The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 730191

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4675 on: March 19, 2015, 05:08:26 AM
Co-op must be quite fun in this game, I imagine, especially because the characters play so different. You can set up combos together, assign tasks, separate and share items. I haven't tried it yet, though, only played solo so far. Will do it at some point after I finish my first playthrough.

But yeah, it's probably just as fun as RE5 co-op was. And definitely better than RE6 co-op. :)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4676 on: April 04, 2015, 09:27:52 AM
Played Ninja Gaiden 3, last night and was pissed as to how unfairly hard it was, yet I was still capable of beating. Today I played the Japanese version, and speedran through it, like it was nothing. But it was no where near as unfair, compared to the English versions.

I'm kinda glad I grew up with the Famicom, and not the NES.

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4677 on: April 04, 2015, 09:35:12 AM
You DO know that the Ninja Gaiden franchise is among the most punishingly difficult games ever made, right?

Particularly the NES games.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4678 on: April 04, 2015, 09:41:44 AM
Yes.

Thankfully when emulators didn't existed, I was glad the first game was never part of my Famicom collection (we all know the answer to that). The second game was a cakewalk, although there were times I thought the third game was easier than 2, because of the hit detection difference from your sword.

Fear me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4679 on: April 23, 2015, 10:08:42 AM
Starting on a long path of Tactical Espionage Action today.

AKA, I just bought the MGS Legacy collection and am starting with Metal Gear 1.
Not sure how long it'll take but I'm somewhere in Building 2 now.

After I get this done I'll be playing MG2, looking forward to that one especially.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4680 on: April 23, 2015, 10:20:58 AM
If you have no prior knowledge of the series, play in release order.

If you understand a lot beforehand like I did, I'd suggest playing chronological order, which would be MGS3 > Peace Walker > MGSV > MG1 > MG2 > MGS1 and so on.

Also, if you'd like, you can actually skip ahead to Metal Gear Solid proper since the canon of the MGX games is kind of under scritiny right now.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4681 on: April 23, 2015, 10:36:59 AM
Oh, that's exactly what I'm doing, release order, so it technically means I'm booting into MGS3 to play MG1 and MG2. I know a bunch of [parasitic bomb] in the series as is (Spoiled the hell out of myself) but I want to start from the beginning and work my way forward.

I can't imagine playing in chronological order to begin with though, going from a considerably more recent game with streamlined mechanics to an older one with less of that (ie, jumping from MGS3 or Peace Walker to MGS1 since V isn't out yet.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4682 on: April 23, 2015, 10:38:39 AM
I played in chronological and I didn't have that problem. Moving from Ground Zeroes back to MGS1 was, dare I say it, actually kind of cool. It was like I was playing a completely different game. I can definitely understand the criticisms against it though.

I'm going through MGS2 myself right now. I don't know what I'll do about MGS4 though, since I don't own a PS3.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4683 on: April 23, 2015, 10:58:21 AM
My main gripe with MG1 right now is that the [tornado fang]ing transceiver doesn't seem to work.

Like, I have the antenna and recieve calls every once in a while but I can't actually send calls out and get replies.

EDIT: Well turns out you can only send calls out in specific rooms. That's sort of not helpful. Anyway, the lack of Rocket Launcher was what was holding me back since I didn't know how to get it, now I've beaten the game (with like a million deaths because i'm a stupid who didn't have 16 plastic explosives with me to blow up Metal Gear so I needed to die a lot for the game to give me a full stock.)

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4684 on: April 23, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
Finished Gurumin this past week. Pretty fun game. Probably not going for 100% since it requires playthroughs on higher difficulties.

Also finally 100%ed NieR after about 3 years of putting it off. I didn't even have anything really time consuming to do. Now I need to get back to Drakengard 3 though. I'm really lazy about turning on my PS3 even with it sitting right next to my computer.

Right now though, been playing Killing Floor 2. It's Early Access, but very polished and stable. Just a bit short on map and class selection right now. Doesn't matter much when it's just a wave survival co-op that lasts maybe half an hour or less per round.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4685 on: April 23, 2015, 08:28:13 PM
Gave FF 14 a realm reborn a try through the free trial on PS4 and--I'm rather enjoying the experience. Mostly soloing so far but I'm surprised the story is keeping me going and there is surprisingly little grinding do far.

Currently level 15 and considering going for the sub class needed for getting myself to a Summoner.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #4686 on: April 24, 2015, 02:02:20 PM
Finished Gurumin this past week. Pretty fun game. Probably not going for 100% since it requires playthroughs on higher difficulties.
I completely forgot about that key thing. Yay I can play this again.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4687 on: May 03, 2015, 10:25:55 PM
So Metal Gear 2... I got stuck really early on. Moved on to MGS1 in the mean time, I'll get back to MG2 in the future.

I finished MGS1 now, some frustrating bits ([tornado fang]ing Sniper Rifle swaying, zero warning to some of the cameras, aiming weapons being rather difficult.) But overall not a bad game.

CODE NAME: PUMA (Since I played on Easy, got discovered like 60 times and killed 40 dudes whilst eating 44 rations.)

On to MGS 2.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4688 on: May 03, 2015, 10:45:59 PM
Playing both first and second game of 5N@F. On the 5th night on 1; reached the 4th night on 2, without any problems. However, I don't remember Toy Chica, or any of the toy animatrons other than BB being active on night 3, since she was the only toy attempting to be a threat, that night.

And for some reason, my PC's being very picky, when it does want to, or when it doesn't want to play these games smoothly. I get the feeling my PC prefers I play the game during the night, instead of during the day. :\

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4689 on: May 03, 2015, 11:12:21 PM
So Metal Gear 2... I got stuck really early on. Moved on to MGS1 in the mean time, I'll get back to MG2 in the future.

I finished MGS1 now, some frustrating bits ([tornado fang]ing Sniper Rifle swaying, zero warning to some of the cameras, aiming weapons being rather difficult.) But overall not a bad game.

CODE NAME: PUMA (Since I played on Easy, got discovered like 60 times and killed 40 dudes whilst eating 44 rations.)

On to MGS 2.

Let's not forget the REX fight in general.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4690 on: May 03, 2015, 11:50:35 PM
Let's not forget the REX fight in general.

The REX fight only took three tries for me.
I blame the missiles.

On the other hand, Sniper Wolf 1 took like FOUR OR FIVE.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4691 on: May 04, 2015, 12:55:40 AM
Picked up Call of Juarez Gunslinger since it had near universal praise. Certainly do not regret it. It's pretty much a perfect Old West shooter with arcade-styled action. I didn't really know what to expect but it delivered anyway. Also hearing Paul Eiding do a southern accent is amusing.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4692 on: May 04, 2015, 01:07:55 AM
The REX fight only took three tries for me.
I blame the missiles.

On the other hand, Sniper Wolf 1 took like FOUR OR FIVE.

I found out smoking helps balance the scope without DRUGZ long after I finished the fight.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4693 on: May 04, 2015, 01:15:52 AM
Oh wait.

Is that what those [tornado fang]ing pills were for?

I thought that was just junk like the cold medicine.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4694 on: May 04, 2015, 04:46:27 AM
Yep. They steady the scope.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4695 on: May 04, 2015, 04:47:44 AM
that would've made scoping so much easier. damn.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4696 on: May 14, 2015, 02:05:48 AM
Been wanting to play some more Dwarf Fortress again. >.>

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4697 on: May 14, 2015, 04:07:01 AM
Just finished Muramasa Rebirth just about as much as I can. Not sure what I'll play during my commute now.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4698 on: May 14, 2015, 04:15:07 AM
I can recommend a few solid Android games... if you have Android.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4699 on: May 14, 2015, 05:12:19 AM
For better or worse I've given Assassin's Creed III a second try and while I'm enjoying it enough about midway in, I am legitimately anguished that I can't pet the beavers. Domesticated animals around town including goddamn pigs sure, but beavers are only for killing and selling their pelts apparently. [tornado fang] off.