Disappointments with Legends 3? Here.

Ramzal · 20995

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 10:51:24 AM
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the 3D in the 3DS and will probably have it turned off most of the time and am more interested in the fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic line up of games already announced?

Just wondering.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:43 AM
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the 3D in the 3DS and will probably have it turned off most of the time and am more interested in the fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic line up of games already announced?

Just wondering.
No, I like the idea of 3D, but that's minor. I'm with you on this.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 10:54:08 AM

Just wondering.

Actually I'm very interested in the technology they're promoting regarding glasses-less 3D. The fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic line up of games help as well.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 10:55:38 AM
Well the scholarly side of me wants to know of the technology.

But the gamer side of me, which more often than not supercedes the scholar, doesn't care and is happy about the lineup.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:34 AM
Why would the gamer side not be interested too? If Sharp's technology works, they will most likely be implementing this into their TV's shortly, with a promotion of glasses-less 3D entertainment which you can shut on or off. If this works as well as it should, then you can be sure the majority of new TV's that will be coming out in the next 3-5 years are going to all have this option, and so will games from all 3 main competitors.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 11:01:03 AM
The gamer side of me had not considered that possibility, and is now intrigued as well.

The scholarly side nods in agreement.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:16 AM
No, they pretty much have the same reason for failing: nothing to offer the majority. And how is it huge? It's jumping to a system which is guaranteed to sell millions.

Clearly you do fear the 3DS, or rather the damage it's going to do to your eyes. The problem isn't the game, it's you. I have no problem with 3D, or especially with a system with which we don't know fully how it's going to look, even though last I heard the vast, vast majority of people who covered it at E3 and so on said it looked phenomenal.

Wrong again. The game is being released on the system, which I agree I do not like the risks nor how I feel after 3d is shot to my eyes. It's not even the -system- it's the science behind it. Basic biology information can tell you the dangers of it, along with playing Legends--a game with CONSTANT lights heading at you....all I can say is bye bye eyes. I was tempted with OoT when I first heard about it. No doubt. With this? No. Way. Which is why I say that I would prefer it to be on a gaming station that is common and around. Financial risk minimized, no chance of a law suit happening, and less blind people in the world or seizures from playing legends 3.

@Gotham: If it's not going to use the function it's sold for than why buy it? That's like buying a game but turning off the sound as soon as you get it. The gameplay is fun but you can't hear any of the music. For that much--without the 3D function, they may as well just released these games on the DSi. Or hey, released Legends 3 on a -system-.  I don't care for 3d at all. However I am not going to buy a system and not use the intended purpose of it. I'm sorry, that just seems like a waste of money, no matter how much I love the idea of Legends 3 and want it.

I've already explained the technologyTalyn. If you want a vast explaination, I would be happy to explain to you exactly HOW 3d light effects are used.

@pb: "Watching a 3D TV can reportedly cause “an epileptic seizure or stroke,” and the following symptoms should be watched out for, “(1) altered vision; (2) lightheadedness; (3) dizziness; (4) involuntary movements such as eye or muscle twitching; (5) confusion; (6) nausea; (7) loss of awareness; (8) convulsions; (9) cramps; and/or (10) disorientation.”

Then there is the “motion sickness, perceptual after effects, disorientation, eye strain, and decreased postural stability,” and possible “damage [to] your eyesight.”
"
Yep. 3d tv. Worth it. So very very worth it despite all of this.  O:<

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 11:04:35 AM
Ramzal, I was directing my tech comments at PB, not you.

And how many people buy things that have one feature and don't use it for that feature?

Say, buy a PS2 and don't use it to watch movies. My brother does that.

Or buy a car with mp3 player connectivity and don't use that. It's been done before.

Or get a phone with all these apps, but don't use it for the games. Also done before.

Yes, you have a valid point in that buying something that has a certain feature and not using it can be pointless, but there are thousands, if not millions, of people that do just that. And don't really care.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 11:11:09 AM
Wrong again. The game is being released on the system, which I agree I do not like the risks nor how I feel after 3d is shot to my eyes. It's not even the -system- it's the science behind it. Basic biology information can tell you the dangers of it, along with playing Legends--a game with CONSTANT lights heading at you....all I can say is bye bye eyes. I was tempted with OoT when I first heard about it. No doubt. With this? No. Way. Which is why I say that I would prefer it to be on a gaming station that is common and around. Financial risk minimized, no chance of a law suit happening, and less blind people in the world or seizures from playing legends 3.

No no, I'm still right. In fact, you just proved my point. The science behind the system is still the system. It is its main selling point, just like motion control gaming was with the Wii, and it is that revolutionary ideal which is going to sell the system and all the science-y mysticism behind it. Also, have you considered the fact that maybe, just maybe, Sharp and Nintendo have factored in people with your eyesight? You know, that they have some test groups and such that they bring in to their testing areas before they venture forth into their new technological dream idea that's coming out? Or that maybe some of the many many people who have already praised the visuals after seeing first hand are also not comfortable with 3D and perhaps have eyesight as "3Dangerous" as yours? I mean, I'm pretty sure they all don't have many flawlessly awesome vision! XD

@pb: "Watching a 3D TV can reportedly cause “an epileptic seizure or stroke,” and the following symptoms should be watched out for, “(1) altered vision; (2) lightheadedness; (3) dizziness; (4) involuntary movements such as eye or muscle twitching; (5) confusion; (6) nausea; (7) loss of awareness; (8) convulsions; (9) cramps; and/or (10) disorientation.”

Then there is the “motion sickness, perceptual after effects, disorientation, eye strain, and decreased postural stability,” and possible “damage [to] your eyesight.”
"
Yep. 3d tv. Worth it. So very very worth it despite all of this.  O:<

And again, which is why they give you the option to slide it off. See, options are good things. It means that even if people like you do get symptoms from this, there's still the option to turn it off. There's also the option of not buying it for fear of said side effect.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 11:18:57 AM
Ramzal, you're worried about strain on your eyes. So much so, you seem willing to pass up the Legendary (PUN!) DASH 3.

Yet right from the beginning, Nintendo has a BUILT IN SOLUTION. The ABILITY TO TURN 3D OFF. Dear christ, what? Unbelievable!

So no, I don't see a problem here. Unlike a touch screen, I don't think it's possible for 3D to be necessary for gameplay, just a factor of "oooo" and "aaaaah" much like it is for movies. If it is, holy [parasitic bomb], color me shocked. I don't see it, though.

So... What's the problem here?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 11:26:23 AM
The problem is that if he's not going to use it 3DS for the 3D aspect, he sees no point in buying it, and so he's going to miss out on Legends 3.

Aresian

Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 11:38:30 AM
OK. Two things... because as a general idea, this topic is a travesty to me. OK, so, one. I agree with some of Ramzal's worries. 3D crap makes me nauseous. Because of this, I do worry about the 3DSes functions... I have enough things that give me motion sickness in life. So, I'm glad it has an off switch, least my gameplay be limited.

That said, point two.

RPM was ORIGINALLY dedicated to LEGENDS specifically, everything else SECONDARY. You MORONS are starting to make me raise an eyebrow. Yes, fairness is cute and all and I'm all for it where it is relevant, but goodness... THIS IS TO BE EXPECTED! And while it was clunky to some, horrible to others, for those of us who are die hards for it, it was BEAUTIFUL. I had NO complaints about the controls and what have you... but before I get sidetracked, I'll finish this POV. Either accept it for what it is, or ship out. No questions asked, I'll close the [tornado fang]ing doors on ya.

However. In defense again of Ramzal... what the hell? You were banned for a week? When and where did this happen, because that is BULLSHIT as well. I've seen people waltz around RPM that should be banned for FAR WORSE than something like that. So I want to get the details on that. ASAP.

That said, I'm done with this topic, for while as a moderator it has my moderation, as a member, it lacks my interest.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 11:40:07 AM
Ares, first off. There is an off button. Turn the slider down all the way before turning the 3DS on and BAM! no 3D effect.

And secondly, he's complaining about Jelly's threat to ban people for a week if they kept arguing in the announcement topic.
So new rule, everyone in here that airs out a tepid complaint after this post over platform choice, says something that I can categorize as "herpa derp I'mma recycle /v/'s tired arguments - $300! Portable! loldash/legends", or mentions the forum's relevant BGM (although at the very least, I'll agree with some of you and your comments on an optional play/pause feature JUST for the sake of being understanding -- I love this personally) is getting a week long stay at "off the [tornado fang]ing forum".

Aresian

Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 11:47:56 AM
I editted my post accordingly to the off function. Nintendo admittedly is very smart, they don't do things half assed, most of the time.

Now, in my rebuttal, I'm glad that he wasn't really banned. His post was very confusing in that department. I am more respectful of an official warning than an outright ban without. As much as I get tired of the ceaseless bitching and the buzz kills that honestly... should just log out of the forum, go outside and get some damn air... I also think there are a lot of others that need to be banned for a lot worse, and yet, they get away with it.

Oh well. I'm done with this. Have fun gaiz.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 02:44:58 PM
Guys, its obvious there is really only ONE true solution to this.

RPM was ORIGINALLY dedicated to LEGENDS specifically, everything else SECONDARY. 
Really? wow that actually explains a lot.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 06:13:47 PM
Because of the lack of ability to put any opinion of the opposite in the other Megaman Legends 3 thread, and at fact of being -banned- for a week for it. [...] Then again, this is the internet. No such thing as free speech depending on situation and location.

Oh God, no you didn't... Of all the people in the world you could indirectly cite as being against the idea of back and forth discussions, you chose me? XD

I'll get this out out quickly. First off, in case I haven't been clear, my move in the initial DASH/Legends topic was more of a clear out approach to dealing with people who are going to regurgitate FUD and stick to it like it's the [tornado fang]ing bible. As of now, the price for the 3DS is undetermined for every region that isn't Japan, therefore complaining about a $300 conversion price is not a valid or strong foundation for the "I'm against 3DS" camp, UNLESS you live in Japan or plan to buy a Japanese 3DS. Secondly, in a discussion thread, you have every right to be for or against a certain topic, thus creating an actual discussion. However, this is your post:

You know, as glad as I am that Legends 3 is coming out, it is retarded to put it out on the 3ds. First of all, it's a 300 dollar system. Considering the fact that it's so expensive and for what it is--a series that is largely forgotten in most gaming backgrounds, most people's attention will be towards Loz OOT release, MGS:3 and so forth to the point where Legends won't make that many sales. Sure, die hard Megaman fans will buy it at first, but in general the masses will not bother. It's going to be the same story as to what happened with Megaman Maverick Hunter X. Unless this game is so great that it will put all other Capcom games to shame. Mark my words. It would have been smarter to put it on on systems that people already have (Wii, Ps3, and 360) than to do this. And namely since there's an idea that the minimum wage will jump again lately, gaming prices will increase soon too. So don't be surprised if you are paying $400 for just the 3ds and Legends 3.

Let's go through this as briskly as possible:

- Why exactly is it retarded to put it on the 3DS, a system that has been gathering an unprecedented amount of hype and enthusiasm from both gamers and developers? What is it that makes it so retarded in Ramzal land as opposed to Capcom HQ where most everyone talking about the little handheld that could have stated that not only is the little system plenty capable enough to do this thing the right way (See Inafune's comments on MT Framework being designed with Legends/DASH in mind and the comments about how well the engine scales onto the 3DS) but was the best fit in terms of getting it out to a new audience?

- Define forgotten. When most Capcom cameo games have at least one DASH character in them, Famitsu's "Game Series You Want A Sequel to most" column ALWAYS has DASH ranking within the highest percentile, and a decently strong Megaman fanbase in the US has clamored to Inafune over a new installment, on top of potential new sales from newcomers to 3DS looking for some good new content, I see a situation where DASH has more than enough publicity as well as a chance to shine like never before.

- The game is coming out in a time frame on the 3DS where quality efforts and content will still be in the nurturing stages. Legends/DASH 3 making the first year of 3DS' library life guarantees that consumer interest will be there since the library will be full of unproven and untested efforts, whereas Legends, or hell the Megaman name itself is certain to catch someone's interest thanks to its legacy.

- What kind of jump in logic leads you to believe that a raising of the minimum wages for the working people will lead to a $100 price jump on the system by it's launch? First off, I seriously cannot believe that this was in any way necessary to make as a point for a gaming forum devoted to Megaman games, but I'll bite since I love to dabble in different things simultaneously. Secondly, that point you raised is still irrelevant given the key detail you missed -- 3DS HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN A PRICE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN. Therefore, any price adjustments you did to get that figure are wholly based on a unproven foundation.

In short, I don't discourage discussion. I love promoting it. What I absolutely hate hate HATE is getting misinterpreted or people using FUD as a crux to their own arguments. Should the 3DS be $300 USD, then I too will resonate with your opinions in my own way, but making a conclusion based on what we have, especially given that this is a company that has been known to undercharge in their currency conversions for other countries and understand the price ceilings for certain goods, doesn't feel like a satisfactory conclusion.

Oh and since I have your initial post up in another tab to read through yet again to really get into this, what's with this "it's a video game, come on guys" nonsense? You're kinda reminding me of this:

So long as everyone is in respectable limits and keeps themselves in line, enthusiasm should never be dampened because one person finds something more trivial than another does. I can't for the life of me understand why people love watching sports as opposed to playing them, but I'll be damned to [parasitic bomb] on their parade with the equivalent of your comment towards the people who are happy for a new Legends game. ("I know the Knicks just made the playoffs for the first time in like ever, but seriously guys, it's just basketball, come on.")

Last, but not least, I think this one should really go without saying, but 10 years worth of time off to pop back up in this day and age and you have worries about Legends 3 not being up to par with modern games? That's the last thing on my mind personally, Capcom's gonna knock this one out of the park, the only question I have currently is how far it's going to go. :P

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 07:30:19 PM
If it's not going to use the function it's sold for than why buy it?

The SOLE reason to buy a new console is because it is more powerful and replaces the preceding one for all newer game releases. Gimmicks like touch screen and 3D are just additional selling points. So why can't people just want the 3DS because it's a more powerful DS that will be having all new games on it?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 07:36:35 PM
I wanted 3DS because of Kid Icarus (and so many other games)! Legends 3 made me love the 3DS even more than before~ <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 07:42:30 PM
Well, guess I'll have to put this in here then..

Quote from: Gaia on May 06, 2010, 11:30:32 PM
One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

I wanted 3DS because of Kid Icarus (and so many other games)! Legends 3 made me love the 3DS even more than before~ <3

I'd like to see what other 3DS titles will come after this. The only thing I'm worried about is another cliffhanger, capcom's notorious for that.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 07:53:41 PM
Well, guess I'll have to put this in here then..

See, this kinda stuff is old, annoying, and offers nothing new to this discussion or any other. We get it, Legends riles us up. Now please shut up and let us proceed with being riled up. :P

It's seriously such a good time to be a gamer. 8)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 08:00:21 PM
It really is.

I know you've said it before, Jelly, but now all we need is StarTropic 3DS. :D

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 08:15:59 PM
See, this kinda stuff is old, annoying

Blame a cow for going kbonkers over L3's tiny little tidbits. XD

I actually am wee hyped for L3, but not to the point of debate over the 3DS' secret capabilities. The way I see it, the 3DS is practically the "Mega Man X" of the consoles.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 08:21:08 PM
The way I see it, the 3DS is practically the "Mega Man X" of the consoles.
Wait. THEN WHERE ARE THE ARMOR CAPSULES?!?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 08:22:03 PM
Wait. THEN WHERE ARE THE ARMOR CAPSULES?!?

Available separately.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 08:22:54 PM
CURSES!!!

Let's just hope the 3DS doesn't puss out and not want to fight anymore. ;)