Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1059005

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #15750 on: February 06, 2014, 08:40:19 AM
King of the Hill seems more like a bland slice-of-life, rather than a comedy.
I think there's male humor in there too, which honestly I'm not a big fan of for obvious reasons.  I prefer wit not gross our factors, toilet humor and male chauvinism thank you very much.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15751 on: February 06, 2014, 08:43:26 AM
Not many comedies have wit nowadays, unfortunately.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15752 on: February 06, 2014, 08:44:16 AM
Not many comedies have wit nowadays, unfortunately.
It truly is, it's why I hate South Park too now that I'm older.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #15753 on: February 06, 2014, 08:46:25 AM
I'm sorry but I just can't find the appeal in the damn show, not to mention I'm sure it ended a long time ago so all they are are reruns.  It's like how they kept showing Cowboy Bebop, FLCL and the second season of Big O over and over again except those shows have quality.
I wouldn't mind Adult Swim, but I don't have cable/satellite TV. And it's slightly different here. Not that I would subscribe, because Foxtel is basically a pile of crappy reruns.

That said, free to air is starting to become reruns aswell. I don't watch TV much anymore, but playing Adventure Time and Power Rangers Samurai so many times seemed annoying. I gave up trying to watch YGO Zexal on a regular basis because of my lack of interest in TV.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15754 on: February 06, 2014, 08:49:53 AM
It truly is, it's why I hate South Park too now that I'm older.

I'll admit that a few South Park skits were amusing, like the PS4 vs. Xbone scene.

The South Park movie was [tornado fang]ing terrible, though. I lasted, what, 30 minutes until I stopped watching.

Hell, I wanted to stop 15 minutes into the movie, but I decided to watch a little more, to see if it got better.

NOPE.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15755 on: February 06, 2014, 08:52:28 AM
I wouldn't mind Adult Swim, but I don't have cable/satellite TV. And it's slightly different here. Not that I would subscribe, because Foxtel is basically a pile of crappy reruns.

That said, free to air is starting to become reruns aswell. I don't watch TV much anymore, but playing Adventure Time and Power Rangers Samurai so many times seemed annoying. I gave up trying to watch YGO Zexal on a regular basis because of my lack of interest in TV.
Adventure Time, except the first season, is mostly good though Finn's abuse of the Ice King is still obnoxious to me.

And yeah I can understand that, and I stopped watching YGO mid way into GX when things started getting so stupidly dark.  I honestly preferred the earlier seasons.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15756 on: February 06, 2014, 08:54:18 AM
Eww GX

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #15757 on: February 06, 2014, 08:59:39 AM
I think there's male humor in there too, which honestly I'm not a big fan of for obvious reasons.  I prefer wit not gross our factors, toilet humor and male chauvinism thank you very much.

Funny thing is KOTH really doesn't have any toilet humor or gross out factors.

Whereas South Park is pretty much a pool of toilet humor on days where it isn't trying to be topical satire.

Though really I don't have issues getting into that much TV, the only shows I actively scorn are Johnny Test and Annoying Orange, Total Drama isn't great either but I recall liking that at some point so it gets a pass. I don't watch Adventure Time solely out of the fact that it has a lot of Worldbuilding and storyline stuff that if I jumped in now I would miss, and because of the 15 minute run-time reruns are painful because of Cartoon Network's insistence on just bunching two episodes together without regard for when they aired or when they take place, at least that's from my experience with Regular show (Which I only watch first runs and only once at that because of CN's nasty tendencies to rerun certain episodes into the ground.) I recall being turned off from both Flapjack and Chowder because they wanted to rerun the same episode like three days in a row and I happened to catch it every single [tornado fang]ing time.

Though to be fair I don't watch much TV nowadays, not enough to care. So [as] being on at 8 doesn't bug me, maybe Toonami will start another hour earlier in due time as well. I can't imagine Cleveland Show reruns get that much ratings wise seeing as that was a pile of [parasitic bomb] (That I forced myself to sit through for four pointless seasons.) but who knows maybe the fratboy squad who only watches for Family guy eats that [parasitic bomb] up.

I have to get back to watching stuff on Netflix. After I finish with my Media Server stuff.

Eww GX

I liked GX. I watched up till just after Jaden got back from his little who-knows where the [tornado fang] he went trip after his cards turned blank or something and people started wearing those white uniforms and were evil or something I don't really remember.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15758 on: February 06, 2014, 09:05:31 AM
Eww GX
I see the earlier seasons as it's so bad it's good in my opinion, then it made a very sharp turn into so [tornado fang]ing dark and depressing and [parasitic bomb] that just makes you go WTF.

It's kind of how I felt with the first Pokemon RP near the end starting with the whole Stone Town and Fuchsia thing.  That and I could of sworn that Team Rocket as a whole might have gotten to Villain Sue levels with how ridiculous it got, but I could be totally wrong about that.

And Ahrazyl's stuff, it was certainly interesting and I admit I was very curious how she would end it but she went way over board with her stuff and I mean way overboard.  

I like the Hoenn one better since I feel it's a lot more balance, the pacing is better, and it makes more sense.  Though we still need to work on the pacing of battles better, and I have some blame on that too.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15759 on: February 06, 2014, 09:09:48 AM
I think everybody has shows where they like some seasons but other seasons they just prefer to pretend not exist or whatever. Or if you want to go deeper than that just take individual episodes out and pretend they never happened or take that even farther and write off singular events in an episode that you'd rather not exist.

I can go a long way with that. Trust me you don't want me to go there.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15760 on: February 06, 2014, 09:13:38 AM
Pretty much like how I pretend that Shadow the Hedgehog never existed.  I would say Sonic 06 too, but they retconed the events of the story at the end anyway. :P

I might say the same for the RPG, though I haven't played it myself and I honestly don't plan to.

As for Secret Rings and Black Knight I say alternate continuity and I think SEGA does too, not that they are good at Sonic continuity. :P

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15761 on: February 06, 2014, 09:16:58 AM
Adventure Time, except the first season, is mostly good though Finn's abuse of the Ice King is still obnoxious to me.
Simon is the only real reason I watch it

I think everybody has shows where they like some seasons but other seasons they just prefer to pretend not exist or whatever.
I think I know what you mean, but I can't recall anything like that by name. I have masochist standards when it comes to watching things.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15762 on: February 06, 2014, 09:17:53 AM
Simon is the only real reason I watch it
I think I know what you mean, but I can't recall anything like that by name. I have masochist standards when it comes to watching things.
How's Attack on Titan?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15763 on: February 06, 2014, 09:19:35 AM
I was fine with Shadow. 06, well that's kind of its own thing.
The RPG is forgettable, the music helps in that matter, but its also just way too easy. I think I played it like 5 times through on account of how short and linear it is.
Secret Rings sucked and nothing sways me from that opinion, I still think 06 on the Wii would've played and looked better, it didn't look very good on the HD consoles so it would've been fine.

Going off the top of my head on a seasonal standpoint I dislike the 2nd Season of Baka to Test to Shokanjuu as compared to the First season its just not good.
And of course R2.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15764 on: February 06, 2014, 09:21:03 AM
I just refused to believe that Shadow was created by Aliens and [parasitic bomb].  Not to mention you have to play it 10 times to get the true ending.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15765 on: February 06, 2014, 09:27:15 AM
I just refused to believe that Shadow was created by Aliens and [parasitic bomb].  Not to mention you have to play it 10 times to get the true ending.

Hey, when you're 12 and have little in the way of money to get games you play a game for a long time, and I had my uncle to play with as well so we worked on getting A Ranks and beating the game together.

The story is [parasitic bomb], fine. But the gameplay works at least, its not always fun but its playable and it can be downright hilarious with the goofy voice acting.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15766 on: February 06, 2014, 09:28:58 AM
Hey, when you're 12 and have little in the way of money to get games you play a game for a long time, and I had my uncle to play with as well so we worked on getting A Ranks and beating the game together.

The story is [parasitic bomb], fine. But the gameplay works at least, its not always fun but its playable and it can be downright hilarious with the goofy voice acting.
I guess I'll give you that, still BS though.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15767 on: February 06, 2014, 09:31:37 AM
How's Attack on Titan?
It... went onto the list. It's a large list, too, so don't get too expectant of me watching a particular thing lol

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15768 on: February 06, 2014, 09:35:09 AM
It... went onto the list. It's a large list, too, so don't get too expectant of me watching a particular thing lol

Backlog list?

I want to see it.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #15769 on: February 06, 2014, 09:47:35 AM
... Nothing compared to my backlogs.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15770 on: February 06, 2014, 09:53:19 AM
I don't really think I have much of a backlog.

Other than Soul Eater, the rest of Sailor Moon, and Bakemonogatari... yeah I think that's it.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #15771 on: February 06, 2014, 10:00:25 AM

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15772 on: February 06, 2014, 10:04:01 AM
Well yeah, but I get distracted by other things. Plus my list is less anime, and more live action by the look of it

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15773 on: February 06, 2014, 10:08:03 AM
Mine spans across multiple seasons...
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/DrWilyII&status=6&order=0

God damn... oh wait there's like a lot of movies on there too. There's like 30+ 1 "Episode" things so its not as big as it would first appear, but its still large.

I forgot I have like a lot of gundam to watch too, forgot about the Akito films but I'll wait till those all come out, which by the schedule slippage I would assume will be in 2017.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15774 on: February 06, 2014, 11:50:11 AM

I think, what people tend to forget is, that it's a Sonic game. The entire premise behind Sonic is absurd, but then there are people who are used to that, and then when they just add more absurdity, they cry foul. It's a game about a hedgehog with 'tude that runs fast and collects rings. Just go with it.