Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1058621

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #22550 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:42 AM
Seems my bloody nose from yesterday is still present.  Oh dry weather how I missed you.  :\

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #22551 on: August 06, 2014, 02:02:54 AM
Seems my bloody nose from yesterday is still present.  Oh dry weather how I missed you.  :\
How did your nose bleed the last time?

I'm so hungry.

RPM, feed me.
I'll handle desserts then!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22552 on: August 06, 2014, 02:07:36 AM
How did your nose bleed the last time?
It wasn't really a huge nosebleed, it just happened because the weather was dried.  But when you have a bloody nose there's often still dried up blood in there so if you say scratch your nose it can make it bleed again.  Again not a big deal.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22553 on: August 06, 2014, 02:16:40 AM
There aren't many Phi pictures out there, in terms of fanart, so I decided to create my own.

Incomplete progress:

[spoiler]

It took me a few tries to get the face position right. The overall presentation was sloppy for the first couple of attempts.[/spoiler]

(Mostly) Complete:

[spoiler]

I eased the tension from her face, seen in my early progress, to evoke a more calm manner. Then proceeded to add shading, darkened some lines and added more petals to her flower hairpin.

I actually had a fairly difficult time creating the flowing petals. Not because they were challenging to draw, but rather, many of the petals I made looked too similar to the others. So, I made them bend and curve in different ways. Heck, I even experimented with how the shape of the flower hairpin should be; it took me about 8 tries to get the shape that satisfied me.

The right of the page was empty and its vacancy was nagging at me, so I decided to add some sort of design; thus, that's how the intertwining flowers were conceived.[/spoiler]

I wish I didn't have to use a camera for my artworks; the angle looks slightly better in person and the lines look cleaner. I desperately need a functioning scanner.

This is about 95% completed, just need to darken more lines and get rid of stray marks to make the presentation cleaner. It certainly doesn't help that I don't have any art tools further than pencils and colored pencils. Plus, I need much more practice at coloring.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22554 on: August 06, 2014, 03:02:31 AM
Ugh I just hate how I get tounge tied, my mom got frustrated beause I couldn't explain what was going on with my computer since I didn't understand what happened myself.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22555 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:03 AM
There aren't many Phi pictures out there, in terms of fanart, so I decided to create my own.

Incomplete progress:

[spoiler]

It took me a few tries to get the face position right. The overall presentation was sloppy for the first couple of attempts.[/spoiler]

(Mostly) Complete:

[spoiler]

I eased the tension from her face, seen in my early progress, to evoke a more calm manner. Then proceeded to add shading, darkened some lines and added more petals to her flower hairpin.

I actually had a fairly difficult time creating the flowing petals. Not because they were challenging to draw, but rather, many of the petals I made looked too similar to the others. So, I made them bend and curve in different ways. Heck, I even experimented with how the shape of the flower hairpin should be; it took me about 8 tries to get the shape that satisfied me.

The right of the page was empty and its vacancy was nagging at me, so I decided to add some sort of design; thus, that's how the intertwining flowers were conceived.[/spoiler]

I wish I didn't have to use a camera for my artworks; the angle looks slightly better in person and the lines look cleaner. I desperately need a functioning scanner.

This is about 95% completed, just need to darken more lines and get rid of stray marks to make the presentation cleaner. It certainly doesn't help that I don't have any art tools further than pencils and colored pencils. Plus, I need much more practice at coloring.
I've taken pictures of my stuff and there are a few ways you can achieve a good picture.

The most important thing would be the lighting.  Have an overhead light, plus two adjacent lights for even lighting.

Put your image on a flat surface, and if possible, use a tripod for the camera.  If you don't have one, brace it against something.

For angles, try to square the image in the viewfinder. Line up the image edges with the viewfinder as best as you can, usually lining up one corner will do the trick.

And a really big storm just hit and the lights dimmed for a moment.  I have the dishwasher running right now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22556 on: August 06, 2014, 03:21:51 AM
So it seems that my cord just died again and since my battery is terrible my computer lost power immediately.  I borrowed my dad's cord and it works again, plus the psychedelic screen problem was reduced as well.

I also explained to my mom why I have trouble explaining things and she apologized, though I'm not sure how much she understood.  Ugh the problems of an introvert. :|

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22557 on: August 06, 2014, 03:25:14 AM
Sometimes it takes me a while to get to a decent explanation, as I'm trying to figure things out at the same time.  The first time around, whatever I'm trying to say will come out vague and mostly hand gestures until I find the right words.

And my foot feels better!  It's still swollen, but it doesn't hurt as much.  I spent all day at the pool and swimming helped it.

Granted, I baked my back and shoulders good and red, but at least my foot's better! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22558 on: August 06, 2014, 03:32:50 AM
Sometimes it takes me a while to get to a decent explanation, as I'm trying to figure things out at the same time.  The first time around, whatever I'm trying to say will come out vague and mostly hand gestures until I find the right words.
Yeah that's exactly what I was doing and my mom got irritated because she didn't understand what she thought should be a simple explanation. 

I mean yes I could have said my computer wasn't working, but I didn't know why and was trying to figure out why.  That was why I went to my dad first to ask for his computer charger since I noticed that the computer wasn't accept the charger, but my mom just made things more difficult by trying to get me to explain something I couldn't.  And in the end it seemed that my charger was the culprit again instead of something worse.  I need a new one and possibly a battery.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22559 on: August 06, 2014, 03:34:42 AM
In the meantime, get one of those universal chargers with all the different plugs.  This way, you'll have that and if you ever get a charger for just your computer, you'll have the universal as a spare.

Once this storm passes, I'm taking the trash out and then putting my foot up and icing it. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22560 on: August 06, 2014, 03:38:33 AM
In the meantime, get one of those universal chargers with all the different plugs.  This way, you'll have that and if you ever get a charger for just your computer, you'll have the universal as a spare.

Once this storm passes, I'm taking the trash out and then putting my foot up and icing it.
I'll see what I can do, maybe I'll wait until I get a new computer.

But my mom said she wants to take the computer to Staples tomorrow to see if they can do anything about it, I think she just couldn't believe me when I told her that most of the replacement chargers were under $10, considering my computer is way outdated anyway.  I'll humor her with this for now.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22561 on: August 06, 2014, 04:21:23 AM
Somehow, Hannibal season 2 is even MORE disturbing than the first. Like season 1 wasn't already criticized for pushing the envelope for cable TV. Ugh, I really shouldn't eat when I watch it.

Still an incredible show, nonetheless! 8D

I've taken pictures of my stuff and there are a few ways you can achieve a good picture.

The most important thing would be the lighting.  Have an overhead light, plus two adjacent lights for even lighting.

Put your image on a flat surface, and if possible, use a tripod for the camera.  If you don't have one, brace it against something.

For angles, try to square the image in the viewfinder. Line up the image edges with the viewfinder as best as you can, usually lining up one corner will do the trick.

And a really big storm just hit and the lights dimmed for a moment.  I have the dishwasher running right now.

Thanks, I'll try that. Most of the time, I just use my crappy bedroom light.

And I'm certain I must've asked you before, but what materials do you use for drawing? Are no. 2 pencils reliable for drawing?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22562 on: August 06, 2014, 04:34:19 AM
I use a mechanical pencil with No. 2 lead.  For darker linework, I ink with a 01 Pigma Micron pen.

HB pencils are ideal, but a No. 2 pencil does the job just fine. 

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22563 on: August 06, 2014, 04:54:10 AM
Okay, I'll look into getting them.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22564 on: August 06, 2014, 05:50:59 AM

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22565 on: August 06, 2014, 05:53:49 AM
Okay, I'll look into getting them.

For the record, my other pencils rarely see any use.  I don't use my many sketch sets (that I usually get as gifts), as all I use is my years-old Pentel Twist-Erase with the 0.5 lead.  I also use Prismacolor non-photo blue for sketching.

But definitely get some Microns.  They're great for inking.  Decent price, too.

And I've known about Yoshisaur for years.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22566 on: August 06, 2014, 05:57:10 AM
Well a friend of mine found out about it and promptly screamed a Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOO!  The same guy who's baby chick died. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22567 on: August 06, 2014, 06:01:51 AM
Hm. 

I got my shoes off and my foot is up and iced.  It's turning all sorts of different colors.  I should take a picture of it.  I banged it up good.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #22568 on: August 06, 2014, 06:04:32 AM
Jeez. I've been a member for almost two years now. Time really flies. I still feel like a newbie.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22569 on: August 06, 2014, 06:14:19 AM
*looks*

Holy crap, you're right! :o

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22570 on: August 06, 2014, 06:18:17 AM
It'll be almost 7 years I've been here....

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #22571 on: August 06, 2014, 06:40:49 AM
Like 6 for me personally.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22572 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:46 AM
And now the soreness of using the bike for 20 mins is kicking in.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22573 on: August 06, 2014, 07:31:02 AM
Well, I'm going to bed.  I'm worn out.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22574 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:33 AM
It seems I'm one of the few members on TFN that doesn't have a Sci-Fi/Star Wars-themed name.