Sakura Leic · 2816498

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14575 on: May 28, 2011, 05:48:56 AM
Holy [parasitic bomb], everybody knows that the Sonic Community has a bad reputation but that doesn't mean they can be put under fire! Jeez, it's Open Season at Deviant Art..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14576 on: May 28, 2011, 06:03:35 AM
"So the new mattresses are nice and soft...

But [tornado fang]ing huge. My bed is now 2 feet high."

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #14577 on: May 28, 2011, 08:56:31 AM
Holy [parasitic bomb], everybody knows that the Sonic Community has a bad reputation but that doesn't mean they can be put under fire! Jeez, it's Open Season at Deviant Art..
I've been a part of that community for a decade now. So yes, yes it does mean exactly that.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14578 on: May 29, 2011, 03:02:03 AM
Sometimes I wonder wether you can even speak of a Sonic "fan" community.

I'm not a part of it, but from an outside point of view it sometimes seems very hostile towards the games it's based on.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14579 on: May 29, 2011, 03:54:46 AM
I've met a few fans that love the games as much as the other media, plus they are a talented bunch of spriters too. I just don't get why 95% of the "fanbase" seems to hate the games he stars in, then again, it's hard to please the oldies and the "freshmen" at the same time, is it?

Also, I can't get Endless Duel's menu theme outta my head. DAMN SNES MUSICAL PROCESSING POWAH!

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14580 on: May 29, 2011, 04:13:37 AM
...Yeah, I've always susptected it, but that just confirmed that that guy has no soul >.> (not related to anyone here)

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #14581 on: May 29, 2011, 04:37:19 AM
Also, I can't get Endless Duel's menu theme outta my head. DAMN SNES MUSICAL PROCESSING POWAH!
I have always loved the later Wing OP, Rhythm Emotion, and the rendition of it in Endless Duel's intro is just as awesome and beautiful

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14582 on: May 29, 2011, 05:07:59 AM
Sometimes I wonder wether you can even speak of a Sonic "fan" community.

I'm not a part of it, but from an outside point of view it sometimes seems very hostile towards the games it's based on.
i see this kinda stuff a lot in the pokemon fandom, people are so fixated on the older games being the "only true games in the series" and are completely closed off to any change or improvement new games might have, even with their flaws.

to me it just seems like people are trying to find something to argue about to make themselves feel bigger.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14583 on: May 29, 2011, 06:20:32 AM
i see this kinda stuff a lot in the pokemon fandom, people are so fixated on the older games being the "only true games in the series" and are completely closed off to any change or improvement new games might have, even with their flaws.

to me it just seems like people are trying to find something to argue about to make themselves feel bigger.

BACK IN MY DAY THERE WERE ONLY 150 POKEMON!! (151)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14584 on: May 29, 2011, 06:33:23 AM

Oh right I forgot... but that also reminds me, the sonic fans themselves seems to be in a stalemate with one-another, whoopdedo. Now to make a Slang Man.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14585 on: May 29, 2011, 06:39:53 AM
BACK IN MY DAY THERE WERE ONLY 150 POKEMON!! (151)
thing is a great deal of these people have never played anything beyond gen 1 and would probably be lost as hell if they tried. i can hear it already. "what's this baton pass [parasitic bomb]? how useless."

Oh right I forgot... but that also reminds me, the sonic fans themselves seems to be in a stalemate with one-another, whoopdedo. Now to make a Slang Man.
the sonic fandom used to be a lot better, even if the basis of it (in my experience) was to compare eachother's fancharacters under a microscope and [sonic slicer] about everything that came out post-dreamcast. (tho the dreamcast games got a ridiculous amount of [parasitic bomb] too)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14586 on: May 29, 2011, 09:59:47 AM

Try being a fan of comic books. I mean, I can't even go onto comic book blogs because of how some people are. I swear I think they literally buy the book for the sole purpose of complaining about it.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #14587 on: May 29, 2011, 07:23:55 PM
Heck, I didn't event hat they were ahters until I got some sites on the internet. Beleive it or not, Final Fantasy fans are more tamer than Sonic and Pokemon fans.

Archer

Reply #14588 on: May 29, 2011, 07:58:16 PM
Heck, I didn't event hat they were ahters until I got some sites on the internet. Beleive it or not, Final Fantasy fans are more tamer than Sonic and Pokemon fans.

I don't see whats supposed to be so unbelievable about that.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14589 on: May 29, 2011, 08:26:24 PM
No fanbase is weirder than the touhou fanbase

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #14590 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:14 PM
No fanbase is weirder than the touhou fanbase
If you mean all the ridiculous amounts of [parasitic bomb] they manage to put out with surprising quality, then yeah.

In terms of general attitude, the Western fanbase is kinda meh. There's always those elitists that are all "omgz popularity will ruin the series!" or "if you care more about music/characters/anything other than the main gameplay you are the worst person ever and not a real fan". [parasitic bomb] gets pretty stupid at times, but nothing too bad I guess.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14591 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:58 PM
Yeah..I know this guy who made a LP of a Touhou fan game (Touhou mother), he generally enjoyed Touhou, but once the LP finished he got really annoyed by all thewank and such he started disliking it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14592 on: May 29, 2011, 09:11:14 PM
Lets not even get started with the fighting game fanbase >__>

*Hears commentator call Subzero "Dr. Subzero"*

...Now I REALLY want to see someone draw that.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14593 on: May 29, 2011, 09:40:28 PM
Lets all just agree in saying all fanbases have their pros and their cons.

Archer

Reply #14594 on: May 29, 2011, 09:43:24 PM
Lets all just agree in saying all fanbases have their pros and their cons.

The Sonic fanbase has a pro?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14595 on: May 29, 2011, 09:47:51 PM
I was going to say "that it has a fanbase at all", but I remembered that's just another con.

Well, if anything, Sonic Megamix is the fanbases pro. That they can give us a game which seems to escape Sonic Team's capability to understand, and is better than half of their modern 2D Sonic games.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #14596 on: May 30, 2011, 03:55:58 AM
What about Sonic Robo Blast? Or the fanvids of Sonic 3?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14597 on: May 30, 2011, 04:48:17 AM
Or the Sonic 2 CG ending.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #14598 on: May 30, 2011, 05:21:24 AM
In terms of general attitude, the Western fanbase is kinda meh. There's always those elitists that are all "omgz popularity will ruin the series!" or "if you care more about music/characters/anything other than the main gameplay you are the worst person ever and not a real fan". [parasitic bomb] gets pretty stupid at times, but nothing too bad I guess.

The popularity thing goes for all 'niche' fanbases. Or famous-but-only-in-Japan fanbases. Freakin' hipsters.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #14599 on: May 30, 2011, 06:00:17 AM
Being hipster is too mainstream B(

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations