stat. And none of the Pokemon I had at the time were very powerful. (This has changed, a Level 74 Feraligatr will tip the scales in my favor, Along with a Level 84 Rayquaza and a few other overpowed legendaries I bring along because I couldn't decently train a team if my life depended on it.)

Hell, i'm just going to do the same thing I did with Emerald and say [tornado fang] that to the Goddamn Battle Frontier.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1123 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:40 PM

Hell, i'm just going to do the same thing I did with Emerald and say [tornado fang] that to the Goddamn Battle Frontier.

Battle Frontier can just GO TO HELL.

1. Because it is pretty much impossible to beat.

2. Because it's because of the Battle Factory that I never got Groudon on my last file. My little brother beat Groudon on my save file because I was gonna catch it next time I got on, then went to the Battle Factory, and you need to save to get in.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1124 on: August 16, 2010, 09:24:35 PM
Anywho, Gyarados had been giving me tons of issues in SS, mainly because the ones that caused me trouble (Blue's and Lance's) had a rediculously high Defense stat. And none of the Pokemon I had at the time were very powerful. (This has changed, a Level 74 Feraligatr will tip the scales in my favor, Along with a Level 84 Rayquaza and a few other overpowed legendaries I bring along because I couldn't decently train a team if my life depended on it.)

Yeah I never used a Gyarados, it takes too much to train it and it's never worth it.  I mean for crying out loud it's a flying type pokemon but it can't learn flying attacks not even Aerial Ace.  Arcanine can learn Aerial Ace no problem but not Gyarados who is a flying type not thanks that just makes him more vunerable for no reason.

Battle Frontier can just GO TO HELL.

1. Because it is pretty much impossible to beat.

2. Because it's because of the Battle Factory that I never got Groudon on my last file. My little brother beat Groudon on my save file because I was gonna catch it next time I got on, then went to the Battle Factory, and you need to save to get in.
So you didn't know that any tournament inside the games demands that you save and you went ahead and saved anyway?  

Honestly I like the Battle Frontier because I stay far far away from the Battle Factory myself and focus on the Battle Castle, Battle Tower, and ocassionally the Battle Arcade.

EDIT: Okay Gyarados can learn Bounce but I would never use Bounce or Fly in a real battle.