Ramzal · 20989

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 08:23:07 PM
Wait. THEN WHERE ARE THE ARMOR CAPSULES?!?

In the form of accessories, dear. You know better that a certain group of folks will make them sooner or later, like they did with the DS series of consoles. 8D

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 08:25:39 PM
HEAD CAPSULE - Increases graphics processing
ARM CAPSULE - Increases sound processing (top screen has speakers)
LEG CAPSULE - Increases touch screen responsiveness
BODY CAPSULE - Boosts CPU power

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 08:41:55 PM
The SOLE reason to buy a new console is because it is more powerful and replaces the preceding one for all newer game releases. Gimmicks like touch screen and 3D are just additional selling points. So why can't people just want the 3DS because it's a more powerful DS that will be having all new games on it?

Because that would make.....sense?

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Rise of Aetheria- An Arts and Roleplaying Site
Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 08:56:21 PM
I'll be honest with everyone, I never played Legends or Kid Icarus. In fact, of the games I have seen coming for the 3ds currently, there is no game I am 'OMGAWD YES'ing about. I'm just not excited about it yet. (Yes even the pokemon game have me 'eh'ing because I have a hard time getting into new gens.)

But I'm happy for Ares. I'm happy to see him happy about it.

I know some 3ds games I want will come out eventually. Something that interests me, or I'll even play his Legends or Kid Icarus for the hell of it.

But I'm not exploding about it. And I still think a lot of the hate is directly a result of the hype. Not even most of the complaints are even about the game. Someone just has to be different.

Let people be happy. Save the complaints for when the damn thing comes out. Heck I'm sure even some of the people singing it's praises will complain then. But at least the game will be out. Or hell even the console to be out and priced.  ::)

Just my opinion.

Edit:

The SOLE reason to buy a new console is because it is more powerful and replaces the preceding one for all newer game releases. Gimmicks like touch screen and 3D are just additional selling points. So why can't people just want the 3DS because it's a more powerful DS that will be having all new games on it?

I was thinking the same thing when I read this thread last night. It's not like the 3ds is just a DS with 3d abilities. I don't know the exact stuff in it, mind you, but I'm sure it is improved in all the important ways like the DS was over the GBA (other than touch screen).

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 08:58:08 PM
Let people be happy. Save the complaints for when the damn thing comes out. Heck I'm sure even some of the people singing it's praises will complain then. But at least the game will be out. Or hell even the console to be out and priced.  ::)

Just my opinion.
Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say. In part.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 09:00:51 PM
I won't be getting it anyway. I just want to see the story continue.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 09:16:19 PM
I was tempted to pull a Kanye on the 3DS, but yknow what, I wont.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 09:28:02 PM
For me, the 3DS is perfect. I need a new DS anyway, cause I'm still using the original, and I was going to upgrade anyway to the DSi XL, before hearing the "NEW DS TO BE SHOWN AT E3" rumor which turned out to be the very same 3DS we're talking about right now. So now I get a brand new system, and in glorious 3D, with Wi-Fi galore and power over millions.

LoL, by the time it comes out, I will hopefully have a much more steady job so that I can upgrade my Verizon phone plan to a data plan, get that free Verizon Mi-Fi spot thingy with the upgrade, and thus have INTERNET EVERYWHERE!

...But yeah, Kid Icarus looks fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic. IN FACT LETS WATCH THE TRAILER AGAIN!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY[/youtube]

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 09:33:36 PM
Blues, I think you just got the best post transition achievement just now. XD

*watches trailer*

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 09:40:00 PM
@pb: "Watching a 3D TV can reportedly cause “an epileptic seizure or stroke,” and the following symptoms should be watched out for, “(1) altered vision; (2) lightheadedness; (3) dizziness; (4) involuntary movements such as eye or muscle twitching; (5) confusion; (6) nausea; (7) loss of awareness; (8) convulsions; (9) cramps; and/or (10) disorientation.”

Then there is the “motion sickness, perceptual after effects, disorientation, eye strain, and decreased postural stability,” and possible “damage [to] your eyesight.”
"
Yep. 3d tv. Worth it. So very very worth it despite all of this.  O:<
You, sir, are as paranoid as Sheldon Cooper.  The exact same thing is said of ordinary video games due to light sensitivity conditions.  The 3DS will not burn away anyone's retina.  It will irritate a small minority of people in the same manner that small screens period, and video games period, do.  This isn't even exclusive to electronics; some people can tolerate reading in a car, and others cannot.  Whether you have previously demonstrated sensitivity to one particular light/motion condition doesn't say how sensitive you will be to another.  Common sense mandates that for the sake of one's health, one must pay attention to their body's own signs regarding individual tolerances.

That is why the 3D can be turned off (well, that and it forbids over-the-shoulder viewing, I guess).

This.  You know why I bought a DS?  Because it had [tornado fang]ing SUPER MARIO 64 WITH YOSHI IN IT.  That's it.  I did not give a rat's ass that it had two screens.  The touch screen was neither the savior nor death of gaming.  It was just some nifty extra.

The 3D has me intrigued.  But if ViewMaster gaming makes me nauseous, and I have to shut it off, then even in 2D it'll still be a new, powerful Nintendo handheld with a kickass game selection.

I wanted 3DS because of Kid Icarus (and so many other games)! Legends 3 made me love the 3DS even more than before~ <3
Same.  Watching the trailer again now. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 09:42:16 PM
Blues, I think you just got the best post transition achievement just now. XD

*watches trailer*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 02, 2010, 12:52:58 AM

is there a "You win" Achievement? Because you just unlocked it Mirby. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
  • this is me giving a [tornado fang]
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: October 02, 2010, 01:41:37 AM
RPM was ORIGINALLY dedicated to LEGENDS specifically, everything else SECONDARY.

Yes, ORIGINALLY. That would imply it isn't anymore, no?

I was tempted to pull a Kanye on the 3DS, but yknow what, I wont.

I'm glad you didn't because that would be stupid.

Gainax fanboys are the biggest hipsters all around.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 01:47:18 AM
Yes, ORIGINALLY. That would imply it isn't anymore, no?
No, it still is dedicated to Legends. But now the other series have taken equal precedence as well.

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 01:50:50 AM
No, it still is dedicated to Legends. But now the other series have taken equal precedence as well.
I believe you just contradicted yourself.

Besides, I doubt its doing a very good job of being a site of being dedicated to DASH is half the members don't even know that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 01:52:23 AM
half the members weren't even around for that. More than half. You included, so maybe you should stop acting like you know how the site works when you are still a relative noob compared to the rest of us here.

As for contradiction, no no no. You misunderstand me. If this wasn't still a Legends-dedicated site, we wouldn't have the background we have, now would we? It would've been changed to something more universal, I'm sure.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 01:53:31 AM
You two.

Zip it.

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 02, 2010, 01:55:07 AM
Very well.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 01:57:01 AM
half the members weren't even around for that. More than half. You included, so maybe you should stop acting like you know how the site works when you are still a relative noob compared to the rest of us here.

You weren't around for it either.  Follow your own advice. Also, do what Acid says.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 01:57:44 AM
I had planned on that being my last post in the argument anyways.

And I know I wasn't; I never meant to imply I was.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: October 02, 2010, 02:04:16 AM
And yet you did because you clearly don't think about what you say or what you type when you say or type it. This isn't the first argument I've seen you get into without any knowledge of. In fact, it's not the first argument I've seen you get into without any knowledge in the past 2 days.

However, it better be the last. Do I make myself [tornado fang]ing clear?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #71 on: October 02, 2010, 02:06:29 AM
Yes, sir.

meep

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 02:10:04 AM
This thread was all too expected. For something this big, it was bound to happen. :P

Requesting lock, if needed.

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: October 02, 2010, 02:14:42 AM
Another thread will just show up.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 02, 2010, 02:21:25 AM
Why is this thread so popular?